View Full Version : ePassporte Tomfoolery

timvp
07-21-2008, 03:53 AM
Check the business bank account today and notice two micro deposits from ePassporte. I've never had an ePassporte account so obviously something is up and someone is trying to setup an ePassporte account so they can then withdraw money.

Call ePassporte and even though I give the the ePassporte account ID that showed up with the micro deposits, they say they need more info to verify the account (WTF?). Didn't want to give it up but eventually gave them my bank account number. Eventually they "froze" the account and will have their "investigation department" contact me.

I've heard of peeps using ePassporte after the Neteller crash to fund poker and sports betting. Anyone know if it is at least a reputable company? Do people still use it? How much info do you need to have to get to the point where the micro deposits are made? I have fraud security on that business account but it's a pain in the azz if I have to go through with it.

Got damn scammers :pctoss

P.S.

I don't mind speaking to someone with an Indian accent but if you are going to be in customer service, you need better English skills than having to read everything you say off of a script.

Kori Ellis
07-21-2008, 03:55 AM
Oh ... and people need to stop bothering that account. Last time, Hagee's church charged like $500 for a refrigerator or some appliances on that account. :pctoss

MannyIsGod
07-21-2008, 07:27 AM
I had an ePassporte account for a long time that I never even used. I started using it about 4-5 months ago for poker site withdrawls only to have them pull out of the market only about 1 week after I get a card from them (for like a 30 dollar free) to withdrawl with.

I then circumvented that by making personal transfers with people who had money on there in exchange for their cash and me giving them funds on poker sites. They froze my account and asked me to verify my identity etc.

They're kind of a pain in the ass to deal with but they're legit.