PDA

View Full Version : Summer League Game 7: Spurs vs. Dallas

timvp
07-21-2008, 06:00 AM
Game starts at 1PM CST. Live streaming will (hopefully) be available for this second to last summer league game.

Dallas has some pretty good players on their roster. Aaron Miles is close to NBA level and will be a good challenge for Hill. Green, Frahm and Foster should issue some challenges at the wing positions. James Singleton is a super athletic smallish 3/4 who will be a very good test for Gist. Similar players who'd play similar roles in the NBA.

Oh yeah and supposedly Hill and Singleton are half brothers according to McDonald of the Express-News. I've researched it and haven't seen it confirmed anywhere else. Perhaps we'll get some sort of indication this afternoon :lol

Solid D
07-21-2008, 06:42 AM
Gist should be rested, now.

timvp
07-21-2008, 06:46 AM
Title of thread says D-League All Stars instead of Dallas, timvp.Thanks. :tu

Gist should be rested, now.Yeah two days off after five games in five days. I'm hoping for a Gist versus Singleton showdown.

:hungry:

mystargtr34
07-21-2008, 07:12 AM
Im looking forward to seeing what Singleton can do for the Mavs, i thought that was an under rated pick up. He was decent in his first NBA sting with the Clips but playing in a more structured setting ing Europe should do him some good.

Manufan909
07-21-2008, 08:59 AM
God I hope I can watch this one. But I can always go to the archives on nba.com, right?

SPURSGOAT
07-21-2008, 10:54 AM
God I hope I can watch this one. But I can always go to the archives on nba.com, right?

Yea it should be archived; probably after 11PM or midnight. I won't be able to see it since stuck at work and they don't allow streaming... so will have to catch up on this thread and then watch the archive later...

tav1
07-21-2008, 10:57 AM
I'm at work, but I'm gonna try my hand at a link until the web nazis kick me off.

Anyone have a link?

SPURSGOAT
07-21-2008, 10:58 AM
This game will be a good test for Hill, Gist, and Ian. I think the Dallas SL team has a bit too much firepower compared to ours; guess we will see how good our D is.

I am hoping for good games from Gist and Hill.. and to see if Tolliver can continue his hot shooting. Also hoping that Ian maybe wakes up and plays like a beast.... I know dreaming... :lol

SPURSGOAT
07-21-2008, 11:02 AM
I'm at work, but I'm gonna try my hand at a link until the web nazis kick me off.

Anyone have a link?

timvp usually has a direct link a little before or little after tip-off.

rAm
07-21-2008, 11:03 AM
I'm so excited!

I'm so, scared

:lmao

hahaha, its not every day I hear a good Saved by the Bell quote.

MoSpur
07-21-2008, 11:16 AM
I'm gonna try to watch. I haven't seen much of anything except for highlights.

FromWayDowntown
07-21-2008, 11:35 AM
Is there some place to view final boxscores for the RMR games or are the 1st quarter boxes on the Jazz site the only ones that are available?

urunobili
07-21-2008, 11:39 AM
Is there some place to view final boxscores for the RMR games or are the 1st quarter boxes on the Jazz site the only ones that are available?

i haven;t found anywhere that gets updated live.... just pdf's after the games are finished

djohn14
07-21-2008, 11:46 AM

Haha I went through the same thing. The post box scores by quarter. Go back to the 1st quarte box scores and scroll down to the bottom. They are there.

pad300
07-21-2008, 11:48 AM
No game 6 game thoughts posted yet!?!

/Sarcasm on

Get your butt to work!

TiMVP is a lazy bum...

bigdog
07-21-2008, 11:59 AM
anyone have a link to the stream?

timvp
07-21-2008, 12:40 PM
No game 6 game thoughts posted yet!?!

/Sarcasm on

Get your butt to work!

TiMVP is a lazy bum...

:lol

Lurker23 had a good write up on the first two games of RMR. (http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101557) That's probably sufficient.

Here's quick thoughts:

-Hill's defense was great. He had five steals and had three or four other forced turnovers on top of that. Offensively, he was extremely, extremely passive. I'm guessing it was fatigue related because he wasn't crashing the boards either, which he had done in all the other games. His five assists and two turnovers were a good ratio for summer league action. It'll be interesting to see what he does with a day off.

-Mahinmi had some very good moments but then he went through a horrible stretch that culminated with him getting yelled at by Mike Bud. He got into foul trouble, with the biggest culprit being that he reaches instead of putting his arms up. He was also late on his rotations, which didn't make the coaches happy. In short, it was a pretty bad performance overall.

-Hairston was a lot better defensively. Offensively, the only real success he had was when he drove the ball to the lane. He still doesn't look like much of an NBA player but he's not the train wreck he was earlier in summer league.

-Tolliver again showed his range. He also did a nice job on the boards. His entire game is limited outside of his three-point shot ... but that skill alone will likely get him an invite to training camp.

-Green was the leading scorer and even mixed in a few nice defensive plays. He's good for this summer league team because he can score but he doesn't look like a legitimate NBA player.

-Gist and Morrison got the game off after play five games in five nights.

GSH
07-21-2008, 12:41 PM
Yeah, I'm looking forward to another live slideshow.

Honestly, I can't complain. I'm sure the RMR isn't a huge revenue generator. I'm surprised they have it at all.

roycrikside
07-21-2008, 12:45 PM
LJ, any secret backdoor streams like last time?

timvp
07-21-2008, 12:48 PM
No link yet. Doesn't look like Salt Lake City Video Camera Man has set up his equipment yet.

:wakeup

Hoy
07-21-2008, 12:56 PM
There won't be any video for todays' Spurs game. No TV. No online video. Nothing.

Bruno
07-21-2008, 12:57 PM
^and neither tomorrow.
http://www.nba.com/jazz/Revue/2008_RMR_Broadcast_Streaming_Schedule.html

urunobili
07-21-2008, 12:57 PM
plz someone make this happen! the stream has to be somewhere!

timvp
07-21-2008, 01:02 PM
^and neither tomorrow.
http://www.nba.com/jazz/Revue/2008_RMR_Broadcast_Streaming_Schedule.html
Hmm ... I saw the end of that Iran v Dallas game on Saturday that they list as not being streamed. I'll keep looking for link but there's a good chance they haven't even set up the camera yet so the backdoor feed probably won't show up :td

Manufan909
07-21-2008, 01:02 PM
Fucking Utah. Come on!!!

urunobili
07-21-2008, 01:05 PM
Hmm ... I saw the end of that Iran v Dallas game on Saturday that they list as not being streamed. I'll keep looking for link but there's a good chance they haven't even set up the camera yet so the backdoor feed probably won't show up :td

if i get a link would you give me a spur? :downspin:

MoSpur
07-21-2008, 01:07 PM
I'm not able to find anything right now.

jayc23
07-21-2008, 01:09 PM
wow what a scrub organization they run there

xellos88330
07-21-2008, 01:12 PM
oh well, i guess i am going to have to play command and conquer now :P

urunobili
07-21-2008, 01:13 PM
not even a fucking live boxscore :( i thought timvp and Kori were going to this event... you could have been blogging live for us all :depressed

wisnub
07-21-2008, 01:22 PM
Summer game is nothing. Beside, Dallas is not our rival anymore, they cannot even get past 1st round. Please Spurs fans...dont get involved with them, its just a waste of time. Not in the same level.. Dallas get beaten in the 1st round again after the greatest upset in NBA history. Beside they're really sucks since they got Kidd...(Harris and Diop were the x factors in the past)

Lakers and Celtics are two that i got nervous on...

tp2021
07-21-2008, 01:33 PM
It isnt about rivalry smart one. We want to see the progress of our own players.

remingtonbo2001
07-21-2008, 01:34 PM
So, no link?

remingtonbo2001
07-21-2008, 01:35 PM
Knicks and Minny on NBA TV, for those who care.

urunobili
07-21-2008, 01:36 PM
It isnt about rivalry smart one. We want to see the progress of our own players.

:tu

baseline bum
07-21-2008, 02:16 PM
I didn't like it the last time these two teams played a game 7. Hopefully this one will turn out better.

remingtonbo2001
07-21-2008, 02:29 PM
So, no hidden camara, or back door feed.

I'm very dissapointed.

Bruno
07-21-2008, 03:12 PM
Spurs lost 77-84
http://www.nba.com/media/jazz/rmr08_day3_dalsas.pdf.pdf

djohn14
07-21-2008, 03:15 PM
Nice game for Hill. Ian had a double double. 9 and 7 for Gist.

djohn14
07-21-2008, 03:16 PM
The box score is wrong. It says Tolliver played 28 minutes and didnt record a single stat.

Bruno
07-21-2008, 03:17 PM
Tolliver scored 11 points.

Bartleby
07-21-2008, 03:22 PM
Ughh. Only one blocked shot, and that was by Hairston, who is looking more and more like a long shot.

OTOH, it was nice to see that the Spurs SL "big three" of Mahinmi, Gist and Hill put together a solid game.

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-21-2008, 03:33 PM
:tu Nice games by the big 3. Looks like Hairston is gonna have to pull something out of his ass during the preseason to stay on the roster.

ducks
07-21-2008, 03:36 PM
these box scores are for the birds not ducks

ulosturedge
07-21-2008, 03:37 PM
Hill got a couple of treys to fall and also had 4 steals. Maybe hes comin around.

ducks
07-21-2008, 03:37 PM
Hill got a couple of treys to fall and also had 4 steals. Maybe hes comin around.

no way
:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

ducks
07-21-2008, 03:38 PM
who would have thunked it

after all he was learning the spurs system and playing [poitn guard
it takes a couple of games
he was thinking to much when shooting to
it showed to

Bartleby
07-21-2008, 03:41 PM
Ian shot 11/11 from the charity stripe. That puts his FT % during summer league play somewhere in the mid 80's, no?

That's way too high for him to ever become a Spurs big.

Solid D
07-21-2008, 03:47 PM
The box score is wrong. It says Tolliver played 28 minutes and didnt record a single stat.

Tolliver's stat line is actually listed at the bottom for Jameel Watkins. Watkins should have DNP, I think.

Solid D
07-21-2008, 03:50 PM
In looking at the personnel, the Spurs should have dominated inside and they did on the boards 35-22. Dallas shot lights-out. Their perimeter guys beat the Spurs' perimeter guys, I guess.

Amarelooms
07-21-2008, 03:51 PM
Green is gonna be a good player for the Mavs watch and see...he probably be starting at the 2....

ulosturedge
07-21-2008, 03:52 PM
who would have thunked it

after all he was learning the spurs system and playing [poitn guard
it takes a couple of games
he was thinking to much when shooting to
it showed to

Yeah it was pretty obvious that he was putting too much pressure on himself early on. Dude needs to let the ball fly he's already guaranteed a contract so no need to fret. Spurs were big about taking Hill because of his character and his mindset towards life/basketball. I think this is whats gonna get him to that next level and hopefully make him a good contributor to the spurs team in the years to come.

Amarelooms
07-21-2008, 03:54 PM
Yeah it was pretty obvious that he was putting too much pressure on himself early on. Dude needs to let the ball fly he's already guaranteed a contract so no need to fret. Spurs were big about taking Hill because of his character and his mindset towards life/basketball. I think this is whats gonna get him to that next level and hopefully make him a good contributor to the spurs team in the years to come.

Hill is mediocre at best...if Spurs counting on him this season...things are not looking good. :elephant

ducks
07-21-2008, 03:56 PM
Hill is mediocre at best...if Spurs counting on him this season...things are not looking good. :elephant

did you watch the game

Bartleby
07-21-2008, 03:57 PM

Hill will be the second or third backup PG, so I'm not sure how much his performance will make or break the team's overall success. I imagine he will have no trouble guarding a slow old fart like Kidd, however.

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-21-2008, 03:58 PM

Good thing we're not. :elephant

Amarelooms
07-21-2008, 03:59 PM
did you watch the game

LOL...one good game from him and he's awesome? All your homers had shit to say when he was 0-10. He is not that good simple facts....he didnt even play division 1 ball...was a bad pick as usual by the Spurs. :elephant

Amarelooms
07-21-2008, 04:00 PM
Hill will be the second or third backup PG, so I'm not sure how much his performance will make or break the team's overall success. I imagine he will have no trouble guarding a slow old fart like Kidd, however.

BTW Mavs >>>> Spurs for the upcoming year

Predict the Mavs finish with a better record and go further in the playoffs...how many of you homers care to bet :elephant

Bartleby
07-21-2008, 04:05 PM
was a bad pick as usual by the Spurs. :elephant

Funny coming from a Mavs fans. Who have they drafted recently, other than Howard, who is worth a shit?

ulosturedge
07-21-2008, 04:06 PM

Predict the Mavs finish with a better record and go further in the playoffs...how many of you homers care to bet :elephant

lol put the pipe down. Mavs gettin Jason Kidd was the worst thing they could have done. He slows down the Mavs into crap and he can't shoot worth a crap so they are like playin 4 on 5 when they on offense.

Not to mention the Mavs choked to the Heat. Then got ousted in the 1st round by warriors. But umm ok Mavs all the way...

Bartleby
07-21-2008, 04:06 PM

Better regular season record, maybe, but who cares about that? The Mavs are fading fast and will disappear in the first round (if they make it that far).

timvp
07-21-2008, 04:10 PM
Looks like Hill had a good game. Sucks that we couldn't see it. Hopefully they make the replay available in the archive ..... but I doubt they will because it doesn't look like they had a video camera set up.

What's funny is Hill could go from a player some national media members said was the worst in Vegas to the First Team of the Rocky Mountain Revue. I also don't think it is a coincidence that all three of Hill's best games came after a day off.

Hill looks like a Spur so far. His free throw percentage has been horrible and he sucks in back-to-backs :tu

Solid D
07-21-2008, 04:23 PM
All this fuss over a couple of guys who might get a share of the 30 points, or so, that the "everyone-not-named-Tim-Tony-Manu" get to score each game.

(Oops, I forgot to mention defense)

jayc23
07-21-2008, 04:27 PM
Looks like George needs to take some redbull or something before a back to back games.. we will see what happens tomorrow... I dont know why Hill's energy lacks in back to back games... his conditioning is superb.. mabe that needs work this off season aswell

mardigan
07-21-2008, 04:27 PM

This from the guy putting his hopes on Gerald Green. Great analysis douche.

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-21-2008, 04:34 PM

He also believes Shan Foster is the steal of the draft. :lmao

Harry Callahan
07-21-2008, 04:43 PM
Mavsfan better realize Jason Kidd cost them Devin Harris and the 08 and 10 #1s. A very steep price for an over the hill PG.

One opportunity to take a 1st rounder in the three years (2008-2010) is not very encouraging for Mavsfan, is it?

Tully365
07-21-2008, 04:57 PM
Hill's final stats:

18 pts (7-14 FG, 2-5 3PT), 4 rebounds, 4 assists, 4 steals, 3 TO

The box scores on the RMR website are confusing and I've found a few mistakes, but this line seems to be right.

Tully365
07-21-2008, 05:00 PM
This stat line looks a lot like one of his IUPUI lines: good shooting percentages, and contributions in almost all areas. He's looking better & better...

Amarelooms
07-21-2008, 05:12 PM

Green has more talent in his pinky than Hill....Green >>>>>>>>>>>>> Hill.

Also dont be surprised if Foster who the Mavs picked in the second round has a more productive career than Hill lol...suck on that douche bag :elephant

ulosturedge
07-21-2008, 05:13 PM
As people are saying he is trying to make the swing from shooting to point. Yesterdays game looks like he was looking to pass more then shoot(only had 6attempts with 4 assists). Todays game was a more all around game. Looks like he had 5 steals that game too. I think the defense is there from everything we've seen. He just needs more basketball knowledge on the NBA level so that he can learn to run the point. With more experience time will tell.

BOHOLANO#21
07-21-2008, 05:18 PM

Also dont be surprised if Foster who the Mavs picked in the second round has a more productive career than Hill lol...suck on that douche bag :elephant
wanna dare to count the championship banner hanging in AT &T center? you piece of douche bag...:lol

BOHOLANO#21
07-21-2008, 05:21 PM

honest opinion from a sorry mavs fan. our spurs are aiming for the championships not regular season record.:lol

BOHOLANO#21
07-21-2008, 05:22 PM

green will be smoking pot with howard in the bench:lol

Slinkyman
07-21-2008, 05:22 PM

if Green is so good why has he gone from team to team to team, etc. Green is a great dunker, that's it. Vertical does not equal talent.

mardigan
07-21-2008, 05:23 PM

Green has been on like 3 teams in 4 years, talent only takes you so far. He has no heart though, so he should be a pretty good match for the Mavs.

Also dont be suprised if the Spurs late second round pick Gist has more balls and toughness than the entire Mavs organization put together.

I'm just sayin

Tully365
07-21-2008, 05:26 PM
Did anyone watch or listen to the game? Gerald Green finished with 27, Aaron Miles with 7. I assume Hill was guarding Miles?

Amarelooms
07-21-2008, 05:28 PM
Green has been on like 3 teams in 4 years, talent only takes you so far. He has no heart though, so he should be a pretty good match for the Mavs.

Also dont be suprised if the Spurs late second round pick Gist has more balls and toughness than the entire Mavs organization put together.

I'm just sayin

LOL at all you Spurs homers...talking shit...bunch of teenagers who jerk it to Duncan...so sad indeed. Spurs had a good run....but they have about as much chance as the Mavs of winning another ring...slim to none. Good thing it's only basketball losers :elephant

mardigan
07-21-2008, 05:32 PM
but they have about as much chance as the Mavs of winning another ring...

Right on, preach the word

texbound
07-21-2008, 05:33 PM
Hill's final stats:

18 pts (7-14 FG, 2-5 3PT), 4 rebounds, 4 assists, 4 steals, 3 TO

The box scores on the RMR website are confusing and I've found a few mistakes, but this line seems to be right.

According to the Stat sheet, James Singleton has to be the greatest player ever to suit up in the NBA. The guy scored 10pts, shot 75% from the field and 100% from the FT line without playing a single minute of the game.

NO PLAYER MIN FG FGA 3P 3PA FT FTA OR DR TOT A PF ST TO BS PTS
07 Reyshawn Terry F 26:20 5 13 4 9 0 0 0 2 2 3 1 0 1 0 14
33 Shan Foster F 26:37 3 5 0 0 0 0 0 5 5 0 1 1 1 1 6
23 Charles Rhodes C 22:05 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
0 Aaron Miles G 28:36 3 7 0 0 1 2 0 1 1 8 1 1 3 0 7
08 Gerald Green G 33:32 8 15 5 9 6 7 1 4 5 2 4 2 5 1 27
03 JaJuan Smith 22:17 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
24 Richie Frahm 12:36 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 2 5 0 1 0 0
44 Courtney Sims 16:33 4 6 0 0 0 0 0 2 2 1 4 0 1 1 8
01 Derrick Low 11:24 1 2 1 1 0 0 0 0 0 2 1 0 0 0 3
51 James Singleton 0:00 3 4 0 0 4 4 0 0 0 0 3 0 3 0 10

Tully365
07-21-2008, 06:01 PM
George Hill's Rocky Mountain Review averages after three games:

15ppg, 4 rpg, 4 apg, 4 spg, 2.6 TOpg, shooting 44 FG%

SPURSGOAT
07-21-2008, 06:06 PM
damn I sure hope they archived the game... but I doubt it since it seems there was no camera set up for it. Sux! Hill has his best game yet and we can't see it. :depressed

Tully365
07-21-2008, 06:11 PM
damn I sure hope they archived the game... but I doubt it since it seems there was no camera set up for it. Sux! Hill has his best game yet and we can't see it. :depressed

Yeah-- Vegas is so much more organized than Salt Lake City.

2centsworth
07-21-2008, 06:12 PM

the guy is not very good. He can shoot sometimes, but doesn't do anything else.

Hill with a very nice game.

Tully365
07-21-2008, 07:36 PM
Looks like the final line for Tolliver is 11 pts, 3 rebounds, 1 assist, 4-10 from the field, 3-8 from 3PT.

John_C
07-21-2008, 07:41 PM
George Hill's Rocky Mountain Review averages after three games:

15ppg, 4 rpg, 4 apg, 4 spg, 2.6 TOpg, shooting 44 FG%

Hill seems to be getting better.

What changed from LV to RMR?

Has the competition level gone down or basically the same, or even tougher?

Is Hill becoming more comfortable now with playing the point or has he been let loose to play SG?

Hope someone answers.

angelbelow
07-21-2008, 07:44 PM
i really like hill and ians stats here. gist also did well off the bench.

The Franchise
07-21-2008, 08:47 PM

Your talking about SALT LAKE CITY!

angelbelow
07-21-2008, 08:49 PM

Is Hill becoming more comfortable now with playing the point or has he been let loose to play SG?

Hope someone answers.

confidence and comfort. its no secret that hill was trying to play pg rather than his natural position.

SPURSGOAT
07-21-2008, 08:58 PM

Is Hill becoming more comfortable now with playing the point

That is your answer right there... More relaxed and not trying to force the game so much. He is getting more used to what is expected of him.

SPURSGOAT
07-21-2008, 09:00 PM

Won't be able to see tomorrow's either... wtf! Is Utah not streaming/showing our games since we gave them such an ass whoop'n... :downspin:

John_C
07-21-2008, 09:00 PM
confidence and comfort. its no secret that hill was trying to play pg rather than his natural position.

Now, this would be good news. If Hill is getting better playing the point, and away from his natural SG comfort zone then trying to get him into rotation early on the season as a back up PG may not take that long as much as some naysayers are trying to holler about.

MarHill
07-21-2008, 09:55 PM

Right on, preach the word

Amen, brother!! Keeping on preaching...Mavs fan!

Please bless the Mavs fans with another 60 win season & a Southwest Division Championship!!

homer
07-21-2008, 10:58 PM

Hope someone answers.

Hasn't anyone else seen the pattern that's evolving here with Hill. It reminds me of 06-07 Spurs on the second game of back to backs.Tell me if I'M wrong here. I didn't get to watch any of the SL games and got all my info from Spurstalk. Hill played good his 1st game and every game after resting for at least 1 day. The 2nd games that were back to back, he played badly, offensively. Seems he did it again today after resting Sunday. Good or bad, IMHO, he's perfect Spurs material. Everyone has their good and bad days, and I think there will be many more good days than bad for George. I also think the Spurs will be alot better this year than most of you think. GO SPURS GO:lobt2:09

usckk
07-21-2008, 11:04 PM
We need to see more of this during the regular season!

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/photo?slug=26320912a460ea1807b9114233fec8a3-getty-_81648344_mm009_mavs_spurs&prov=getty

SpursChampsIII
07-21-2008, 11:12 PM
LOL at all you Spurs homers...talking shit...bunch of teenagers who jerk it to Duncan...so sad indeed. Spurs had a good run....but they have about as much chance as the Mavs of winning another ring...slim to none. Good thing it's only basketball losers :elephant

Go fvk yourself you little bitch. It don't matter what you think of the Spurs' chances...your weak ass loser team has not won shit and it will stay that way. Go jerk off your boyfriend.

Eat this, mf'r :lobt2::lobt2::lobt2::lobt2: