The Franchise
07-21-2008, 10:10 AM
A friend said he just read it on ESPN.

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-21-2008, 10:12 AM
Yea for 3 years.

Slo spurs fan
07-21-2008, 10:13 AM
Pogodba Boštjana Nachbarja je, kot je v njegovem imenu sporočil oče Vlado, vredna kar 28 milijonov ameriških dolarjev neto za tri sezone ali zapisano drugače šest milijonov evrov neto na sezono. V ligi NBA bi bila podobna pogodba v bruto znesku vredna približno 41 milijonov dolarjev. S tem je Boštjan Nachbar brez dvoma postal najbolje plačani košarkar, ki si kruh služi v Evropi.

Actually it is for 28mio$ and it would be 41 mio$ if it was in USA (becouse of taxes)

angel_luv
07-21-2008, 10:46 AM
Another Slovenian lost to a non Spurs team. Sigh.

Good for Boki though. :) Congrats to him.

10-tka
07-21-2008, 11:09 AM
Show me the money Boki
kaching $$$

JamStone
07-21-2008, 11:12 AM
Start a new cold war with those commi motherfuckers.

Kobayagi
07-21-2008, 11:16 AM
Highest paid player in Europe at the moment, isn't he?

I've got the feeling this isn't over yet. Some russian team is bringing an NBA superstar over and it's gonna happen this year.

It may be an ex-superstar but still.

velik_m
07-21-2008, 11:19 AM
This does come as surprise. I guess this explains why there were no rumors of NBA teams interested in Boki.

Rumors is it's a three year contract with last year player option, but only if he leaves for NBA.

-
The funny thing is i planned to change my team from Toronto to whomever signs Nachbar. Now i don't know who to chose this year?

BgT
07-21-2008, 11:20 AM
Actually if the European version of the news is correct, Nachbar is getting 13.8M dollars per ONE season after you add the taxes he is not paying. How many players in NBA are better payed than him? lol

Slo spurs fan
07-21-2008, 11:24 AM
Actually if the European version of the news is correct, Nachbar is getting 13.8M dollars per ONE season after you add the taxes he is not paying. How many players in NBA are better payed than him? lol

That is what I wrote.:toast

BgT
07-21-2008, 12:00 PM
That is what I wrote.:toast
Well, then you were wrong and so was I, but I made a different mistake. Go calculate how many USD is 28M euros. 44M, so that is NOT because of the taxes. The difference between 44 and 28 is because... you know... the exchange rate. It's not the same currency. ;)

If you want to add the no-taxes value, you have to multiply the number with something like 1.5 or 1.7.

Anyway, I don't believe that number is correct. Nachbar can't be one of the best payed basketball players on the planet. I mean think about, he would be getting 22M per season, only Garnett gets more.

Those 28M euros are just wrong.

remingtonbo2001
07-21-2008, 12:05 PM
I wonder what the cost of living is in Russia.

For that matter, what about Europe in general?

Slo spurs fan
07-21-2008, 12:07 PM
Well, then you were wrong and so was I, but I made a different mistake. Go calculate how many USD is 28M euros. 44M, so that is NOT because of the taxes. The difference between 44 and 28 is because... you know... the exchange rate. It's not the same currency. ;)

If you want to add the no-taxes value, you have to multiply the number with something like 1.5 or 1.7.

Anyway, I don't believe that number is correct. Nachbar can't be one of the best payed basketball players on the planet. I mean think about, he would be getting 22M per season, only Garnett gets more.

Those 28M euros are just wrong.

Where did you read 28 mio Euros???? I wrote 28 mio $$$! And with taxes it is cca 41 mio $ (not EUROs)

Slo spurs fan
07-21-2008, 12:09 PM

It is to different from country to country, well it is different from city to city:lol

BgT
07-21-2008, 12:12 PM
Where did you read 28 mio Euros???? I wrote 28 mio $$$! And with taxes it is cca 41 mio $ (not EUROs)
I've read 28M euros on one of the Slovenian sites, but it's corrected now. Now that's something I could believe, yes. 13.7M dollars (NBA equivalent) per season. Wow, just wow.

BgT
07-21-2008, 12:17 PM

In general food and electronics are a bit more expensive than in USA. However the cost of apartments, houses, rents etc. is considerably lower.

FlAVaK
07-21-2008, 12:27 PM
Link to ESPN article:
Ex-Nets F Nachbar, Dynamo Moscow agree to 3-year, $14.3M deal (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3497994)

Slo spurs fan
07-21-2008, 12:29 PM
It is old article. In new one (in all Slovenian sites, where his father explained sign) it is 28 mio$

Pero
07-21-2008, 01:38 PM
Wow.

Indazone
07-21-2008, 02:35 PM
In Russia his money will go considerably further. Now if he lived in Scandinavia he'd be screwed.

Texas_Ranger
07-21-2008, 03:06 PM
:lol

BgT
07-21-2008, 03:37 PM
First interview... says he didn't want to leave USA and there was "no money that could've persuaded him." However the money they offered him was just too good. Most serious in NBA were Atlanta and Golden State, but when he told them the Russian number, they just "shrugged".

Pero
07-21-2008, 04:31 PM
He could've been good in Golden State.

Solid D
07-21-2008, 11:11 PM
Also in the Eurobasket site

http://www.eurobasket.com/RUS/RUS.asp

Dinamo inks Bostjan Nachbar, Khimlki officially release Tucker

by Andrei Maminov - Jul 21, 2008
Dinamo Moscow made today a major coup after agreeing terms with Slovenian forward - Bostjan Nachbar (207-G/F-80, agency: Interperformances). The New Jersey forward who played in the last 6 years in the NBA in the Houston Rockets, New Olreans Hornets and the Nets has agreed a 3 years contract worth 9 million Euros according to reports in Russia today. Nachbar is a product of Olimpija Lublijana who also played at Benetton Treviso before moving to the best league in the World.

So far Dinamo signed Darjus Lavrinovic (212-C-79), Arriel McDonald (191-G-72, college: Minnesota), Hollis Price (186-G-79, college: Oklahoma) and now David Blatt is looking for a high profile shooting guard who can play at Small forward position too.
Khimki has announced that they won't continue with their American guard Clay Tucker (194-G-80, agency: Pro One Sports, college: Wisc.-Milwaukee). Tucker who signed in February from Siviglia Wear Teramo and avreged 10.0ppg, 3.1rpg, 2.0apg, 1.7spg in the Russian league. But the team didn't use the option on the player and he is already on his way to Israeli side - Maccabi Tel-Aviv.according to his agent.

Hemotivo
07-21-2008, 11:31 PM
:wow

no way

Dario
07-22-2008, 12:21 AM
That is crazy money. Good for him i guess

Obstructed_View
07-22-2008, 01:27 AM
He now has plenty of money to pay protection while he's there.

Pero
07-22-2008, 02:47 AM
Why do you think he'd need to?

ata
07-22-2008, 03:00 AM
Why do you think he'd need to?

Don't be naive!

However, usually everything is included (house, car, security). Only costs Boki will have will be food.
Players in Russia live in well protected city quarters for rich residents. They don't have to leave this areas, since everything is included (from schools to swimmingpools) - at least that was my understanding from Smodis' (CSKA) interview.

Kobayagi
07-22-2008, 03:19 AM
Only costs Boki will have will be food.

If I'd be the owner of any restaurant in Moscow, I'd be delighted if the most expensive basketball player in Europe would come to my restaurant to have dinner with his family. He certainly wouldn't have to pay for it.

So my guess is, he doesn't have to pay for food. :king:downspin:

Pero
07-22-2008, 03:38 AM
Don't be naive!

However, usually everything is included (house, car, security). Only costs Boki will have will be food.
Players in Russia live in well protected city quarters for rich residents. They don't have to leave this areas, since everything is included (from schools to swimmingpools) - at least that was my understanding from Smodis' (CSKA) interview.

Right, I think exactly what you said. So, don't be naive!
:lol

ata
07-22-2008, 04:07 AM
Oh, I've misunderstood you there, then

Kill_Bill_Pana
07-22-2008, 06:31 AM
Highest paid player in Europe at the moment, isn't he?

I've got the feeling this isn't over yet. Some russian team is bringing an NBA superstar over and it's gonna happen this year.

It may be an ex-superstar but still.

Yes he is with sign $41 million contract. Greek media says this.

I have question why is ESPN report $14 million when he signs for $41 million?

1. Nachbar
2. Jasikevicius (with his buyout from NBA)
3. Papaloukas
4. Delfino

This is what is report.

Kill_Bill_Pana
07-22-2008, 06:33 AM

Moscow is most expensive city in world. It is incredible how much is expensive there. Make city like Hong Kong and London and such seem cheap. This is why players in big Russia clubs like Dynamo and CSKA have the 200,000 euros per year spending allowance from team.

BgT
07-22-2008, 09:22 AM
Moscow is most expensive city in world. It is incredible how much is expensive there. Make city like Hong Kong and London and such seem cheap. This is why players in big Russia clubs like Dynamo and CSKA have the 200,000 euros per year spending allowance from team.
Just asked a friend living in Moscow about some prices...
1 bedroom apartment far from Moscow center - 1300 USD per month
a 0.5l beer in a bar/restaurant - 3.5 bucks

So for the drinking homeless people Moscow is not that expensive.

Indazone
07-22-2008, 09:29 AM
Those prices are not that bad. Still less than New York City. Not as good as Houston though. One bed room in Houston is $800 far from the Toyota Center and beer at a bar will still cost about $2.50/bud light.

nil.ball
07-22-2008, 11:42 AM
Any russian girls are hot, good for him. I would have done the same.

Kill_Bill_Pana
07-22-2008, 12:15 PM
Those prices are not that bad. Still less than New York City. Not as good as Houston though. One bed room in Houston is $800 far from the Toyota Center and beer at a bar will still cost about $2.50/bud light.

Average 1 bedroom apartment is $800 in NYC. Is this not correct?

The Franchise
07-22-2008, 02:09 PM

Only if you live in a shithole.

Indazone
07-22-2008, 02:17 PM

Not even close NY Manhattan in the Midtown area which is average. A 1 bedroom apartment costs a minimum of $2800 and can range up to $3200.

http://www.citi-habitats.com/

Kill_Bill_Pana
07-22-2008, 03:34 PM
Not even close NY Manhattan in the Midtown area which is average. A 1 bedroom apartment costs a minimum of $2800 and can range up to $3200.

http://www.citi-habitats.com/

I mean for whole city.

Indazone
07-22-2008, 03:36 PM
Even if you include Flushing, Brooklynn, the Bronx, and Queen, the average price for an apartment is going to be at least $1500-2000.

Rent for a basic but comfortable studio apartment
Manhattan $1500 - $2000 / Brooklyn $1200-$1500

You can find sublets looking for a roommate for the summer on craigslist. $750 to $1000 depending on where, how many roommates, etc.

Transportation - $76 / monthly unlimited subway card

Kill_Bill_Pana
07-22-2008, 04:17 PM
Even if you include Flushing, Brooklynn, the Bronx, and Queen, the average price for an apartment is going to be at least $1500-2000.

Rent for a basic but comfortable studio apartment
Manhattan $1500 - $2000 / Brooklyn $1200-$1500

You can find sublets looking for a roommate for the summer on craigslist. $750 to $1000 depending on where, how many roommates, etc.

Transportation - $76 / monthly unlimited subway card

No I mean for whole city 1 room apartment.

Indazone
07-22-2008, 05:07 PM
That is what those numbers represent. You cannot get an apartment anywhere in NY city for $800 unless it is a studio with one room and a bathroom. Even then it's for $800 you will only get an apt in the ghetto where it is very dangerous to live and will be gang infested with cockroaches.

ata
05-18-2009, 06:29 AM
Important difference between Europe and NBA: in Europe numbers on contracts are optional. If club has no money, players aren't paid.
Nachbar is not member of Dinamo any more - AFAIK last paycheck came in December. Nachbar is trying to get back in NBA.

EDIT: sorry, already posted

Bukefal
05-18-2009, 07:09 AM

The cost of living in Moscow is very high, the highest in europe. For the rest of Russia, you can say its low.

Indazone
05-18-2009, 08:23 AM
Hmmm how'd that countract with Dynamo work out Boki? Welcome back to the NBA

angel_luv
05-18-2009, 11:01 AM
I am sorry to hear things didn't work out for Boki. It would be great to see him back in the NBA.

Kill_Bill_Pana
05-18-2009, 06:48 PM
Hmmm how'd that countract with Dynamo work out Boki? Welcome back to the NBA

Ignore these Slovenian morons. At Euroleague final four he said he got all his money from the club. This forum has so many liars in it that it is almost like a political debate.

Kobayagi
05-18-2009, 07:10 PM
Ignore these Slovenian morons. At Euroleague final four he said he got all his money from the club. This forum has so many liars in it that it is almost like a political debate.

Is his own personal website (http://www.bokinachbar.com/?p=2705&lang=EN) legit enough source for you?

Kill_Bill_Pana
05-18-2009, 08:18 PM
No. He is full of shit and you know it.

His contract states he can only opt out of his contract for an NBA team. It also states he CANNOT opt out to a Euro team unless he is not getting paid. Olympiacos already tried to get him from Dynamo and could not. It was even decide in court. Because he had already receive his whole income for the year months ago.

Anything else he say or his agent is fucking bull shit. That is why Olympiacos had to settle for Pargo instead because Dynamo decided to only give him one payment. Pargo got $2.8 millions in one payment from Dynamo and then they sent him to Olympiacos where he got $1 millions from them.

Nachbar was not possible because he had already get ALL his yearly wage by December. I mean WTF is this nonsense when this was even in a court of law decided?

Spursfan092120
05-18-2009, 08:20 PM
No. He is full of shit and you know it.

LMAO...your source is better than Boki himself... God...it's so hard to ignore you when you are SO STUPID!! lol

Kill_Bill_Pana
05-18-2009, 08:25 PM
LMAO...your source is better than Boki himself... God...it's so hard to ignore you when you are SO STUPID!! lol

I like Boki but he is absolutely lying and making this shut up. He and his agent tried to go to Olympiacos and Olympiacos tried to get him. It went right to court arbitrator and was denied. Because contract only allowed opt out to NBA team. Ability to go to Euro clubs was ONLY in buyout or in case Dynamo did not pay. He had got ALL his yearly money already.

Olympiacos then could only get him with buyout and Dynamo did not want to sell him they wanted to keep him for the year. So instead Pargo was sold to Olympiacos. He had same contract could only opt out to NBA teams and could only be sold or go to Euro team if he was not paid.

He had got $2.8 million of $3.8 million contract so he was given to Olympiacos. They gave him the other $1 million and they gave a big buyout I think like $3 million to Dynamo.

And as already PROVED and linked in this board by me the new FIBA rules prevent what Nachbar just lied about. If this is true the team is BANNED until payments is made plus court fees and fines to FIBA. If this was true then Dynamo would already have been banned by FIBA.

Boki = good player and a fucking liar

Spursfan092120
05-18-2009, 08:34 PM
Ignore these Slovenian morons.
Weren't you the one who started the thread about people being racist? Can't remember....