PDA

View Full Version : Rumored Josh Smith to Detroit Pistons trade hits the airwaves

ducks
07-21-2008, 12:30 PM
http://blog.mlive.com/fullcourtpress/2008/07/rumored_josh_smith_to_detroit.html

Solid D
07-21-2008, 12:36 PM
Dadgum, that trumps the Spurs' Matt Bonner and cash offer.

wisnub
07-21-2008, 02:37 PM
its okay...i like it if its real. DO IT. That means Celtics will get more challenge and either of them will be tired when they face Werstern champs. Normally whoever get out of the West, they need some kind of breather before batting in Finals. In the East that is not the case (It is believed that West is much more competitive than East)

honestfool84
07-21-2008, 02:38 PM
(It is believed that West is much more competitive than East)

not only is it believed, but it's also known

Bartleby
07-21-2008, 02:39 PM
The Smith deal doesn't seem very plausible, but Biedrins to Detriot does.

urunobili
07-21-2008, 02:40 PM
can't all these non Spur related threads be opened in the NBA forum? :depressed

remingtonbo2001
07-21-2008, 02:42 PM

Yes, however since it's being posted by a Spurs fan, it is automatically Spurs related.

urunobili
07-21-2008, 02:44 PM
Yes, however since it's being posted by a Spurs fan, it is automatically Spurs related.

since when ducks is a spurs fan? i thought he was a TP only fan... :stirpot:

Kori Ellis
07-21-2008, 02:47 PM

In the offseason, free agent news is initially put in the Spurs forum. After it's run its course, I move it to the NBA forum.

If you don't like a thread, I suggest not posting in it, then it will quickly fall off the front page.

remingtonbo2001
07-21-2008, 02:48 PM
since when ducks is a spurs fan? i thought he was a TP only fan... :stirpot:

Maybe we should add a TP section to the forum.

Really, if the Kings can have a forum, why not Tony Parker.

Cue Fillmoe :stirpot:

ducks
07-21-2008, 03:31 PM
Maybe we should add a TP section to the forum.

Really, if the Kings can have a forum, why not Tony Parker.

Cue Fillmoe :stirpot:

church of manu would be :depressed:depressed:depressed

JamStone
07-21-2008, 03:41 PM
its okay...i like it if its real. DO IT. That means Celtics will get more challenge and either of them will be tired when they face Werstern champs. Normally whoever get out of the West, they need some kind of breather before batting in Finals. In the East that is not the case (It is believed that West is much more competitive than East)

Celtics had two 7 game series and a fairly tough 6 game Eastern Conference Finals series. They played several more playoff games than the Lakers did. Lakers swept their first round and beat the Spurs in 5 in the WCF. They finished before the ECF finished.

What you suggest actually isn't supported by what happened this past season.

tp2021
07-21-2008, 04:59 PM
Celtics had two 7 game series and a fairly tough 6 game Eastern Conference Finals series. They played several more playoff games than the Lakers did. Lakers swept their first round and beat the Spurs in 5 in the WCF. They finished before the ECF finished.

What you suggest actually isn't supported by what happened this past season.

thats because ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!! :cry

Pistonfan1
07-21-2008, 07:22 PM
This deal wont happen.

1.)Hawks can get better for Josh than an average overpaid inconsistent role player in Prince and a project in Amir.

2.)Hawks arent going to deal him to a team who has made the ECF 6 years in a row. They wont help the Pistons out while fucking themselves over at the same time.

3.) If Childress leaves, the Hawks will be more determined in locking Smith up long term.

All in all, anyone who thinks this deal could happen is lying to themselves. At best we might land someone like Tmac or Beindris via trade.

E20
07-21-2008, 08:44 PM
church of manu would be :depressed:depressed:depressed

Not really...........the Spurs forum is Manu's forum.