PDA

View Full Version : High Time to sign Francisco Elson!

ceperez
07-21-2008, 12:37 PM
With all that Russian Oil money sloshing around and gobbling up NBA Free Agents, it's time to be realistic and tie our fortunes with what we have and the rookies we've drafted!

However, I think we got lots of problems in the front court. We've got to stop the quick PF out there like West, Odom and Dirk. So maybe we should consider resigning Elson. He's the only cheap center left out there in the marketplace.

Our depth chart would then look like this:

C Oberto Elson Mahinmi
PF Duncan Thomas(FA) Bonner
SF Bowen Udoka Gist (R)
SG Mason Ginobili Finley (FA)
PG Parker Hill (R) Vaughn

Mahinmi, Gist and Vaughn likely to be on the reserve list.

I would have prefered to get back Horry, but appears he's not coming back.

benefactor
07-21-2008, 12:41 PM
...and desperation sets in.

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-21-2008, 12:42 PM
If we wanted Elson on our roster this year, we wouldn't have traded him.

Good job though, another day, another stupid thread by you.

GSH
07-21-2008, 12:45 PM
Or.... maybe we could get two 4-foot guys and duct tape them together. Sorry. When I read the title, I thought this was going to be a humor thread.

ceperez
07-21-2008, 12:46 PM
[QUOTE=Aggie Hoopsfan;2677455]If we wanted Elson on our roster this year, we wouldn't have traded him.[QUOTE]

Eh? By your own logic, we souldn't have traded Barry (in the same package) too!

We traded for Thomas, but doesn't mean that Elson wouldn't be helpful as a backup.

Based on what I saw with Mahinmi, I would rather Elson play than him!

rj215
07-21-2008, 12:47 PM
recycle bin material.

DANILO DRASKOVIC
07-21-2008, 12:47 PM
It would be cooler if Elson was on the cover of High Times

spurman20
07-21-2008, 12:50 PM
Not a bad play for the vets min if we could unload bonner to give us an extra roster spot.
I think S.A is gonna sign guys from summer teams and be done with it. May look to make a trade.

I know NJ is interested in KT so maybe a sign and trade for Boone and Williams or Williams and Williams. Then we could dump the garbage truck Vaughn.

Elson can stay will some of the quicker guy in the west so not an awfullllll idea.

Kori Ellis
07-21-2008, 12:55 PM
Elson can stay will some of the quicker guy in the west so not an awfullllll idea.

He can?

Why didn't he do that last time he was here?

Elson isn't a bad choice at the minimum if you want someone who can just run the floor. Defensive, he can't even stay with someone who is stationary. All he did on defense in S.A. was get in everyone's way - the same thing that he did in the set offense.

Solid D
07-21-2008, 12:57 PM
His help defense was that of the newborn giraffe variety.

hater
07-21-2008, 01:00 PM
So maybe we should consider resigning Elson.

I am going to assume the "high time" in your thread title means you where extremely high when writing it

ceperez
07-21-2008, 01:01 PM
Not a bad play for the vets min if we could unload bonner to give us an extra roster spot.
I think S.A is gonna sign guys from summer teams and be done with it. May look to make a trade.

I know NJ is interested in KT so maybe a sign and trade for Boone and Williams or Williams and Williams. Then we could dump the garbage truck Vaughn.

Don't comprehend why the Nets are so low on Sean Williams that they'll trade him for KT. On the other hand, they seem to be cleaning house and ditching their old starting five (i.e. Kidd, Jefferson, Nachbar, Krstc).

I'll definitely take Sean Williams or Boone for KT. IMO KT is all hype. I mean, if he were any good at his position, Seattle wouldn't have lost that many games.

spurman20
07-21-2008, 01:03 PM
He can?

Why didn't he do that last time he was here?

Elson isn't a bad choice at the minimum if you want someone who can just run the floor. Defensive, he can't even stay with someone who is stationary. All he did on defense in S.A. was get in everyone's way - the same thing that he did in the set offense.

He was a good defensive player just not a shot blocker, he got in pops doghouse for commiting fouls but he did a fine job of staying with quicker players. Gave Dirk and West fits.

He also blew to many easy baskets. KT who everyone wants to come back cant move his feet at all. Shaqs fat ass beat him down the floor.

We dont need alot out of a 10 or 11th man but a big who can move and run the floor would be nice. Again for the vet min, not sayn hes a great find

Kori Ellis
07-21-2008, 01:06 PM
He was a good defensive player just not a shot blocker, he got in pops doghouse for commiting fouls but he did a fine job of staying with quicker players. Gave Dirk and West fits.

I'm going to conclude you rarely watched Spurs games. He was a pretty horrible defensive player here. He had one game where he guarding Dirk for short stretches and Dirk didn't go nuts. If that's what you mean by giving him "fits" then I guess you are right.

spurman20
Don't comprehend why the Nets are so low on Sean Williams that they'll trade him for KT. On the other hand, they seem to be cleaning house and ditching their old starting five (i.e. Kidd, Jefferson, Nachbar, Krstc).

I'll definitely take Sean Williams or Boone for KT. IMO KT is all hype. I mean, if he were any good at his position, Seattle wouldn't have lost that many games.

They arnt low on him, they just believe Lopez is thier guy and they have so many bigs now he is the most logical out. He had his run ins with coaches about being lazy from time to time. He is known to love weed! So that doesnt help, and NJ is clearing room for LB in 2010 and want bigs who can play out on the wings at times to open up the lane for James.

They said they arnt giving him away but a future first round pick would do acording to Thorn.

Tully365

:lol

I'll assume you mean awkward and gawky, not lovable and cute.

spurman20
07-21-2008, 01:10 PM
I'm going to conclude you rarely watched Spurs games. He was a pretty horrible defensive player here. He had one game where he guarding Dirk for short stretches and Dirk didn't go nuts. If that's what you mean by giving him "fits" then I guess you are right.

Thats all I ment. He stops guys like west and dirk from being able to post up as easily and is quick enough and long enough to hinder them from getting clean looks.

The spurs were a better FG% D when he was on the floor.

I have season tickets so I go to every spurs game, they didnt want to trade him last year but had to include him to get KT.

Again, he is a 10th man and a matchup type guy for certain teams, not a starter to me.

Tully365
07-21-2008, 01:10 PM
Though I have to admit-- as a low cost option I wouldn't be opposed. He's probably as good as any other 1-1.5 mil/year big.

td4mvp21
07-21-2008, 01:11 PM
What the fuck? :wtf

ceperez
07-21-2008, 01:11 PM

You just don't get it do you? We don't have anyone to defend the quick forwards except for maybe Duncan.

I mean, even Diaw at 6'8" routinely posted up our guys.

This has been a big hole since the '06 series where we lost to Dallas.

We can't cross our fingers that a rookie like Gist is going to fill that hole.

Mr. Body
07-21-2008, 01:12 PM
If we wanted Elson on our roster this year, we wouldn't have traded him.

That was almost painfully idiotic.

Kori Ellis
I have season tickets so I go to every spurs game, they didnt want to trade him last year but had to include him to get KT.

I thought you said you were an agent in NYC?

Kori Ellis
You just don't get it do you? We don't have anyone to defend the quick forwards except for maybe Duncan.

I mean, even Diaw at 6'8" routinely posted up our guys.

This has been a big hole since the '06 series where we lost to Dallas.

We can't cross our fingers that a rookie like Gist is going to fill that hole.

You don't get it either. Elson can't guard anyone, quick or unquick.

I'm not crossing our fingers on Gist. I have repeatedly said the big men are in worst shape the wings.

timvp
07-21-2008, 01:13 PM
spurman20 and ceperez might be the lamest tag team of posters that has ever graced this here forum. Too bad stupidity isn't grounds for banning.

:td

spurman20
07-21-2008, 01:15 PM
I thought you said you were an agent in NYC?

Nope, never said that, I started in NY, Live in GOOD OL TEXAS!

jag

:lol the guy would roam around running into his own players

ceperez
You don't get it either. Elson can't guard anyone, quick or unquick.

I'm not crossing our fingers on Gist. I have repeatedly said the big men are in worst shape the wings.

We had two centers when we won it all in 2007, Oberto and Elson.

You telling me Oberto is definsively better than Elson against the likes of Dirk?!

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-21-2008, 01:16 PM
That was almost painfully idiotic.

Maybe so, but I've still got a ways to go to catch up to your Javtokas for the full MLE for multiple years rant from last summer.

So you think Elson would fill a good need for us this year, or are you just taking lame pot shots now that you're getting crushed in every thread by everyone.

Kori Ellis
Nope, never said that, I started in NY, Live in GOOD OL TEXAS!

And you aren't an agent. :lol

Aggie Hoopsfan

You telling me Oberto is definsively better than Elson against the likes of Dirk?!

We had Will Perdue once upon a time too, maybe we can bring him back in case we play Phoenix and Shaq?

Seriously, you don't get it.

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-21-2008, 01:17 PM

FTW!

Aggie Hoopsfan
Can we put this to vote?

I say move this to the Recycle Bin thread. All in favor say Recycle Bin.

spurman20

Than I guess I need to stop collecting checks then!

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-21-2008, 01:18 PM

:lmao Dusty Garza, is that you?

spurman20
07-21-2008, 01:18 PM
We had Will Perdue once upon a time too, maybe we can bring him back in case we play Phoenix and Shaq?

Seriously, you don't get it.

And his old ass did a solid job when we had him same as Elson.

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-21-2008, 01:19 PM
And his old ass did a solid job when we had him same as Elson.

Well I'm convinced. Can we rescind our offer to Mason and split the MLE between Perdue and Elson?

I'll even send you an agent commission check if it works out.

Kori Ellis
07-21-2008, 01:19 PM

Elson averaged 11 mpg in that playoff run, including being pulled from the starting lineup in favor of Oberto. He wasn't really a factor.

Oberto is too slow/short to do much against Dirk.

Kori Ellis
07-21-2008, 01:21 PM

Well if a player pays you to rep them, they need to get better advice. So far the only thing you have displayed on the forum is that you know nothing about the CBA, salary cap, or even what position players play. Are you still looking for the box scores that show AI as the starting PG and JR Smith as the starting SG in Denver?

jag
07-21-2008, 01:28 PM
dude said he was an agent hahaha

This is pathetic even for Spurstalk standards

spurman20
07-21-2008, 01:28 PM
Well if a player pays you to rep them, they need to get better advice. So far the only thing you have displayed on the forum is that you know nothing about the CBA, salary cap, or even what position players play. Are you still looking for the box scores that show AI as the starting PG and JR Smith as the starting SG in Denver?

Watch denver play this season. Ask your mom if you can stay up like a big boy and see who brings the ball up? Who runs the sets?

You get your facts from a pc of paper and box scores, play nba live and read about the cba on the web. That somehow in your world puts you on my level.

Iverson is a pg, drafted at one, plays as one.....just cause you shoot 25 times a game doesnt make you a 2.

Only a fool would have a 6ft if that SG. And I have stood beside AI in AAU games he might be 5-11.

jag
07-21-2008, 01:30 PM
Watch denver play this season. Ask your mom if you can stay up like a big boy and see who brings the ball up? Who runs the sets?

You get your facts from a pc of paper and box scores, play nba live and read about the cba on the web. That somehow in your world puts you on my level.

Iverson is a pg, drafted at one, plays as one.....just cause you shoot 25 times a game doesnt make you a 2.

Only a fool would have a 6ft if that SG. And I have stood beside AI in AAU games he might be 5-11.

:corn:

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-21-2008, 01:32 PM

Only a fool would have a 6ft if that SG.

Only a fool would see the user name "Kori", an avatar of a woman, and start calling the poster a 'boy'.

And I have stood beside AI in AAU games he might be 5-11.

In your playing days right? If only you hadn't blown out your knee, you coulda been a pro!

I hope the ban stick shows up soon, you're a waste of bandwidth.

Kori Ellis
07-21-2008, 01:32 PM

Umm ... you said JR Smith STARTED for the Nuggets.

Remember?

I'm not disputing anything about AI having the ball in his hands. But with Anthony Carter starting next to him, AI was the shooting guard.

And just for the record, I'd bet I've stood next to him more times than you have. LOL

spurman20
07-21-2008, 01:35 PM
Only a fool would see the user name "Kori", an avatar of a woman, and start calling the poster a 'boy'.

In your playing days right? If only you hadn't blown out your knee, you coulda been a pro!

I hope the ban stick shows up soon, you're a waste of bandwidth.

Im sorry your mother and father beat you. You are an angery little turd arent you? Bet you cant wait till school starts.

I call everybody boy......BOY!

timvp
07-21-2008, 01:36 PM

Only a fool would have a 6ft if that SG. And I have stood beside AI in AAU games he might be 5-11.spurman20, you are needed at this agent convention (http://spursreport.com/forums).

Send us a postcard :tu

Kori Ellis
07-21-2008, 01:37 PM
ceperez, sorry for the trashing of your thread.

Elson isn't a bad pickup for the minimum, if they just want someone to run for a few minutes a game. I think Elson will get a bigger role elsewhere.

hater
07-21-2008, 01:42 PM
Elson isn't a bad pickup for the minimum, if they just want someone to run for a few minutes a game.

couldn't we get a deer to do that for free? (-barkley)

td4mvp21
07-21-2008, 01:46 PM
Well I think we were overdue for a little bout of fucking stupidity. It seems to come in cycles on this forum...

ceperez
07-21-2008, 01:58 PM

Elson isn't a bad pickup for the minimum, if they just want someone to run for a few minutes a game. I think Elson will get a bigger role elsewhere.

That's just it. Don't think Elson can get a bigger role elsewhere (except for playing for the Netherlands). So the vet minimum likely would be all he can get.

Tully365
07-21-2008, 02:00 PM

Well I think we were overdue for a little bout of fucking stupidity. It seems to come in cycles on this forum...

Man, people sure get overheated about suggestions for signing 11th and 12th guys! It's a plausible option. Could someone suggest a better 3rd string center than Elson, rather than just trading insults? And please don't suggest trading Bonner for a really good player-- that's the most overused & abused line of thought in this entire forum...

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-21-2008, 02:10 PM
Im sorry your mother and father beat you. You are an angery little turd arent you? Bet you cant wait till school starts.

Mature. I guess you learned responses like that at agent school.

I'm not angry. Fools like you that post here are nothing but comic relief.

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-21-2008, 02:26 PM

http://blog.orly.ch/files/lolz-you-fail.jpg

pad300
07-21-2008, 02:30 PM
Man, people sure get overheated about suggestions for signing 11th and 12th guys! It's a plausible option. Could someone suggest a better 3rd string center than Elson, rather than just trading insults? And please don't suggest trading Bonner for a really good player-- that's the most overused & abused line of thought in this entire forum...

Elton Brown - 2 years in a row he's made the D-league allstar team. He's a little undersized (6'9"), but he's got a decent nose for rebounds, a willingness to bang, and decent athleticism. He's got some skills.

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Elton-Brown-5040/
http://www.ridiculousupside.com/2008/7/20/574442/breaking-the-ceiling-summe

I'd rather try him than Elson again.

MajorMike
07-21-2008, 02:31 PM
Our depth charge would then look like this:

Depth charge???

Are we on a sub?

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-21-2008, 02:33 PM
:lol

pad300
07-21-2008, 02:46 PM
Elton Brown - 2 years in a row he's made the D-league allstar team. He's a little undersized (6'9"), but he's got a decent nose for rebounds, a willingness to bang, and decent athleticism. He's got some skills.

I'd rather try him than Elson again.

Oh yeah, as a 2nd option, if we are looking for someone with some NBA experience and lots of athleticism, Chris "Birdman" Andersen has both and is an FA. He' s not anything that I would call skilled, but neither is Elson...

Dglue
07-21-2008, 02:53 PM
I think that it would be an okay pick up. He won't get that much time as an 10th or 11th man, so he couldn't do much harm. Though I rather have the Spurs pick someone, who still has some upside and who can develop as a nice back-up. Elton Brown seems indeed a good option.

BTW I find all that bashing really pathetic. It seems that no one is entitled to have his own opinion, without someone bashing it. If it's not your opinion, let it slide or give some arguments and not something in the line of "that's a stupid opinion"...

Texas_Ranger
07-21-2008, 03:02 PM
Elson Sucks!

bigdog
07-21-2008, 03:04 PM
That's just it. Don't think Elson can get a bigger role elsewhere (except for playing for the Netherlands). So the vet minimum likely would be all he can get.

Denver is looking at Elson as a possibility to replace Camby. I think it's likely he'll return to Denver and have a rather large role with that team.

I also heard that Miami was interested in him.

duncan228
07-21-2008, 03:06 PM

He said this to Kori? :lmao

ss1986v2
07-21-2008, 03:10 PM
actaully, that would put an average person well above your level...

Tully365
07-21-2008, 03:14 PM
I think that it would be an okay pick up. He won't get that much time as an 10th or 11th man, so he couldn't do much harm. Though I rather have the Spurs pick someone, who still has some upside and who can develop as a nice back-up. Elton Brown seems indeed a good option.

BTW I find all that bashing really pathetic. It seems that no one is entitled to have his own opinion, without someone bashing it. If it's not your opinion, let it slide or give some arguments and not something in the line of "that's a stupid opinion"...

I have to agree. So many threads turn into pages of nothing more than unnecessary exchanged insults. I want to read about the Spurs, not read you're an asshole/fuck you you are/good comeback asshole/fuck you dickface for pages on end.

mexicanjunior
07-21-2008, 03:18 PM
I have to agree. So many threads turn into pages of nothing more than unnecessary exchanged insults. I want to read about the Spurs, not read you're an asshole/fuck you you are/good comeback asshole/fuck you dickface for pages on end.

Agreed, it seems anytime someone posts something that is not in agreement with the opinions of the "regulars" of this forum, the bashing and insults begin to fly. Tis a shame...

fotan2
07-21-2008, 03:44 PM
there is no connection between the Russian Oil money and NBA Free Agents .

players' greed hasn't changed at all

nfg3
07-21-2008, 03:57 PM
If forced to then Elson is a possibility at the vet min but no more. As stated countless times the guy just doesn't play D and got in the way. And if you remember the home game against Dallas last year where they had the last shot for a 3 to win it Elson got completely lost and left Dirk wide open in the corner. Thankfully Dirk missed it but many after the game mentioned that when the game was over TD and BB both got in his grill about blowing the assignment. Not a good sign if both of them jump you at once.

Also there's a reason why he got pulled during the '07 playoff run in favor of Oberto.

mrspurs
07-21-2008, 04:20 PM

He also blew to many easy baskets. KT who everyone wants to come back cant move his feet at all. Shaqs fat ass beat him down the floor.

We dont need alot out of a 10 or 11th man but a big who can move and run the floor would be nice. Again for the vet min, not sayn hes a great find

agreed..... i see the same kurt only slower, elson wouldnt hurt if he didnt cost much, but once your in pops doghouse, i just dont know...

Obstructed_View
07-21-2008, 04:21 PM
I also heard that Miami was interested in him.

The only way I'd take Elson is if there was some way to use him to get Dorell Wright. Since that won't work, I'll pass. The Spurs could have Bonner go into the game and comically run around the perimeter chasing the ball like a six year old at a soccer game, and he's already taking up a roster spot.

Spurs Brazil
07-21-2008, 04:34 PM
Elson sucks.

he's too dumb to understand Spurs system

manufor3
07-21-2008, 05:55 PM

you watch no spurs games.

Man of Steel
07-21-2008, 06:27 PM
I don't think an agent would discuss basketball in this manner.

IMHO--if it was for a vet minimum and no one else is on the horizon, I guess I could live with Elson. In his first game with the Spurs he had a decent game against the Mavs. I think he had a decent game against Detroit, if memory serves me correctly. But otherwise--nothing to write home about.

SenorSpur
07-21-2008, 07:50 PM
I recently read that Elson is lobbying for a return to the Mile High City.

The talent dropoff at the PF/C position after Duncan is absolutely maddening.

anakha
07-21-2008, 08:07 PM
:lmao at the ownage and subsequent meltdown by our resident 'NBA Agent'.

Indazone
07-21-2008, 08:41 PM
Nestorvic or Elson??? Which would you rather have?

bigdog
07-21-2008, 08:45 PM
What in the world is an "agent" doing on SpursTalk anyways, mind you, talking useless shit? He's just making a fool of himself.

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-21-2008, 09:00 PM
spurman20 in action...

http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/153/421404~Agent-Cody-Banks-2-Destination-London-Posters.jpg

ChumpDumper
07-21-2008, 09:13 PM

I'd rather try him than Elson again.I wouldn't call Elton athletic at all. His conditioning has always been pretty poor; i think it's the main reason he hasn't been called up. I like him though, and he did average something close to a double-double in Vegas. I have been putting premium on athleticism for big men, but the scoring Brown might bring would be nice. I suspect the Nuggets will bring him into camp since they lost a couple of big men this summer.

Rod Benson got very little burn on the Toronto SL team, which I found surprising. Maybe we could sneak him into camp too. I like his relative speed and rebounding.

Ultimately, I'm hoping we can at least get an Elson type game out of Mahinmi if nothing else.

SPURSGOAT
07-21-2008, 09:14 PM
spurman20 in action...

http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/153/421404~Agent-Cody-Banks-2-Destination-London-Posters.jpg

:lmao

MarHill
07-21-2008, 09:50 PM
Nestorvic or Elson??? Which would you rather have?

Neither!

There is a reason why both of them are gone.

Since we are talking about retreads....what about Nazr Muhammad?

:lmao

Spurtacus
07-21-2008, 09:52 PM
This thread insults my intelligence.

The Franchise
07-21-2008, 10:58 PM
No.

Obstructed_View
07-21-2008, 11:24 PM
This thread insults my intelligence.

That basically says it all about this thread.

NuGGeTs-FaN
07-21-2008, 11:26 PM
back off!! It's HIGH time he comes back to Denver :smokin

He took you guys to a title in 2006-07, now its time for him to come back to my team :lol

pad300
07-21-2008, 11:47 PM
I wouldn't call Elton athletic at all. His conditioning has always been pretty poor; i think it's the main reason he hasn't been called up. I like him though, and he did average something close to a double-double in Vegas. I have been putting premium on athleticism for big men, but the scoring Brown might bring would be nice. I suspect the Nuggets will bring him into camp since they lost a couple of big men this summer.

Rod Benson got very little burn on the Toronto SL team, which I found surprising. Maybe we could sneak him into camp too. I like his relative speed and rebounding.

Ultimately, I'm hoping we can at least get an Elson type game out of Mahinmi if nothing else.

Benson got little burn because he gimped his knee -
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/Too-much-Rod-Benson-Vegas-Summer-League-part-o?urn=nba,94995

I can't speak to Elton's game conditioning, but he has certainly dropped weight from when he was in College - he played at 270 then. Ridiculous upside has him at a max of 255 now... Finding a better big man for cheap is going to be really difficult, unless Javtokas decides he wants to come to the NBA for the LLE...

Man of Steel
07-22-2008, 12:51 AM
Mr. Agent,

Can you explain the worst aspect in your opinion of the CBA?

What do your clients pay you to represent them?

Do you represent any Spurs?

What is the meaning of "Qua"?