PDA

View Full Version : lakers want Rasheed Wallace of Detroit or Ron Artest

ducks
07-21-2008, 12:39 PM
http://www.xtrasports1360.com/pages/sportswatch.html

…Rumors are flying the Lakers are trying to clear roster space to make a major trade, either to acquire Rasheed Wallace of Detroit or Ron Artest from Sacramento in a swap that would send Lamar Odom out of town.

…The LA Lakers have till midnite tonite to decide on matching a 4-year-17 million dollar deal to keep Ronnie Turiaf from going to Golden State.

…The Boston Celtics have approached the Lakers about a deal for young backup forward Trevor Ariza.

…Lakers guard Sasha Vujacic has fired his agent Bill Duffy, and hired Rob Pelinka, Kobe Bryant's rep. Sasha has had no free-agent offers.

…The Clippers have signed Golden State swingman Kalenna Azubuike, who averaged 8-points-4 rebounds a game last year.

…The Milwaukee Bucks have signed Dallas Mavs forward Malik Allen.

…The Boston Celtics, who lost James Posey, are talking to free agents Maurice Evans of Orlando, Matt Barnes of Golden State, and Ryan Gomes of Minnesota.

…The Phoenix Suns are bringing in Miami Heat guard Jason Williams for a physical; he averaged 13-a-game last year in the final month of the season after missing the year with knee issues. The Suns are also looking for ex-Clilppers lst round pick Sean Livingston, who has been out 2-years after a horrible knee injury

…Utah is taking star guard Deron Williams off the free-agent market, signing him to a 4-year extension.

Findog
07-21-2008, 12:41 PM
I would love to do a Josh Howard for Rasheed swap.

MavDynasty
07-21-2008, 12:56 PM

We would still need a 2

Findog
07-21-2008, 01:22 PM
We would still need a 2

Haven't you heard? We signed the dunk champ, Gerald Green. :lol

Besides, Josh is a 3, not a 2. You need a consistent outside shot to be a 2, and Josh doesn't have one. He shoots like he does, but he doesn't have one.

MavDynasty
07-21-2008, 01:26 PM
Haven't you heard? We signed the dunk champ, Gerald Green. :lol

Besides, Josh is a 3, not a 2. You need a consistent outside shot to be a 2, and Josh doesn't have one. He shoots like he does, but he doesn't have one.

Oh the soon to be all star that is tearing up the summer league? :lol

Findog
07-21-2008, 01:30 PM
Oh the soon to be all star that is tearing up the summer league? :lol

I don't know why the Mavs signed Gerald Green. He has too much service time to get stashed in Europe or the D-League, and he needs to play to develop. If this thing goes off the rails from the start, maybe they can trade Kidd's expiring at the deadline and then start giving playing time to the kids in February. He's talented, but super, super raw. If this team is in contention for a playoff spot next year, and as far as they've fallen, they still should be, he won't get any burn.

1Parker1
07-21-2008, 01:33 PM
:lol Lakers trying to go after every tough bad mofo in the league....

The Franchise
07-21-2008, 01:36 PM
I don't know why the Mavs signed Gerald Green. He has too much service time to get stashed in Europe or the D-League, and he needs to play to develop. If this thing goes off the rails from the start, maybe they can trade Kidd's expiring at the deadline and then start giving playing time to the kids in February. He's talented, but super, super raw. If this team is in contention for a playoff spot next year, and as far as they've fallen, they still should be, he won't get any burn.

It isn't so much raw as dumb. He has all the tools to be a good NBA player, but what good is a hammer if your using it like a fork? Carlisle is a good teacher, so I hope he can help this kid get his head on straight. I forgot to mention he is a little cocky as well. First lesson should be attitude adjustment.

Lp26
07-21-2008, 01:37 PM
Well, the Lakers can't have him at least not for Lamar Odom . . .

IronMexican
07-21-2008, 01:38 PM
not rasheed! plllleeeeeease no they have to give us prince if it's true.

Kriz-Maxima
07-21-2008, 01:51 PM
Don't do it Joe!

TheNextGen
07-21-2008, 01:53 PM
:lol Lakers trying to go after every tough bad mofo in the league....

and thats bad because??

1Parker1
07-21-2008, 01:59 PM
^When did I say it was bad...??

Pistons < Spurs
07-21-2008, 02:11 PM
I desperately want to get rid of Sheed ... but not for Odom. I'll pass.

Kindergarten Cop
07-21-2008, 02:11 PM

The Mavs would have to throw in a little more, but that would be a GREAT deal for Dallas - and it would clear a LOT of salary cap room for next season as well. I don't see Detroit doing it though. I think the reason that you hear Prince's name tossed around so much is because he's on the books for around $31M over the next three seasons. Sheed is in the final year of his deal, and they are under the Luxury Tax threshold so they don't really need to trade players for the sake of saving money for this upcoming season.

¿Question?
07-21-2008, 02:22 PM
How would Sheed fit with the Lakers, assuming Bynum comes back healthy? Would he start over Gasol/Bynum?

mytespurs
07-21-2008, 03:17 PM
Rumors are flying the Lakers are trying to clear roster space to make a major trade, either to acquire Rasheed Wallace of Detroit or Ron Artest from Sacramento in a swap that would send Lamar Odom out of town.

I still don't get why the Kings would want to trade one of their best albeit troubled players to their most hated rival the Lakers. Well, maybe it's not as heated since the Kings have been on the downside the past few years but why make them better at your own expense? Couldn't they get better deals elsewhere?

Harry Callahan
07-21-2008, 03:40 PM
Writers are always trying to figure out how to help the Lakers since they are the be all and end all of basketball (according to them).[YAWN]

JamStone
07-21-2008, 03:45 PM
Lakers can have Rasheed and McDyess for Andrew Bynum and Lamar Odom.

Let's make a deal...

jack sommerset
07-21-2008, 03:47 PM
Dumars would not make that trade. I see Dumars trying to move Billups and Prince. Point Guards run deep in the league, Prince makes the package much more pretty. But you will have to give up something to do it. I can't see Wallace being traded for lamar.

jack sommerset
07-21-2008, 03:48 PM

Let's make a deal...

Keep dreaming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JamStone
07-21-2008, 03:49 PM
Uhhhh I wasn't being serious, ya know.

jack sommerset
07-21-2008, 03:50 PM
I know

IronMexican
07-21-2008, 05:38 PM
if this was 3 seasons ago, in a heartbeat.

Lake_show
07-21-2008, 05:50 PM
Odom for Billups, lets talk.

jacobdrj
07-21-2008, 08:29 PM
Well, the Lakers can't have him at least not for Lamar Odom . . .

+1

Can't we just give the Lakers Billups? Take back some draft picks or something...

jacobdrj
07-21-2008, 08:31 PM

Let's make a deal...

And in the tradition of all young Piston Big-men, Bynum will get to sit for about 3 years on the bench while he develops, and then we trade him to a hapless team for draft picks...

As for Odom, why not have another Point SF...
Why not have a team of 7 Point non-guards? All on the floor. At the same time...

Ill Cosby
07-22-2008, 10:12 AM
I'd be mad if I had to root for the Lake Show cuz they got my boy Rasheed

MavDynasty
07-22-2008, 10:18 AM
I'd be mad if I had to root for the Lake Show cuz they got my boy Rasheed

Would u be mad if West and Paul went down with injury and the arena was back to the usual emptiness that it has been the last few years?

Ill Cosby
07-22-2008, 08:24 PM
Would u be mad if West and Paul went down with injury and the arena was back to the usual emptiness that it has been the last few years?

Why are the Mav's fans so :madrun ?

http://i34.tinypic.com/2ia4tn4.gif

:lmao

jack sommerset
07-22-2008, 08:58 PM
Why are the Mav's fans so :madrun ?

http://i34.tinypic.com/2ia4tn4.gif

:lmao

I love that clip. More players should show the class Dirk shows. Some nobody acts like a punk and he walks away.

I saw him on punk a few years ago when a kid kept asking for his autograph. Very cool.. Then you had Shaq on the same show chase some dude around the parking lot.

confined
07-22-2008, 09:27 PM
I love that clip. More players should show the class Dirk shows. Some nobody acts like a punk and he walks away.

I saw him on punk a few years ago when a kid kept asking for his autograph. Very cool.. Then you had Shaq on the same show chase some dude around the parking lot.

+ 1, david west is a wanna-be thug

angelbelow
07-22-2008, 10:23 PM
+1

Can't we just give the Lakers Billups? Take back some draft picks or something...

impossible. pistons dont have clipper like cap space.

angelbelow
07-22-2008, 10:25 PM

i agree, i hate that people call dirk soft for not fighting back. its the god damn playoffs he absolutely did the right thing.

Vinnie_Johnson
07-22-2008, 11:36 PM
It funny that Lakers fans think people want Odom:lmao

IronMexican
07-23-2008, 12:37 AM

it's obvious no one wants him, after that performance in the finals.

hopefully that contract will sell him.

Ill Cosby
07-23-2008, 09:14 AM

I don't how this makes him a thug, but Dirk is just soft period.

Dirk can dish it but can't take it

The Mavs were tryin to bully the Hornets all series off the strength of them havin' less experience and West was just one of the more vocal players showin' that the Hornets wasn't gonna be punked and we won the series

Dirk showed me How bad of a leader he is after this and after that whoppin they got from the Warriors the year before

MavDynasty
07-23-2008, 09:33 AM
I don't how this makes him a thug, but Dirk is just soft period.

Dirk can dish it but can't take it

The Mavs were tryin to bully the Hornets all series off the strength of them havin' less experience and West was just one of the more vocal players showin' that the Hornets wasn't gonna be punked and we won the series

Dirk showed me How bad of a leader he is after this and after that whoppin they got from the Warriors the year before

So leadership to u is fighting back to get his ass suspended for 2 games and start a brawl?

And it is pretty hard to lead ur team when you are getting constant double teams from the blindside and the only other player on the team that is playing is Josh Howard. It is also pretty hard when your coach fucks up your chemistry before game 1 by changing to a small lineup. That basicly tell Nellie that Avery is his bitch. Dirk also won the Mavs game 5 by himself with clutch 3s in the last minute.

Next yr when Paul and Kobe get in a fight, i want Pauls little bitch ass to get suspended for the series and then I can watch all you pussy fans complaing about it.

Mavs lost that series to shitty play by Howard and Stack coming of an injury. Before the injury, Stack was putting up amazing numbers as the Starting SG. I also remember i think it was game 2 or 4 that we had a nice lead and all the momentum going into the second quarter and Dumbass Avery puts BAREA of all people in as the pg. Put Lue in at least fucker, Barea doesnt know what he is doing and it also ruins his confidence when you bench him all season long and to bring him in suddenly in a crucial second quarter.

So yeah, Shut the fuck up.

confined
07-23-2008, 11:02 AM
So leadership to u is fighting back to get his ass suspended for 2 games and start a brawl?

And it is pretty hard to lead ur team when you are getting constant double teams from the blindside and the only other player on the team that is playing is Josh Howard. It is also pretty hard when your coach fucks up your chemistry before game 1 by changing to a small lineup. That basicly tell Nellie that Avery is his bitch. Dirk also won the Mavs game 5 by himself with clutch 3s in the last minute.

Next yr when Paul and Kobe get in a fight, i want Pauls little bitch ass to get suspended for the series and then I can watch all you pussy fans complaing about it.

Mavs lost that series to shitty play by Howard and Stack coming of an injury. Before the injury, Stack was putting up amazing numbers as the Starting SG. I also remember i think it was game 2 or 4 that we had a nice lead and all the momentum going into the second quarter and Dumbass Avery puts BAREA of all people in as the pg. Put Lue in at least fucker, Barea doesnt know what he is doing and it also ruins his confidence when you bench him all season long and to bring him in suddenly in a crucial second quarter.

exactly, no one can pin the loss against NO on Dirk, him and Bass were the only guys who looked like they gave a shit about winning

remingtonbo2001
07-23-2008, 11:16 AM

That Punk'd episode was pretty freakin halarious.

Can we get a youtube post?

spurs_fan_in_exile
07-23-2008, 11:25 AM
Going back on topic, I think Sheed in Laker land would be a ticking time bomb. He's cooled down lots in Detroit but the Pistons fans will tell you he's still got a head case streak in him. And that's been in an ideal situation with a strong veteran core in the locker room and a relatively low profile market like Detroit. How do you think he'll handle the bright lights and Kobe's ego? How long before he makes one the boneheaded plays that he makes every so often and suddenly the entire sports media comes down on him because he's a Laker now? Getting rid of Odom needs to be done, but I don't know if the Lakers wouldn't just be trading one problem for a whole set of new ones.

jacobdrj
07-23-2008, 12:18 PM
impossible. pistons dont have clipper like cap space.

I know, but I can still dream, can't I?

Ill Cosby
07-23-2008, 01:18 PM

Maybe I should have separated it, but I, at no time condemned Dirk for not fightin'

That shows how soft the Mavs are also

He tapped his jaw, it's not like he got slapped

Dirk got got so bad he couldn't play for the rest of that game, that makes him soft

And there's no excuse for Dirk being the only one playin decent. GET YOUR TEAM INVOLVED

Damn, you seem pretty mad at Chris Paul and the Hornets...

But I'll get back on the subject

I just don't like the Lakers

I only start liking Shaq after he left, but they ain't gettin Sheed

I know the Pistons look like they are ready to make major changes to the roster, I don't see Sheed gettin the boot. A strong presence such as his is an advantage in the Eastern Conference, which isn't lookin' too good next year big man wise.

confined
07-23-2008, 02:37 PM
Maybe I should have separated it, but I, at no time condemned Dirk for not fightin'

That shows how soft the Mavs are also

He tapped his jaw, it's not like he got slapped

Dirk got got so bad he couldn't play for the rest of that game, that makes him soft

And there's no excuse for Dirk being the only one playin decent. GET YOUR TEAM INVOLVED

Damn, you seem pretty mad at Chris Paul and the Hornets...

But I'll get back on the subject

I just don't like the Lakers

I only start liking Shaq after he left, but they ain't gettin Sheed

I know the Pistons look like they are ready to make major changes to the roster, I don't see Sheed gettin the boot. A strong presence such as his is an advantage in the Eastern Conference, which isn't lookin' too good next year big man wise.

What the FUCK are you talking about????

Dirk finished that game with like 34 and 10, west didn't change dirk's game at all, he couldn't stop him so he has to pull out his grade-school thug bullshit, west is a scub and always will be and he will never be on dirk's level EVER.

and it's not dirk's fault that NO had a better team, thats Donnie Nelson's fault, dirk did everything he could to win that series

and if you think the mavs are soft for not risking a suspension on their whole team then you truly ARE a dumbass

TJastal
07-23-2008, 03:10 PM

Dirk finished that game with like 34 and 10, west didn't change dirk's game at all, he couldn't stop him so he has to pull out his grade-school thug bullshit, west is a scub and always will be and he will never be on dirk's level EVER.

and it's not dirk's fault that NO had a better team, thats Donnie Nelson's fault, dirk did everything he could to win that series

and if you think the mavs are soft for not risking a suspension on their whole team then you truly ARE a dumbass

West is one of the biggest punk sissies in the league, I wish Horry would have back-picked him alot harder

Ill Cosby
07-23-2008, 03:30 PM

Like I said in the post you quoted, I never said they were soft for not fightin, whose the dumbass if I have to keep explaining a clear statement

and from what I recall the Mavs lost that game, so regardless of how many points he dropped...the team lost....the game and the series

Heath Ledger
07-23-2008, 03:35 PM
I'll buy that for a $1

stretch
07-23-2008, 03:43 PM

hes an ignorant moron that thinks just because his team won one playoff series that he can just talk all the shit he wants. no point in arguing with him. anyone that knows what they are talking about knows that Dirk is a hell of a player. i mean there are people out there that think Michael Jordan sucks, so that right there shows that some people just purposely choose to be ignorant, and there is nothing we can do about it except look at them and wonder how fucked up in the head are they?

Ill Cosby
07-23-2008, 03:47 PM
hes an ignorant moron that thinks just because his team won one playoff series that he can just talk all the shit he wants. no point in arguing with him. anyone that knows what they are talking about knows that Dirk is a hell of a player. i mean there are people out there that think Michael Jordan sucks, so that right there shows that some people just purposely choose to be ignorant, and there is nothing we can do about it except look at them and wonder how fucked up in the head are they?

I never said Dirk wasn't a good player, just not a good leader and soft for a big man in my opinion (that's has nothing to do with fightin')

IronMexican
07-23-2008, 04:42 PM
Kobe and Dirk seem to get the blame for everything, i feel bad for both of them.

turiaf for president
07-23-2008, 05:08 PM
i would take wallace for odom only if the pistons take luke walton in that deal. maybe a wallace and amir johnson or wallace and afflalo for odom and walton. i dont see the pistons trading stuckey or maxiell. wallace and odom have virtually identical contracts that end next year.

the lakers can start wallace and gasol and bring bynum along slowly off the bench. 3 headed monster rite there. ariza can start at the 3 with radmanovic backing him up or vice versa.

turiaf for president
07-23-2008, 05:10 PM

if there were takers for kwame's expiring contract, the phones will be off the hook for odoms expiring contract.