PDA

View Full Version : Nets looking to trade

coopdogg3
07-21-2008, 12:54 PM
I didn't see this posted anywhere, I know some on this board were looking at a big from the Nets. Anyways, maybe Bonner and cash would work, I doubt it, but there's a possibility at least.

Marcus Williams hasn't worked out yet, but maybe the Spurs would be willing to give him a training camp look, then buy him out, or dump him for a song.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/features/rumors?univLogin02=stateChanged

Nets Looking To Trade Williams
Marcus Williams | Nets
The Nets are close to finalizing a deal with the Orlando Magic for free agent Keyon Dooling.

The move likely will mean the end of Marcus Williams' days in New Jersey.

The Nets are said to be looking to package Williams and one of their other young players, such as forwards Josh Boone or Sean Williams, for a veteran. -- New York Daily News

Williams, who has heard his name in trade rumors for some time, said the situation is spurring him to fight even harder for his job.

"I think you have to play with a chip on your shoulder now to prove you deserve minutes on a team like we have," said Williams. -- New York Post

BacktoBasics
07-21-2008, 12:55 PM
Countdown till the guys here starting chimming in with the

"yeah NJ will just give him to us for free" load of bullshit.

urunobili
07-21-2008, 12:56 PM
I'd go all the way for Sean Williams

ceperez
07-21-2008, 01:05 PM
Don't think they'll take Bonner. Nets have too many forwards under contract.

Probably will take a guard or trade a center. Package Kurt Thomas and Jacque Vaughn perhaps?

urunobili
07-21-2008, 01:06 PM
Countdown till the guys here starting chimming in with the

"yeah NJ will just give him to us for free" load of bullshit.

Don't think they'll take Bonner. Nets have too many forwards under contract.

Probably will take a guard or trade a center. Package Kurt Thomas and Jacque Vaughn perhaps?

wisnub
07-21-2008, 01:16 PM
I go all the way for Williams...or Kristic

urunobili
07-21-2008, 01:18 PM
I go all the way for Williams...or Kristic

Marcus or Sean?

turiaf for president
07-21-2008, 01:49 PM
NO BODY WANTS BONNER. stop making bonner trades. the nets might take vaughn's expiring contract and a draft pick next year but i think they are looking to package marcus williams with a bad contract like a trenton hassell or even vince carter.

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-21-2008, 02:15 PM
Package Kurt Thomas?

http://ec1.images-amazon.com/images/P/1580085741.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Bartleby
07-21-2008, 02:21 PM
Marcus Williams has been unimpressive in the NBA, and he had character issues while at UConn. Only way I'd want him with the Spurs is if they got him without giving up much (which probably ain't gonna happen).

No way in hell I would want to see the Spurs give up a draft pick or a useful player like KT to get him.