PDA

View Full Version : The Official I Wasn't That Impressed With The Dark Knight Thread

TheSanityAnnex
07-21-2008, 02:01 PM
Just saw it last night. Didn't feel it even came close to living up to all the hype. Good movie for sure, but nothing to splooge your pants over like many have done here. Had I not been buttfucked daily by the overhyped marketing campaign and all the pointless "I found a dark knight trailer with four additional seconds" threads here maybe I would have felt different.

BacktoBasics
07-21-2008, 02:02 PM
:crickets:

E20
07-21-2008, 02:03 PM
You were overexposed to it and being a non comic book didn't really help either.

atxrocker
07-21-2008, 02:04 PM
agreed 100 motherfucking percent. i've already stated so in this forum and ours is not a very popular opinion with everyone eating up everything that gets fed to them. i thought it was a very good movie, but honestly i almost liked batman begins more than this one (ledger did make this movie) the hype was just too much and i left the theater feeling very much the same as you tsa.

MoSpur
07-21-2008, 02:06 PM
I liked the movie. I like Ledger's perfomance more though. The movie itself wasn't all that. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't what tons of people are making it out to be. I was satisfied overall and entertained. I am not dissing the film. Just think some had made too much of it.

E20
07-21-2008, 02:09 PM
I liked the movie. I like Ledger's perfomance more though. The movie itself wasn't all that. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't what tons of people are making it out to be. I was satisfied overall and entertained. I am not dissing the film. Just think some had made too much of it.

Those are the comic book nerds (me being one of them) and they have every right, because:

1) They're nerds
2) The movie depicted batman as close as it was going to get.

Critics/casual viewers seem to have gotten into the Ledger hype a little, but nobody up until then was gathered around the TDK hype (not ledger hype) except for some geeks. Other than it was widely ignored until ledger died.

TheSanityAnnex
07-21-2008, 03:06 PM
I know plenty of people who have been and still are hyping this movie, and they are not comic book nerds. I'm not sure if it was the actual marketing plan or a viral campaign that just got bigger than expected, but I think that is what set me up for the small let down.

mexicanjunior
07-21-2008, 03:10 PM
I thought the movie was good but not the overhyped "best movie in 3 years" movie that critics are making it out to be. I honestly liked Iron Man better...

Brutalis
07-21-2008, 03:11 PM
If dude didn't die this film wouldn't be jack.

peewee's lovechild
07-21-2008, 03:17 PM
If dude didn't die this film wouldn't be jack.

Ignorant post.

His performance is brilliant, regardless of his death.

TheSanityAnnex
07-21-2008, 03:19 PM
Ignorant post.

His performance is brilliant, regardless of his death.Agree about his performance, but this isn't the I wasn't impressed with Heath Ledger as the Joker thread.

Heath was amazing, the movie wasn't.

atxrocker
07-21-2008, 03:20 PM

QFT

lefty
07-21-2008, 03:23 PM
I thought Heath was great.

The movie? depends if you saw it in an Imax or not.

peewee's lovechild
07-21-2008, 03:25 PM
Agree about his performance, but this isn't the I wasn't impressed with Heath Ledger as the Joker thread.

I was responding to Brutalis saying that the movie would've been nothing if Ledger hadn't died.

I called him out for making such a stupid statement.

His performance was brilliant, regardless of his death.

And, I think you agree.

xtremesteven33
07-21-2008, 03:27 PM
i honestly think if it wasnt overhyped as promoted then i probably wouldve enjoyed the film more. im not a cominc book fan so i guess that takes alot of what this movie had to offer away. but strictly from a movie watcher perspective. i wouldnt put this at top 20 best movies ive ever seen. or even best supporting actor role from HL. sure he did a good job but no where near "Great". you could make arguements that Jack Nicholson pulled off a better Joker in his role. HL did a really good job but poor guy got way overhyped.

atxrocker
07-21-2008, 03:29 PM
you could make arguements that Jack Nicholson pulled off a better Joker in his role.

you could? that's a very far reach, and most people would agree.

peewee's lovechild
07-21-2008, 03:30 PM
iyou could make arguements that Jack Nicholson pulled off a better Joker in his role.

Another ignorant post.

mavs>spurs2
07-21-2008, 03:33 PM
Haven't even found the time to go see it yet.

Usually when something is this hyped up, you're bound to get let down.

CuckingFunt
07-21-2008, 03:34 PM
I loved the film, but think the "greatest of all time" talk is more than a little silly. It was, easily, the best movie I've seen this year. I don't know if that will still be the case in December, though.

The hype surrounding it is ridiculous. And unfortunate. I was intrigued by the early trailers and viral marketing, and would have been geeked out of my mind to see it no matter what because I'm a Batman fan, but the Dark Knight pizza commercials and LCD TV commercials and everything else commercials that I see every five minutes are tiresome.

lefty
07-21-2008, 03:46 PM
i honestly think if it wasnt overhyped as promoted then i probably wouldve enjoyed the film more. im not a cominc book fan so i guess that takes alot of what this movie had to offer away. but strictly from a movie watcher perspective. i wouldnt put this at top 20 best movies ive ever seen. or even best supporting actor role from HL. sure he did a good job but no where near "Great". you could make arguements that Jack Nicholson pulled off a better Joker in his role. HL did a really good job but poor guy got way overhyped.

You can't compare the 2.

Both did a great job, as you have to keep in mind that they were 2 different approaches, so 2 different interpretations

TheSanityAnnex
07-21-2008, 03:53 PM
There were too many times that the movie slowed down and had me nearly nodding off only to be snapped back by an action scene. And I'm still pissed that Bruce almost gave up being Batman for that ugly wench.

xtremesteven33
07-21-2008, 03:59 PM
You can't compare the 2.

Both did a great job, as you have to keep in mind that they were 2 different approaches, so 2 different interpretations

they were actually the same character with VERY little diffrences.

E20
07-21-2008, 04:01 PM
I've heard complaints that the movie was too long(the 4 movies in one line) and the plot was too confusing/unorganized. Also I have heard the Maggie Ghlyental(sp) is ugly complaint as well. I can't really comment on the 1st two complaints, because I haven't seen the movie yet. But Ghlyental(sp) being ugly is sort of a weak argument. Having superficial hot characters in a movie all the time sort of kill it. Having average looking people in a lead role isn't always bad and I actually hope it is more oftne used (Fillmoe said it best).

E20
07-21-2008, 04:02 PM
Jack's Joker was depcited as clean, cut, bright, and orgainzed. Which is one way the joker has been depicted.

Heath's joker was depicted as shoddy, dark, pyschotic/chaotic, which is another way the joker can be portrayed.

hater
07-21-2008, 04:05 PM
I thought it was settled that it's entertaining but nowhere near the Batman Begins level.

One thing that makes sense is ppl saying the Ledger had an easy role. Everytime you act as a one-dimensional character like the Joker, it's a lot easier. Ask Al Pacino when he played Scarface. ppl who say he will get the Oscar (my coworkers) are clueless

CuckingFunt
07-21-2008, 04:07 PM
I've heard complaints that the movie was too long(the 4 movies in one line) and the plot was too confusing/unorganized. Also I have heard the Maggie Ghlyental(sp) is ugly complaint as well. I can't really comment on the 1st two complaints, because I haven't seen the movie yet. But Ghlyental(sp) being ugly is sort of a weak argument. Having superficial hot characters in a movie all the time sort of kill it. Having average looking people in a lead role isn't always bad and I actually hope it is more oftne used (Fillmoe said it best).

The Gyllenhaal thing is confusing to me, I must say.

For one thing, everyone complained about Katie Holmes because she was too arbitrarily pretty and obviously cast for her looks rather than her acting skills. Now Gyllenhaal isn't pretty enough? Just can't win that one.

Also, I'll agree that Maggie Gyllenhaal is far from being Miss USA, but ugly? Seriously?

E20
07-21-2008, 04:11 PM
It's gotten to the point where I roll my eyes whenever the lead female position in a movie has to be a perfect 10 knockout it sort of throws away a sense of realism. Gyllenhaal isn't hot, but she isn't THAT bad on the eyes either.

spurs_fan_in_exile
07-21-2008, 04:20 PM
You had to get Maggie in there. Now you get to say things like:

-In the movies Heath Ledger blew one sibling up and just blew the other one.
-Which one did Ledger character give the bigger bang?
-And my personal favorite, Heath Ledger had sex with one in a movie and detonated the other one using a timebomb.

TheSanityAnnex
07-21-2008, 04:25 PM
I've heard complaints that the movie was too long(the 4 movies in one line) and the plot was too confusing/unorganized. Also I have heard the Maggie Ghlyental(sp) is ugly complaint as well. I can't really comment on the 1st two complaints, because I haven't seen the movie yet. Wait a second here...........you claim to be one of the nerds hyping it saying they portrayed Batman perfectly, yet you haven't even seen the movie? wtf? :lmao

TheSanityAnnex
07-21-2008, 04:26 PM

For one thing, everyone complained about Katie Holmes because she was too arbitrarily pretty and obviously cast for her looks rather than her acting skills. Now Gyllenhaal isn't pretty enough? Just can't win that one.

Also, I'll agree that Maggie Gyllenhaal is far from being Miss USA, but ugly? Seriously?

Seriously. I do not find her attractive at all. She looks like a human version of a Rugrats character. I've also never been fond of her acting capabilities.

E20
Wait a second here...........you claim to be one of the nerds hyping it saying they portrayed Batman perfectly, yet you haven't even seen the movie? wtf? :lmao

I'll wait for this movie to come out on DVD like I did with Batman Begins. CBF is a comic book fan and a bale nvt humper and he is waiting too. It makes the viewing more enjoyable for me. I already knwo what happens in the movie I read the plot line and summary and everything. Also I said they never portrayed him PERFECTLY, but as good as it is going to get in a real live adaption.

TheSanityAnnex

You never cease to make me laugh.

TheSanityAnnex
07-21-2008, 04:27 PM
I'll wait for this movie to come out on DVD like I did with Batman Begins. You should also then wait to make comments about said movie.

peewee's lovechild
07-21-2008, 04:30 PM

Are you retarded?

E20
You should also then wait to make comments about said movie.
I have. I've reserved comments on the length/plot and other major new aspects not introduced in Batman Begins, but I am making comments about batman in general from all movie series and comics and as well as comments about the movie from what I've seen on trailers and theaticral clips

CuckingFunt
Seriously. I do not find her attractive at all. She looks like a human version of a Rugrats character. I've also never been fond of her acting capabilities.

I guess I just see a difference between unattractive and ugly. Since I tend to reserve the word "ugly" for people who are either massively physically deformed or (and this is the more likely case) have an unavoidably flawed character/personality trait, it just strikes me as a bit strong for a young, fit girl with a slightly unconventional face.

E20
07-21-2008, 04:31 PM
I guess I just see a difference between unattractive and ugly. Since I tend to reserve the word "ugly" for people who are either massively physically deformed or (and this is the more likely case) have an unavoidably flawed character/personality trait, it just strikes me as a bit strong for a young, fit girl with a slightly unconventional face.

Her upper lip area fucks it all up. It is reminiscent of a rat. sort of.

peewee's lovechild
07-21-2008, 04:31 PM
You had to get Maggie in there. Now you get to say things like:

-Which one did Ledger character give the bigger bang?
-And my personal favorite, Heath Ledger had sex with one in a movie and detonated the other one using a timebomb.

:lmao:lmao

TheSanityAnnex
07-21-2008, 04:32 PM
True, but you aren't Bruce Wayne, he has a different standard of ugly. His ugly on a scale of 1-10 starts at 8.

peewee's lovechild
07-21-2008, 04:32 PM

You've never seen Secretary.

peewee's lovechild
07-21-2008, 04:34 PM
Her upper lip area fucks it all up. It is reminiscent of a rat. sort of.

If anything, it's her droopy cheeks that do her in.

But, she can actually act and she looks like an everday normal chick.

brettn
07-21-2008, 04:45 PM
*****SPOLIER/S******

I don't wanna say overrated, because it was very fun and entertaining, but definitely overhyped. I was scrolling IMDB today and noticed it's overtaken the Godfather as the #1 movie of all time with a 9.6/10 rating. That's silly. Honestly, probably the best movie I've seen so far this year, but I wouldn't be suprised if that changes. Ledger was great, everyone else was subpar. I found the ending to be rather dissapointing and the fact that Nolan has stated that the Joker won't be back in future films is an even bigger dissapointment. Not his fault at all, but still a very unfortunate and dissapointing situation.

8/10.

Spurminator
07-21-2008, 04:52 PM
Wall-e is still the best movie I've seen this year.

mrsmaalox
07-21-2008, 04:54 PM

She's an unconventional beauty. And so talented an actor that she can make you think she's hot, as in Secretary. Heck I even thought James Spader was hot in that!!

stretch
07-21-2008, 04:55 PM
agreed 100 motherfucking percent. i've already stated so in this forum and ours is not a very popular opinion with everyone eating up everything that gets fed to them. i thought it was a very good movie, but honestly i almost liked batman begins more than this one (ledger did make this movie) the hype was just too much and i left the theater feeling very much the same as you tsa.

stfu atxcocker

balli
07-21-2008, 06:19 PM
Talking about this movie as one of the greatest of all time is beyond ridiculous. Through and through this thing is an over-hyped, over-acted, too much crammed into too long of a 100% big time summer blockbuster. Ledger was great, but it takes more than big summertime action, the Joker and a incredibly dumbed down and thinly veiled allegory to 9/11 to make an all-time great movie.

The one thing I found compelling about the movie, as an angry cynic, was the Joker's rage. It was a good idea to use the Joker as basically a critique against the supposedly good nature of humanity and initially there were a lot of places they could have taken that. However, I think instead of fully exploring that idea the film kind of wrote the Joker off as a crazy terrorist who's agenda didn't deserve serious consideration. There were some great ideas at play here regarding some rather deep and existential conundrums; on both the Joker and Batman's parts with the concept extending also into Dent, civilians and hostages. But the whole thing lost it's mojo and complexity when it was so dumbed down to make a point about 9/11 that even stupid people could understand the reference. It became less about the complex decisions and identities the characters were dealing with and more about how to use those characters to describe post 9/11 America. And that sucks- I just wanted a case study on the lives of Joker and Batman, not this swill about humanity being good enough to overcome the depressed and disfunctional, post 9/11 country we all live in.

On another level I just found the movie boring. The few action scenes did nothing for me and the sheer length of it was audacious, espcially considering how bloated and over-stuffed it was with unnecessary and incongruently paced story lines. During the movie, whenever the J man wasn't on screen, I was constantly asking myself, "when is this going to end?"

So in sum, I think the potential was there and I think the execution was horrible. All in all, I was fairly disappointed at how simple, formulaic, poorly paced and thinly stretched it was. 2 stars out of 4.

Wall-e is still the best movie I've seen this year.

BY FAR.

E20
07-21-2008, 06:37 PM
I think you overanalyzed a comic book movie.....................................just a tad

balli
07-21-2008, 06:52 PM
I think you overanalyzed a comic book movie.....................................just a tad

Hey man, a lot of people and the movie itself are acting like this is some sort of deep, sacred and all-time great movie. The purpose of my analysis is to show, in fact, that it is none of those things. I know it's just a comic book movie, but as long as people make it to be something more than that, I'll happily over-analyse just to show that it can't stand up to the level of critcism that actual great movies routinely have to deal with.

E20
07-21-2008, 06:55 PM
Hey man, a lot of people and the movie itself are acting like this is some sort of deep, sacred and all-time great movie. The purpose of my analysis is to show, in fact, that it is none of those things. I know it's just a comic book movie, but as long as people make it to be something more than that, I'll happily over-analyse just to show that it can't stand up to the level of critcism that actual great movies routinely have to deal with.
All-time great comic book movie? Yes.
Best comic movie adaption? IMO Yes
One of the best movies ever? It can probably crack a top 150 or 200 list.

Only one person has taken it for something it isn't and that is peewee. But according to a vast majority of viewers and critics it has lived up to it's hype for what it's main goal was. For some people too much hype will sway their opnions in a negative way, something along the lines of non-conformity.

MaNuMaNiAc
07-21-2008, 06:58 PM
All-time great comic book movie? Yes.
Best comic movie adaption? IMO Yes
One of the best movies ever? It can probably crack a top 150 or 200 list.

Only one person has taken it for something it isn't and that is peewee. But according to a vast majority of viewers and critics it has lived up to it's hype for what it's main goal was. For some people too much hype will sway their opnions in a negative way, something along the lines of non-conformity.

I think that's fair.

Anti.Hero
07-21-2008, 07:58 PM
I wasn't impressed.

It was a good Super Hero Comic movie. Those are very rare. It's great to see good comic movies do well. Maybe everyone else will get the hint. In that sense I loved it.

Other than that, it was nothing special.

I think it could have done without Two-Face. Or not had the transformation at all or just at the end. These comic movies try to cram so many villians in each one it is overdone imo.

Fabbs
07-21-2008, 08:15 PM
Kill Hate Blow up. Kill more, hate more, blow up more. Kill yet even more, hate yet even more, blow up yet even more. The end.

Real creative.
Brilliant movie. :toast

Farkin piece of crap.

angelbelow
07-21-2008, 11:37 PM
its got genius in it, but too many side stores, the last 30 minutes felt rushed,. overall its still a great movie, one that im going to watch again but hes not close to living up to the hype its getting.

spursfan09
07-22-2008, 09:03 AM
Haven't even found the time to go see it yet.

Usually when something is this hyped up, you're bound to get let down.

oh like the mavericks do to thier fans.

2centsworth
07-22-2008, 10:36 AM
Holloywood has been so brutally bad lately that anything good will get overhyped.

monosylab1k
07-22-2008, 10:58 AM

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

stretch
07-22-2008, 11:27 AM

that doesnt make sense

T Park
07-22-2008, 11:48 AM
I'm wondering, what happened in the movie that was the 9/11 happening. To make it a thinly veiled attempt at social commentary about it.

monosylab1k
07-22-2008, 11:52 AM
I'm wondering, what happened in the movie that was the 9/11 happening. To make it a thinly veiled attempt at social commentary about it.

I was wondering that as well. I know that when Joker was in the hospital talking to Two-Face, he made some comments about "going with the plan no matter how horrible the plan is" which seemed to be commentary on the fighting in Iraq but I'm not sure about anything 9/11 related.

T Park
07-22-2008, 11:55 AM
Yeah, I felt some thinly veiled stabs at current America were made, but, I guess I'm not smart enough to see it all.

I just saw it as a fun story and tried not to look that much more into it.

Its a movie for christsakes. A distraction from real life. I try to have fun, I don't try to look for ways to tear things down.

miss paxton
07-22-2008, 12:53 PM
I thought the movie was ok, not great. Over long, and some of the action sequences were hard to follow. As for Heath Ledger, his performance was fine, but my husband said it reminded him of Michael Keaton's Beetlejuice and . . . yeah, I see that, with some of the mannerisms, although the makeup and hair played a big part in that as well. I actually thought "Iron Man" was a superior comic book movie, and given how much I generally hate anything with Gwyneth Paltrow ("The Talented Mr. Ripley" being an exception), that's quite a feat. I think TDK tried to grapple with what could have been some interesting themes about good and evil, but to me they just didn't do it in a way that hadn't been done. Like the Joker being conscience-less just made me start thinking about "The Usual Suspects" and Keyser Soze. In the middle of the movie, which isn't a good sign.

As for Gyllenhaal, I don't mind actresses who aren't conventionally pretty being cast as the superhero's girl, but her part was seriously underwritten. I couldn't quite understand what it was that was so compelling about her that not only Batman but the straight-arrow heroic Dent would be madly in love with her. I barely even remember "Batman Begins" and certainly Gyllenhaal is a big step up in quality from Kate Holmes, but this idea of her being the love of two very exceptional men--well, I need a little more explanation. We got a little glimpse of her being good at her job, but not much and what else was there? I guess if nothing else it's a commentary on ingrained movie conventions that I accept, if not necessarily like, the lead female character being every man's dream as long as she's very pretty even if she has no personality or skills to speak of, but if the girl isn't super-pretty I can't buy it without more.

Magic_Johnson
07-22-2008, 02:45 PM
TOP 5 MOVIE OF

THE YEAR :toast

spursfan09
07-22-2008, 03:52 PM
that doesnt make sense

like the Mavericks had ya'll believing you were about to win a championship, only to be let down. Besides it was a cheap shot from me. It's all in fun. chill

mFFL03
07-22-2008, 04:03 PM
godfather blows balls...

after being desensitized to casino, goodfellas, and sopranos, the godfather is the biggest snooze fest of them all.

now that shit is overhyped

dirk4mvp
07-22-2008, 05:13 PM
like the Mavericks had ya'll believing you were about to win a championship, only to be let down. Besides it was a cheap shot from me. It's all in fun. chill

you could have done a better job.

MaNuMaNiAc
07-22-2008, 05:20 PM
godfather blows balls...

after being desensitized to casino, goodfellas, and sopranos, the godfather is the biggest snooze fest of them all.

now that shit is overhyped

let me guess, you think The Dark Knight is a better movie than The Godfather...

dirk4mvp
07-22-2008, 05:21 PM

Is there any concrete way to prove The Godfather is better than TDK?

mardigan
07-22-2008, 05:23 PM

Marlon Brando

MaNuMaNiAc
07-22-2008, 05:31 PM

I get what you're saying, but I would say its pretty obvious that The Godfather is a better movie than say... Glitter. Do you disagree? Hopefully no. Then why not? because there is most definitely a standard of quality in cinema. You can't just hide under the umbrella of subjectivity and claim all movies are equal in quality because it all depends on who's watching.

at least that's my opinion.

spursfan09
07-22-2008, 05:35 PM
you could have done a better job.

didnt think yall would still be so sensitive, sorry

mFFL03
07-22-2008, 07:07 PM

yah, never going to waste my time again on that movie. after it was over, I turned to my g/f and said that's it? it wasn't a bad movie, but wasn't this supposed to be the greatest movie of all time?

Like I said I've been desensitized to better crime and mob movies since that movies release. The big argument is The Godfather was "the first of it's kind", and it also makes it the last on my list.

tdk is way more entertaining.

baseline bum
07-22-2008, 07:22 PM
The first half of the movie totally lived up to the hype, but it got really slow and boring after that. Ledger was incredible though. Not enough of him and too much of the other pussy.

CuckingFunt
07-22-2008, 07:48 PM
Marlon Brando

Faulty logic:

http://img61.imageshack.us/img61/2756/islandofdrmoreauver2mi9.jpg

leemajors
07-22-2008, 07:54 PM
Faulty logic:

don't forget what pacino has done to prove he is a badass since then.

Kermit
07-22-2008, 08:22 PM
I get what you're saying, but I would say its pretty obvious that The Godfather is a better movie than say... Glitter. Do you disagree? Hopefully no. Then why not? because there is most definitely a standard of quality in cinema. You can't just hide under the umbrella of subjectivity and claim all movies are equal in quality because it all depends on who's watching.

at least that's my opinion.

I agree with you about the standard of quality, but I think it's safe to say that both the Godfather and The Dark Knight would pass with flying colors when it comes to a critique of high standard. Therefore, it becomes a matter of what your tastes are. Although I don't know why you're using the Godfather as a evidence in your argument. I can't imagine one person admitting that they liked The Dark Knight, a movie that's flawed in many ways, better than a classic that is perfect in almost every facet.

mardigan
07-22-2008, 08:39 PM
Faulty logic:

One film equals a career?

So I should put up shots of A Knights Tale and Newsies to show that TDK sucks?

Kermit
07-22-2008, 08:43 PM

Newsies is fucking awesome.

lqPuGMgT6yw

CuckingFunt
07-22-2008, 08:53 PM

I wasn't suggesting anything about The Godfather, which I think is an amazing film. I was merely pointing out that having Marlon Brando in the cast does not guarantee quality.

Cant_Be_Faded
07-22-2008, 11:44 PM
Glad to see there is some sense and sensibility left in this fucking third world consumer nation we call the u.s.a.

BTW, maggie IS ugly. Very. And I've always thought Katie Holmes was ugly too.

But I agree it is also cool to see a non "perfect 10" chick as the "chick" role, but my main thing about that, and this goes for every movie of this century, is WHY does the "chick" have to even be in there? I feel insulted when movies have to include unnecessary love interests in movies, because it shows that they think we are retards. Katie Holmes almost ruined Batman Begins, IMO.

SequSpur
07-23-2008, 12:01 AM
movie was good, you guys are gay.

Ronaldo McDonald
07-23-2008, 12:52 AM
Great movie, but overrated. Even Heath Ledgers performance. DDL's performance in TWBB is better by a mile. Too bad no one else will get to appreciate it unless he kills himself (or gets killed).

Leetonidas
07-23-2008, 12:59 AM
Great movie, but overrated. Even Heath Ledgers performance. DDL's performance in TWBB is better by a mile. Too bad no one else will get to appreciate it unless he kills himself (or gets killed).

DDL? TWBB??

dirk4mvp
07-23-2008, 01:04 AM
DDL? TWBB??

Daniel Day Lewis....There will be blood

Leetonidas
07-23-2008, 01:05 AM
Daniel Day Lewis....There will be blood

Thx.

CuckingFunt
07-23-2008, 02:03 AM

No one will appreciate it?

But... will he at least appreciate the Oscar he won for it?

peewee's lovechild
07-23-2008, 08:49 AM
I was wondering that as well. I know that when Joker was in the hospital talking to Two-Face, he made some comments about "going with the plan no matter how horrible the plan is" which seemed to be commentary on the fighting in Iraq but I'm not sure about anything 9/11 related.

Osama bin Laden made the gamble that if terror was brought into the U.S. that people would give into fear, and that if it affected the U.S. economy that people would lose hope.

The Joker did pretty much the same thing, in a way. He used fear and terror to make people lose hope. When Gotham City finally found it's champion and it's hope in Harvey Dent, The Joker managed to take that away from them as well. He even managed to bring this "white knight" into the "dark side", so to speak, and kill all hope that Gotham City may have had.

Joker set up the boat thing as an example that people with no hope would lose their morals in an instant and become no better than he.

Thing didn't turn out the way he wanted for him.

peewee's lovechild
07-23-2008, 08:54 AM
No one will appreciate it?

But... will he at least appreciate the Oscar he won for it?

No shit.

The fucker has two Oscars and has been nominated for two others and this retard makes a statement like that.

Damn.

monosylab1k
07-23-2008, 09:07 AM
Osama bin Laden made the gamble that if terror was brought into the U.S. that people would give into fear, and that if it affected the U.S. economy that people would lose hope.

The Joker did pretty much the same thing, in a way. He used fear and terror to make people lose hope. When Gotham City finally found it's champion and it's hope in Harvey Dent, The Joker managed to take that away from them as well. He even managed to bring this "white knight" into the "dark side", so to speak, and kill all hope that Gotham City may have had.

Joker set up the boat thing as an example that people with no hope would lose their morals in an instant and become no better than he.

Thing didn't turn out the way he wanted for him.

seems like quite a stretch but okay.

peewee's lovechild
07-23-2008, 09:17 AM
seems like quite a stretch but okay.

It's not direct, but it's a plausible connection.

I'm not saying I'm right either.

I'd like to know what others think about it.

peewee's lovechild
07-23-2008, 09:18 AM
I think I read an article somewhere that Bin Laden's plan all along wast to affect the U.S. economy so bad that it would create chaos.

And, creating chaos was The Jokers M.O.

dirk4mvp
07-23-2008, 10:44 AM
The Joker = Bin Laden?

rofl

Mister Sinister
07-23-2008, 10:52 AM
I think I read an article somewhere that Bin Laden's plan all along wast to affect the U.S. economy so bad that it would create chaos.

And, creating chaos was The Jokers M.O.
True, but hasn't chaos *always* been Mr. J's MO? Like I said, read Arkham Asylum: A Serious House On Serious Earth. It goes a little more into the whole chaos/order thing, as well as Joker's "insanity".

Ronaldo McDonald
07-23-2008, 12:07 PM
Fucking Christ.

I'm not even going to begin to explain myself. I made what I stated in my original post extremely simple to understand, and you two fucking morons (CF and Peepee) missed the whole fucking point of my post.

CuckingFunt
07-23-2008, 12:59 PM
Fucking Christ.

I'm not even going to begin to explain myself. I made what I stated in my original post extremely simple to understand, and you two fucking morons (CF and Peepee) missed the whole fucking point of my post.

Your post suggested that no one would appreciate the greatness of Daniel Day Lewis' performance in There Will Be Blood unless he died. My post pointed out that, in addition to tons of critical and audience acclaim, he won an Oscar (as well as BAFTA, Golden Globe, SAG, and several critics association awards) for that performance. He even was alive to collect them all. Therefore, people did appreciate, and reward, the greatness of that performance without his death.

So, please, if there was some other, greater point to you comments, kindly let me know, because it clearly wasn't made as simple to understand as you'd intended.

leemajors
07-23-2008, 01:12 PM
It's not direct, but it's a plausible connection.

I'm not saying I'm right either.

I'd like to know what others think about it.
you're reaching and reading way too much into it.

Ronaldo McDonald
07-23-2008, 03:57 PM
Your post suggested that no one would appreciate the greatness of Daniel Day Lewis' performance in There Will Be Blood unless he died. My post pointed out that, in addition to tons of critical and audience acclaim, he won an Oscar (as well as BAFTA, Golden Globe, SAG, and several critics association awards) for that performance. He even was alive to collect them all. Therefore, people did appreciate, and reward, the greatness of that performance without his death.

So, please, if there was some other, greater point to you comments, kindly let me know, because it clearly wasn't made as simple to understand as you'd intended.

Apparently exaggeration isn't a word in your dictionary, which is wierd considering "confound" is.

"No one" in that post was an exaggeration. "No one", in relation to the amount of people that has seen Batman, has seen TWBB, and thus "no one" will really appreciate it.

Another, probably better example of this: Philip Seymour Hoffman was better than Heath in this movie (way better), but even more so than TWBB, people ignored the movie.

EDIT: was referring to Copote

peewee's lovechild
07-23-2008, 04:00 PM
Apparently exaggeration isn't a word in your dictionary, which is wierd considering "confound" is.

"No one" in that post was an exaggeration. "No one", in relation to the amount of people that has seen Batman, has seen TWBB, and thus "no one" will really appreciate it.

Another, probably better example of this: Philip Seymour Hoffman was better than Heath in this movie (way better), but even more so than TWBB, people ignored the movie.

??????

Ronaldo McDonald
07-23-2008, 04:04 PM
??????

Was referring to copote

CuckingFunt
07-23-2008, 04:11 PM

I just don't see how you can hope to support an argument that Lewis' performance was unappreciated (or, perhaps, under-appreciated) when he received pretty much every major acting award there is, received vast amounts of critical praise, and even had several threads here dedicated to his performance in that film.

It, frankly, confounds me.

Sure, there are people here whose response would lead one to believe they think that Ledger's performance as the Joker is better than Lewis' in There Will Be Blood. I'm not sure I agree with that, as I thought they were both pretty damned amazing. But, no matter how over-the-top the comments in these threads may have been for the last few days, it doesn't change the fact that for the entire last couple months of 2007 and first couple months of 2008, these forums, film critics, award ceremonies, and the general movie going public were firmly latched on to Daniel Day Lewis' nutsack. That performance was easily one of the most universally praised and appreciated film performances that I can think of in the last several years.

Philip Seymour Hoffman was better in what?

peewee's lovechild
07-23-2008, 04:12 PM
Was referring to copote

You're arguments make no sense.

Capote and There Will Be Blood were some of the most acclaimed and critically praised films.

But, whatever.

peewee's lovechild
07-23-2008, 04:13 PM
Sure, there are people here whose response would lead one to believe they think that Ledger's performance as the Joker is better than Lewis' in There Will Be Blood. I'm not sure I agree with that, as I thought they were both pretty damned amazing.

I made the case that Ledger's performance was the best since Lewis' performance, if not just as good.

I stand by that statement.

midgetonadonkey
07-23-2008, 04:16 PM
You're arguments make no sense.

Capote and There Will Be Blood were some of the most acclaimed and critically praised films.

But, whatever.

Maybe he was meant mainstream and financial success, not necessarily awards and crital acclaim.

dickface
07-23-2008, 04:18 PM

EDIT: was referring to Copote

this may be the most nonsensical post in SpursTalk history.

Ronaldo McDonald
07-23-2008, 04:24 PM
I just don't see how you can hope to support an argument that Lewis' performance was unappreciated (or, perhaps, under-appreciated) when he received pretty much every major acting award there is, received vast amounts of critical praise, and even had several threads here dedicated to his performance in that film.

I'm not using the awards he recieved as criteria to judge whether he was appreciated or not. Obviously, going by the amount of awards he recieved for it, he was greatly appreciated by the movie critics.

But I'm talking about the general public. I could give a shit about awards. In my OP I was referring to the GP, and in my second post I clarified that (since you didn't get who I was alluding to initially).

Your being confounded confounds me, frankly.

Ronaldo McDonald
07-23-2008, 04:26 PM
this may be the most nonsensical post in SpursTalk history.

I clarified anything that may have been hazy in my second post, which is the one that you are quoting. I dont know how to help you.

Ronaldo McDonald
07-23-2008, 04:27 PM
Maybe he was meant mainstream and financial success, not necessarily awards and crital acclaim.

thank you for understanding.

CuckingFunt
07-23-2008, 04:31 PM
I'm not using the awards he recieved as criteria to judge whether he was appreciated or not. Obviously, going by the amount of awards he recieved for it, he was greatly appreciated by the movie critics.

But I'm talking about the general public. I could give a shit about awards. In my OP I was referring to the GP, and in my second post I clarified that (since you didn't get who I was alluding to initially).

Your being confounded confounds me, frankly.

I mentioned general public in my post, as well. Am I the only one with a good enough memory to recall the threads/posts that were here six months ago? Daniel Day Lewis was the second coming of Jesus Christ.

dickface
07-23-2008, 04:32 PM
So you honestly think that the death of Heath Ledger is the only reason the mass public are more interested in his performance than that of PSH or DDL?

Did you ever think that maybe it's because the mass public is more interested in a movie about Batman than they are about a turn of the century oil tycoon or Truman Capote?

That might have something to do with it. Just a guess.

Ronaldo McDonald
07-23-2008, 04:35 PM
I mentioned general public in my post, as well. Am I the only one with a good enough memory to recall the threads/posts that were here six months ago? Daniel Day Lewis was the second coming of Jesus Christ.

You don't go out much do you?

Whether you agree with me or not (that TWBB achieved less mainstream success than Batman) depends heavily on the answer.

Here, TWBB = success.

Not in the real world.

Ronaldo McDonald
07-23-2008, 04:47 PM
So you honestly think that the death of Heath Ledger is the only reason the mass public are more interested in his performance than that of PSH or DDL?

Did you ever think that maybe it's because the mass public is more interested in a movie about Batman than they are about a turn of the century oil tycoon or Truman Capote?

That might have something to do with it. Just a guess.

Batman would not be as popular without that death of Ledger. Popular, yea. But, it's out of hand. It's good, but it isn't that good.

peewee's lovechild
07-23-2008, 04:54 PM

If that's what he meant, he should've said just that.

But, he didn't say that.

Ronaldo McDonald
07-23-2008, 04:56 PM
If that's what he meant, he should've said just that.

But, he didn't say that.

It's pretty much right there in my posts, which is probably why he understood what I meant.

CuckingFunt
07-23-2008, 04:57 PM
You don't go out much do you?

Whether you agree with me or not (that TWBB achieved less mainstream success than Batman) depends heavily on the answer.

Here, TWBB = success.

Not in the real world.

I agree that The Dark Knight has achieved more mainstream success than There Will Be Blood.

However, I do not agree that has anything to do with Ledger's death -- Batman = blockbuster, three hours about an oil tycoon in the early 20th century = decidedly not. Hell, even Batman & Robin had a big opening weekend.

Nor do I agree that mainstream success of the film can be directly translated to appreciation of a performance within that film. If everyone who saw it liked the performance, then it has achieved the highest level of appreciation it ever can or will.

peewee's lovechild
07-23-2008, 04:58 PM
Batman would not be as popular without that death of Ledger. Popular, yea. But, it's out of hand. It's good, but it isn't that good.

Wrong, once again.

The expectations for this movie began waaaaaaaaaay before Ledger died.

If you didn't notice the countless threads that Red Hood and I made out of every rumor and clue given about the movie here on ST you must've been in a coma.

peewee's lovechild
07-23-2008, 04:59 PM
It's pretty much right there in my posts, which is probably why he understood what I meant.

"Pretty much" doesn't amount to much.

Did you mention financial/box office success?

Yes or no will do fine.

Ronaldo McDonald
07-23-2008, 05:02 PM
I agree that The Dark Knight has achieved more mainstream success than There Will Be Blood.

However, I do not agree that has anything to do with Ledger's death -- Batman = blockbuster, three hours about an oil tycoon in the early 20th century = decidedly no. Hell, even Batman & Robin had a big opening weekend.

Nor do I agree that mainstream success of the film can be directly translated to appreciation of a performance within that film. If everyone who saw it liked the performance, then it has achieved the highest level of appreciation it ever can or will.

If DDL died, more people would have seen TWBB IMO without question. And, if those people saw it they would have undoubtedly appreciated it.

leemajors
07-23-2008, 05:03 PM

General Public?

Ronaldo McDonald
07-23-2008, 05:06 PM
"Pretty much" doesn't amount to much.

Did you mention financial/box office success?

Yes or no will do fine.

It's there. Not in those words. But so what? It's implied.

peewee's lovechild
07-23-2008, 05:06 PM
If DDL died, more people would have seen TWBB IMO without question. And, if those people saw it they would have undoubtedly appreciated it.

Can you prove that?

There's been several movies where actors have died and it hasn't necessarily = financial success.

Adrienne Shelly, who directed "Waitress" last year was killed before the movie came out. It was all over the news and Hollywood mourned her death because she was a particularly gifted director.

The movie received great reviews, but it wasn't a financial success.
Not even close.

monosylab1k
07-23-2008, 05:07 PM

Not true because after Chris Farley died, nobody went to go see Almost Heroes. And his work in that film was groundbreaking.

midgetonadonkey
07-23-2008, 05:07 PM
Batman was kickass.

peewee's lovechild
07-23-2008, 05:08 PM
It's there. Not in those words. But so what? It's implied.

Now you're going with the "implied" argument?

Dude, that's just some weak shit.

It's not there.
It wasn't written there.

So, that argument holds not water whatsoever.

midgetonadonkey
07-23-2008, 05:09 PM
Canadian Bacon wasn't a financial success either.

peewee's lovechild
07-23-2008, 05:09 PM
John Candy died prior to the release of "Wagons East".

According to Ronaldo Retardo's logic, this movie should've been a critical and financial success!!

G-Nob
07-23-2008, 05:13 PM
TDK is a good movie, but its the flavor of the week. (or month)
More movies will come out and everyone will calm down come oscar time. Ledger may get a nod, but thats as far as it goes.

This film's bang to hype ratio with the media and this forum was blown completely out of proportion. Well acted, well written but not best comic book film of all time.

The reinvention of this new series was a complex look at how Batman came about and his "character arc". TDK does a good job of building that arc as well. We all know the Joker is Batman's nemesis. Otherwise batman would just dispose of him quite quickly. Thats why this movie is drawn out. Lessons have to be learned.

And Gyllenhaal was a good pick for this. She fits in well with this cast. AND she is hot. She was smokin hot in Donnie Darko.

Ronaldo McDonald
07-23-2008, 05:14 PM
Should I just post this in the unpopular opinion thread? This is my damn opinion and none of you can refute it.

dirk4mvp
07-23-2008, 05:17 PM
Well acted, well written but not best comic book film of all time.

What is?

E20
07-23-2008, 05:18 PM
but not best comic book film of all time.

What comic book movie did you think was better? Some people say Batman Begins > TDK, but from everybody else (critics/viewers) say it is the best CB movie of all time.

peewee's lovechild
07-23-2008, 05:19 PM
What comic book movie did you think was better? Some people say Batman Begins > TDK, but from everybody else (critics/viewers) say it is the best CB movie of all time.

TDK is the best comic book movie made.

I'd like to see someone make an arguement for another one.

Iron Man is close, but no cigar.
They are worlds apart.

midgetonadonkey
07-23-2008, 05:20 PM
I haven't seen a better comic book movie.

peewee's lovechild
07-23-2008, 05:21 PM
Wagons East.

Great movie because John Candy died before it was released.

G-Nob
07-23-2008, 05:22 PM

The critics are falling over themselves on this movie and its really sad.
List of what I thought was better...

Superman 2
Spider Man 2
Batman Begins
X-Men2

peewee's lovechild
07-23-2008, 05:25 PM

Superman 2
Spider Man 2
Batman Begins
X-Men2

It's your opinion, and that's fine.

But, with the exception of Batman Begins, all those other movies aren't grounded in realism the way TDK is.

That's the biggest difference, and that's why it has Oscar potential.

G-Nob
07-23-2008, 05:27 PM
It's your opinion, and that's fine.

But, with the exception of Batman Begins, all those other movies aren't grounded in realism the way TDK is.

That's the biggest difference, and that's why it has Oscar potential.

You can say the same for Batman Begins.
Heath Ledger drives the oscar talk. Deservedly so.
Not the movie overall.

Ronaldo McDonald
07-23-2008, 05:36 PM
It would have been awesome if the Joker had a scene in a courtroom. They would have had to have added another dimension to the story possibly, but just in general I was hoping for more Joker scenes. He carried the movie. I thought the way they handled two face's story takes away from the movie.

Ronaldo McDonald
07-23-2008, 05:39 PM
The way Two face burned his face was pretty boring. I would have like to have seent he joker have direct involvement in that.

E20
07-23-2008, 05:52 PM

Superman 2
Spider Man 2
Batman Begins
X-Men2
Your opnion..........but

Superman 2 is a whole different type of comic book movie set in the 80's completely different generations................and IMO it isn't all tht it's cracked up to be. I don't buy the whole hype that christopher reeves superman is top notch just because he injured himself.

The Spiderman and the rest of the marvel franchises that have been made into to real live adaptions all suck. All the marvel films have failed in my opnion in translating their comic book counterparts into a good comic book movie. X-Men, FF, Spiderman, Hulk all were bad IMO. Iron is like the lone exception and even then they changed a lot about it.

In the comics Joker didn't have direct involvement in the burning of two faces face. It was orginally sal maroni who threw sulfuric acid in Dent's face during a trial.

CuckingFunt
07-23-2008, 05:52 PM

It's possible that Daniel Day Lewis' death would have brought more viewers to There Will Be Blood.

But it's probable that There Will Be Blood with a dead Daniel Day Lewis would still have considerably fewer viewers than The Dark Knight with a live Heath Ledger. They're just really too different to compare. The hype machine for The Dark Knight started the minute the credits started rolling at the end of the first screening of Batman Begins. If not sooner. And the hype machine for the next installment has already started, despite the fact that no one associated with The Dark Knight has even signed on to make it. That never, ever would have been the case with a film like There Will Be Blood. It's not the way the business works.

HOWEVER, if the original intention of this entire argument was to point out that Hollywood/celebrity are glorified popularity contests, and that countless acclaim worthy performances go unnoticed every year because they're tucked away in films no one sees, I still think that Daniel Day Lewis' multi-award winning performance is a shitty example. Which was my point from the start.

peewee's lovechild
07-23-2008, 06:01 PM
It's possible that Daniel Day Lewis' death would have brought more viewers to There Will Be Blood.

But it's probable that There Will Be Blood with a dead Daniel Day Lewis would still have considerably fewer viewers than The Dark Knight with a live Heath Ledger. They're just really too different to compare. The hype machine for The Dark Knight started the minute the credits started rolling at the end of the first screening of Batman Begins. If not sooner. And the hype machine for the next installment has already started, despite the fact that no one associated with The Dark Knight has even signed on to make it. That never, ever would have been the case with a film like There Will Be Blood. It's not the way the business works.

HOWEVER, if the original intention of this entire argument was to point out that Hollywood/celebrity are glorified popularity contests, and that countless acclaim worthy performances go unnoticed every year because they're tucked away in films no one sees, I still think that Daniel Day Lewis' multi-award winning performance is a shitty example. Which was my point from the start.

That.

G-Nob
07-23-2008, 06:07 PM
[QUOTE=CuckingFunt;2682391] And the hype machine for the next installment has already started, despite the fact that no one associated with The Dark Knight has even signed on to make it. [QUOTE]

Christian Bale, Michael Caine and Gary Oldman are all three signed on for 3 movies total.

peewee's lovechild
07-23-2008, 06:14 PM
Christian Bale, Michael Caine and Gary Oldman are all three signed on for 3 movies total.

But, they're not committed to a third movie.

They might just walk away from it alltogether if they don't find a script they like.

Nolan and Bale have both said that they will walk away if the studio insists on bringing Robin into the series.

So, just because they originally signed a contract for 3 movies, it doesn't mean that they have to, or even want to, make a third movie.

Ronaldo McDonald
07-23-2008, 06:16 PM

this pretty much sums up what I was trying to do. thank you. I thought people would understand this immediately, but it got it got out of hand I just thought I'd have more fun by milking it and letting all the batman fans get butthurt over statements and "demand" answers like it's the end of the world.

:lmao

G-Nob
07-23-2008, 06:16 PM
But, they're not committed to a third movie.

They might just walk away from it alltogether if they don't find a script they like.

Nolan and Bale have both said that they will walk away if the studio insists on bringing Robin into the series.

So, just because they originally signed a contract for 3 movies, it doesn't mean that they have to, or even want to, make a third movie.

Of course not. Bale or Caine or Oldman could croak before it happens. I was correcting the previous poster.
If Nolan is involved, it won't suck.

Ronaldo McDonald
07-23-2008, 06:17 PM
I gave a better ex. when I said capote.

peewee's lovechild
07-23-2008, 06:24 PM
I gave a better ex. when I said capote.

Just as bad an example as the previous one.

Ronaldo McDonald
07-23-2008, 07:20 PM
Just as bad an example as the previous one.

I don't know too many people who saw the movie.

jayc23
07-23-2008, 07:40 PM
amazing film...

CuckingFunt
07-23-2008, 07:47 PM
I don't know too many people who saw the movie.

But he won an Oscar and was a critical darling, so the performance was still appreciated.

And it's still not the type of movie that ever, on any level, under any circumstances, would have grabbed the type of audience that Batman would. It wouldn't even grab the type of audience that Meet The Spartans would. In fact, the size of the audience for Capote (and There Will Be Blood) far exceeded predictions largely because of the buzz surrounding the lead performance.

Trust me, I get the point you're trying to make. And there are several areas in which I agree with that point. I just think the examples you're using to make it are poor choices. If you'd like to complain about good performances going unnoticed, cite Forest Whitaker in Ghost Dog: The Way of the Samurai, or Johnny Depp in Dead Man, or Guy Pearce in The Proposition, etc. There are plenty examples out there of performances that really were almost completely ignored.

mardigan
07-23-2008, 07:51 PM
TDK is the best comic book movie made.

I'd like to see someone make an arguement for another one.

Iron Man is close, but no cigar.
They are worlds apart.

Road To Perdition, The Incredible Hulk, Batman Begins, Sin City, and Iron Man were all more enjoyable and better movies to me.

CuckingFunt
07-23-2008, 08:07 PM
Road To Perdition, The Incredible Hulk, Batman Begins, Sin City, and Iron Man were all more enjoyable and better movies to me.

The Incredible Hulk, Batman Begins, and Iron Man are all a matter of opinion (I liked The Dark Knight better than all three).

Road to Perdition and Sin City, though (and I'd add From Hell and Ghost World to this list), are films that I'd consider as good as The Dark Knight, but are based on graphic novels. I, personally, think that slight difference in source material puts them in a separate category. But, that's just me.

Spurminator
07-23-2008, 08:15 PM
If they ever make an Archie movie, watch out.

peewee's lovechild
07-23-2008, 09:31 PM
The Incredible Hulk, Batman Begins, and Iron Man are all a matter of opinion (I liked The Dark Knight better than all three).

Road to Perdition and Sin City, though (and I'd add From Hell and Ghost World to this list), are films that I'd consider as good as The Dark Knight, but are based on graphic novels. I, personally, think that slight difference in source material puts them in a separate category. But, that's just me.

Exactly, there's a difference between comic books and graphic novels.

V for Vendetta is also based on a graphic novel, as was From Hell.

However, I disagree with mardigan's opinion on Hulk, and Iron Man being better than TDK.

Like I've stated before, the element of "realism" is just too hard to ignore. Nolan has made the Batman character, and the villains as well, for that matter, very believable. One could make a plausible argument that such people could exist today. And, their motives are believable.

A man becoming a green monster that grows 10 times his size and still is able to wear his pants and crushes cars to use as shields as he's fighting an even bigger monster that has found a way to talk even though he, for some reason, can't . . . . kinda makes for a stretch in believability.

A man that creates an iron suit and flies beyond the speed of sound thrusted by rockets on his feet and has weaponry that can take out an entire army is not all that believable.

Now, I'm not saying I didn't like the films. Shit, I damn well loved them. But, they don't make for believable films such as the two most recent Batman films.

Add that to the incredible acting that takes place in TDK, and it makes for an absolutely great film that deserves all the accolades that it has been getting.

mFFL03
07-23-2008, 09:49 PM
here are my main problems with the movie that I don't think I've posted here:

the dialogue is some parts was extremely bad.

i.e.

robbers in the beginning the bank manager's lines such as: "schools out, time to go...good lord thats alot of money"

guy in the swat truck "ok I didn't sign up for this...." "ok thats not good" "ok that's really not good!"

what the hell? someone blow these guys away with a magnum please

the acting

the first meeting between dent and gordon. it seemed like they were just reading cards.

the parallels to the original batman

i.e.

joker mob meeting and killing another mobster
batman and joker's final meeting in a high place (bell tower skyscraper vs. construction skyscraper)

dent

was he out cold in the end? or just dead? who knows....but at least try some F'ing CPR!!!! especially for a good-doer and the commissioner!

gotham police force

so. the joker has just told batman where two victims are, and instead of batman and gordon calling it in to the beat cops/patrol men (in ,assumably, one of the biggest cities in the world) they decide to do it themselves? oh ok

oh yah other than that, it's was epic

peewee's lovechild
07-23-2008, 10:08 PM
here are my main problems with the movie that I don't think I've posted here:

the dialogue is some parts was extremely bad.

i.e.

robbers in the beginning the bank manager's lines such as: "schools out, time to go...good lord thats alot of money"

What were they supposed to say?

"Sheeeeeyit, mawfucker . . . that there some money, nigga!!"

Is that what you're looking for?

guy in the swat truck "ok I didn't sign up for this...." "ok thats not good" "ok that's really not good!"

what the hell? someone blow these guys away with a magnum please

Once again, what the hell were they supposed to say?

Were you expecting them to be all philosophical?

the acting

the first meeting between dent and gordon. it seemed like they were just reading cards.

No, they met like two men who really don't trust each other and it damn well played out that way.

Dent wasn't ready to trust Gordon because of his connection with Batman and shady cops working in his department, and Gordon wasn't ready to trust Dent because his good guy fascade seemed too good to be true.

Did you want these guys to talk about their feelings and what not?

the parallels to the original batman

i.e.

joker mob meeting and killing another mobster
batman and joker's final meeting in a high place (bell tower skyscraper vs. construction skyscraper)

Parallels to anything Batman were going to happen.

It is, afterall, a Batman movie.

Besides, if you know anything about Batman, or have read anything Batman, you'll know that he often has some pretty badass fights on high ends of buildings.

Read some Batman comics and educate yourself. Of course, you'll probably just accuse them of ripping of the first Batman movie, but I digress.

dent

was he out cold in the end? or just dead? who knows....but at least try some F'ing CPR!!!! especially for a good-doer and the commissioner!

He's dead.
Do you really need everything explained to you?

Even if he's not really dead, isn't the element of not knowing a good thing?

Besides, how do you effectivley give a guy CPR who's missing half his face?

gotham police force

so. the joker has just told batman where two victims are, and instead of batman and gordon calling it in to the beat cops/patrol men (in ,assumably, one of the biggest cities in the world) they decide to do it themselves? oh ok

Gordon did call in all the forces he could. That's why he showed up to try and save Rachel. With all the chaos going on, do you really think it would have been rational to move those forces to either location knowing that you had only minutes to get there and that they wouldn't be making it anyway?

You're really asking for too much and being extremely nitpicky.

oh yah other than that, it's was epic

It was.

If only you could stop worrying about being a non-comformist, you might actually admit to how great this movie is.

mFFL03
07-23-2008, 10:28 PM
What were they supposed to say?

"Sheeeeeyit, mawfucker . . . that there some money, nigga!!"

Is that what you're looking for?

Once again, what the hell were they supposed to say?

Were you expecting them to be all philosophical?

No, they met like two men who really don't trust each other and it damn well played out that way.

Dent wasn't ready to trust Gordon because of his connection with Batman and shady cops working in his department, and Gordon wasn't ready to trust Dent because his good guy fascade seemed too good to be true.

Did you want these guys to talk about their feelings and what not?

Parallels to anything Batman were going to happen.

It is, afterall, a Batman movie.

Besides, if you know anything about Batman, or have read anything Batman, you'll know that he often has some pretty badass fights on high ends of buildings.

Read some Batman comics and educate yourself. Of course, you'll probably just accuse them of ripping of the first Batman movie, but I digress.

He's dead.
Do you really need everything explained to you?

Even if he's not really dead, isn't the element of not knowing a good thing?

Besides, how do you effectivley give a guy CPR who's missing half his face?

Gordon did call in all the forces he could. That's why he showed up to try and save Rachel. With all the chaos going on, do you really think it would have been rational to move those forces to either location knowing that you had only minutes to get there and that they wouldn't be making it anyway?

You're really asking for too much and being extremely nitpicky.

It was.

If only you could stop worrying about being a non-comformist, you might actually admit to how great this movie is.

you're being an idiot. even I'm a fanboy and can see these problems. I LOVE the movie, I'm just pointing out some of the flaws.

those are the only bad dialogue parts "ok now that's really not good"...come on, it's like a 3rd grader wrote that character.

delivery between gordon and dent could have been better. ALOT better, watch it again.

Educate myself? On comics? I got a day job buddy and outdoor activities for hobbies. You can't deny those two similarities are too strong between the movies. Out of the THOUSANDS of batman comics, the scenes they decided on were the one's with strong resemblance to the burton film. but i digress...

I've seen people give cpr to fucking dogs. they don't have faces, they have snouts for starters....

so gordon calls all his forces in only to arrive there first? yup that sounds like the worlds biggest response rate.

anything else YOU want to nitpick and defend....prick

MannyIsGod
07-23-2008, 10:30 PM
I'm not going to read this thread. I just don't understand what makes people want to voice their opinions so much and make sure other people agree with them. Fuck, if you liked the movie, GREAT. If you didn't, GREAT.

Whether or not Pee Wee has an orgasm while watching this movie or whether or not CBF and SA can't get it up for weeks after seeing it doesn't make me like it any more or less.

Somone should stop Pee Wee from talking about it for at least a few days though.

TheSanityAnnex
07-23-2008, 10:44 PM
Somone should stop Pee Wee from talking about it for at least a few days though.Agreed. It is nothing short of pathetic.

SequSpur
07-23-2008, 11:18 PM
homos.

Kermit
07-24-2008, 05:03 AM

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

florige
07-24-2008, 07:26 AM

:lmao

Cant_Be_Faded
07-24-2008, 08:12 AM
mannyisright

2centsworth
07-29-2008, 10:45 PM
the movie was decent, but add me to the list of not overly impressed.

Cant_Be_Faded
07-29-2008, 10:52 PM
Two coworkers said this movie sucked, it went on for too long, the fighting scenes were blase, not enough batman kicking ass, and they should have just made it a movie only about the joker because the joker was so bad ass and stole the show.

2centsworth
07-29-2008, 11:04 PM
Two coworkers said this movie sucked, it went on for too long, the fighting scenes were blase, not enough batman kicking ass, and they should have just made it a movie only about the joker because the joker was so bad ass and stole the show.

batman begins was much better IMO.