PDA

View Full Version : Montreal woman awakens to find python under bed

lefty
07-21-2008, 10:11 PM
Montreal woman awakens to find python under bed

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/cbc/080721/canada/montreal_snake_found

Mon Jul 21, 12:32 PM

A woman in downtown Montreal got the fright of her life Sunday night when she discovered an almost metre-long python under her bed.
PUBLICITÉ

The 31-year-old awoke in her Pine Avenue apartment around midnight after hearing a strange noise. She reached under her bed and felt the snake, Montreal police Const. Olivier Lapointe said.

"She was lying in bed when she heard a noise that came from under her bed, and when she looked underneath the bed she saw that it was a snake," he said. "She was a little bit panicked."

The woman shone a flashlight under the bed to confirm what she thought she saw, and then called 911, police said.

The snake, a non-venomous python, tried to escape through a hole in the wall when police arrived, but one officer managed to grab it by the tail, and hold on to it.

The officer wrangled the snake into a lidded plastic container and took it down to the police station. No one was hurt in the incident.

The python most likely escaped from another apartment in the same building, Lapointe said. The wayward serpent is now being held at an animal shelter.

Investigators said they hoped to locate the animal's owner as soon as possible.

No charges will be laid.

With files from the Canadian Press

xtremesteven33
07-22-2008, 11:15 AM
thats freakin scary

angel_luv
07-22-2008, 02:54 PM
Gives a whole new meaning to monsters under the bed.

Vinnie_Johnson
07-22-2008, 02:57 PM
I don't know about you but when I hear noises coming from under the bed I am not reaching my hand under it.

ShoogarBear
07-22-2008, 03:32 PM
That's what she said. :smokin

porksword
07-22-2008, 09:30 PM
Well if she was sleeping with me she would have to worry about pythons in her bed, not under it.

Leetonidas
07-22-2008, 09:33 PM
Big deal. Basic rule with snakes is don't piss them off and they'll leave you alone.

lefty
07-22-2008, 09:36 PM
Well if she was sleeping with me she would have to worry about pythons in her bed, not under it.

You have a tail coming out of your ass ?

Leetonidas
07-22-2008, 09:41 PM
:lol @ the name porksword.