PDA

View Full Version : Thanks, Brent and Erin Barry

Man of Steel
07-22-2008, 12:19 AM
Many people here have stated whether losing Brent Barry will adversely effect the Spurs. Only time will tell.

But I would like to say a huge "Thank you" to Brent and his wife, Erin, for their work with fighting child abuse here in San Antonio.

During his time here in San Antonio, the two have been fighting child abuse at all levels. They were active as volunteers. They were active as fundraisers for judges who were considered very well versed in the child abuse issues.

They stood with State Senator Carlos Uresti, who advocated wholesale changes in the child abuse agency, Child Protective Services, under Texas law. The fact is that when you delve into the child abuse issues here in San Antonio over the past few years, you find Brent and Erin Barry.

Yes--Brent is old. And yes--the Spurs are trying to get younger.

Whether San Antonio failed to bid adequately for Barry's services or whether he wanted to leave in order to get a larger role on another team--I think it is only proper that we recognize the Barry family for the serious issues that they helped to address while members of this community.

Take care, Brent.

ANd like others have said--good luck--except when it comes to playing the Spurs.
:toast

Biggems
07-22-2008, 12:28 AM
this was the main reason I wanted Brent to remain a Spur until he retired......I wanted him here in SA for the remainder of his days, because he and Erin (especially Erin) have done so many positive and important things in our city.

They will be sorely missed. I hope that once his playing days are over, they will find their way back to SA....as they will always be welcome her IMO.

While I will never root for the Houston Rockets....I will always root for Brent Barry. That sesspool of a city doesn't deserve the class that the Barry family brings.

Thank you Brent and Erin......

remingtonbo2001
07-22-2008, 12:29 AM

Their proactive attitude has been a tremendous benefit to the city of San Antonio.

Thank you Brent and Erin Barry.

Biggems
07-22-2008, 12:39 AM
BTW...it is the community work like that of the Barrys, Bowens, Robinsons, Duncans, Elliotts, etc....that make me way more proud and supportive of the Spurs than anything they do on the court and any championships they win. Sure the Championships are cool, and it is nice to throw it in the faces of opposing fans....but they are just hunks of metal......the off the court stuff goes far beyond a stupid trophy....it stretches across the globe, cause they help the locals here in SA, who grow up and move away and spread it to their new location.

I am so thankful that we have been blessed to have the Spurs here in San Antonio.

wijayas
07-22-2008, 12:47 AM
What else can we say about the Spurs? They are a classy organization from top to bottom.

Thanks Brent. Thanks Erin.

TDMVPDPOY
07-22-2008, 01:41 AM
i will clearly miss that hot chick erin

Kori Ellis
07-22-2008, 01:43 AM
Good thread. Good luck to the Barry family and thanks for your efforts to better our community:tu

Buddy Holly
07-22-2008, 01:43 AM
It's so hard to say goodbye...

WildcardManu
07-22-2008, 02:05 AM
:cry I still remember when I first heard Barry was coming to SA.

Indazone
07-22-2008, 02:09 AM
Wow did not know that Brent and Erin did all that for Child Abuse. I'm sure the city of San Antonio will be sad to see them leave. A total class act the Barrys. :toast

spursjustice
07-22-2008, 02:45 AM
I am not from SA. I didn't know Barry's did so much for the community. After reading this, I am glad he was a Spur. I will definitely miss his wise cracks. We should get a Brent Barry quotes thread going if there isn't one already.

angelbelow
07-22-2008, 02:56 AM
i hate barry threads because they remind me that hes gone.. you will be missed and thank you brent and erin.

Buddy Holly
07-22-2008, 03:04 AM
I remember LJ breaking the news before the media that Barry was going to sign with SA.

GaryJohnston
07-22-2008, 06:41 AM
Loved Brent.

Taco
07-22-2008, 08:02 AM
Good Luck To You And Your Family In H-town

We Will Miss You

we Will Really Miss Your Heb Commercials :(

Ocotillo
07-22-2008, 09:22 AM
Farewell and Godspeed Brent & Erin.

Nice to read this sort of thing rather than something about a guy pulling a gun at a strip bar.

SpursFanFirst
07-22-2008, 09:59 AM
:toast Very well put, Man of Steel.

Good luck, Brent and Erin!

RashoFan
07-22-2008, 10:14 AM
Good Luck to the Barry's in their new city. Please come back to San Antonio ANYTIME(and especially after you retire Brent!:D) Thank you for all the hard work that you both put forth against Child abuse. Brent, thanks for the good times on and off the court. Many Blessings! :toast

bigfan
07-22-2008, 11:11 AM
Hate to see Brent leave as well. His choice though so hopefully it works out for him in Houston. Time for us to move on as well.

hater
07-22-2008, 11:14 AM
sucks that Spurs tried to trade brent multiple times over these years. But he also got 2 rings out of it. good luck brent

lefty
07-22-2008, 11:32 AM
Erin Barry,

Thanks for being the only hot Spurs wife (that's right TP, your wife is ugly).

Thank you

Ocotillo
07-22-2008, 11:47 AM
sucks that Spurs tried to trade brent multiple times over these years. But he also got 2 rings out of it. good luck brent

Yes, but for the most part, he was the most tradeable asset.

EJK5032
07-22-2008, 07:37 PM
more on Erin Barry's charitable work.......and some photos.

http://sawoman.com/0706/profile.html

The Franchise
07-22-2008, 07:55 PM
That makes me feel even better about him coming to Houston.

Tigole Bitties
07-22-2008, 11:24 PM
Brent Barry -- I still can't believe you won the slam dunk contest back in the Alamodome.

Best of luck to the only Spur I have ever met and chatted with, and I hope you park the VW van back in Bexar County after the stint with Houston.

SequSpur
07-22-2008, 11:24 PM
gay...............

nil.ball
07-23-2008, 03:16 AM
That makes me feel even better about him coming to Houston.

what ever, he needs to play ball, not here to woo and ahh ladies.

Nbadan
07-23-2008, 03:21 AM
anyway we can keep Erin without Brent...he is looking.......... old..

http://www.barrysblueribbonassists.org/images/image_erin_mid_rt.jpg

Buddy Holly
07-23-2008, 08:03 AM
Spurs need to get him as one of their play by play men when he retires.

Manufan909
07-23-2008, 10:42 AM
Damn she's fine, I'm going to miss her almost as much as I 'll miss Brent. I always liked him for his game and wisecracks, but hearing about all he did for the community makes me more depressed. Damn you Brent, for not hinting to Finley to leave for Houston, DAMN YOUUUUUUUUUUU!!!

:cry

Fernando TD21
07-23-2008, 11:50 AM
I'll miss Brent too. Good luck to Brent and Erin in Houston.