PDA

View Full Version : Manu Trade

2centsworth
07-22-2008, 01:33 PM
The chances of Manu remaining healthy are slim to none. It's time to move on. We knew with his style of play that his career would be shortened. Here is a trade that I would propose. We would be able to replace his scoring and add young low post talent.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=272~874~165~2772&teams=18~18~24~24&te=&cash=

urunobili
07-22-2008, 01:35 PM
:ban:

ducks
07-22-2008, 01:35 PM
manu was not traded
you change the title to what do you you think about thsi trade proposal!

ducks
07-22-2008, 01:36 PM

you want to be banned
just ask kori she can fix it for you

brettn
07-22-2008, 01:41 PM
I'm certainly glad you're not making FO decisions for the spurs.

urunobili
07-22-2008, 01:43 PM
I want to be banned because i am an asshole
i am asking kori she will do it for me

Fixed

MavDynasty
Manu is arguably your clutchest player, why the hell would you want to do that?

2centsworth

only in 3rd world countries do people ban speech.

2centsworth
07-22-2008, 01:45 PM
Manu is arguably your clutchest player, why the hell would you want to do that?

he is when he's healthy. He has been breaking down lately, even when the spurs won their 4th.

urunobili
07-22-2008, 01:45 PM
only in 3rd world countries do people ban speech.

and now you're showing your real xenophobic face... classy from you... then y'all complain about where your country is going... with this kinda thoughts... u r not generating great karma that you could say... here at the third world yes i am... wish i was there though... to replace the many people like you that don;t have the minimal idea what you actually have

MavDynasty
07-22-2008, 01:48 PM
he is when he's healthy. He has been breaking down lately, even when the spurs won their 4th.

Still a Manu at 50 percent is better than those scrubs.

2centsworth
07-22-2008, 01:48 PM
and now you're showing your real xenophobic face... classy from you... then y'all complain about where your country is going... with this kinda thoughts... u r not generating great karma that you could say... here at the third world yes i am... wish i was there though... to replace the many people like you that don;t have the minimal idea what you actually have

what we actually have is freedom of speech. Though this is a meaningless thread, I did want to point out to you.

2centsworth
07-22-2008, 01:49 PM
Still a Manu at 50 percent is better than those scrubs.

50% manu gets us waxed in the playoffs.

JamStone
07-22-2008, 01:49 PM
1. Everyone (not just the Spurs) know Manu won't stay healthy anymore, so while he's still a fantastic player, I bet teams are not as willing to part with nearly as much in order to acquire Manu unless they are trying to win it all next year or the following year... I don't believe the Knicks are at that point.

2. Talent-wise, it's a decent deal for both sides. But, once you take into consideration where each team is at in terms of contending and rebuilding, it doesn't make much sense for either. Manu is the best player in the deal, but his age and durability concerns make the deal questionable at best for a team that is rebuilding nearly from scratch.

3. The deal would be a little more tempting to the Knicks if you exchange Vaughn with Ian Mahinmi.

4. Isiah Thomas doesn't make roster moves for the Knicks anymore.

urunobili
07-22-2008, 01:52 PM
what we actually have is freedom of speech. Though this is a meaningless thread, I did want to point out to you.

great ways of doing it... calling out international users from smaller countries makes you a heck a guy! congrats to your mother and father for the great values and education they gave you!

Duncan2177
07-22-2008, 01:54 PM
Tim wants Manu to stay.:lobt2:

Darthkiller
07-22-2008, 01:56 PM
manu+ filler for barbosa+ diaw

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=1996~272~866~2166~2167&teams=21~21~21~24~24&te=&cash=

2centsworth
07-22-2008, 01:57 PM
1. Everyone (not just the Spurs) know Manu won't stay healthy anymore, so while he's still a fantastic player, I bet teams are not as willing to part with nearly as much in order to acquire Manu unless they are trying to win it all next year or the following year... I don't believe the Knicks are at that point.

2. Talent-wise, it's a decent deal for both sides. But, once you take into consideration where each team is at in terms of contending and rebuilding, it doesn't make much sense for either. Manu is the best player in the deal, but his age and durability concerns make the deal questionable at best for a team that is rebuilding nearly from scratch.

3. The deal would be a little more tempting to the Knicks if you exchange Vaughn with Ian Mahinmi.

4. Isiah Thomas doesn't make roster moves for the Knicks anymore.

Manu in D'Antoni's system would be phenomenaul and would keep the natives happy.

Darthkiller
07-22-2008, 01:57 PM
or as a joke

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=215~272~2167~614&teams=21~21~24~24&te=&cash=

2centsworth
07-22-2008, 02:01 PM
great ways of doing it... calling out international users from smaller countries makes you a heck a guy! congrats to your mother and father for the great values and education they gave you!

you want to be treated equally, but then act like a victim. Listen dude, you started with the ban response. I tried to educate you and now you're pissed. Accept the lesson.

midgetonadonkey
07-22-2008, 02:02 PM
I'm all for trading Manu but not for David Lee and Jamal Crawford.

jason1301
07-22-2008, 02:03 PM
The chances of Manu remaining healthy are slim to none. It's time to move on. We knew with his style of play that his career would be shortened. Here is a trade that I would propose. We would be able to replace his scoring and add young low post talent.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=272~874~165~2772&teams=18~18~24~24&te=&cash=

where is your loyalty to someone that gave us two rings?

tssss

and Manu wasn't traded as your title suggests.

:nope

angelbelow
07-22-2008, 02:06 PM
No and NO.

mexicanjunior
07-22-2008, 02:06 PM
where is your loyalty to someone that gave us two rings?

tssss

and Manu wasn't traded as your title suggests.

:nope

He helped us with 3 rings actually...I still would not be against trading him for the right deal.

JamStone
07-22-2008, 02:07 PM
Manu in D'Antoni's system would be phenomenaul and would keep the natives happy.

D'Antoni has no system for the Knicks yet.

And Manu would do nothing for Knicks fans if they continue to lose. Adding just Manu to that roster does not make them that much better.

Darthkiller
07-22-2008, 02:07 PM
or as a joke

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=215~272~2167~614&teams=21~21~24~24&te=&cash=

Phenomanul
07-22-2008, 02:10 PM
Manu was part of 3 NBA championship teams at an age before Jordan acquired his second. Think about that for a second.

As for trading Manu you can't teach clutchness... You retain it as long as possible. And while I would say that Crawford has proven to be clutch on many occasions... but he is also a turnstile on defense, a ball-hog, and a known 'knucklehead'. Manu is defensively clutch as well (minus the Nowitzki brain fart) - which is something that can't be stated for Jamal.

Besides, when will people understand that Manu's injury this year was completely untimely and unfortunate??? The Spurs, like countless of teams before them, were simply bit by the injury bug at the wrong time of the year. They were unlucky, that is all... Manu's injury was not the result of his inability to handle the NBA grind.

Manu still bangs in the post when he needs to, but has vastly improved his mid-range and outside shooting consistency so that he doesn't have to drive to the basket on every play. Over the last two seasons he's even reduced the frequency of his flopping (which could be construed as potential injuries-in-waiting). His injury this year not only limited his explosiveness to the basket, but his ability to push off for his shot. Essentially that's what negated his inside/outside effectiveness. But let's not forget that Finley getting more minutes than Barry in the series against LA was just as detrimental/crucial.

2centsworth
07-22-2008, 02:12 PM
D'Antoni has no system for the Knicks yet.

And Manu would do nothing for Knicks fans if they continue to lose. Adding just Manu to that roster does not make them that much better.

adding Manu to that Roster will easily make them better. Manu is a winner and will close out games for them. He doesn't help the spurs, because he will eventually get hurt. If I were a Knicks fan I would slobber over this deal. Now from the Spurs end, I'm open to hearing better trade options.

Marcus Bryant
07-22-2008, 02:12 PM
:spin

JamStone
07-22-2008, 02:21 PM
adding Manu to that Roster will easily make them better. Manu is a winner and will close out games for them. He doesn't help the spurs, because he will eventually get hurt. If I were a Knicks fan I would slobber over this deal. Now from the Spurs end, I'm open to hearing better trade options.

So if Manu played for the Knicks, he won't eventually get hurt?

Manu can't close out games for the Knicks when 1) he is hurt or 2) the game's not close enough to be closed.

Manu is definitely a winner. He's a great, great player. But, the Knicks roster is filled with mismatching pieces and has a bunch of players that aren't winners. Manu alone does not make that team better.

2centsworth
07-22-2008, 02:34 PM
So if Manu played for the Knicks, he won't eventually get hurt?

Manu can't close out games for the Knicks when 1) he is hurt or 2) the game's not close enough to be closed.

Manu is definitely a winner. He's a great, great player. But, the Knicks roster is filled with mismatching pieces and has a bunch of players that aren't winners. Manu alone does not make that team better.

does he make them better than crawford and lee? I would say absolutely yes. Knicks are not going to win it all overnight. Plus, when 2010 comes around Manu and Lebron sounds deadly to me. Atleast that's what I would sell the Knicks.

timvp
07-22-2008, 02:38 PM
GhostWriter would be proud of this proposed trade.

JamStone
07-22-2008, 02:39 PM
If you're so sure Manu eventually will get injured, ask yourself this instead: does Manu not playing make the Knicks better than Crawford and Lee?

I would say no.

You can't sell an organization on something that only "might" happen. And, when 2010 comes, Manu might be done altogether. If that's what you would try to sell, I'm betting they aren't buying.

Trainwreck2100
07-22-2008, 02:40 PM
GhostWriter would be proud of this proposed trade.

word uh uh eh eh

ChumpDumper
07-22-2008, 02:45 PM
does he make them better than crawford and lee? I would say absolutely yes.So we should trade them to get Manu back.

diego
07-22-2008, 02:56 PM
i dont have a problem with spurs fans wanting to trade manu.

but jamal crawford and david lee? that is a terrible deal. and LOL at david lee being a post option. dude can rebound and thats it. would JC+Lee give us an efficient 20ppg, PG ability, and the extra scoring we missed last season? or even just good D?

at least the barbosa + diaw proposal would give the spurs something useful.

angel_luv
07-22-2008, 03:01 PM
R.C.- If you trade Manu, please trade him to Orlando, or Indiana.
I am running out of room in my signature for all my faves' new team logos. :(

Although, if it weren't for Timmy, I could just replace the Spurs logo with the one of Manu's new team, if the Spurs were to trade him.

Thankfully, this is a moot point.

ducks
07-22-2008, 03:07 PM
R.C.- If you trade Manu, please trade him to Orlando, or Indiana.
I am running out of room in my signature for all my faves' new team logos. :(

Although, if it weren't for Timmy, I could just replace the Spurs logo with the one of Manu's new team, if the Spurs were to trade him.

Thankfully, this is a moot point.

so really you are not a spur fan:depressed

bdictjames
07-22-2008, 03:12 PM
At least get a star in return.

David Lee and Crawford, that's pretty weak for Manu Ginobili.

jason1301
07-22-2008, 03:14 PM
He helped us with 3 rings actually...I still would not be against trading him for the right deal.

he helped indeed, but an argument can be made that those two rings if weren't for him we wouldn't have gotten them.

and by right deal you mean Lebron James? Yeap I am up for it :toast

but let's be serious, we shouldn't start shopping him around. That's so disrespectful. We, Spurs fans know better than that.

Spurminator
07-22-2008, 03:15 PM
This trade would make us worse now and in the future. Jamal Crawford's contract comes off the books a year later than Manu's. If we're not winning any more Championships with Manu, we're certainly not winning any with Crawford and Lee replacing him. We're better off keeping Manu around until 2010.

2centsworth
07-22-2008, 03:23 PM
If you're so sure Manu eventually will get injured, ask yourself this instead: does Manu not playing make the Knicks better than Crawford and Lee?

I would say no.

You can't sell an organization on something that only "might" happen. And, when 2010 comes, Manu might be done altogether. If that's what you would try to sell, I'm betting they aren't buying.

dude, I wouldn't propose it if I didn't think the spurs would actually get the better end of the deal long-term. I'm just telling you how I would sell it. Shoot if LA can sell a bag of popcorn for Gasol...

2centsworth
07-22-2008, 03:33 PM
Jamaal Crawford average 20points and 5assists per game last year with a plus16 effeciency. Ginobilli averaged less with a lower effeciency of 13. Then throw in David Lee and Ginobilli's inevitable injury. Shoot we would be lucky to get this done.

urunobili
07-22-2008, 03:35 PM
so really you are not a spur fan:depressed

no she's actually a TP hater like many on the board

nil.ball
07-22-2008, 03:36 PM
manu

for

bobby jackson
luther head

:lol
Building of a championship!

rj215
07-22-2008, 03:41 PM
Manu will retire a Spur IMHO unless he jeopordizes his health by playing for his national team since Pop has serious reservations about it. And if it causes Manu to get seriously injured that may be the only thing that could prevent him from having his jersey hanging from the AT&T rafters.

jack sommerset
07-22-2008, 03:43 PM
Trade Mango for Josh Smith. Atlanta can do a sign and trade. He is only 22 and alot of upstart. Mango is a wild beast and should have been dealt when his trade value was high 2 years ago. Its nice to see alot Spur fans not going nuts at the thought of trading the Mango. He comes off the bench because he cannot control his wild ways. Atlanta would take a shot at him especially knowing they will lose Josh Smith next year for sure.

2centsworth
07-22-2008, 03:51 PM
:lmaoI couldn't help but laugh at "Mango"

Spur-Addict
07-22-2008, 03:53 PM
:lmaoI couldn't help but laugh at "Mango"

Insert Satuday Night Live Photo :lol

twilo73
07-22-2008, 03:54 PM
I would trade Manu... to Chicago for Grodon and Deng as sign and trades. To Chicago Oberto, Manu and Booner and a first round pick. Would love to add Noah to that trade too.

ducks
07-22-2008, 03:55 PM
I would trade Manu... to Chicago for Grodon and Deng as sign and trades. To Chicago Oberto, Manu and Booner and a first round pick. Would love to add Noah to that trade too.

noah sucks donkeys

Budkin
07-22-2008, 03:58 PM
No.

MarHill
07-22-2008, 04:03 PM
I know this is a hypothetical situation.

But, it's funny to me how someone would want to trade one of the big three win this team has a chance to win another championship.

Especially, someone as clutch and competitive as Manu. Outside of Kobe Bryant...Manu is one of the most competitive people in the league.

He's untouchable....far as I'm concerned.

You don't touch the core of something (whether it's Basketball, Football, or Business) that is successful until the window has closed. You can get always get role players or secondary people...but if you have a core that works you keep it as long as possible!!!

Yes, Manu has been injured but trying to get rid of him....is premature!

I've always thought the Bulls plugged the plug on the Jordan/Pippen era too soon. They had a chance to win another championship and the organization decided to go in a different direction.

So...no trade for Manu!!!

:toast

Darthkiller
07-22-2008, 04:08 PM
if i were a spurs fan, i definitely wouldnt trade him unless we are blowing the team up. but again, i am not really a spurs fan, so

ginobili to the suns!

2centsworth
07-22-2008, 04:11 PM
I know this is a hypothetical situation.

But, it's funny to me how someone would want to trade one of the big three win this team has a chance to win another championship.

Especially, someone as clutch and competitive as Manu. Outside of Kobe Bryant...Manu is one of the most competitive people in the league.

He's untouchable....far as I'm concerned.

You don't touch the core of something (whether it's Basketball, Football, or Business) that is successful until the window has closed. You can get always get role players or secondary people...but if you have a core that works you keep it as long as possible!!!

Yes, Manu has been injured but trying to get rid of him....is premature!

I've always thought the Bulls plugged the plug on the Jordan/Pippen era too soon. They had a chance to win another championship and the organization decided to go in a different direction.

So...no trade for Manu!!!

:toast

I'm a huge fan of Manu, but I would gamble his time is done and get the most that I could.

Harry Callahan
07-22-2008, 04:16 PM
Jamal Crawford may be the most selfish player I have ever seen (in person last January in SA). He is lockeroom poison and loser through and through. This proposed trade would sink the Spurs into second tier status.

FromWayDowntown
07-22-2008, 04:19 PM
I'm a huge fan of Manu, but I would gamble his time is done and get the most that I could.

If the most you can get is Jamal Crawford and David Lee, that isn't a whole lot you're getting in return.

You can say Ginobili's health is iffy and that the Spurs can't win a title with him anymore, but I can guarantee you that the Spurs wouldn't have been in last season's conference finals without him -- injuries and all. I would disagree that you just jettison a player who can make that much of a difference for whatever you can get on the market. If you trade him, you'd better find a difference maker; there aren't many guys in the NBA who truly fit that category -- at least not in the same way that Manu Ginobili does.

DDS4
07-22-2008, 04:23 PM
In today's dollars, Manu's a bargain for what he still brings to the table.

You might want to come up with better players than Crawford/Lee if you're gonna trade Manu.

Spurminator
07-22-2008, 04:27 PM
If you're trading Manu, you'd better get an expiring contract, a future All-Star calibur player in his early 20's and a Lottery pick.

FromWayDowntown
07-22-2008, 04:31 PM
Jamal Crawford may be the most selfish player I have ever seen (in person last January in SA). He is lockeroom poison and loser through and through. This proposed trade would sink the Spurs into second tier status.

I'm guessing that it's not just a coincidence that Crawford's teams have uniformly stunk during his NBA career. Dude shoots 40% from the field for his career with a points-per-shot hovering around 1.1. He's a chucker, through and through. A guy like that would never get enough shots on a team like the Spurs to average in the mid-teens, and he'd never play enough defense to make up for his atrocious offense.

Ginobili is a 46+% shooter from the floor for over the last 4 seasons while having a PPS that is above 1.4. He averages in the mid-teens with limited shots and then adds substantial value on the defensive end as well.

Short of some of getting an elite 2 guard -- which won't happen because of Manu's favorable contract -- I don't think the Spurs could ever get reasonable value for Ginobili in a trade.

FromWayDowntown
07-22-2008, 04:31 PM
If you're trading Manu, you'd better get an expiring contract, a future All-Star calibur player in his early 20's and a Lottery pick.

I'd think the bidding would start in the neighborhood of Kevin Martin.

Harry Callahan
07-22-2008, 04:37 PM
I'd think the bidding would start in the neighborhood of Kevin Martin.

That's more like it. If you trade a quality player, you should get quality back. SAC would't do this due to the age difference, but Martin is really, really good.

ElNono
07-22-2008, 04:42 PM

You really are worth 2 cents...

FromWayDowntown
07-22-2008, 04:43 PM
That's more like it. If you trade a quality player, you should get quality back. SAC would't do this due to the age difference, but Martin is really, really good.

Of course they wouldn't, but that's kind of the point.

It's absurd, in my mind, to think that the Spurs could ever get anything approaching true value for Manu. And given that Manu is quite clearly a difference-making player who is truly among the best 25-30 players in the association at the moment, I don't think you jettison that guy just because you're fearful that he might get hurt. The upside of a healthy Manu is substantially greater than the upside of the spare parts that you might get in return by trading Manu on the hypothesis that he might get hurt.

FromWayDowntown
07-22-2008, 04:45 PM
Now from the Spurs end, I'm open to hearing better trade options.

The best option is to keep Manu.

JamStone
07-22-2008, 04:47 PM

Manu's age and durability issues would very unlikely net the Spurs something of that value, especially for lottery teams. Teams that might be a piece away from having a legitimate shot at winning a title might be willing to trade more, but from a business standpoint, Manu isn't worth nearly as much as his production to a lottery team because Manu doesn't project having longterm value for a team that is trying to rebuild.

As such, the Spurs would be hard pressed to find equal value for Manu, and so it would be hard for the Spurs to make such a move and not get equal value.

2centsworth
07-22-2008, 04:49 PM
The best option is to keep Manu.

not if winning another championship is the goal. Manu is done.

I. Hustle
07-22-2008, 04:51 PM

FTL

Stump
07-22-2008, 04:57 PM
Manu is done.
They said the same thing last offseason.

hater
Manu is done.

thanks Nostradamus

FromWayDowntown

Except, of course, when he plays well enough to finish 10th in the MVP voting and be voted 3rd Team All-NBA while being a substantial reason that his team reached the Conference Finals and being largely responsible for their lone win in that round.

It's really too bad that none of those things have happened in the last 6 months.

I. Hustle
07-22-2008, 04:59 PM
Except, of course, when he plays well enough to finish 10th in the MVP voting and be voted 3rd Team All-NBA while being a substantial reason that his team reached the Conference Finals and being largely responsible for their lone win in that round.

It's really too bad that none of those things have happened in the last 6 months.

FTW

2centsworth
07-22-2008, 05:01 PM
I'll bet anyone $100 that manu gets hurt in next years playoffs.

FromWayDowntown
07-22-2008, 05:02 PM

It's funny that you think the Spurs should bet millions of dollars on that proposition when you're only willing to risk $100.

2centsworth
07-22-2008, 05:04 PM
It's funny that you think the Spurs should bet millions of dollars on that proposition when you're only willing to risk $100.

I'm not rich like you. Maybe I'll go slip and fall so I can have more. :lol

j/k

kobyz
07-22-2008, 05:05 PM
i'm not trading Manu even for Bryant. Manu is more than just a player for the spurs

nil.ball
07-22-2008, 05:05 PM

I ll take that bet, what is your home address and social security number. Just in case you know.

ducks
07-22-2008, 06:03 PM
http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101112

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-22-2008, 06:07 PM

/thread

ducks
07-22-2008, 06:08 PM

had barry played manu minutes in game one spurs would have won that game
then manu could have rested in game 2:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang

2centsworth
07-22-2008, 06:09 PM
http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101112

that's a manu troll thread.

Hemotivo
07-22-2008, 06:10 PM
maybe, maybe not...
maybe..................

exstatic
07-22-2008, 06:37 PM

You think Jamal Crawford has had a healthy career?

EPIC FAIL

urunobili
07-22-2008, 06:42 PM
had barry played manu minutes in game one spurs would have won that game
then manu could have rested in game 2:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang

don't you think that's Pop's fault not Manu's? just stop hating man...

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-22-2008, 06:45 PM
I don't agree with this trade.

ducks
07-22-2008, 06:52 PM

I think it was both of them
manu wanted to play
pop letting manu play

pop was not responsible for the bonehead plays he performed out there

or and timvp at that game said that had barry played manu minutes spurs would have been up by 30

ducks
07-22-2008, 06:53 PM

yeah manu can do no wrong

Capt Bringdown
07-22-2008, 07:00 PM
It's more likely that Manu's fragility will break our hearts again than win us another title at this point.

As for loyalty, he's shown us where his heart is by playing in the Olympics.

urunobili
07-22-2008, 07:04 PM
yeah manu can do no wrong

you finally get it

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-22-2008, 07:07 PM
I would trade Manu if the right trade came along. The thing is, it hasn't.

Brutalis
07-22-2008, 07:08 PM
We wish you would.

urunobili
07-22-2008, 07:10 PM
I am a hopeless xenophobic drama queen.
Fixed

Brutalis
07-22-2008, 07:11 PM
Manu is not some prince. Most Spur fans careless about him and if he stuck with the Spurs. Were as Parker would hurt hella worse.

Manu will be gone the first sign of a good trade. His obvious carelessness and disregard to the franchise that pays him shows a lot. I would like to see Manu gone anyways, just because you cannot depend on his play at all and he is injury prone as well.

Brutalis
07-22-2008, 07:13 PM
I'm a another typical bitch argentine who thinks Manu is God and holds some true place in die hard Spurfan hearts. But alas I know he does not, and that he will not retire a Spur and I'll have to get over it.

Fixed like your sister.

urunobili
07-22-2008, 07:15 PM
Fixed like your sister.

did you finish high school?

Brutalis
07-22-2008, 07:16 PM

Do they even have schools in arg? Get over yourself lady.

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-22-2008, 07:16 PM

:lol Irony...

urunobili
07-22-2008, 07:18 PM
Do they even have schools in arg? Get over yourself lady.

i am asking because i am not from Argentina... it seems geography is a subject you missed even at primary school...

Brutalis
07-22-2008, 07:20 PM
i am asking because i am not from Argentina... it seems geography is a subject you missed even at primary school...

1. All the Manu ass humping you do I have always assumed you are his former lover or from his neck of the woods.
2. Yes I see the Urgay flag under your name.
3. I still own your skittles and am not giving them back.

urunobili
07-22-2008, 07:23 PM
1. All the Manu haters like me are oppressed people that envy him
2. Yes I see the Uruguay flag but i had to go to wikipedia to see what and where it is since my education was not fair enough to know it by heart.
3. I still own you some respect for putting me in the right place and i appreciate your kindness.

Fixed? :married:

spursjustice
07-22-2008, 07:23 PM
Trade arguably the MVP of our team last season? No.

Spurtacus
07-22-2008, 07:26 PM
This thread insults my intelligence.

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-22-2008, 07:27 PM
This thread insults my intelligence.

I agree.

Brutalis
07-22-2008, 07:48 PM
Fixed? :married:

Whatever makes you feel better girl.

urunobili
07-22-2008, 07:59 PM
Whatever makes you feel better girl.

:loser

ArgSpursFan.
07-22-2008, 08:26 PM
Manu is not some prince. Most Spur fans careless about him and if he stuck with the Spurs. Were as Parker would hurt hella worse.

Manu will be gone the first sign of a good trade. His obvious carelessness and disregard to the franchise that pays him shows a lot. I would like to see Manu gone anyways, just because you cannot depend on his play at all and he is injury prone as well.

I suggest you start rooting for another NBA team and comeback to the Spurs bandwagon in about 5/6 years when Manu is finally retired,introduced in the hall of fame and the # 20 jersey is hanging at the AT%T center.
Fucking hater.
BTW,you sound like you feel the spurs are doing Manu a favor by giving him job,and It's all the other fucking way around bud.

Darthkiller
07-22-2008, 08:38 PM

that's why they call him spur hater since 1992.

Phenomanul
07-22-2008, 09:21 PM

Exaggerate much?

Manu'sMagicalLeftHand
07-22-2008, 09:29 PM
LOL at the Isiah Thomases of this world trying to turn the Spurs into a lottery team.

amy020
07-22-2008, 09:41 PM
MANU was the man carrying the team all season long ,even in the playoff ,when he was seriously hurt,he made some wonderful play to help the team. without him can the spurs even beat hornets? It's really unfair to blame Manu for the loss. our team is too old and had to play every two days in the WCF,that's the main reason.We've lost our big lead just like game one a couple of times, is it Manu's fault? It should be the whole team to responsible for that.
Manu is really a clutch player and go to guy,you guys just undervalue him. Why in the final minutes pop tend to let Manu have the ball ? and how many times have Manu saved the team in the clutch time this season? countless.and because he is injured so you ask for trade. Ridiculous! Why are you so sure that he will reinjury during the next playoff.another important thing, you can't find another player in the legue play better than him with his salary.
SO,NO.

MarHill
07-22-2008, 09:56 PM
--- Manu has given his all for the team that pays him; that doesn't mean he has to sacrifice everything else.
--- He doesn't deserve derision from those who don't understand his sense of patriotism.
--- Manu took less money to play for the Spurs. His contract is probably the most lopsided contract in the NBA today, in terms of value per dollar. You couldn't get equal return in any trade unless the Cavs were willing to part ways with No. 23. Isn't that admirable enough?
--- Manu played on a bum foot, because he is one hell of a competitor. How's that for those who question his loyalty or his will to win?
--- His injury simply came at the worst possible time. Bad luck, move on.
--- He carried the team on his back for most of the season and was arguably their MVP last season.
--- His efficiency, which is a roundabout indicator of whether or not one can handle the grind of the NBA season, was top 10.
--- Manu had the best regular season, statistically speaking, of his career - the year he was supposed to have fallen off a cliff.
--- Manu's clutchness on both ends of the floor is irreplaceable.

That has been the best post by someone on Spurs Talk.com about Manu. Thanks PhenoManul!!!

I can't believe some of the spoiled Spurs fans are already wanting to trade Manu!!! Yikes!!

AC#21_TD ERA
07-22-2008, 10:04 PM
I wouldn't give the thumbs up for this trade but if a right trade came along then I’ll pull the trigger. By Manu playing in the Olympics is pefetic and I think we have to consider trading him because he will rock to training camp with a walking stick. He probably was saving himself for the Olympics anyway. TRADE MANU, MASON, VAUGHN, FOR ANTHONY.

anakha
07-22-2008, 10:10 PM
I wouldn't give the thumbs up for this trade but if a right trade came along then I’ll pull the trigger. By Manu playing in the Olympics is pefetic and I think we have to consider trading him because he will rock to training camp with a walking stick. He probably was saving himself for the Olympics anyway. TRADE MANU, MASON, VAUGHN, FOR ANTHONY.

Oh, this is rich. Now, it's Anthony? :lmao

Whatever happened to your sudden mancrush for Ricky Davis?

AC#21_TD ERA
07-22-2008, 10:17 PM
Anakha you fukin stink. Your comments are so fuking lame. Do you have to comment on everything i respond to. Go and watch Power Rangers you fukin baby. Grow up seriously. You even got them on your display pitchure thats fukin sad. YOU MAKE ME SICK!

anakha
07-22-2008, 10:19 PM
Anakha you fukin stink. Your comments are so fuking lame. Do you have to comment on everything i respond to. Go and watch Power Rangers you fukin baby. Grow up seriously. You even got them on your display pitchure thats fukin sad. YOU MAKE SICK!

Basically, all you've done is bandwagon onto other people's trade ideas. :lol

Someone brings up JR smith's availability?
You: Take the fukn risk, get JR Smith!

Someone brings up Ricky Davis's availability?
You: Take the fukn risk, get Ricky Davis!

Someone brings up the concern about Manu's health?
You: Take the fukn risk, trade Manu for Anthony!

You're nothing but an obnoxiously bleating sheep. :lmao

AC#21_TD ERA
07-22-2008, 10:24 PM
Basically, all you've done is bandwagon onto other people's trade ideas. :lol

Someone brings up JR smith's availability?
You: Take the fukn risk, get JR Smith!

Someone brings up Ricky Davis's availability?
You: Take the fukn risk, get Ricky Davis!

Someone brings up the concern about Manu's health?
You: Take the fukn risk, trade Manu for Anthony!

You're nothing but an obnoxiously bleating sheep. :lmao

People start threads to get users opinions on the topic you fukin tool. If i have an opinion ill fukin voice it and i dont give a fuck if you or any other person likes it. Im not a pussy like you i call it as i see it you fukin coward.

anakha
07-22-2008, 10:28 PM
People start threads to get users opinions on the topic you fukin tool. If i have an opinion ill fukin voice it and i dont give a fuck if you or any other person likes it. Im not a pussy like you i call it as i see it you fukin coward.

Opinion? What opinion? All you've done is parrot whatever thread idea on the front page catches your fancy. :lol

And all you can offer in response is insults. Pathetic.

You've been desperately jumping on any idea that can make you look smart, but in the end, you end up owning yourself over and over:

http://img29.picoodle.com/img/img29/4/7/18/f_ownedm_696c0a8.jpg (http://www.picoodle.com/view.php?img=/4/7/18/f_ownedm_696c0a8.jpg&srv=img29)

Manudona
07-22-2008, 10:54 PM
that's a manu troll thread.

No, it is not. It is a thread that proves that as of today two thirds of the posters of Spurstalk.com think that you are an idiot.

mytespurs
07-22-2008, 11:17 PM
I don't understand these "trade Manu" threads that are popping up lately. He's one of the top Spurs players and had a pretty good 2007 season before that ankle & other injuries affected his performance, especially in the playoffs. Trade him???!!! I think this guy has some good years left for the Spurs, possibly 1-2 more championship runs with this current. Now there may come the time when the Spurs may do that or Manu may sign w/another team but I don't think that time is now....trade Manu? NOOOOO!!!!!!

I know some have issues with his playing in the Olympics and how it will affect his performance in 2008. If Manu has the drive to defend his country's Olympic gold, don't you think he'll have that same drive & determination to want to help the Spurs win another championship? That he will want to erase that bad playoff series he had against the Lakers? We can only hope, wish & pray that he doesn't damage that ankle too much in August and that he will be at full strength during the playoff run during the NBA season.

That's my .1/2 cent opinion. :downspin:

2centsworth
07-22-2008, 11:26 PM
Viva Argentina!!!

Anything the spurs can do to help please let us know.

ducks
07-22-2008, 11:32 PM
I am shocked at the manu trade threads
there used to be only tp trade threads
this place is getting a little more balanced out

K-State Spur
07-22-2008, 11:35 PM
By Manu playing in the Olympics is pefetic

I'm not one to be the grammar police, but that is absolutely terrible, borderline PATHETIC.

Manu'sMagicalLeftHand
07-22-2008, 11:35 PM

Spurs Report swarm or dramatic fall in the posters average IQ?

ducks
07-22-2008, 11:37 PM
maybe it is because the spurs front office wanted to get extension signed and spur fans want manu healthy in playoffs

ducks
07-22-2008, 11:38 PM

trading a player that is breaking done and can play 25 minutes a game that makes 10 million a year

if it was not manu
you would want him gone
manu is ok as a spur now
manu is clutch if he was not he would be GONE

anakha
07-22-2008, 11:38 PM

Yes.

MaNuMaNiAc
07-22-2008, 11:40 PM

You're not shocked, you've fucking giddy and you know it

MaNuMaNiAc
07-22-2008, 11:42 PM
trading a player that is breaking done and can play 25 minutes a game that makes 10 million a year

if it was not manu
you would want him gone
manu is ok as a spur now
manu is clutch if he was not he would be GONE

Manu played better than any spurs player sans Duncan during last regular season. Where do you get off saying he is done is my question? other than your obvious fucking hate for the man.

ducks
07-22-2008, 11:46 PM
I did not say he is done another poster here did today
he is on the decline
he is getting older and alot of his game is built on speed

MaNuMaNiAc
07-22-2008, 11:54 PM
I did not say he is done another poster here did today
he is on the decline
he is getting older and alot of his game is built on speed

trading a player that is breaking done and can play 25 minutes a game that makes 10 million a yearI assumed that's what you meant.

and you know what, your claim that the man is on the decline would have a lot more credibility if Manu hadn't just come off the best regular season of his career... face it you have NOTHING to base your bullshit on. Neither does 2centsworth or Brutalis.

Manu isn't untradable, he's just not worth trading right now, not with him playing like he's been playing. One injury and the fucking hyenas start to drool...

and by the way, let me just :lol @ at the idiots throwing around the nationality smack. Typical response when someone has nothing intelligent to reply

ducks
07-23-2008, 12:00 AM
I assumed that's what you meant.

and by the way, let me just :lol @ at the idiots throwing around the nationality smack. Typical response when someone has nothing intelligent to reply
there are people that post that want manu to play for their country and not

MaNuMaNiAc
07-23-2008, 12:05 AM
there are people that post that want manu to play for their country and not

I meant nationality smack as in implying only an Argie homer would think trading Manu right now is idiotic. That kind of talk is thrown around when idiots run out of arguments, so out comes the "insert nationality here" homer remarks. Mainly to divert attention from the fact their trade idea holds no fucking merit.

wisnub
07-23-2008, 02:16 AM
I love this guy...hes a warrior. But if other team offering CP3 I will change my mind

Sissiborgo
07-23-2008, 03:13 AM
No Trade

Nbadan
07-23-2008, 03:17 AM
Manu will likely remain a Spur, but....if the right deal came along....

Manufan909
07-23-2008, 10:45 AM
Hell, even I'd be alright with a deal that got us Lebron, Kobe, JSmith... but that's it. The Dirks and KGs of the NBA would be nice too, but the Spurs better get a HOF sg/sf for Manu, not a big.

smeagol
07-23-2008, 11:17 AM
ducks is stupid.

This thread simply confirms it.

rascal
07-23-2008, 11:46 AM
i'm not trading Manu even for Bryant. Manu is more than just a player for the spurs

Don't let homerism cloud your judgement.

ducks
07-23-2008, 12:09 PM
ducks is stupid.

This thread simply confirms it.

you are the one that said manu is an allstar
he got in one time
he did not even get in last year and you people think he had his best year:lol:lol:lol

FromWayDowntown
07-23-2008, 12:18 PM
he got in one time
he did not even get in last year and you people think he had his best year:lol:lol:lol

Yep -- you got over on that one.

Manu isn't an All-Star; he's an All-NBA player.

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-23-2008, 12:29 PM
he got in one time

All-NBA > All-Star.

Only a bitter Parker fan would refuse to admit Manu was a stud last year.

Where did Tony finish in the MVP balloting again?

ducks, you really need to drop the Manu hate. It's like the moment anyone even says something positive about the guy, you have to shit all over their post.

We get it, you love Tony and think he's better. Fine. Quit fucking up every thread where something positive is posted about Manu.

Your hate for Manu is as bad as your hate for LeBron. He's a Spur for crying out loud, quit being such a bitch.

urunobili
07-23-2008, 12:38 PM
Don't let homerism cloud your judgement.

are you ducks girlfriend?

ducks
07-23-2008, 01:35 PM
All-NBA > All-Star.

ducks, you really need to drop the Manu hate. It's like the moment anyone even says something positive about the guy, you have to shit all over their post.

We get it, you love Tony and think he's better. Fine. Quit fucking up every thread where something positive is posted about Manu.

Your hate for Manu is as bad as your hate for LeBron. He's a Spur for crying out loud, quit being such a bitch.

stfu

hater
07-23-2008, 01:40 PM
duck gettin owned left and right. be a good ducky and stop the Manu hate

Manufan909
07-23-2008, 01:41 PM
stfu

Looks like you got to him Aggie.

TP shoots jumpers like Kidd shoots 3's. And he's 1/20 on dunks his entire life.
:downspin:

Man, this constant ragging on a player buisiness absolutely blows. And ducks has been doing this bullshit for years.

FromWayDowntown
07-23-2008, 02:01 PM
stfu

That's a good concise retort, ducks.

I still wonder why some Spurs fans can't just love Tony and Manu equally. The idea that I think Manu is good doesn't mean that I think Tony sucks. And fact that I think Tony is good doesn't mean that I have to dislike Manu or want him to fail. It's been 6 years now and I honestly still don't get how that has ever become an issue.

Kori Ellis
07-23-2008, 02:03 PM
... It's been 6 years now and I honestly still don't get how that has ever become an issue.

Because some fans are idiots. They don't realize that tearing down one player doesn't make your own favorite look better. It just makes you look stupid.

Anyway, the Tony vs Manu thing is over in this thread. If I have to come back in here and deal with it, then whoever is involved will go on 1 week ban.

Thanks.

koriwhat
07-23-2008, 02:09 PM
Because some fans are idiots. They don't realize that tearing down one player doesn't make your own favorite look better. It just makes you look stupid.

Anyway, the Tony vs Manu thing is over in this thread. If I have to come back in here and deal with it, then whoever is involved will go on 1 week ban.

Thanks.

parker sucks...
manu sucks...
duncan sucks...

they all suck! boring spurs basketball... it all sucks!

then again so would my life without all mentioned.

GO SPURS GO!

FromWayDowntown
07-23-2008, 02:09 PM

Sigh. Yeah, I know. It's something of a rhetorical question at this point. And it's done here -- thanks.

timaios
07-23-2008, 02:37 PM
All-NBA > All-Star.

Put ducks on your ignore list.
Simple !!!

Looks like you got to him Aggie.

TP shoots jumpers like Kidd shoots 3's. And he's 1/20 on dunks his entire life.
:downspin:

Man, this constant ragging on a player buisiness absolutely blows. And ducks has been doing this bullshit for years.

So ducks is an asshole. Everybody here knows that.
And to prove your point, you act yourself like an asshole !
Brilliant !!!

I am french and i am a HUGE fan of Manu.
It was his best season ever. His ankle fucked up his playoffs... Bad luck.
I don't know why so many people think he's going to be injury prone in the future.
NBA players have injuries sometimes, it happens.
That was just a bad time to be injured.
I hope every Spurs players will be 100% healthy for the 2009 playoffs.
Tim, Tony, Manu & Bruce are playing together since 2002. There is a great alchemy between them and we need all of them for a 2009 title.

:flag:

tonyisamazing
08-02-2008, 11:37 AM
If we trade manu you can say goodbye to the rings you are hoping for. What is wrong with you people? Why are there all these people wanting to trade either manu ot tim or tony? Without them we are nothing

2centsworth
08-02-2008, 12:18 PM
Manu is simply an amazing player and a top 5 player in the clutch when healthy. However, for many years many have predicted Manu wouldn't last long in the league because of his style of play. Have recent injuries in the playoffs the past two years been signs of Manu's health is behind him. I said yes when he decided to play for argentina, but now I'm on the fence. there would be nothing wrong with the spurs trading manu if they don't think he'll ever be totally healthy again.

Sissiborgo
08-02-2008, 02:01 PM
haha manu won't be traded the big three are spurs not the big two got it!?:hat

2centsworth
08-22-2008, 11:40 PM
being this prophetic is a curse. People hate me for it, but I can help speaking the truth.

Man In Black
08-22-2008, 11:45 PM
Ok the sun shines on a dog's ass from time-to-time, I get that. But if you are as prophetic as you think you are, tell us... have you won the lottery?

This guy ain't goin' anywhere. Losing him would be tantamount to season ticket suicide.

B'lee dat.

:flag: