PDA

View Full Version : One more Manu, TP Allstar Analysis

jcrod
02-04-2005, 05:53 PM
Ok, I don't like one more than the other like most people do. I think they're both very important players for the team and like both their games. But wonder why so many Spurs fan really want Manu in and not TP (both).

Although I do believe Manu should be in there, I just don't see how you can justify putting him in front of TP. You're putting the fourth best SG in before the second best PG in the WC. I just don't understand.

I would've hope the Spurs front office and media alike would be pumping TP as well as Manu. Instead you see PHX getting three players instead of SA, which I think are more deserving. Nash is a no brainer, but both Marion and Amare in I think is wrong.

If we were to lose TD, like PHX lost Nash, we wouldn't of lost 5+ games like PHX. TP and Manu would've carried the team, like Marion and Amare couldn't. Proven last yr.

I think Manu will get in and I'll also think this might be his only yr. We'll see TP in there for the next 10yrs. So I guess it doesn't matter.

Just my 2 cents.

MaNuMaNiAc
02-04-2005, 05:59 PM
I really don't see how you can say you don't like one over the other, when you clearly think TP is better than Manu.

MaNuMaNiAc
02-04-2005, 06:01 PM
PS. This subject has already been argued to death! let's not start over!

Kori Ellis
02-04-2005, 06:02 PM
^^ You are the one starting it up again. JCRod is just saying that he'd like more fans to want to see both of them in.

jcrod
02-04-2005, 06:04 PM
I really don't see how you can say you don't like one over the other, when you clearly think TP is better than Manu.

No, I don't, which is obvious by your screen name. Read the post, I just don't see you putting the 4th best sg in front of the 2nd best pg. I more mad that nobody is trying to get both in, like phx, instead of one.

jcrod
02-04-2005, 06:05 PM
^^ You are the one starting it up again. JCRod is just saying that he'd like more fans to want to see both of them in.

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MaNuMaNiAc
02-04-2005, 06:05 PM
Fine, then I won't start it up again!

ALVAREZ6
02-04-2005, 06:24 PM
There's plenty of them.

IX_Equilibrium
02-04-2005, 06:27 PM
I think Manu will get in and I'll also think this might be his only yr. We'll see TP in there for the next 10yrs. So I guess it doesn't matter.

Just my 2 cents.

Why in the hell would you think this would be Manu's only year??

ALVAREZ6
02-04-2005, 06:28 PM
Jcrod, WTF are you smokin?

RobinsontoDuncan
02-04-2005, 06:30 PM
i can understand his point, now whether or not Manu is better than TP, you would be hardpressed to pick a better PG in this league (not named Nash). Now for Manu, you can make the case that Ray Allen, The Rapeist, and T-Mac are better, all three have much better stats.

jcrod
02-04-2005, 06:38 PM
Why in the hell would you think this would be Manu's only year??

Jcrod, WTF are you smokin?

Look at the big picture, quit being manu/spurs homers. The dude is 27, he is never going to be better than Kobe or TMAC and Ray (28) will be right there in the mix. If TP doesn't make it this yr at 22 is progressively getting better and will be in there for yrs to come. I don't see a PG who will challenge him in the next coming yrs. Do you really think we'll have 3 all stars every yr. That would be a dream come true, but think realisticly.

jcrod
02-04-2005, 06:41 PM
If we were to lose TD, like PHX lost Nash, we wouldn't of lost 5+ games like PHX. TP and Manu would've carried the team, like Marion and Amare couldn't. Proven last yr.

BTW did you see the way TP and Manu embraced each other after they pulled that win yest without TD. That put a smile to my face.

Matrix
02-04-2005, 06:59 PM
From the way you guys post do manu and tp not get along or is it just the that like one more than the other...

TMTTRIO
02-04-2005, 07:16 PM
You know I heard that Tony got invited to participate in the Skills Challenge competition :elephant and he might turn that down depending on if he gets selected to the All Star Game. I still wish both of them could participate in the All Star game because they both deserve it and they've both been a huge part of helping our team win.

IX_Equilibrium
02-04-2005, 07:25 PM
Look at the big picture, quit being manu/spurs homers. The dude is 27, he is never going to be better than Kobe or TMAC and Ray (28) will be right there in the mix. If TP doesn't make it this yr at 22 is progressively getting better and will be in there for yrs to come. I don't see a PG who will challenge him in the next coming yrs. Do you really think we'll have 3 all stars every yr. That would be a dream come true, but think realisticly.

First off, 27 is not old. We have yet to see the best of Manu. Second, there are more than 2 guards on the all star team (they do pick reserves).

If you seriously think that this year is his only shot, you need to get off the crack pipe.

whottt
02-04-2005, 08:13 PM
I'm one of the guys that thinks Manu and Parker are both All Stars, and they were both on my ballot.

Parker is gaining a lot of respect around the NBA and his speed has gotten the notice of many coaches...

What hurts Parker more than anything is that some of his worst games have come in some of our biggest games...while Manu has a habit of shining in the marquee national games.

FWIW, if I have to pick between the two I go with Manu...

#1.Parker will have a lot more opportunities than Manu, because Manu is 5 years older than Parker.

#2.Manu is more of a prime time player...the bigger the game, the better Manu seems to play. Parker doesn't have that polish yet, although Parker is capable of dominating a game. On top of that Manu is a much more efficient shooter than Parker this season, and that's kind of a surprise to me. I expected Manu to be the high PCT shot guy with limited 3 ability...I expected Parker to turn into more of a shooter this season, mainly because Parker had a very respectable 3 point shot during the first 3 seasons of his career. Who knew that Manu would turn into the deadeye shooter and Parker would be the high PCT penetrator?

#3.Manu is fucking fun to watch...and I think that's the main reason he has as much high profile support as he does.

I think they are both All Stars...I think there is a chance both could make the roster since Peja, Kobe and Webber are battling through injuries...but if push comes to shove, I go with Manu for this season.

But just remember, in that LA playoff series from last year...in games 1 and 2...Tony Parker, not Manu, not Shaq, not Kobe, not Duncan, not Malone, not Payton, was the best player on the court. Tony Parker was the guy that made a 9 time champion coach, that hates to double team, double team him.

When the kid figures it out(FT shooting for example) he is going to be an absolute monster and a perennial AS...he just doesn't have it quite figured out yet...at least not to the degree that Manu does.

ALVAREZ6
02-04-2005, 09:25 PM
Manu will have many shots to come, think about it...If the Francis trade didn't go down, Manu would be in it.

Manu is competing in more skilled conference, with the best guards.

One of these times, ray, kobe, nash, or tmac could be traded.

I can already see T-Mac being traded again in the next 2 years. I would bet money on it.

Brodels
02-04-2005, 09:35 PM
I think both are borderline all stars, but it's just hard to imagine that three Spurs will make the team simply because the west is so deep and talented.

With so many good guards like Kobe, Allen, McGrady, Nash, and Bibby, it's just hard to imagine that both Parker and Manu would make it. I could see how you could argue that Parker or Manu should make it over Bibby, but to think that both of them will get in? It just seems like a stretch.

ALVAREZ6
02-04-2005, 09:37 PM
I don't think anyone really believes they will both make it, we just think it would kick ass.

Brodels
02-04-2005, 09:39 PM
Manu will have many shots to come, think about it...If the Francis trade didn't go down, Manu would be in it.

Manu is competing in more skilled conference, with the best guards.

One of these times, ray, kobe, nash, or tmac could be traded.

I can already see T-Mac being traded again in the next 2 years. I would bet money on it.

I think Manu will have other chances, too, but the rest of the conference isn't going to remain stagnant. TMac could possibly be traded and Allen could possibly bolt, but there are some other up-and-coming players that will present a challenge.

Several forwards and guards will challenge for spots in the next few years.

Melo has been a disappointment, but it's hard to imagine that he won't eventually be among the league's best at his position. Jason Richardson is solid and will get a shot someday. Rashard Lewis might get a shot. Kirilenko will be there. Andre Miller may even have a shot someday. Baron Davis could return to form.

There is just so much talent. Other players will keep getting better, too.

Rummpd
02-05-2005, 08:48 AM
What sucks is the system of how they pick the 7.

Amare should be picked as the center but Brad Miller will probably get it as that is how the ballot was done despite Amare playing at Center all season!! So those 2 plus Dirk and Nash are locks.

Now you got 3 spots. The coaches should just all be able to rate regardless of position as someone like Manu would do just fine at the SF.

My ideal 7 backups:

Amare
Nash
Dirk
Manu
Marion
Allen
Parker

Puts both Spurs on and is a very fast and athletic and fun to watch team = what the fans want!!!

I for one don't want to see any Kings on there but one will be on it guaranteed.

If Kobe doesn't play then put Bibby on for him or something like that. Let Stoj go to the 3 pointer and win that and do his pouting with Webber somewhere else.

MadDoc

Egg
02-05-2005, 08:50 AM
You're putting the fourth best SG in before the second best PG in the WC.

:rolleyes

anyone outside of SA would take bibby and baron davis before Parker...

smeagol
02-05-2005, 09:12 AM
:rolleyes

anyone outside of SA would take bibby and baron davis before Parker...
Baron Davis? for this year's ASG? Have you been smoking funny weed again?

The guy has played 17 games (35%) and started in only 13 in the current season, not to mention he palys for the worst temain te NBA.

Think again, huevo.

travis2
02-05-2005, 09:48 AM
What sucks is the system of how they pick the 7.

Amare should be picked as the center but Brad Miller will probably get it as that is how the ballot was done despite Amare playing at Center all season!! So those 2 plus Dirk and Nash are locks.

Now you got 3 spots. The coaches should just all be able to rate regardless of position as someone like Manu would do just fine at the SF.

My ideal 7 backups:

Amare
Nash
Dirk
Manu
Marion
Allen
Parker

Puts both Spurs on and is a very fast and athletic and fun to watch team = what the fans want!!!

I for one don't want to see any Kings on there but one will be on it guaranteed.

If Kobe doesn't play then put Bibby on for him or something like that. Let Stoj go to the 3 pointer and win that and do his pouting with Webber somewhere else.

MadDoc

No, this has been posted before! The reserves are chosen to fill positions, but the coaches are NOT locked into the positions listed on the ballot.

So Amare CAN be chosen as a center.

carolgino
02-05-2005, 09:51 AM
Baron Davis? for this year's ASG? Have you been smoking funny weed again?

The guy has played 17 games (35%) and started in only 13 in the current season, not to mention he palys for the worst temain te NBA.

Think again, huevo.not this season.but i agree that Baron Davis may come back in a few years..

TPCris09
02-05-2005, 01:21 PM
I think everyone is choosing Manu becuase he seems more like the realistic choice. I think he's going, but if TP went that would be more of a surprise. Which would be a great one, but Manu seems like he fits the All-star thing better. TP will be there soon enough, and it won't even be debatable if he should be going or not.

ShoogarBear
02-05-2005, 01:24 PM
No, I don't, which is obvious by your screen name. Read the post, I just don't see you putting the 4th best sg in front of the 2nd best pg. I more mad that nobody is trying to get both in, like phx, instead of one.

jcrod, you've just run into the typical wrath of the Church of Manu.

If you don't say their boy is the Greatest Ever, then you are a Hater.

MaNuMaNiAc
02-05-2005, 01:59 PM

I resent that man, I've already gotten a few of these remarks, and they're wrong. First of all, I was just stating something that appeared to me was true, however, I may have been mistaken and jcrod DOES like both of them. I like Manu for several reasons, I like Parker for several reasons, I'm not saying either is a better player, although its no secret I LIKE Manu better, but that's just my opinion, not a fact.

1Parker1
02-05-2005, 03:04 PM

haha. That is very true Shoogar. Although, you have to give Manu fans credit for being loyal...biased....but definitely loyal. :)

In reality, I am betting that neither of them makes the ASG, which would will make all these manu vs tony arguments moot.