PDA

View Full Version : Another brawl at the palace (WNBA Sparks vs. Shocks)

TheMadHatter
07-22-2008, 09:42 PM
Is this place cursed or what? Seems to be some evil African spirits in this building inciting all kinds of violence.

8byDuffK-BY

mardigan
07-22-2008, 09:46 PM
Nice take down by Parker

Heath Ledger
07-22-2008, 09:56 PM
chick is wearing #23 she obviously has some uber ego.

BruceBowenFan
07-22-2008, 10:00 PM
i thought i never see this in the wnba

ThunderStix®
07-22-2008, 10:08 PM
God i'm mad at Plenette Pierson. :bang

The Shock lost more than just a game, they may have just lost their season considering Cheryl Ford injured her knee in the brawl trying to hold Plenette back. she had to be taken out in a wheel chair. :depressed

freedom&justice
07-22-2008, 10:09 PM
Gotta feel bad for Cheryl Ford (who was not involved in the melee). She's injured (right knee, different from the one she hurt last time) and she goes and tries to break it up and then has to get wheeled out on a wheelchair. :depressed And what is up with punching people in the back? Lisa looked like she just tripped over her own feet.

Showtime24 LAKERS
07-22-2008, 10:11 PM
Don't mess with the LA gangs!

Fillmoe
07-22-2008, 10:14 PM
gay....

angelbelow
07-22-2008, 10:18 PM
haha

Indazone
07-22-2008, 10:30 PM
Is this place cursed or what? Seems to be some evil African spirits in this building inciting all kinds of violence.

8byDuffK-BY

Well at least one of em didn't go up in the stands to start throwing punches

rAm
07-22-2008, 10:31 PM
I think the sad part is that you were actually watching a WNBA game.

E20
07-22-2008, 10:31 PM
Pretty fucking sad.

JamStone
07-22-2008, 10:32 PM
LOL, girls fighting... cool

Yeah, Pierson lost her cool, and it might end up costing the Detroit Shock because Ford got injured when she was holding her back. But, also, WNBA postergirl Candace Parker was no angel either. She was noticeably peeved by the physicality and she had her share of blame in how the incident escalated.

LMAO @ that one chick punching Rick Mahorn in the back. Uhhh hello, that guy is literally three times your size. Mahorn did push Leslie, but it looked as though he was just trying to break things up and pull players apart. Leslie tried to make it sound like he just pushed her for no reason. Pretty apparent his motives were not malicious. I mean look at him. If he wanted to hurt a bitch, he could hurt a bitch.

Funny yet disturbing events for women's basketball.

JamStone
07-22-2008, 10:33 PM

They just showed highlights on Sportscenter.

Kriz-Maxima
07-22-2008, 10:39 PM
LOL, girls fighting... cool

Yeah, Pierson lost her cool, and it might end up costing the Detroit Shock because Ford got injured when she was holding her back. But, also, WNBA postergirl Candace Parker was no angel either. She was noticeably peeved by the physicality and she had her share of blame in how the incident escalated.

LMAO @ that one chick punching Rick Mahorn in the back. Uhhh hello, that guy is literally three times your size. Mahorn did push Leslie, but it looked as though he was just trying to break things up and pull players apart. Leslie tried to make it sound like he just pushed her for no reason. Pretty apparent his motives were not malicious. I mean look at him. If he wanted to hurt a bitch, he could hurt a bitch.

Funny yet disturbing events for women's basketball.

Agreed, especially about Mahorn. People are acting like he went there to beat up on women, he was just trying to break the fight up.

I have noticed Candace doesnt handle physicality well, its not the first game she has seemed shaken by it.

ThunderStix®
07-22-2008, 10:45 PM

:rolleyes

tp2021
07-22-2008, 10:54 PM
Link to the AP article
http://sports.yahoo.com/wnba/recap?gid=20080722010&prov=ap

tp2021
07-22-2008, 10:55 PM
WNBA
Expect Great

koopa
07-22-2008, 11:06 PM
lesbian fights are boring

JamStone
07-22-2008, 11:17 PM
Mahorn is a recognized bully/coward who obviously took the opportunity to join a brawl... girls or no girls. His fat ass passed the entire Detroit team to get his hands on one of the Sparks players that were on the other half of the court. I like how the media defended the dyke butch who threw Parker to the floor then put her croch in her face while another dyke butch dove on her while she was still on the ground, but at the same time found a way to use deceptive words to minimize what Mahorn did. You have to be a fool to believe that Leslie tripped over her own two feet and flew 5ft away from where she was standing... nice call. Aside from those two dyke announcers who downplayed what the Detroit team did to instigate this, the only thing that upset me more was Cooper NOT punching Mahorn in the face for throwing Leslie to the floor. Im glad Karl Malone daughter got hurt. She was the dyke that started the whole raucus the previous play.

LMAO...

If Mahorn wanted to hurt Lisa Leslie, he would have HURT Lisa Leslie. Come on now. He got punched in the back by that other Sparks player. He didn't even flinch or make a move to defend himself. You gotta be warped to not understand that Mahorn was trying to break things up. He was still in the wrong for putting his hands on Leslie, but he wasn't just trying to push her just to push her. He was trying to break shit up.

And, yeah that one Shock player was definitely in the wrong for walking over to Parker and talking shit. But, don't make it seem like Candace Parker was completely innocent in the matter. After getting bumped on the box out, she dragged the other chick down. And, Candace also pulled her down when she walked over to her.

Pretty much there was wrongdoing by both sides and to paint it one-sided is being biased.

Vinnie_Johnson
07-22-2008, 11:27 PM
This was all just staged to get some ratings it's all just bullshit. Wake up how else could the WNBA get top billing on ESPN.:bang

SequSpur
07-22-2008, 11:56 PM
lmao... the WNBA is fukin gay..... Solid D is a big fan though.... homo...

emo serb
07-23-2008, 12:02 AM
Mahorn is a recognized bully/coward who obviously took the opportunity to join a brawl... girls or no girls. His fat ass passed the entire Detroit team to get his hands on one of the Sparks players that were on the other half of the court. I like how the media defended the dyke butch who threw Parker to the floor then put her croch in her face while another dyke butch dove on her while she was still on the ground, but at the same time found a way to use deceptive words to minimize what Mahorn did. You have to be a fool to believe that Leslie tripped over her own two feet and flew 5ft away from where she was standing... nice call. Aside from those two dyke announcers who downplayed what the Detroit team did to instigate this, the only thing that upset me more was Cooper NOT punching Mahorn in the face for throwing Leslie to the floor. Im glad Karl Malone daughter got hurt. She was the dyke that started the whole raucus the previous play.
your a douche for actually caring this much.

Vinnie_Johnson
07-23-2008, 12:03 AM
lmao... the WNBA is fukin gay..... Solid D is a big fan though.... homo...

+1 :lmao

redraiderinfiji
07-23-2008, 12:33 AM

you are a douche!

Yeah its funny as shit.....but thats all it is....the wnba is a crap league that will one day fold.

Spurtacus
07-23-2008, 01:39 AM
Some of these girls really need to get boned. Too uptight.

Kobe24Forever
07-23-2008, 01:40 AM
mahorn just wanted a piece of leslie's tits, i did trip myself too if that fat fuck wanted to touch me the wrong way.

StoneCutter
07-23-2008, 01:43 AM
No one ever said Parker was innocent. My whole point was those two dyke announcers were deflecting the blame away from the Detroit team and Mahorn. Its obvious that Mahorn could hurt a little female, the average boy can too, but even a fool can see Mahorn went way overboard with his actions, just as he always have. The girl that hit Mahorn in the back was only defending her teammate after Mahorn threw her to the ground. You name me one time there has been a fight on a court with Mahorn present and he was not the center of attention. Pictures dont lie my man. Jam, would you accept your mother being thrown down like this...

http://msn.foxsports.com/wnba/pgStory?contentId=8369750#sport=WNBA&photo=8368618

One of the commentators said several times that she thought the Detroit player (the player boxing out) was most at fault. As another poster said, your comments show that your are biased.

There are several things that lead to this incident.

Parker overacted on a previous play when Ford tied her up after a rebound.
The ref's overturned a call that would have given Detroit the ball. I am not saying the call was wrong, but the ref's lost control of this game earlier. The way the call was handled added to the tension. The Detroit player boxing out Parker overdid it and Parker threw her down. The Detroit player got up and walked through Parker as she was getting up (she will probably get the largest penalty). Mahorn went out as a peacemaker with his arms extended to separate players (he didn't go way overboard as you put it). He didn't throw her down. I was a big fan of Parker's when she was in Tennessee, but as Leslie said after the game...players need to play hard without resorting to fighting.

Hopefully Ford will be ok. It's bad publicity for the WNBA, but if these two teams meet in the Finals it will generate more interest then most WNBA finals would.

emo serb
07-23-2008, 02:04 AM
mahorn just wanted a piece of leslie's tits, i did trip myself too if that fat fuck wanted to touch me the wrong way.
...but theres nothing there for him to touch...

turiaf for president
07-23-2008, 02:50 AM
right or wrong. whoever started the fight, mahorn should not be on the court pushing/touching the female players. was he trying to hurt leslie? no prolly not. if he wanted to he coulda done great damage. did he put his hands on her which led to her falling down? YES. no way shape or form should that be condoned in the league. can u picture a male coach in a hs game putting his hands on an opposing player and causing her to fall? instantly fired.

im not a fan of the wnba. dont follow it dont care. but that was ridiculous.

spurs_fan_in_exile
07-23-2008, 03:10 AM

Why does it have to be African spirits causing the problem? Huh?

http://wonkette.com/assets/resources/2008/03/ThatsRacist.gif

redraiderinfiji
07-23-2008, 05:34 AM
What is lost in this was that the Sparks put up a better fight than the Lakers did in the Finals.

Yes...............tis quite true

Obstructed_View
07-23-2008, 05:49 AM
I have noticed Candace doesnt handle physicality well, its not the first game she has seemed shaken by it.

Pampered star players rarely handle physicality or tough defense well. See Bowen, Bruce.

Obstructed_View
07-23-2008, 05:50 AM
Lakaluva trolling on a WNBA thread. :lmao

JamStone
07-23-2008, 07:14 AM
right or wrong. whoever started the fight, mahorn should not be on the court pushing/touching the female players. was he trying to hurt leslie? no prolly not. if he wanted to he coulda done great damage. did he put his hands on her which led to her falling down? YES. no way shape or form should that be condoned in the league. can u picture a male coach in a hs game putting his hands on an opposing player and causing her to fall? instantly fired.

im not a fan of the wnba. dont follow it dont care. but that was ridiculous.

These aren't high school athletes. These are 6-4 professional athletes in the middle of a brawl. He was trying to separate players. I don't condone what Mahorn did, particularly because he should have focused on his own players, but there isn't really a protocol or etiquette when you're talking about breaking up a brawl. When separating people fighting, you're going to have to put your hands on players. Laimbeer did, the male referees did, Michael Cooper did. It's somehow different with Mahorn because Lisa Leslie fell down and well she's Lisa Leslie. That's just b.s. Mahorn should have been separating his own players. But, anyone can see he wasn't trying to hurt anyone but rather trying to break things up.

JamStone
07-23-2008, 07:20 AM
No one ever said Parker was innocent. My whole point was those two dyke announcers were deflecting the blame away from the Detroit team and Mahorn. Its obvious that Mahorn could hurt a little female, the average boy can too, but even a fool can see Mahorn went way overboard with his actions, just as he always have. The girl that hit Mahorn in the back was only defending her teammate after Mahorn threw her to the ground. You name me one time there has been a fight on a court with Mahorn present and he was not the center of attention. Pictures dont lie my man. Jam, would you accept your mother being thrown down like this...

You see it from one angle. I think the ESPN announcers were mostly fair, and if anything put a bad light on Mahorn especially in the Sportscenter segment where they basically pondered what Mahorn's intentions were, as if he intended anything malicious.

Mahonr wasn't right in touching Leslie. But, to say Mahorn went overboard is overreacting. Everyone was going overboard. It was a brawl. They weren't having tea and crackers. High emotion, fighting, clawing among 8 or players, you have to take action to separate them. That's not overboard. That's taking necessary action to stop it. As for the girl that punched Mahorn in the back, isn't that going overboard?

Mahorn played peacemaker at the Palace brawl with Ron Artest when he pulled Artest off of the fans. He wasn't trying to be the center of attention. He was trying to stop the fight.

As for my mother being pushed down, my mother isn't a 6-foot-4 professional athlete and has never been in the middle of a fight. You can't use an example like that when it is irrelevant to what happened. If your mom was a professional athlete and was in the middle of a brawl, would you be surprised if she was thrown down at some point?

I. Hustle
07-23-2008, 07:49 AM
http://cover6.cduniverse.com/MuzeVideoArt/72/173472.jpg

monosylab1k
07-23-2008, 08:07 AM
I'm guessing they didn't know this would be such a big deal because they thought nobody was watching.

sa_butta
07-23-2008, 08:34 AM
oE4s3C93Ex4

better quality.

lefty
07-23-2008, 08:42 AM

Considering the "Sterning" in the NBA, I think WNBA games are more entertaining

lefty
07-23-2008, 08:43 AM
I'm guessing they didn't know this would be such a big deal because they thought nobody was watching.

:lol

BlackSwordsMan
07-23-2008, 08:58 AM
black people and their pumas

Vinnie_Johnson
07-23-2008, 10:34 AM
Classic made up brawl notice how the only punch thrown was the one that hit Mahorn in the back.

JamStone
07-23-2008, 10:51 AM
Candace Parker actually threw a couple punches at Pierson when the two went to the floor.

Vinnie_Johnson
07-23-2008, 10:57 AM
Candace Parker actually threw a couple punches at Pierson when the two went to the floor.

Thanks I must have missed that. I take back my faked it post. lol:lmao

manufor3
07-23-2008, 12:55 PM
Thanks I must have missed that. I take back my faked it post. lol:lmao

lol :lol

Guajalote
07-23-2008, 02:02 PM
THE END OF THE WORLD IS NEAR!!! Bill Laimbeer is actually breaking up a fight. :wow

samikeyp
07-23-2008, 02:36 PM
first players leaving early from college and now a bench-clearing fight.....guess they really do want to be like the NBA after all. :lol

nil.ball
07-23-2008, 03:02 PM
just add water!

j/k
lol at least this is real, unlikely the danica patrick's fake kitty fight...

Red Hawk #21
07-23-2008, 04:55 PM
I don't give a f what anyone says I watch the Detroit Shock play and I enjoy them play, I also like the Sparks too. Im very disappointed that this happened.

Showtime24 LAKERS
07-23-2008, 04:57 PM
Mahorn should get fined and suspended from the professional sports for the rest of his life...you don't push a female like Leslie aka the queen of LA like that....i dont care for what reason...just can't!

JamStone
07-23-2008, 05:01 PM
Get a grip. He didn't push Lisa Leslie. He extended his arms to prevent her from going back into the pile where the others were still fighting and possibly jumping on one of his players. And if you watched the replay, Lisa Leslie was swinging at Mahorn to boot. Mahorn used poor judgment, but he didn't push Leslie. He was trying to break up the fight.

How many games should Candace Parker get for throwing two punches?

JamStone
07-23-2008, 05:09 PM
Also, if you watch the video, Michael Cooper did the same exact thing pushing Detroit Shock players back once the fight broke out. What's your stance on Michael Cooper putting his hands on Detroit players?

http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/video/videopage?videoId=3501154&categoryId=2378529

Kriz-Maxima
07-23-2008, 05:10 PM
LA fans are pussies when it comes to the NBA it shouldn't be a surprise they are bigger pussies when it comes to the WNBA.

ThunderStix®
07-23-2008, 05:54 PM
I don't give a f what anyone says I watch the Detroit Shock play and I enjoy them play, I also like the Sparks too. Im very disappointed that this happened.

I'm glad someone can appreciate the WNBA.

I've said it before, they're not as good as the men, but the quality of the league has improved greatly over the last few years.

It took the NBA a long time to reach the level it has today, and maybe
someday, the women will be just as good as the men. maybe.

I'm a guy, and the Pistons will always be my first team, but I like the Shock a lot too, they play hard every night win or lose.

It was great to be at the Championship game in 2006.

Red Hawk #21
07-23-2008, 06:06 PM
I'm glad someone can appreciate the WNBA.

I've said it before, they're not as good as the men, but the quality of the league has improved greatly over the last few years.

It took the NBA a long time to reach the level it has today, and maybe
someday, the women will be just as good as the men. maybe.

I'm a guy, and the Pistons will always be my first team, but I like the Shock a lot too, they play hard every night win or lose.

It was great to be at the Championship game in 2006.

:toast. Exactly, those women aren't nearly as good as the men but you can see they are playing with heart in that league. That is why I can enjoy their games. I also watched that series in 2006 vs Sacramento when the Shock won their title. I was very proud, I think they would have beat phoenix last year if Cheryl ford was completely healthy.

ThunderStix®
07-23-2008, 06:46 PM
:toast. Exactly, those women aren't nearly as good as the men but you can see they are playing with heart in that league. That is why I can enjoy their games. I also watched that series in 2006 vs Sacramento when the Shock won their title. I was very proud, I think they would have beat phoenix last year if Cheryl ford was completely healthy.

I agree.

Unfortunately, I witnessed game five in person. what a bummer. :depressed

LakeShow
07-23-2008, 09:02 PM
Also, if you watch the video, Michael Cooper did the same exact thing pushing Detroit Shock players back once the fight broke out. What's your stance on Michael Cooper putting his hands on Detroit players?

http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/video/videopage?videoId=3501154&categoryId=2378529

My stance is thats a bunch of bullshit! The only one Cooper pushed was the referee trying to break up the fight. He was extending his arms trying to get space between the players. Mahorn faced up to Leslie one on one and pushed her with two hands knocking her down. Did he mean to? I doubt it but he did and he should think before using force on an inferior woman. He should be suspended!

It was good to see the girls show heart in coming to the aid of their team mate against a much bigger man in Mahorn than them put together. LA HEART!!!

JamStone
07-23-2008, 09:19 PM
You weren't watching it objectively then. Michael Cooper did the same thing Mahorn did. Put his hands on Detroit players to keep them at bay. The Detroit players didn't fall down though. Mahorn did not push or shove. He extended his arms out, just like Cooper, to prevent Leslie from getting back into the pile. Leslie tripped over herself anyway. She wasn't pushed down. And, she was swinging at Mahorn to get back into the pile when she did fall down.

I don't condone any man getting physical on a woman in anger. This wasn't one of those cases. It was an extreme incident and Mahorn was trying to get players from making things worse. Mahorn should have worried more about his Detroit players. Same can be said of Cooper. In that regard, they used poor judgment. But, neither was wrong in terms of having malicious intent or in trying to break up the fight. If you think so, you're fucking retarded.

turiaf for president
07-23-2008, 09:33 PM
These aren't high school athletes. These are 6-4 professional athletes in the middle of a brawl. He was trying to separate players. I don't condone what Mahorn did, particularly because he should have focused on his own players, but there isn't really a protocol or etiquette when you're talking about breaking up a brawl. When separating people fighting, you're going to have to put your hands on players. Laimbeer did, the male referees did, Michael Cooper did. It's somehow different with Mahorn because Lisa Leslie fell down and well she's Lisa Leslie. That's just b.s. Mahorn should have been separating his own players. But, anyone can see he wasn't trying to hurt anyone but rather trying to break things up.

u just made my point. that was why it WAS different. u wanna break up a fight seperate your own players. i didnt see cooper pushing any opposing players. mahorn faced up leslie and pushed her with enough force to FALL DOWN. did he push her hard? who knows but it was hard enough for her to fall down. mahorn is 6'10" and 350 pounds man. high school athletes or pro's a female is a female. i dont know if your married but imagine if leslie was ure wife. how pissed are you today? id be fukin pissed.

im not defending coop or bill or any of the refs. and even mahorn was prolly trying to keep the players from fighting more but the result of coop and bill's intervention was NO ONE FELL TO ON THE GROUND. result of mahorn?........

keep in mind this wasnt the first time he was involved in this. yea he was a bad boy in the 80's but he was also an announcer in the artest brawl and he went up to the stands to break it up. funny how trouble follows his fat ass around

JamStone
07-23-2008, 09:42 PM
u just made my point. that was why it WAS different. u wanna break up a fight seperate your own players. i didnt see cooper pushing any opposing players. mahorn faced up leslie and pushed her with enough force to FALL DOWN. did he push her hard? who knows but it was hard enough for her to fall down. mahorn is 6'10" and 350 pounds man. high school athletes or pro's a female is a female. i dont know if your married but imagine if leslie was ure wife. how pissed are you today? id be fukin pissed.

im not defending coop or bill or any of the refs. and even mahorn was prolly trying to keep the players from fighting more but the result of coop and bill's intervention was NO ONE FELL TO ON THE GROUND. result of mahorn?........

keep in mind this wasnt the first time he was involved in this. yea he was a bad boy in the 80's but he was also an announcer in the artest brawl and he went up to the stands to break it up. funny how trouble follows his fat ass around

Cooper did push Detroit players away. I already mentioned it in this thread. When the fight broke out, Cooper went in and pushed two Detroit players away. Not hard, not maliciously. But, Cooper also extended his arms and was touching Detroit players the same way Mahorn did.

So much for your point.

And, if you read this thread, you wouldn't have made the point about my wife. My wife isn't a 6-foot-5 professional athlete in the middle of a fight. You can't compare. If I was married to a 6-foot-5 professional women's basketball player and a fight broke out and she fell to the ground in the middle of that fight, I'd be upset, but I would understand that it was in the middle of a fight. Extenuating circumstances. High emotion. There was a lot of physical contact among a lot of people. I would be upset that the fight occurred. I wouldn't be upset that she fell on the ground. Stop trying to compare this situation with a person's wife or mother or sister or daughter who isn't a professional basketball player. It's a horrible analogy.

As for the Artest comment. Again, stupid to even bring up. Mahorn went into the stands and restrained Artest to stop him from throwing punches. That actually supports how Mahorn shouldn't be viewed in a negative way in this instance.

Kriz-Maxima
07-23-2008, 09:49 PM
I agree.

Unfortunately, I witnessed game five in person. what a bummer. :depressed

I like the Shock too, they are one of the better team of the league and they play with a lot of passion. They are tough girls, Detroit style.

turiaf for president
07-23-2008, 09:50 PM
Cooper did push Detroit players away. I already mentioned it in this thread. When the fight broke out, Cooper went in and pushed two Detroit players away. Not hard, not maliciously. But, Cooper also extended his arms and was touching Detroit players the same way Mahorn did.

So much for your point.

And, if you read this thread, you wouldn't have made the point about my wife. My wife isn't a 6-foot-5 professional athlete in the middle of a fight. You can't compare. If I was married to a 6-foot-5 professional women's basketball player and a fight broke out and she fell to the ground in the middle of that fight, I'd be upset, but I would understand that it was in the middle of a fight. Extenuating circumstances. High emotion. There was a lot of physical contact among a lot of people. I would be upset that the fight occurred. I wouldn't be upset that she fell on the ground. Stop trying to compare this situation with a person's wife or mother or sister or daughter who isn't a professional basketball player. It's a horrible analogy.

As for the Artest comment. Again, stupid to even bring up. Mahorn went into the stands and restrained Artest to stop him from throwing punches. That actually supports how Mahorn shouldn't be viewed in a negative way in this instance.

nope disagree. none of the players he pushed fell down. look at mahorns follow through and the way leslie is falling

http://thestartingfive.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/c8ef57b2-c6d5-4953-8199-6a84ae2d6cdd1.jpg

hell look at his facial expression!

http://thestartingfive.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/d928af0d-e774-4efd-a1c4-3ca07b5679a71.jpg

picture is worth a thousand words.

about your point that ure wife isnt 6'5". when the man pushing ure wife is 200 pounds heavier than your wife i dont care who is it under any circumstances. that man is getting his arse kicked

JamStone
07-23-2008, 09:56 PM
Honestly, you need to get a grip. First of all, Lisa Leslie was swinging on Rick Mahorn when he was trying to prevent her from getting back into the pile.

In the second picture, that Sparks player had just pushed him with both hands in the back and was about to punch him. Think about that before criticizing his "facial expression."

A picture might be worth a thousand words. The story is several thousands words long. The actual video tells the story.

I'm not condoning what Mahorn did. He should have been worrying about his players. But not only was his actions not malicious, they were well intended, with the intent to break up the fight.

Again, Mahorn did NOT push Leslie. He was trying to prevent her from going back into the fight. If you run towards a wall and then hit it, you might fall down. Did the wall push you down?

LakeShow
07-23-2008, 10:16 PM
What's fucking retarded is trying to compare what Cooper did to what Mahorn did. I already stated that I didn't think Mahorn was trying to do what he did but the facts remain that he did! I call bullshit on Leslie swinging on Mahorn, Mahorn was in her face like she was another man and she was trying to get him off of her. Which is what happens when confronted by an opposing player/coach during the heat of battle. Cooper was extended his arms to keep everyone away from each other, the same thing that Mahorn was doing earlier in the brawl. Why he chose to face up on Leslie is the question. It was no need for him to rare up on Leslie, which is what he did.

JamStone
07-23-2008, 10:22 PM
What's fucking retarded is trying to compare what Cooper did to what Mahorn did. I already stated that I didn't think Mahorn was trying to do what he did but the facts remain that he did! I call bullshit on Leslie swinging on Mahorn, Mahorn was in her face like she was another man and she was trying to get him off of her. Which is what happens when confronted by an opposing player/coach during the heat of battle. Cooper was extended his arms to keep everyone away from each other, the same thing that Mahorn was doing earlier in the brawl. Why he chose to face up on Leslie is the question. It was no need for him to rare up on Leslie, which is what he did.

Leslie swung on Mahorn and actually connected. Mahorn did have his hands on Leslie trying to keep her away, and she swung on him, and Mahorn did have his arms extended so the contact did cause Leslie to fall backwards.

Leslie swings and punches on Mahorn clear as day.

ANL3JEda7wA&feature=related

As for why Mahorn was facing up on Leslie, I watched the video again and more closely. When Mahorn got into the pile to break it up, Leslie was running to get back in the pile and she had her hands on one of the Detroit players. Mahorn was getting Leslie off of one of his players.

I. Hustle
07-23-2008, 10:25 PM
http://www.thespoof.com/sitepics/pdi/13407-4206Uncleimus.jpg

turiaf for president
07-23-2008, 10:29 PM
nope but the wall doesnt have hands that follow through as shown in the picture.

you say the socal people are looking at it from a nonobjective point of view. i think u are the one being not looking at an objective point of view.

FACT mahon's actions caused a player to fall.
how can u say he didnt push leslie? look at the first pic. look at his hands follow throughing. look at the way leslie is falling. if she was falling on her own she would be falling head and shoulder first. its the cause someone pushed her chest that her torso is concave like that.

we can agree to disagree. all i know is i can guarantee you the mahorn will get suspended and probably the steepest punishment too.

Kriz-Maxima
07-23-2008, 10:33 PM
Are you even looking at the video, Mahorn clearly went to separate Lisa Leslie from Katie Smith, he gets between them but Leslie keeps going forward. Even Milton Jones was trying to hold her back.

JamStone
07-23-2008, 10:34 PM
Mahorn's extended arm absolutely played a role in Leslie falling. But, he did not push or shove her. He had his arm extended to try to prevent her from getting back into the pile. He did not shove or push her down. He was walking her back, and she swung on him, his arm extended straightened out and that plus her own actions caused her to fall.

Mahorn was doing the same thing Cooper was doing. The reason the Detroit players Cooper was holding back didn't fall down to the ground was because two of those players were pulling one player back already. Lisa Leslie was aggressively trying to get back into the pile moving forward. She met a big man. She swung. He extended his arm to hold her back. She falls back.

Watch the video I posted.

LakeShow
07-23-2008, 11:20 PM
Mahorn's extended arm absolutely played a role in Leslie falling. But, he did not push or shove her. He had his arm extended to try to prevent her from getting back into the pile. He did not shove or push her down. He was walking her back, and she swung on him, his arm extended straightened out and that plus her own actions caused her to fall.

Mahorn was doing the same thing Cooper was doing. The reason the Detroit players Cooper was holding back didn't fall down to the ground was because two of those players were pulling one player back already. Lisa Leslie was aggressively trying to get back into the pile moving forward. She met a big man. She swung. He extended his arm to hold her back. She falls back.

Watch the video I posted.

That is a better video of the brawl.That video does show what looks like leslie swiping at Mahorns arms, imo to get him to let go of her and it clearly shows that Mahorn pushed her down with force, not much but enough to knock her on her ass.

He was the only non player ejected so obviously they saw something that we can't see.

JamStone
07-23-2008, 11:45 PM
Extended his arm while she took a swing at Mahorn. Tell me if someone takes a swing to punch you, are you going to just let them hit you? If he wanted to use force, he would have SHOVED her down. He was holding her back. And, when she swung at him, he extended his arm. It wasn't a push. It wasn't a shove.

You want to characterize Leslie's actions as a "swiping" at Mahorn's arms to get him to let go. But, you can't see why he would extend his arm out when she swings at him?

Come on now.

BlackSwordsMan
07-24-2008, 01:17 AM
Leslie is a terrible actress. She must have been watching nash on youtube cause she flew for no reason.

GaryJohnston
07-24-2008, 06:32 AM
LA fans are pussies when it comes to the NBA it shouldn't be a surprise they are bigger pussies when it comes to the WNBA.

True.

And it was more Leslie losing her footing and falling on her ass than anything. Anyonne(L.A. fans) who can't see that is an idiot.

Parker now knows there are some hard core bitches in the Wnba. She'll think twice from now on.

JamStone
07-24-2008, 09:56 AM
Dude, are you blind? Now Mahorn is the victim? The vid that you posted clearly shows that Mahorn walked pass all of the Detroit players and past half court to pull back the Sparks players. Mahorn stepped in between Leslie and another girl and Mahorn grabbed her by the CHEST... not to push her, but to seperate her. Leslie obviously took offense to him grabbing her in the chest area and she swung her fist down on his hands, and Mahorn reacted as if she was trying to hit him by pushing her back... I understand his instincts, but he overreacted by shoving her down; he could have easily took his hands off her and backed up like Cooper did. Your whole running into a wall analogy is rediculous. Its impossible to run into a wall and get thrown back 5ft from the wall, but I dont know... maybe they have rubber walls in Detroit. And also, trying to claim Mahorn is a peacemaker is worse than saying Artest is insane!!! IF Mahorn accidently pushed her down, or "extended his arms" as Jam says, then he should have had no problem helping her up, or how about apologizing; NBA players accidentally elbow and knock each other around all the time and say... "my bad" or help the other player up, but thats far from Mahorns character. His facial expressions showed no remorse, infact, if it wasnt for that white female coach restraining him, he would have turned and hit the girl that hit him in the back... his intentions were written all over his face.

Honestly, you're an idiot.

I didn't call Mahorn a victim. I explained his facial expression. Trying to break up a fight and being pushed and punched in the back, is he supposed to be smiling? Fucking retarded to talk about his facial expression as if that explains his intent as he is being attacked from behind.

Mahorn did try to hold back the Sparks players. When he first got into the pile, Lisa Leslie had her hands on two Shock players. Mahorn was taking Leslie off of his players. Leslie wasn't having it and was trying to get back into the pile. Mahorn was trying to hold her back. Yes he extended his arm and that played a role in her falling back. But he did not push or shove her down.

Lisa Leslie clearly swung at Mahorn. That's what made Mahorn extend his arm further. If a person swings on you, you don't take your hands back so the punch can hit you. Cooper didn't take his hands back. The Shock players he had his hands on were pulling back themselves. If they were moving forward to get back in the pile, Cooper would have held them off the same way Mahorn did Leslie.

Mahorn did walk towards Leslie as she fell down and he probably was going to try to help her up. That's when the Sparks coach grabbed him and that other Sparks player pushed and punched him in the back. How is he going to help her up when he's being held and attacked? He didn't apologize or say "my bad" because he knew he didn't push her. He didn't push her or shove her therefore he didn't say "my bad." Simple enough to understand except for some of you LA fans.

Enough with the facial expression shit. If someone shoves you from behind and punches you. You're not going to look happy. WTF is his facial expression supposed to look like.

And as for the video you posted underneath that post, I didn't even watch it. It was a video 20 years ago as Mahorn the player. Has nothing to do with what happened the other night and you know it.

remingtonbo2001
07-24-2008, 11:37 AM
Here goes the real Mahorn. Laimbeer shoved a ball down his throat, and Edwards choked him like a little bitch, and Mahorn didnt show half the aggression that he did when facing a female... what a bitch!!!

BGr55xDXVFw

Go to the 6:00 mark.

That guy has a massive mullet.

LakeShow
07-24-2008, 01:21 PM
WNBA Announces Penalties
From Shock-Sparks Game
Posted Jul 24 2008 1:47PM

NEW YORK, July 24, 2008 – In response to the events at Tuesday's game between the Detroit Shock and the Los Angeles Sparks, WNBA President Donna Orender issued the following statement:

"The WNBA and its players represent all that is good about sports: passion, hard work and sacrifice. On a nightly basis our players display extraordinary skill, athleticism and competitive fire. The events Tuesday, however, were inexcusable and in no way indicative of what the league stands for. We hold our players to a very high standard and these suspensions should serve notice that the behavior exhibited at the end of Tuesday’s game will not be tolerated.”
The suspensions follow:

Shock forward Plenette Pierson (http://www.wnba.com/playerfile/plenette_pierson/index.html) has been suspended for four games for her actions that initiated and escalated the altercation.
Shock assistant coach Rick Mahorn has been suspended for two games for escalating the altercation.
Shock center Kara Braxton (http://www.wnba.com/playerfile/kara_braxton/index.html) has been suspended for one game for leaving the area of the bench during an on-court altercation.
Shock forward Tasha Humphrey (http://www.wnba.com/playerfile/tasha_humphrey/index.html) has been suspended for one game for leaving the area of the bench during an on-court altercation.
Shock guard Elaine Powell (http://www.wnba.com/playerfile/elaine_powell/index.html) has been suspended for one game for leaving the area of the bench during an on-court altercation.
Shock forward Sheri Sam (http://www.wnba.com/playerfile/sheri_sam/index.html) has been suspended for one game for leaving the area of the bench during an on-court altercation.
Sparks guard Shannon Bobbitt (http://www.wnba.com/playerfile/shannon_bobbitt/index.html) has been suspended for two games for leaving the area of the bench and becoming physically involved in an on-court altercation.
Sparks guard Murriel Page (http://www.wnba.com/playerfile/murriel_page/index.html) has been suspended for two games for leaving the area of the bench and becoming physically involved in an on-court altercation.
Sparks center Lisa Leslie (http://www.wnba.com/playerfile/lisa_leslie/index.html) has been suspended for one game for throwing a punch.
Sparks forward DeLisha Milton-Jones (http://www.wnba.com/playerfile/delisha_milton/index.html) has been suspended for one game for throwing a punch.
Sparks forward Candace Parker (http://www.wnba.com/playerfile/candace_parker/index.html) has been suspended for one game for throwing a punch.
As is league policy, in order to enable the Shock and Sparks to dress the minimum number of players (eight) for games affected by the penalties, the dates on which players will begin serving their suspensions will be staggered.
Pierson and Mahorn will begin serving their respective suspensions with tonight's game at Houston. Braxton and Humphrey will serve their suspensions tonight as well. Sam will serve her suspension on July 27, when the Shock hosts San Antonio. Powell is injured and will serve her suspension at a later date after being medically cleared to play. Bobbitt will begin serving her suspension with tonight’s game at Connecticut. Leslie, Milton-Jones and Parker will serve their suspensions tonight as well. Page will begin serving her suspension on July 25 when the Sparks visit New York.

JamStone
07-24-2008, 02:59 PM
Acceptable suspensions on the Detroit players. But, apparently as long as you didn't initiate the fight, you can throw punches and only get a one game suspension. Lisa Leslie, Candace Parker, and Delisha Milton Jones all threw punches in the brawl and each only get one game?

Yeah ok.

Pistons < Spurs
07-24-2008, 08:30 PM
How the hell did Candace Parker only get 1 freakin game? What a bunch of BS. Gotdamn superstar treatment.....

nickdakoolkat
07-24-2008, 09:56 PM
Cat Fight!!!!!!!!!!!

JamStone
07-24-2008, 10:11 PM
You responded just like a little bitch. You must be related to Mahorn. Mahorn is a bitch too. In your earlier post you claim Mahorn didnt even feel the girl hitting him, now you trying to justify that stupid ass look he got on his face like he's shitting in his pants... get over it man, or should I say she-man? I posted the other video to show that Mahorn showed more restraint while being confronted by two dudes that REALLY assaulted his fat ass, as opposed to what a weak ass female did to him. Now you bitching and moaning just like that sissy Laimbeer about the suspensions. Get over it and enjoy watching that modern day freak show that you thugs are about to display in Detroit.

Listen to your backassward logic. Mahorn couldn't feel a punch to his back by a woman so her punching him is all right. His look had nothing to do with his intent. That was the point. He just got pushed in the back. How the fuck is his facial expression supposed to look like?

Now personal attacks? Nice.

I had not one problem with any of the suspensions on the Detroit players or Mahorn. I have a problem that players can throw punches and only get one game. Period.

You're a complete ass.