PDA

View Full Version : Lebron Injured

rAm
07-22-2008, 10:23 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/oly/olybb/news/story?id=3500945

AS VEGAS -- As Team USA's practice ended, LeBron James reclined on a table with trainers tending to his sprained right ankle.

A horde of television cameramen surrounded James and the trainers before team officials shooed them away.

The Americans described the injury as minor. It occurred Tuesday when James landed on Kevin Durant's foot during a closed scrimmage between Team USA and a select squad of young NBA players at Valley High School.

Coach Mike Krzyzewski said he would know more on Wednesday, after James has had a chance to rest.

"He thinks it's a mild sprain," Krzyzewski said. "Our trainers think it's a mild sprain. So we'll find out tomorrow. But I don't think it's anything serious. Obviously, we'll look and see what happens tomorrow."

Until more is known, James' injury raises questions about whether the forward will be full-speed as the Olympics approach.

U.S. forward LeBron James left practice with what the team described as a mild right ankle sprain on Tuesday.

The U.S. has already dealt with an injury to another starter, center Dwight Howard, who is returning from a stress fracture to his sternum. And Dwyane Wade, one of the top reserves, is coming back from left knee surgery.

Team officials have been encouraged by Howard and Wade during training camp this week. They seemed equally optimistic about James.

"You never want to see anyone hurt, but he's had this sprain before," managing director Jerry Colangelo said. "We're being told it's a minor deal. Obviously, he's got to take care of it."

In January, James missed a game with the Cleveland Cavaliers because of an ankle sprain. He returned to score 28 points in a victory over the Los Angeles Clippers on Feb. 2.

A few weeks later, James left a game against Boston late in the first half with an ankle injury. X-rays were negative and James returned for the start of the second.

On Tuesday, trainers wrapped the ankle in a black brace, and James hobbled off the court without speaking to reporters.

Several teammates spoke to James, but none seemed very concerned that he'll miss much time.

"I ain't concerned about that guy," Wade said. "That guy is a professional. I've seen that guy get hurt one time in the NBA and come back in the second half and score 30-something. I'm not worried about him. He's going to get healthy and it'll take care of itself."

The Americans have two more workouts before facing Canada in an exhibition on Friday. Then the squad leaves for Macau, where it opens a four-game exhibition tour. The Olympic opener is Aug. 10 against host China in Beijing.

The U.S. can replace injured players until a final roster is submitted Aug. 7. But no one was talking about James being left off the squad.

"We got time," teammate Carmelo Anthony said. "I think it's just a little mild ankle sprain. We got time. We need him to rest. We don't need him right now. We need him on Aug. 10."

Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press

JamStone
07-22-2008, 10:28 PM
He's a pussy.

angelbelow
07-22-2008, 10:39 PM
awww =(((

Showtime24 LAKERS
07-22-2008, 11:01 PM
No need for Lebum, we got Kobe to take over the show...gold medal is ours with or without him. TAKE A SIT bum bum, watch and learn from the Mvp himself!! :lol

tp2021
07-22-2008, 11:01 PM
He's a pussy.

He's just playing it safe. Don't hate. That pussy single-handedly beat your team last year. Actually, him and Daniel Gibson.

JamStone
07-22-2008, 11:18 PM
He's just playing it safe. Don't hate. That pussy single-handedly beat your team last year. Actually, him and Daniel Gibson.

You don't understand my post. But, thanks for your commentary.

ducks
07-22-2008, 11:24 PM
That Is Why Manu Should Not Be Playing At The Stupid Games

anakha
07-22-2008, 11:25 PM
ducks must be sporting the biggest boner of his life.

Vinnie_Johnson
07-22-2008, 11:29 PM
He's a pussy.

Is it a Strain or a more nagging Tear of the pussy?

tp2021
07-22-2008, 11:37 PM
You don't understand my post. But, thanks for your commentary.

Now I'm confused :dizzy

JamStone
07-22-2008, 11:42 PM
Now I'm confused :dizzy

Ok. One time explanation because then it's no fun anymore.

My post had nothing to do with LeBron. Anytime there's a thread about any player getting injured, I post, "he's a pussy." It can be LeBron or Dwyane Wade or Greg Oden or whoever. Doesn't matter. I post it. It's not that deep. And, it's not at all serious.

Don't be such a pussy.

Phenomanul
07-22-2008, 11:56 PM
:lol

SPURSGOAT
07-23-2008, 01:01 AM
No need for Lebum, we got Kobe to take over the show...gold medal is ours with or without him. TAKE A SIT bum bum, watch and learn from the Mvp himself!! :lol

:rolleyes

angelbelow
07-23-2008, 02:43 AM

My post had nothing to do with LeBron. Anytime there's a thread about any player getting injured, I post, "he's a pussy." It can be LeBron or Dwyane Wade or Greg Oden or whoever. Doesn't matter. I post it. It's not that deep. And, it's not at all serious.

Don't be such a pussy.

ohhhh ok.

Obstructed_View
07-23-2008, 05:19 AM

Don't be such a pussy.

Wow. I'm wondering how I didn't know that.

lefty
07-23-2008, 08:48 AM
That sucks for Team USA.

They can't with Kobe BRyant; he is not a leader

21_Blessings
07-24-2008, 09:04 AM
That sucks for Team USA.

They can't with Kobe BRyant; he is not a leader

Lebronze lead them to two shit colored bronze medals. Duncan sucked even more shit in 04.

This team will win the gold because of Kobe. Deal with it.

MavDynasty
07-24-2008, 09:08 AM
Lebronze lead them to two shit colored bronze medals. Duncan sucked even more shit in 04.

This team will win the gold because of Kobe. Deal with it.

Maybe you will lose your virginity by age 50 but its not looking good for you.

TheMadHatter
07-24-2008, 10:02 AM
Kobe and Jason Kidd will be the reason we win Gold this year.

Lebron, Duncan.......couldn't get it done on the world's BIGGEST stage.

MavDynasty
07-24-2008, 10:18 AM

International ball is a perimeter game,not a low post game.
If we lose again this year i say fuck it,play small small small ball and have the team full of 3pt shooters

xtremesteven33
07-24-2008, 10:55 AM

yea thats what all laker fans said about Kobe 2 months ago

JamStone
07-24-2008, 11:04 AM

LeBron barely played in the 2004 Olympics. It was more like Duncan and Iverson didn't have enough help to get it done in the Olympics because Larry Brown wouldn't play LeBron, Wade, and Carmelo because Richard Jefferson was more experienced and Shawn Marion was too versatile and he didn't want to bruise Stephon Mabury's ego.

NBA Junkie
07-24-2008, 10:26 PM

It ain't that funny either!