PDA

View Full Version : Maurice Evans Signed By Warriors

Duncan2177
07-23-2008, 01:15 PM
The Clippers aren't done dealing. They signed Golden State forward Kelenna Azubuike (8.1 ppg, 3.4 rpg) to a three-year, $9.3 million offer sheet last week.

The Warriors have until Friday to match the offer, but two NBA sources said they will not because they signed forward Maurice Evans, who split time between the Lakers and Orlando last season, to a three-year, $6.4 million deal.

Newest Clipper Camby ready to prove his worth | Sports | PE.com | Southern California News | News for Inland Southern California

DPG21920
07-23-2008, 01:17 PM
It looks more and more like we are keeping Finley, adding Hill and probably taking flyers on Gist and 1 more.

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-23-2008, 01:24 PM
Juan Dixon, please. Or Vujacic or West. But Dixon is the best of who the Spurs can afford.

DPG21920
07-23-2008, 01:33 PM
The Lakers would surely match a ~2M dollar offer for Sasha. So, out of those left I am not sure.

hater
07-23-2008, 01:36 PM
Dixon is no improvement over Vaughn. maybe a bit better offensively but defensively Vaughn is Bowen next to him

DPG21920
07-23-2008, 01:36 PM
I bet Aggie is f*ing pissed about this. If this means we could of had Azubuike at 3.1M instead of Mason, I am sure he is fuming.

remingtonbo2001
07-23-2008, 01:39 PM
Finley is a great fit as a backup veteran.

I believe Finley is still capable of contributing to this team, more so than any other free agent available.

Is he the most talented? No. However, he is comfortable in the system and will assist other role players such as Mason in their transition.

hater
07-23-2008, 01:42 PM
I also am starting to beleive Finley staying a Spur. that is fine with me, as long as he is a bench backup and limited to 10mins a game.

FromWayDowntown
07-23-2008, 01:46 PM
Team Swingman strikes again!

JamStone
07-23-2008, 01:54 PM
Why do the Spurs need another swingman anyway?

Roger Mason and Manu cover the 2-guard. George Hill a combo guard capable of playing the 2-guard in spots.

Bruce and Udoka at small forward. James Gist a project combo forward that probably will get some time at small forward.

Why do Spurs fans want another swingman?

wisnub
07-23-2008, 01:55 PM
That means Warriors will let Kelena go to Clippers. Clippers is now becoming a championship contender,who's ever thought that gonna be possible?? Baron Davis + Camby + Mobley + Thorton (have u guys see him play?) + Kaman + Kelena + im almost fogot him Tim Thomas...and no 7th draft pick Gordon = championship contender. If they can mix their chemistry that will be result,if not then they will be Denver Nuggets. Wow..West getting sronger, I wonder what is Pop strategy to overcome this. The sad thing is Hornets is getting Posey while keep all last year dudes there. We should come up with something solid if we want to continue winning in the odd year. Otherwise we can start planning for fishing trip and let the big mouth Barkley say wahtever he wanna say..

FromWayDowntown
07-23-2008, 01:55 PM
Why do the Spurs need another swingman anyway?

Roger Mason and Manu cover the 2-guard. George Hill a combo guard capable of playing the 2-guard in spots.

Bruce and Udoka at small forward. James Gist a project combo forward that probably will get some time at small forward.

Why do Spurs fans want another swingman?

Because everyone knows that bigger names and flashier moves win championships.

nil.ball
07-23-2008, 01:56 PM
Damn I was hoping Rockets would get Maurice Evans, he would be an upgrade over LuSer Head. :bang

FromWayDowntown
07-23-2008, 01:56 PM
That means Warriors will let Kelena go to Clippers. Clippers is now becoming a championship contender,who's ever thought that gonna be possible?? Baron Davis + Camby + Mobley + Thorton (have u guys see him play?) + Kaman + Kelena + im almost fogot him Tim Thomas...and no 7th draft pick Gordon = championship contender. If they can mix their chemistry that will be result,if not then they will be Denver Nuggets. Wow..West getting sronger, I wonder what is Pop strategy to overcome this. The sad thing is Hornets is getting Posey while keep all last year dudes there. We should come up with something solid if we want to continue winning in the odd year. Otherwise we can start planning for fishing trip and let the big mouth Barkley say wahtever he wanna say..

:lol

No wait. Let me think about that.

:rollin

Okay, seriously. Yeah, well hmmmm. Yeah.

:lmao

wisnub
07-23-2008, 02:00 PM
:lol

No wait. Let me think about that.

:rollin

Okay, seriously. Yeah, well hmmmm. Yeah.

:lmao

:lol :toast hopefully im wrong we dont need another contender....I hope they messed up like they always do (Clippers). :flag:

JamStone
07-23-2008, 02:08 PM
Championship contender is a huge leap of faith for a franchise that perenially fucks up some way, somehow.

But, I actually do like what the Clippers have done this off season so far in at least giving people reason to think they'll be more than just competitive. While losing Elton Brand was a pretty big loss for them, I think in some ways it should and will allow Chris Kaman to continue to develop as a main low post option. And, if Camby stays relatively healthy (big if of course), then he's actually a decent fit for them at power forward because he doesn't demand too many touches on offense and will provide defense, rebounding, length, and athleticism to their front court against some of the great power forwards in the West.

On paper, the Clippers look like a solid team. Good balance of youth and veteran experience, size in the front court, explosive scoring potential at a number of positions, and potentially very good defense. They lack depth at the power positions. But, I like their team. Their biggest concern is that they're still the Clippers.

Baron Davis / Brevin Knight / Mike Taylor
Cuttino Mobley / Eric Gordon / Marcus Williams
Al Thornton / Kelenna Azubuike
Marcus Camby / Tim Thomas / Josh Powell
Chris Kaman / DeAndre Jordan / Nick Fazekas

FromWayDowntown
07-23-2008, 02:14 PM
Their biggest concern is that they're still the Clippers.

While Baron and Camby were basically ironmen last year, neither has exactly shown himself to be particularly durable. That would be my biggest concern with thinking the Clippers have actually moved themselves up in the conference -- if they lose either of those guys for very long, they're right back to square 1.

I'll add to my pessimism my bold prediction that Eric Gordon is going to be a bust.

urunobili
07-23-2008, 02:23 PM
I really like Michael Finley with us... i always thought he'd be a part of our coaching staff after he retires... Pop loves his leadership and smarts thats why i keep believing that...

Slinkyman
07-23-2008, 02:24 PM
Clippers will be the Warriors of the past 2 seasons, a good team fighting for that last playoff spot, nothing more.

SenorSpur
07-23-2008, 02:40 PM
I really like Michael Finley with us...

You can have him and his "every other week" jump shot.

mexicanjunior
07-23-2008, 02:52 PM
This is disappointing, I was hoping the Spurs could land Evans for what was left of the MLE or LLE, especially after losing Barry.I feel he would have been an upgrade over Finley, who has just become too inconsistent with his jumpshot to be relied on for heavy minutes in crunch time. If Finley's shot is not falling, it just seems like he doesn't bring anything else on the court (defense, rebounding, passing). With Evans off the market now though, Finley will probably be all we can do with the money we have left. I guess his leadership and lockeroom presence will have to be enough to warrant keeping him...

manufor3
07-23-2008, 06:27 PM
Clippers will be the Warriors of the past 2 seasons, a good team fighting for that last playoff spot, nothing more.

so they'll upset a #1 seed (hopefully the lakers)?

T Park
07-23-2008, 06:32 PM
I'm wondering why people here all think Maurice Evans is this great fantastic player.

Hell, Phil Jackson gave up on him.

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-23-2008, 09:05 PM
Evans is a scrub. I can't believe the Warriors let Kelenna walk in lieu of signing Mo. Idiots.

The Clippers have assembled a very talented squad, the problem for them is that at the end of the day Dunleavy's still their coach.

BradLohaus
07-23-2008, 09:24 PM
I'll add to my pessimism my bold prediction that Eric Gordon is going to be a bust.

He did start to look like a chucker as the season went on.

T Park
07-23-2008, 09:25 PM
Evans is a scrub. I can't believe the Warriors let Kelenna walk in lieu of signing Mo. Idiots.

The Clippers have assembled a very talented squad, the problem for them is that at the end of the day Dunleavy's still their coach.

and their two best players make the Hornets look like the Lou Gehrig's of the NBA.

Axl Van Dam
07-23-2008, 09:26 PM
The Clippers aren't done dealing. They signed Golden State forward Kelenna Azubuike (8.1 ppg, 3.4 rpg) to a three-year, $9.3 million offer sheet last week.

The Warriors have until Friday to match the offer, but two NBA sources said they will not because they signed forward Maurice Evans, who split time between the Lakers and Orlando last season, to a three-year, $6.4 million deal.

Newest Clipper Camby ready to prove his worth | Sports | PE.com | Southern California News | News for Inland Southern California

:wakeup The Warriors are doing some serious revamping. :wakeup

ShoogarBear
07-23-2008, 09:39 PM
mono's going to hop back on!

http://www.sportslogos.net/images/Basketball/NBA/LAC_784.gif

The Truth #6
07-23-2008, 09:57 PM
Mason better knock down the 3, otherwise his signing makes the FO look like they were out to lunch. Yeah, I know we had to sign someone after Corey shockingly teased us, but Azub could have been had it looks like.

And with Mason being the effete shooter, I don't see why we would also want Finley. A hustle player to fill in for Manu's reduced minutes seems more important than what Finley brings, whatever that is again. The bromance must stop...

JamStone
07-24-2008, 03:54 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3503935

Warriors match Clippers offer to Azubuike. So now they have Maggette, S-Jax, Azubuike, Mo Evans, Marco Belinelli, Anthony Randolph, plus Monta Ellis plays wing and Al Harrington is a combo forward.

?????

How many wing players you need?

FromWayDowntown
07-24-2008, 03:56 PM
I guess they do intend to become the reincarnation of Doug Moe's Nuggets teams of the early-to-mid 80's. They're going to make the Suns look like the 1999 Spurs in terms of pace (. . . .oh wait, it's Shaq who's going to do that).

Big P
07-24-2008, 03:57 PM
I thought Evans backed out?

angelbelow
07-24-2008, 04:05 PM
I thought Evans backed out?

yea he did. hes holding out for more money.

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-25-2008, 06:09 PM
The Hawks signed him? :wtf
http://www.ajc.com/hawks/content/sports/hawks/stories/2008/07/25/hawks_childress_evans.html