PDA

View Full Version : Thomas contract - 2 year - $ 8 million

Spurs Brazil
07-23-2008, 03:19 PM
Meanwhile, the contract numbers have come out on Thomas, who re-upped with the Spurs on Tuesday. According to a league source, Thomas' deal calls for him to be paid $8 million over the next two years. He will earn $4.2 million next season, and $3.8 million in 2009-10.

http://blogs.mysanantonio.com/weblogs/courtside/archives/2008/07/jeff_mcdonald_a_12.html

Brutalis
07-23-2008, 03:20 PM
It's amazing how the Spurs get guys to sign for less than they can get somewhere else. I really think KT could have got 10 in 2 with someone else.

Mr.Bottomtooth
Hell yeah. Very reasonable.

mexicanjunior
Not bad at all...

DPG21920
That is very good stuff. Nice, smart signing.

ChumpDumper
07-23-2008, 03:21 PM
That's a pretty good deal. The lower amount next season is interesting.

angelbelow
07-23-2008, 03:24 PM
nice, i was really hoping it wasnt 6 mil a year.

tav1
07-23-2008, 03:26 PM

Exactly what I thought.

Hmmm.

DPG21920
07-23-2008, 03:30 PM

Why is that interesting? Spurs will still be over the cap so it does not do anything.

timvp
07-23-2008, 03:43 PM
Why is that interesting? Spurs will still be over the cap so it does not do anything.Might be interesting since people like you thought the Spurs would have to break the bank re-signing him. It also points to the Spurs trying to clear space to use the MLE next year.

Anyways, yeah the Spurs got a good bargain. I put his range at around $8-12M so the Spurs got away with paying him about the least amount of money possible. Thomas got unlucky in that teams who would have been interested didn't have the resources to go after him.

Good news for the Spurs :tu

T Park
07-23-2008, 03:46 PM
Great news, 4 million for a big like Kurt Thomas is a steal.

DPG21920
07-23-2008, 03:51 PM
Might be interesting since people like you thought the Spurs would have to break the bank re-signing him. It also points to the Spurs trying to clear space to use the MLE next year.

Anyways, yeah the Spurs got a good bargain. I put his range at around $8-12M so the Spurs got away with paying him about the least amount of money possible. Thomas got unlucky in that teams who would have been interested didn't have the resources to go after him.

People like me...you racist. J/K. I never said they would have to break the bank. I just put out all the scenarios, but always said I thought the Spurs would sign him for 3.5M.

That is why everyone jumped me. They said why do that, why make an offer first and bid against yourself. They did do it and it was close to what I thought. The only thing I worried about was the UFA status. I did not care about the money, I said that he did not have to give the Spurs a chance to match if he did not want to. Which is why I suggested they just offer him 3.5M and do not wait.

manufor3
07-23-2008, 03:52 PM
good amount of money for him

DPG21920
07-23-2008, 04:00 PM
Do we know if anyone made KT any offer? If not, does that mean the Spurs "bid against themselves"?

spurs_fan_in_exile
07-23-2008, 04:05 PM
Good price tag. He'll look like a major league steal if we see a little more improvement with a full training camp with the system.

ChumpDumper
07-23-2008, 04:06 PM
It was pretty clear the Spurs were only going to offer him a two year deal. The only question was would they have to overpay him a bit to make up for anyone else's offer that would be over two seasons.

Looks like that didn't happen.

And as LJ said, it paves the way to blow the full MLE for next season -- in case we get the opportunity to overpay someone for one season then.

DPG21920
07-23-2008, 04:22 PM
It was pretty clear the Spurs were only going to offer him a two year deal. The only question was would they have to overpay him a bit to make up for anyone else's offer that would be over two seasons.

Looks like that didn't happen.

And as LJ said, it paves the way to blow the full MLE for next season -- in case we get the opportunity to overpay someone for one season then.

Well I am just happy the Spurs stepped up to the plate and got this done. It does not seem that KT got any offers from any other team as of yet, so essentially what I was saying they should do, they did. They made him a nice offer, took away all the risks (UFA was the only one imo) and made both clubs happy. They did not wait to see what another team would offer (whether it was lower or higher than 4M makes no difference) and planned for the future.

I mis-understood what you were saying about the last year of his contract. I was just saying that we will have the MLE to use no matter what, but the point about structuring it so that they can use the full MLE without going into luxury tax is a good sign.

timvp
07-23-2008, 04:35 PM
Well I am just happy the Spurs stepped up to the plate and got this done. It does not seem that KT got any offers from any other team as of yet, so essentially what I was saying they should do, they did.Not really. The Spurs let Kurt Thomas go around getting offers from teams like the Miami Heat and the Los Angeles Lakers. When neither of those teams could offer much, the Spurs topped their offers and got Thomas at a decent price.

You were panicking on like July 9th wanting the Spurs to hurry up and sign Thomas. That didn't happen. The Spurs played it slow and were fine with the idea of letting Thomas set his own market value.

DPG21920
07-23-2008, 04:50 PM
Not really. The Spurs let Kurt Thomas go around getting offers from teams like the Miami Heat and the Los Angeles Lakers. When neither of those teams could offer much, the Spurs topped their offers and got Thomas at a decent price.

You were panicking on like July 9th wanting the Spurs to hurry up and sign Thomas. That didn't happen. The Spurs played it slow and were fine with the idea of letting Thomas set his own market value.

Where are these offers you speak of? I have not heard of either Miami or LA making him an offer. I have heard they were interested, but never heard a dollar amount. If LA could not match 4M for Turiaf, how could they offer it for KT?

So a massive 14 days ago I was panicking? They did sign him fast and they did make the offer in the ball park I thought they would. By your logic, if the Spurs truly let the market dictate the price, then there is no way they pay him 4M per year because he did not get that offer from another team. They stepped up to the plate and made an offer both teams could live with.

DPG21920
07-23-2008, 04:53 PM
Not really. The Spurs let Kurt Thomas go around getting offers from teams like the Miami Heat and the Los Angeles Lakers. When neither of those teams could offer much, the Spurs topped their offers and got Thomas at a decent price.

This is exactly what I purposed they do. We knew that realistically, unless some team with the full MLE or more cap space made him that kind of an offer (which we all knew would not likely happen) that he would only get offers between the Veteran's Minimum and 4M. I said why wait, offer him 3.5M now and get the deal done. They did that by offering him 4M. There were no offers that we know of to top.

oligarchy
07-23-2008, 04:54 PM
Where are these offers you speak of? I have not heard of either Miami or LA making him an offer. I have heard they were interested, but never heard a dollar amount. If LA could not match 4M for Turiaf, how could they offer it for KT?

So a massive 14 days ago I was panicking? They did sign him fast and they did make the offer in the ball park I thought they would. By your logic, if the Spurs truly let the market dictate the price, then there is no way they pay him 4M per year because he did not get that offer from another team. They stepped up to the plate and made an offer both teams could live with.

He was unrestricted. It is not a common occurrence to hear all the offers a team makes to an UFA.

There aren't many teams that could offer him more than 4m at this point.

Also, who said they couldn't match the Turiaf offer? They WOULDN'T match the offer because it was an overpayment for his services. It benefited them to let him walk rather than overpay him.

ducks
07-23-2008, 04:56 PM

usually you do not hear numbers that are being mentioned when agents talk to gms

Marcus Bryant
07-23-2008, 04:56 PM
Having the salary decline in the 2nd year like that will help lessen the possibility of a lux tax liability then.

oligarchy
07-23-2008, 04:58 PM
This is exactly what I purposed they do. We knew that realistically, unless some team with the full MLE or more cap space made him that kind of an offer (which we all knew would not likely happen) that he would only get offers between the Veteran's Minimum and 4M. I said why wait, offer him 3.5M now and get the deal done. They did that by offering him 4M. There were no offers that we know of to top.

I'm sure it was KT waiting to hear from other teams and not the Spurs. They let HIM find his market value.

DPG21920
07-23-2008, 04:59 PM
He was unrestricted. It is not a common occurrence to hear all the offers a team makes to an UFA.

I know. Thats what I said. I said the only thing that worried me the whole time was that he was a UFA. People call that panicking, I call it a realistic risk. We all knew, as I mentioned in my last post that he could only realistically get offers between the Vet. Min. and 4M.

All I said is that if we know that, the Spurs know that and KT knows that, why not make an offer to him first if we already know the market value? If you and TimVP already know that 4M is the max he will get and the Spurs are willing to pay that, why not step up and do it? Unless you thought the Spurs would low ball him into taking a 2M a year offer if no other team made him one.

DPG21920
07-23-2008, 05:02 PM
I'm sure it was KT waiting to hear from other teams and not the Spurs. They let HIM find his market value.

Its one and the same. KT was essentially a Spurs agent setting the market value. But everyone knew, do to market characteristics that the most he could be offered realistically was ~4M.

Like I said, by your logic, they Spurs were waiting to see what kind of offers in that area KT got? Lets say the only offer he got was from Miami at 1.9M dollars per year. Do the Spurs still pay him the 8M for 2 years? Or do they just up it a little to say 2.5 per year for 2 years?

DPG21920
07-23-2008, 05:04 PM
Having the salary decline in the 2nd year like that will help lessen the possibility of a lux tax liability then.

That does help. I thought he was implying that we would somehow have more than the MLE next year or something, not that we would be able to use the full MLE and not go over the luxury tax threshold. That could be good news, especially if some of these restricted players only sign the QO.

oligarchy
07-23-2008, 05:05 PM
I know. Thats what I said. I said the only thing that worried me the whole time was that he was a UFA. People call that panicking, I call it a realistic risk. We all knew, as I mentioned in my last post that he could only realistically get offers between the Vet. Min. and 4M.

All I said is that if we know that, the Spurs know that and KT knows that, why not make an offer to him first if we already know the market value? If you and TimVP already know that 4M is the max he will get and the Spurs are willing to pay that, why not step up and do it? Unless you thought the Spurs would low ball him into taking a 2M a year offer if no other team made him one.

Who's to say that they didn't say, "our offer is 4.2 million the first year, 3.8 million for a second year." KT didn't immediately sign, in order to see if anyone else would offer him MORE salary. This would be in order for him to go back to the Spurs to say, "I have an offer of 5.58 million." In which case, the Spurs would counter-offer 6.

The point being, you're assuming that it was the Spurs not offering him a contract on the first day of Free Agency that was so risky. There was no risk. The risk being the Spurs may have to pay more than they would like (to the tune of 6 million, rather than the 4.2 million they paid). KT is the one looking for money. I'm sure his agent touched base with a number of teams that KT would consider playing for.

DPG21920
07-23-2008, 05:08 PM

Also, who said they couldn't match the Turiaf offer? They WOULDN'T match the offer because it was an overpayment for his services. It benefited them to let him walk rather than overpay him.

Obviously they could, they did not though. For luxury tax purposes, KT's 4M per year contract would be just as expensive as Turiaf's. So if Turiaf was not worth it, is KT to the Lakers when they have Bynum, Pau and Mihm?

DPG21920
07-23-2008, 05:15 PM
Who's to say that they didn't say, "our offer is 4.2 million the first year, 3.8 million for a second year." KT didn't immediately sign, in order to see if anyone else would offer him MORE salary. This would be in order for him to go back to the Spurs to say, "I have an offer of 5.58 million." In which case, the Spurs would counter-offer 6.

The point being, you're assuming that it was the Spurs not offering him a contract on the first day of Free Agency that was so risky. There was no risk. The risk being the Spurs may have to pay more than they would like (to the tune of 6 million, rather than the 4.2 million they paid). KT is the one looking for money. I'm sure his agent touched base with a number of teams that KT would consider playing for.

I understand what you are saying. I never said make him an offer on the first day. I said, do the due diligence, determine what you think the market will be for KT, then make an offer. If the Spurs did in fact make KT this offer and he said let me look, then that would defeat what everyone on here said by making an offer first and not letting the market dictate. Because what if the Spurs offered that first and then no one would of made him an offer for more than the BAE? That would tell you that the Spurs F.O. did see a risk and was willing to try and get a deal done as soon as possible. Which is what I said should be the strategy.

Your wrong. The risk was not in the money. The risk was in the fact that if KT did somehow get a full MLE offer that he would be so flattered or like his opportunity so much that he signs that offer and does not give the Spurs a chance to counter. Do you get what I am saying. I do not care about the money, it was the UFA status that was the risk. The Spurs could of payed him more money than anyone, so the money was not the risk.

oligarchy
07-23-2008, 05:17 PM
Obviously they could, they did not though. For luxury tax purposes, KT's 4M per year contract would be just as expensive as Turiaf's. So if Turiaf was not worth it, is KT to the Lakers when they have Bynum, Pau and Mihm?

Mihm.. lol. No, Turiaf > KT

oligarchy
07-23-2008, 05:19 PM
I understand what you are saying. I never said make him an offer on the first day. I said, do the due diligence, determine what you think the market will be for KT, then make an offer. If the Spurs did in fact make KT this offer and he said let me look, then that would defeat what everyone on here said by making an offer first and not letting the market dictate. Because what if the Spurs offered that first and then no one would of made him an offer for more than the BAE? That would tell you that the Spurs F.O. did see a risk and was willing to try and get a deal done as soon as possible. Which is what I said should be the strategy.

Your wrong. The risk was not in the money. The risk was in the fact that if KT did somehow get a full MLE offer that he would be so flattered or like his opportunity so much that he signs that offer and does not give the Spurs a chance to counter. Do you get what I am saying. I do not care about the money, it was the UFA status that was the risk. The Spurs could of payed him more money than anyone, so the money was not the risk.

You're

No, I'm not. I think you like to argue for the sake of argument. Believe that he was a risk to leave to a team for MLE.

xtremesteven33
07-23-2008, 05:19 PM

:lmao

DPG21920
07-23-2008, 05:26 PM
You're

No, I'm not. I think you like to argue for the sake of argument. Believe that he was a risk to leave to a team for MLE.

Now you are, you're trying to correct my spelling. I made a typo, give it a rest.

How can you so badly mis-interpret what I am saying. I DO NOT THINK HE WAS A RISK TO LEAVE THE TEAM FOR ANY AMOUNT OF MONEY.

Now that we have that cleared up, I was only worried that since he was a UFA and since he was buried on the bench against the Lakers in the WCF that he might not want to play for the Spurs anymore, especially if he could play a nice role on a contender.

That is not arguing for the sake of it. That is my position on the issue that is different from yours. Just because we disagree, does not mean I am argumentative and you are not. By that logic, you just like to argue because you do not see it my way. It is called a discussion.

DPG21920
07-23-2008, 05:27 PM

Exactly. They have depth and if Turiaf is better than KT and they did not match 4M dollar a year offer, what reason is there to think that they would offer KT anything in that ballpark?

oligarchy
07-23-2008, 05:31 PM
Change your story to fit your argument. Whatever. He should've left for 1.9 million because he was disgusted with the Spurs.

DPG21920
07-23-2008, 05:38 PM
Change your story to fit your argument. Whatever. He should've left for 1.9 million because he was disgusted with the Spurs.

Where did I change my story? The whole time in every post, I said the only thing that worried me was his UFA status. Did I say he should of left? No. Did I say the Spurs should offer him 3.5M right now regardless if they already have (which I could not possibly know), or if he has another offer? Yes.

If you can find where I said I was worried about the money I can see what you are saying. But I know I never said that. The only difference now is that you know what point I was arguing from instead of mis-interpreting what I said. It was a mix up on your comprehension, not me changing my story.

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-23-2008, 05:53 PM
Why is that interesting? Spurs will still be over the cap so it does not do anything.

This coming from the guy who thought Kurt was going to be a 7-8 million dollar a year guy :lol

So are you trying to set a record for how many times you can post on one page of the same thread?

You were wrong to panic on July 9. Move on.

T Park
07-23-2008, 05:56 PM
and still thinks George Hill is gonna get cut.

DPG21920
07-23-2008, 06:02 PM
Please show me anywhere I posted that I THOUGHT HE WOULD GET SIGNED FOR THAT MUCH OR THAT I THOUGHT HILL WOULD GET CUT.

TPark and Aggiefan: Are either of you married or have a girlfriend and if so are they happy? Because if your basketball analysis or reading comprehension is anything like your fucking, you couldn't hit the G-Spot on a ten pound pussy.

DPG21920
07-23-2008, 06:04 PM
and still thinks George Hill is gonna get cut.

3 other people jumped on you in the other thread about what you said about Hill. I just stated what can actually happen to someone drafted in the first round. I never said I thought it would, but was giving you a run down of the rules because you said: "there will be no negotiations, he is locked into a salary". Which was wrong, as myself and others pointed out due the 120% -80% rule.

At least you did not use a smilie this time, you are learning my friend!

DPG21920
07-23-2008, 06:08 PM
This coming from the guy who thought Kurt was going to be a 7-8 million dollar a year guy :lol

So are you trying to set a record for how many times you can post on one page of the same thread?

You were wrong to panic on July 9. Move on.

Never said he would sign for that much, just was going through all the scenarios. I never cared about his money, I was just worried about the UFA status. How many times do we have to do this dance. I already went through and re-posted everything we said in the other thread and proved you wrong so it is irrefutable. I am starting to get your humor though, you make things up about what people said and then use a smilie. It is kind of "artsy" for me, but I get it.

Some people may find you to be the human equivalent of a saltine cracker though.

This coming from a guy who cried about Mason and Hill and whined and bitched about R.C. because wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh we did not get Azubuike.

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-23-2008, 06:18 PM
Please show me anywhere I posted that I THOUGHT HE WOULD GET SIGNED FOR THAT MUCH OR THAT I THOUGHT HILL WOULD GET CUT.

TPark and Aggiefan: Are either of you married or have a girlfriend and if so are they happy? Because if your basketball analysis or reading comprehension is anything like your fucking, you couldn't hit the G-Spot on a ten pound pussy.

Got one thanks, and no she's not hollowed out yet like your ho after I got through with her.

Lighten up, you douche.

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-23-2008, 06:23 PM

Leave it in the Troll forum, son.

DPG21920
07-23-2008, 06:24 PM

Got one thanks, and no she's not hollowed out yet like your ho after I got through with her.

Lighten up, you douche.
C'mon Aggie, you can do better than that! After I hit you with some funny shit like that you have to come back harder!

I love SpursTalk. Seriously. I mean, there are some elitist and dicks on the website, but a good collection of bball discussion. We have stuff in common, we both spend a lot of time on this website.

It is good to have all kinds of people. I have fun and I am not half as serious as you might think. I mean, sometimes you annoy me, as I do you, but all in all I like going back a forth because you hear some good ideas and some funny shit to boot!

Trying to hang in there with the "big boys" and earn my proverbial stripes!

T Park
07-23-2008, 06:27 PM
Someone thinking me and aggie being the best of friends has never been around here after a loss.

DPG21920
07-23-2008, 06:31 PM
Leave it in the Troll forum, son.

I am not a troll. People say much worse stuff than that. It was a joke between Aggie and I (I just threw T-Park in there for the hell of it), no malice.

In all seriousness, are there certain rules about this stuff? I mean I have seen way worse than this posted. Did I break a rule?

DPG21920
07-23-2008, 06:35 PM
Someone thinking me and aggie being the best of friends has never been around here after a loss.

I did not say you were friends, and I just joined a few months ago. I have posted frequently though and I feel that I have fit in.

I have gotten jumped on a few times, but I have had a lot of people like what I say and had some really good discussions with a lot of people. I do not start trash threads, and I also do not trash people who start them.

I just have noticed you are kind of anal and always type "rage much".

Its ok, I am overly sensitive, argumentative and need to grow up! Not afraid to point out my own faults as well...

I however, do not use smilies under any circumstances, that is not dude like.

DPG21920
07-23-2008, 06:36 PM

Well hopefully I will never know, if you get what I am saying.

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-23-2008, 06:36 PM
In all seriousness, are there certain rules about this stuff? I mean I have seen way worse than this posted. Did I break a rule?
No you didn't. It's very lenient here, so a few little spills like that are excused, but making it a habit or taking it to another level often gets you suspended or banned.

DPG21920
07-23-2008, 06:38 PM
No you didn't. It's very lenient here, so a few little spills like that are excused, but making it a habit or taking it to another level often gets you suspended or banned.

Thanks for the heads up. I don't usually post stuff like that, but I just thought during the course of our little debate that Aggie would think that was funny!

FilSpursFan
07-23-2008, 06:58 PM
Good signing. KT must have preferred signing to a championship team than anywhere else for money...

jayc23
07-23-2008, 07:41 PM
sounds like a solid contract

baseline bum
07-23-2008, 08:13 PM
Looks like Kurt really wants to play for a title. I'd be surprised if there wasn't a higher offer for him out there.

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-23-2008, 09:08 PM
C'mon Aggie, you can do better than that! After I hit you with some funny shit like that you have to come back harder!

I love SpursTalk. Seriously. I mean, there are some elitist and dicks on the website, but a good collection of bball discussion. We have stuff in common, we both spend a lot of time on this website.

It is good to have all kinds of people. I have fun and I am not half as serious as you might think. I mean, sometimes you annoy me, as I do you, but all in all I like going back a forth because you hear some good ideas and some funny shit to boot!

Trying to hang in there with the "big boys" and earn my proverbial stripes!

Um, what you said wasn't funny. It was the typical comeback that someone has when they are getting their ass handed to them in the discussion and they can't handle it.

They always go to insults about someone's school, or girlfriends, or whatever. It's a sign the discussion is over.

You saying you're not serious is about the funniest thing you've ever said since you started posting here (well, probably 1B after throwing out the idea that the Spurs would waive George Hill :lol ).

That's still the funniest shit ever.

MannyIsGod
07-23-2008, 09:11 PM

You're kidding right? You were all over threads complaining about the Spur even pushing the Luxury tax because they were going to have to pay Thomas 8 million a year.

Chief
07-23-2008, 09:12 PM
Might be interesting since people like you thought the Spurs would have to break the bank re-signing him. It also points to the Spurs trying to clear space to use the MLE next year.

8-12 mil ? really ?

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-23-2008, 09:15 PM
You're kidding right? You were all over threads complaining about the Spur even pushing the Luxury tax because they were going to have to pay Thomas 8 million a year.

Don't confuse him with facts Manny, he'll burn up a whole page of the thread trying to explain what he really meant to say.

Kori Ellis
07-23-2008, 09:19 PM
8-12 mil ? really ?

He's saying that he thought KT would get $8-12M over two years, and that it's good that he came in on the low side.

SequSpur
07-23-2008, 09:20 PM
wgaf what they pay him, they ain't getting my money.

T Park
07-23-2008, 09:22 PM
wgaf what they pay him, they ain't getting my money.

Go practice the Joker's magic trick on yourself.

mystargtr34
07-23-2008, 09:47 PM
Good signing... although he seems somewhat over rated on this board.

DPG21920
07-23-2008, 09:57 PM

I never said that at all. I said if he gets that deal (which was not likely than the Spurs would have to worry about luxury tax). I said the UFA was the only part that worried me. TimVP said 8-12 M not me.

MannyIsGod
07-23-2008, 10:00 PM
I never said that at all. I said if he gets that deal (which was not likely than the Spurs would have to worry about luxury tax). I said the UFA was the only part that worried me. TimVP said 8-12 M not me.

In other words everyone else in this thread is wrong but you're right? If I wasn't feeling super lazy I'd look up your posts (I'll probably do it later in fact) just to make you eat your words.

DPG21920
07-23-2008, 10:02 PM
Um, what you said wasn't funny. It was the typical comeback that someone has when they are getting their ass handed to them in the discussion and they can't handle it.

They always go to insults about someone's school, or girlfriends, or whatever. It's a sign the discussion is over.

You saying you're not serious is about the funniest thing you've ever said since you started posting here (well, probably 1B after throwing out the idea that the Spurs would waive George Hill :lol ).

That's still the funniest shit ever.

You are such a d-bag. PLEASE PROVIDE PROOF I SAID HILL WILL GET CUT. If you do this I will NEVER POST ON THIS WEBSITE AGAIN.

I am not serious all the time. Does your constant putting words in everyone's mouth get old, hell yes, but half the stuff I say (insults) is just as jokes.

You can not verify one word you said against me. Not one.

But once again you will come up with some lame excuse because you know you have made unsubstantiated claims about what I have said.

DPG21920
07-23-2008, 10:03 PM

He says that, I did not.

T Park
07-23-2008, 10:03 PM
You are such a d-bag. PLEASE PROVIDE PROOF I SAID HILL WILL GET CUT. If you do this I will NEVER POST ON THIS WEBSITE AGAIN.

I am not serious all the time. Does your constant putting words in everyone's mouth get old, hell yes, but half the stuff I say (insults) is just as jokes.

But once again you will come up with some lame excuse because you know you have made unsubstantiated claims about what I have said.

Good lord your a whiney little punk.

Do the world a favor and drink some draino.

DPG21920
07-23-2008, 10:09 PM
In other words everyone else in this thread is wrong but you're right? If I wasn't feeling super lazy I'd look up your posts (I'll probably do it later in fact) just to make you eat your words.

What? If you are referring to me being scared or panicking about KT money then yes, you are all wrong. I only brought up money in different scenarios, but I always said that the only thing that worried me was the UFA status.

No one was right or wrong. We all thought KT would be signed, so we were all right. I just said that I think the Spurs stepped up and made him an offer that made both sides comfortable. Where the hell did you get that I am right and others are wrong? I said, from how it looks, it seems like the Spurs did what I thought they would and offered him a nice contract around 4M (although I said they should offer him 3.5).

People jumped on me because they said do not make him an offer, let the market dictate. That is it, there was no other difference in our opinions.

People like Aggie just make shit up about me saying KT WILL get paid 8M or that I said Hill WILL BE CUT. It is all B.S.. Do not worry, once again, like I did for Aggie, I will do the work and post my first 3 comments about KT from the old thread and prove I did not worry about the money, ONLY THE UFA STATUS.

Kori Ellis
07-23-2008, 10:10 PM
Man, the constant bickering really needs to stop. You all need to learn how to argue in a more entertaining way. :lol

AHF - Stop attacking every (relatively) new poster. And stop posting in every thread that you think is lame, just to say it's lame. Believe me, you have made your fair share of lame threads in your time. :lol

New Posters - Don't get so riled up about everything. And please look around the forum before starting new threads. If there's another thread on the same topic (particularly on the front page), use it.

Traders - Stop trying to trade away Manu. He just had his best season as a Spur, despite ending it injured. And ducks, go back to bashing LeBron, Manu-hate isn't a good thing.

Tlong - Get off Jerryd's jock.

And yes, I know that some of these things don't apply to this thread, but y'all are annoying the heck out of me. 48 hour time out bans are forthcoming for people who can't get it together.

Kori Ellis
07-23-2008, 10:11 PM
Good lord your a whiney little punk.

Do the world a favor and drink some draino.

Example of a post that is annoying me.

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-23-2008, 10:12 PM

Thank you.
:worthy:

DPG21920
07-23-2008, 10:15 PM
Man, the constant bickering really needs to stop. You all need to learn how to argue in a more entertaining way. :lol

AHF - Stop attacking every (relatively) new poster. And stop posting in every thread that you think is lame, just to say it's lame. Believe me, you have made your fair share of lame threads in your time. :lol

New Posters - Don't get so riled up about everything. And please look around the forum before starting new threads. If there's another thread on the same topic (particularly on the front page), use it.

Traders - Stop trying to trade away Manu. He just had his best season as a Spur, despite ending it injured. And ducks, go back to bashing LeBron, Manu-hate isn't a good thing.

And yes, I know that some of these things don't apply to this thread, but y'all are annoying the heck out of me. 48 hour time out bans are forthcoming for people who can't get it together.

Apologies Kori. I am new to the website and can not understand why people are on their high-horse and trying to chase fellow Spurs fans away from the site. I have not posted any terrible threads, but constantly have to defend myself for everything I say because I am new. People keep blowing things way out of proportion and putting words in everyone's mouth. Not saying I did not lose my cool, but it gets old when people treat other people like crap. You can disagree with me, but you do not have to be an ass about it. I played my role by always responding back, but these little clicks on here are annoying.

Kori Ellis
07-23-2008, 10:16 PM
Apologies Kori. I am new to the website and can not understand why people are on their high-horse and trying to chase fellow Spurs fans away from the site. I have not posted any terrible threads, but constantly have to defend myself for everything I say because I am new. People keep blowing things way out of proportion and putting words in everyone's mouth. Not saying I did not lose my cool, but it gets old when people treat other people like crap. You can disagree with me, but you do not have to be an ass about it. I played my role by always responding back, but these little clicks on here are annoying.

I know. It's like you are AHF's own personal rookie. :lol

DPG21920
07-23-2008, 10:26 PM
I know. It's like you are AHF's own personal rookie. :lol

No crap! Every time I think we have turned the corner and I say: "I will never respond to you again unless you are civil", something pops off. No one else really bothers me. I am learning everyone's personalities (T-Park is anal, Chump is a smart-ass, ducks hates Manu...) but only Aggie really annoys me sometimes. Not all the time, just a little bit. Its cool though, because it gives the website personality. Some people take it too far sometimes and are big hypocrites. I can deal with that and understand but the sense of entitlement some have because they have been posting here longer is crazy. It does not mean you know more, it means you have been loyal to SpursTalk, which is good. They keep trying to run people off, instead of bringing people in.

I have been an active poster and brought decent insight (at least some people think so) and always defend others when people attack them. People just make crazy claims about what you said and even when you re-post, they still do it.

I like it here and I am a huge fan that is pretty knowledgeable about basketball, maybe not inside Spurs info, but basketball. I like the website and want to watch it grow and do what I can.

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-23-2008, 10:50 PM

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2679687&postcount=33

Until we hear an official statement, I am not including him in the list. Call it semantics, but no go on my list. Although you are correct in stating that he has a set salary scale many things can happen (although not likely at all):

Spurs could renounce his rights and then he could receive more than the rookie scale contract.

Just because he is set to a standard scale of salary does not mean he has to be signed.

See ya.

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-23-2008, 10:52 PM
They keep trying to run people off, instead of bringing people in.

I'm fine with new posters, unless they post annoying posts all the time, back track constantly, kill a thread with 500 posts in it trying to reword what they said the first time they got called out in an attempt to save some face, etc. Like you.

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-23-2008, 10:53 PM
AHF - Stop attacking every (relatively) new poster. And stop posting in every thread that you think is lame, just to say it's lame. Believe me, you have made your fair share of lame threads in your time.

Sorry, it just feels like spursreport backed up to this site and dumped a bunch of 12 year olds...

DPG21920
07-23-2008, 11:02 PM
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2679687&postcount=33

See ya.
Where in there does that say I think he would get waived or should get waived?

DPG21920
07-23-2008, 11:04 PM
I'm fine with new posters, unless they post annoying posts all the time, back track constantly, kill a thread with 500 posts in it trying to reword what they said the first time they got called out in an attempt to save some face, etc. Like you.

Your not ok, that is why Kori called you out. You are an ass. Once again even when re-posting what I said it does not justify what you say. Lol, you still try and act like you won an argument. It clearly says that IT IS NOT LIKELY TO HAPPEN.

See ya.

I was clearly stating all the possibilities for rookie scale contracts and in no way insinuating Hill would get cut. This is the problem everyone has with you, at least if you are going to attack people, make sure you get what they mean by what they say. Or at least read the post fully.

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-23-2008, 11:27 PM
Your not ok, that is why Kori called you out. You are an ass. Once again even when re-posting what I said it does not justify what you say. Lol, you still try and act like you won an argument. It clearly says that IT IS NOT LIKELY TO HAPPEN.

Kori calls me out at least once a year. Don't let it go to your head.

I was clearly stating all the possibilities for rookie scale contracts and in no way insinuating Hill would get cut. This is the problem everyone has with you, at least if you are going to attack people, make sure you get what they mean by what they say. Or at least read the post fully.

When in the history of the NBA has a drafted first rounder ever been released by his team so they can pay him more? It's simply a stupid proposition, no matter how you try to spin it.

It's comical that you're projecting your problem with me onto everyone. In case you hadn't notice, other folks are calling you out in these threads as well for your takes.

I got what you said just fine, you threw out the idea of the Spurs either 1) not signing him or 2) releasing him to give him a different contract.

Both were stupid when you posted them in the Kurt Thomas, and they're even dumber now with you trying to spin them. You got called out, your words are there in black and white.

Move on.

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-23-2008, 11:28 PM
Where in there does that say I think he would get waived or should get waived?

Renouncing rights/waive.

Or are you going to argue 'semantics' again? :rolleyes

DPG21920
07-23-2008, 11:34 PM
Renouncing rights/waive.

Or are you going to argue 'semantics' again? :rolleyes

There is a massive difference between someone saying: " I think the Spurs should waive Hill" and me telling T-Park that even though there is a rookie-scale contract there is room for negotiation because the amount can fluctuate by +/- 20%.

I never said I though he would get waived. I told T-Park that the reason I did not include Hill on my list was because he was not signed yet. I also said under the rules that just because you get drafted in the 1st round does not mean you are guaranteed a contract, you could get waived. I clearly said that it would not happen to Hill, but it has happened to other players before.

Why do you insist on twisting my words so that you can attack me?

ThunderStix®
07-23-2008, 11:35 PM
I don't know why, but when I saw the thread title, I thought it said two years, eight billion Dollars :lmao

NewJerSpur
07-23-2008, 11:37 PM
I don't know why, but when I saw the thread title, I thought it said two years, eight billion Dollars :lmao

uuuuuuhhh......yyyyeeeah.

DPG21920
07-23-2008, 11:37 PM
Kori calls me out at least once a year. Don't let it go to your head.

When in the history of the NBA has a drafted first rounder ever been released by his team so they can pay him more? It's simply a stupid proposition, no matter how you try to spin it.

It's comical that you're projecting your problem with me onto everyone. In case you hadn't notice, other folks are calling you out in these threads as well for your takes.

I got what you said just fine, you threw out the idea of the Spurs either 1) not signing him or 2) releasing him to give him a different contract.

Both were stupid when you posted them in the Kurt Thomas, and they're even dumber now with you trying to spin them. You got called out, your words are there in black and white.

Move on.

I never said he would get waived so the Spurs would sign him for more. I posted a clear-cut post of the official rules for a rookie that was drafted in the first round. I made no inference at all about how that effects Hill.

I have excepted responsibility for people coming at me, have you?

If what I said was so stupid, who makes you the one to call everyone out?

As I said, I have explained to you what I said, re-post the statements and you still can not get it through your thick head.

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-23-2008, 11:46 PM
I never said he would get waived so the Spurs would sign him for more. I posted a clear-cut post of the official rules for a rookie that was drafted in the first round. I made no inference at all about how that effects Hill.

I have excepted responsibility for people coming at me, have you?

If what I said was so stupid, who makes you the one to call everyone out?

As I said, I have explained to you what I said, re-post the statements and you still can not get it through your thick head.

Uh, everyone knew the rules on rookies. It was just ridiculous to suggest the Spurs would not sign the guy or somehow renounce his rights.

Particularly when renouncing his rights would in essence make him a free agent, which would mean another Kurt Thomas like meltdown from you worrying about some team offering him 8 million a year to go elsewhere.

It's not about me getting it through my head, Manny and others have read it the same way. This is why you're so frickin' annoying. Everyone knows what you said. And now you get called on it, you try and rephrase it 345 different ways to try and dig yourself out of it.

Just move on.

DPG21920
07-23-2008, 11:53 PM
Uh, everyone knew the rules on rookies. It was just ridiculous to suggest the Spurs would not sign the guy or somehow renounce his rights.

Particularly when renouncing his rights would in essence make him a free agent, which would mean another Kurt Thomas like meltdown from you worrying about some team offering him 8 million a year to go elsewhere.

It's not about me getting it through my head, Manny and others have read it the same way. This is why you're so frickin' annoying. Everyone knows what you said. And now you get called on it, you try and rephrase it 345 different ways to try and dig yourself out of it.

Just move on.

No your wrong. I never ever claimed or said Hill should get waived. I know what happens when you renounce a player, I posted the damn rules. People like Manny only get caught up in the B.S. you accuse me of. You take no time to understand what people mean when they speak. Somethings may not translate over a forum. You just infer and attack. I clearly said in that post that it would not happen. Apparently he did not know the rules because he said he was guaranteed a certain contract, which is false. There is room for negotiation.

But that is besides the point. You have no reason to attack people, even if you do not agree with what they say and especially if you do not take the time to understand and ask for clarification. We are just going in circles because there is no getting through to someone who is set on being a jerk.

Many agree with me on the point that you unnecessarily attack people , including a neutral in Kori. It gets old fast bro along with your attitude.

Kori Ellis
07-23-2008, 11:56 PM

Well they have to compete with the Russians and the Greeks ;) but it's not that extreme.

Mr. Body
07-23-2008, 11:57 PM
LOL. Don't bother with AHF. He's a hoity toity imbecile and not worth it.

DPG21920
07-23-2008, 11:58 PM
We could easily solve these problems Aggie. If you want to attack something I write because you interpret it a certain way, then just ask what I mean before you do. If I explain what I mean or highlight something in the post you might of missed, maybe you will cool off. Maybe you won't. But if you just ask and then you do not agree, by all means be a dick thereafter.

For example: You read what I post about rookie contracts. You interpret it as me saying the Spurs should cut Hill. Instead of attacking, you ask: Do you think they should renounce Hill? I reply: Hell no, is that what you thought, lol. You say: ohhhhhh, got ya.

I offer solutions...

Kori Ellis
07-23-2008, 11:59 PM
Come on, AHF. The guy never said that they were going waive/renounce Hill. He just said that they he didn't put him on the list yet because he wasn't signed. When TPark quickly said that they had to sign him to the rookie scale, he responded that wasn't necessarily true - they could just renounce him. He never indicated that he thought they would renounce Hill. He was just clarifying a point to TPark.

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-24-2008, 12:01 AM
LOL. Don't bother with AHF. He's a hoity toity imbecile and not worth it.

Javtokas for the MLE!! :tu

anakha
07-24-2008, 12:05 AM
If nothing else, I at least leave this thread having learned how the heck the words 'hoity-toity' are used. :lol

Spurtacus
07-24-2008, 12:38 AM
Great deal for KT. He feels this is his best opportunity to win a championship. He's older, but will also know our system better. We got our starting center!

wisnub
07-24-2008, 01:35 AM
I hope he still can play...he got defense,but i dont know about his middle range jumper..its kindda diminish. His number sucks,but he can guard other team's big man well. But we need big man,so sign him at that price is good... GO SPURS