PDA

View Full Version : Nuggets joining the Spurs Division?

NuGGeTs-FaN
07-24-2008, 02:53 AM
Caught Bucher on ESPN News a little bit ago. Said he's heard from his sources that Stern has a plan to reallign the Western Conf. (east would remain the same) if Seattle moves to Oklahoma City. Here's what he said hes hearing the new divisions would be if Stern pushes to reallign (as expected, according to Bucher). Bucher said Stern's only reservation is splitting up the Texas teams by divisions, but he says that the commish thinks this plan makes the most sense geographically moving forward.

Take a look at that 2nd new division. Hardest. Division. Ever. 5 playoff teams.

Old:

Seattle
Portland
Minnesota
Utah
Denver

Sacramento
LA Lakers
LA Clippers
Golden State
Phoenix

New Orleans
San Antonio
Dallas
Houston
Memphis

New

Portland
LA Lakers
LA Clippers
Sacramento
Golden State

Denver
Phoenix
Utah
San Antonio
Dallas

Minnesota
Houston
Oklahoma City
Memphis
New Orleans

:lmao BRUTAL DIVISION........ it doesnt make sense either. This was from another forum so it may just be crap.

milkyway21
07-24-2008, 03:04 AM
Denver
Phoenix
Utah
San Antonio
Dallas

wow a powerhouse in the Spurs' division.

why don't they just cut the crap and give the next WC trophy to LA or NO? :lol

timvp
07-24-2008, 03:07 AM
Damn, that'd be a pretty tough division. Was Phoenix going to be too much trouble for the Lakers going forward? :rolleyes

Splitting up the Texas teams is pretty lame. And why would it not make sense to put Dallas in the same division as North Dallas AKA Oklahoma City?

This probably makes too much sense for the NBA but my alignment would be:

Portland
LA Lakers
LA Clippers
Sacramento
Golden State

Denver
Phoenix
Utah
Minnesota
Memphis

San Antonio
Dallas
Houston
Oklahoma City
New Orleans

Streakyshooter08
07-24-2008, 05:05 AM
Wow.

Denver
Phoenix
Utah
San Antonio
Dallas

That is tough. The Lakers would win their divison very easily. So would Houston/ NOH. In this tough division it will be even more difficult for Pop to rest the players. HCA will be really hard to get.

Obstructed_View
07-24-2008, 05:54 AM
Geographically, this makes sense and doesn't disrupt the Texas rivalries. I disagree with Timvp about OKC; Dallas should be required to make a flight that's longer than an hour to a division opponent at some point.

Portland
LA Lakers
LA Clippers
Sacramento
Golden State

Denver
Phoenix
Utah
Minnesota
Oklahoma City

San Antonio
Dallas
Houston
Memphis
New Orleans

Now, if you wanted to make everybody travel about the same amount, you'd break the teams up north to south, and you'd split the Lakers and Clippers up so they don't get a bunch of games where they don't have to travel and don't actually play on the road. It would lend some legitimacy to the Lakers winning the top seed if they didn't have four or five extra home games.

North
Portland
Minnesota
Utah
Denver
Sacramento

Central
Golden State
LA Lakers
Dallas
Oklahoma City
Memphis

South
New Orleans
Houston
San Antonio
Phoenix
LA Clippers

You could swap Dallas and Phoenix if you really cared about the regional rivalries.

mrspurs
07-24-2008, 07:06 AM
by saying it came from another forum, and no link, i dont see what yall see.....im gonna need some proof........

Mark in Austin
07-24-2008, 07:12 AM
well, the NBA has tried changing rules to keep the Spurs from winning rings, so realigning divisions to put the Spurs in a perpetual dogfight to wear them down before the playoffs makes a lot of sense as the next logical step.

Put LA in a division this tough and there would be immediate bitching and moaning from every media outlet outside of Texas...

ShoogarBear
07-24-2008, 07:48 AM
I guess since they haven't made any movement on changing the Hack-a-Shaq, this could suffice as Stern's yearly little F.U. to San Antonio.

Guajalote
07-24-2008, 08:25 AM
I'd like to see the NBA do what the NFL has done.

The NFL has a North, South, East, & West division in both conferences.

Although they're not afraid to put teams geographically isolated from certain divisions (St. Louis Rams in NFC West, Miami in AFC East's New England teams, Kansas City and Denver in AFC West), this would allow the league to shift teams from time to time to establish more parity, thus eliminating strong divisions like the current Southwest division, and propping up other weaker divisions like the current Northwest division.

SenorSpur
07-24-2008, 10:05 AM
Splitting up the Texas teams is pretty lame. And why would it not make sense to put Dallas in the same division as North Dallas AKA Oklahoma City?

This probably makes too much sense for the NBA but my alignment would be:

Portland
LA Lakers
LA Clippers
Sacramento
Golden State

Denver
Phoenix
Utah
Minnesota
Memphis

San Antonio
Dallas
Houston
Oklahoma City
New Orleans

It does make too much sense. Which is why it would probably never happen. The league should simply leave it the way it is and let OKC incur all the rigors and consequences with increased travel. Since it was the decision of new ownership to uproot the team in the first place, they should suffer some measure of inconvenience.

jbspurs
07-24-2008, 10:22 AM
Wow.

Denver
Phoenix
Utah
San Antonio
Dallas

That is tough. The Lakers would win their divison very easily. So would Houston/ NOH. In this tough division it will be even more difficult for Pop to rest the players. HCA will be really hard to get.

IMO, NO & HOUSTON > DENVER & PHOENIX

It'll be more tougher if we still have NO & Houston in our bracket.

manufor3
07-24-2008, 10:27 AM
IMO, NO & HOUSTON > DENVER & PHOENIX

It'll be more tougher if we still have NO & Houston in our bracket.

who cares, we've beaten all of them in the playoffs before

JamStone
07-24-2008, 10:50 AM
What they should do is send New Orleans back to the East to give the Eastern Conference another strong team and send Milwaukee to the Western Conference. OKC can just take NO's spot in the SW division.

New Orleans takes Washington's spot in the SE division. Washington goes to the Atlantic. Toronto goes to the Central. And, Milwaukee fills Seattle's spot in the NW division.

xtremesteven33
07-24-2008, 10:54 AM
send Chicago to the West and send New Orleans to the East

Manufan909
07-24-2008, 11:28 AM
Then we can see the Bulls in the second round instead of NO. It'll be Spurs-Cavs all over again.

wijayas
07-24-2008, 11:31 AM
Wow.

Denver
Phoenix
Utah
San Antonio
Dallas

another conspiracy against Spurs to win #5? :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes

JamStone
07-24-2008, 11:35 AM
Denver is in shambles. Phoenix is old. Utah is tough. But, Utah and Phoenix is about as tough as Houston and New Orleans, maybe easier. It's Denver that is better than Memphis that makes the division tougher. But, like I said, Denver is in shambles.

JamStone
07-24-2008, 11:37 AM
Then we can see the Bulls in the second round instead of NO. It'll be Spurs-Cavs all over again.

Spurs-Cavs for what?

Cavs aren't making it out of the East again anytime soon.

And, Lakers and Hornets will have something to say about the Spurs getting out of the West.

Doug Collins
07-24-2008, 11:39 AM
Move OKC to the southwest, memphis to the central, and Milwaukee to the Northwest.

Or I like the idea of making OKC stay in the northwest and forcing them to pay the additional costs of travel.

NuGGeTs-FaN
07-24-2008, 11:39 AM
Denver will OWN this season coz they are in shambles :lol No expectations, no pressure.....just go out and have fun

MoSpur
07-24-2008, 11:46 AM
This is stupid.

lebomb
07-24-2008, 11:49 AM
Should have been

Dallas
Houston
San Antonio
New Orleans
Oklahoma City

lefty
07-24-2008, 11:58 AM
Stern really wants to see New Orleans or LA in the Finals

nil.ball
07-24-2008, 11:58 AM
Quoting Mr. McDonald here,

I am lovin' it.

dbestpro
07-24-2008, 12:07 PM
Just move Memphis to the north and OKC to the Spurs division. That way when Memphis moves to Seattle you won't have to do anymore changes.

Just sayin.

nil.ball
07-24-2008, 12:14 PM
Just move Memphis to the north and OKC to the Spurs division. That way when Memphis moves to Seattle you won't have to do anymore changes.

Just sayin.

:wow
it may actually make sense.

lurker23
07-24-2008, 03:41 PM
As far as the OP goes, I found a forum that had the post that NuGGeTs-FaN copied over here (whether it's the original forum it was posted to or the one that he got it from, I'm not sure).

http://rubechat.kfan.com/forums/thread/2913539.aspx (link may or may not take a couple tries to load)

Note that this was first posted on April 17th, so it's not exactly fresh news. If this were going to happen, I think we'd find out about it very soon, and especially before the NBA schedule is released in early August.

41times
07-24-2008, 04:07 PM
Okay with Seattle moving to Oklahoma City, is there any chance the NBA re-aligns the SW division and adds OKC and subtracts Memphis? or just changes it all around?