PDA

View Full Version : Most Embarrassing Concert You Have Gone To

Thunder Dan
07-24-2008, 02:03 PM
You know, the concerts you don't want anyone to know you went to..let's hear it. I have a pretty shameful list. (btw it's supposed to read gone to..not gone do)

-Korn 3x
-Creed 4x
-Metallica/Kid Rock (I thought seeing Metallica live would make me like them....-but anything with Kid Rock deserves to be on the list)
- Stroke 9/ Nine Days
- 3 Doors Down/Shinedown (went to see Our Lady Peace open)
- Boyz II Men/ TLC/ Montell Jordan
- Goo Goo Dolls
- Disturbed
- Godsmack
- Nelly Fertaudo
- Matchbox 20
- NSYNC (you will do anything in High School to get laid)
- Blink 182/ Sum 41 (311 was also on the bill so it made it manageable, but as a high schooler I thought it was the best show ever)
- Lit
- (hed) P.E.
- Dane Cook
- Howie Day 2x (came to my college once)

thispego
07-24-2008, 02:05 PM
my mom and dad took a trip to florida and went to Sun Fest that was featuring fergie as the main act and she kept saying we are going to see fergie tonight and i was like mom, stop saying that.

leemajors
07-24-2008, 02:07 PM
after which time did you decide creed was a bad idea? or were they just touring with another band you like... yeah. i wouldn't be ashamed of that montell!

Spurminator
07-24-2008, 02:10 PM
Filter.

duncan228
07-24-2008, 02:14 PM
Backstreet Boys

Vinnie_Johnson
07-24-2008, 02:15 PM
Backstreet Boys

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner :lmao

Kori Ellis
Duran Duran

Thunder Dan
after which time did you decide creed was a bad idea? or were they just touring with another band you like... yeah. i wouldn't be ashamed of that montell!

Well the first Creed was during My Own Prison so they weren't all that bad yet..plus they were touring with Our Lady Peace which was my favorite band in high school (1998-2001 era)...so it was one of my first rock concerts ever, so you always think it was so much better than it was..which prompted me to the next show during the Human Clay tour. During the show Scott Stapp said something like "my voice is going out so we can either finish up, or come back another time".. well they did both. If you had a ticket stub for that show you got to go to another one a week later for $5. This was right in the middle of the whole With Arms Wide Open/ Higher Creed free fall.

After those 3 I really wasn't into Creed anymore for obvious reasons..however a couple of my friends were not done. Weathered came out (possibly the worst pile of dog crap ever) and my friends bought tickets and got one from me assuming I would go. I figured what the hell and I went, and it might have been the last time I ever purposely listened to Creed

ATRAIN
Selena /END THREAD

mrsmaalox
I went to Hannah Montana/Jonas Bros

Thunder Dan
07-24-2008, 02:16 PM
I went to Hannah Montana/Jonas Bros

wow that's awesome (and I'm using awesome in the context of this thread)

duncan228
07-24-2008, 02:17 PM
Winner Winner Chicken Dinner :lmao

:oops :lol

ATRAIN
07-24-2008, 02:18 PM
Well the first Creed was during My Own Prison so they weren't all that bad yet..plus they were touring with Our Lady Peace which was my favorite band in high school (1998-2001 era)...so it was one of my first rock concerts ever, so you always think it was so much better than it was..which prompted me to the next show during the Human Clay tour. During the show Scott Stapp said something like "my voice is going out so we can either finish up, or come back another time".. well they did both. If you had a ticket stub for that show you got to go to another one a week later for $5. This was right in the middle of the whole With Arms Wide Open/ Higher Creed free fall.

After those 3 I really wasn't into Creed anymore for obvious reasons..however a couple of my friends were not done. Weathered came out (possibly the worst pile of dog crap ever) and my friends bought tickets and got one from me assuming I would go. I figured what the hell and I went, and it might have been the last time I ever purposely listened to Creed

I saw Creed for free after their 2nd cd. I was working at a music store during that time and the promoter for Full Devil Jacket gave me 4 free tickets. The show got rained out and Full Devil pulled out and was replaced by finger 11. I pretty much went to see Finger 11 and left after Creed played my own prision (which they fucked up). There were only so many Stapp Jesus poses that I could take.

ATRAIN
07-24-2008, 02:21 PM
You know, the concerts you don't want anyone to know you went to..let's hear it. I have a pretty shameful list. (btw it's supposed to read gone to..not gone do)

-Korn 3x
-Creed 4x
-Metallica/Kid Rock (I thought seeing Metallica live would make me like them....-but anything with Kid Rock deserves to be on the list)
- Stroke 9/ Nine Days
- 3 Doors Down/Shinedown (went to see Our Lady Peace open)
- Boyz II Men/ TLC/ Montell Jordan
- Goo Goo Dolls
- Disturbed
- Godsmack
- Nelly Fertaudo
- Matchbox 20
- NSYNC (you will do anything in High School to get laid)
- Blink 182/ Sum 41 (311 was also on the bill so it made it manageable, but as a high schooler I thought it was the best show ever)
- Lit
- (hed) P.E.
- Dane Cook
- Howie Day 2x (came to my college once)

LOL my list looks pretty similar but some of those bands you listed ive seen and are guilty pleasures that I wont admit I like (no I dont mean Matchbox, NSYNC or NELLY FERTADO).

mrsmaalox
07-24-2008, 02:26 PM
Duran Duran

Hey! I went to Duran Duran and I liked it!! :lol

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-24-2008, 02:31 PM
-Korn 3x

Damn you.

DisAsTerBot
07-24-2008, 02:34 PM
NKOTB.....although the Tool/Melvins concert is right up there........

marini martini
07-24-2008, 02:42 PM
KISS

Flock of Seaguls

The Go Gos

Legs Diamond

ATRAIN
07-24-2008, 02:52 PM
Selena /END THREAD

No comments on this? Guess I am not the only one........damn beaners!!

marini martini
07-24-2008, 02:54 PM
Selena /END THREAD

I saw her at Market Square. I loved her, really:cry

leemajors
07-24-2008, 02:56 PM
i went to family values once. we got there a bit late, wanted to see redman/method man and primus. we were big primus fans, and thought there was no way they would open. we got there, and asked these girls near us who opened - they said it was three guys who acted like they wanted to be the beastie boys. we thought, cool, that had to be limp bizkit. the lights dimmed for the final act, and out of the darkness we heard "IT'S JUST ONE OF THOSE DAYS!!" and turned around and started yelling at the chicks we asked. we then bitched at my friend who said we should get there late. he was also the same dude who held up two lighters during take my picture. it sucked.

Thunder Dan
07-24-2008, 02:58 PM
i went to family values once. we got there a bit late, wanted to see redman/method man and primus. we were big primus fans, and thought there was no way they would open. we got there, and asked these girls near us who opened - they said it was three guys who acted like they wanted to be the beastie boys. we thought, cool, that had to be limp bizkit. the lights dimmed for the final act, and out of the darkness we heard "IT'S JUST ONE OF THOSE DAYS!!" and turned around and started yelling at the chicks we asked. we then bitched at my friend who said we should get there late. he was also the same dude who held up two lighters during take my picture. it sucked.

I bought that Family Values CD which I guess is equally as bad as going to the concert.

Somehow I managed to avoid a Limp Bizkit concert while I was younger...but those shitty Korn shows make up for that

florige
07-24-2008, 03:00 PM
Probably when Miley Cyrus and DMX toured together.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
07-24-2008, 03:53 PM
Bto.

mrsmaalox
07-24-2008, 03:57 PM
Bto.

When was that? I haven't been aware of them performing recently. In fact I saw Randy Bachman's son, Tal, sing at a club in DC a few years back and he must've been 40 at the time!

Spurminator
07-24-2008, 04:00 PM

Wait, so the girls were describing Primus?

FromWayDowntown
07-24-2008, 04:05 PM
Kenny Rogers?

ashbeeigh
07-24-2008, 04:05 PM
Backstreet Boys

BSB plus Hanson. But I was 14.

mrsmaalox
07-24-2008, 04:27 PM
Kenny Rogers?

definitely a contender

Slydragon
07-24-2008, 04:34 PM
Why all the Korn hate? There last few CDs have been sorry but I still jam to the older Cds

Vinnie_Johnson
07-24-2008, 04:35 PM
:oops :lol

You deserve an award or something for that.:king

leemajors
07-24-2008, 04:50 PM
Wait, so the girls were describing Primus?

yes. we immediately rejected that this could be primus, and assumed they were headlining.

Solid D
07-24-2008, 04:57 PM
Okay, gulp, this is going to take some guts....

here goes. I once accompanied my wife as her date to a Barry Manilow concert. I think there were a couple of other men there too, though.

marini martini
07-24-2008, 05:10 PM

here goes. I once accompanied my wife as her date to a Barry Manilow concert. I think there were a couple of other men there too, though.

For the win!:toast

Brutalis
07-24-2008, 05:11 PM
Hootie and the Blowfish.

It was free though.

Oh and Nappy Roots. That was free also.

alamo50
07-24-2008, 05:12 PM
Dolly Parton about a month ago.
My girlfriend loves her and I was impressed........by the music.

Spurminator
07-24-2008, 05:17 PM
Dolly Parton about a month ago.
My girlfriend loves her and I was impressed........by the music.

Did she sing Stairway to Heaven?

2Blonde
07-24-2008, 05:31 PM
I can beat those. :lol

My List:

Neil Diamond
Barney
Tom Jones

Thunder Dan
07-24-2008, 05:45 PM
Why all the Korn hate? There last few CDs have been sorry but I still jam to the older Cds

I guess they aren't that bad- I stopped listening to them in 2004 or somewhere around there

DoitforJOHNNNY!
07-24-2008, 07:11 PM
New Kids.....uhhhhhhhh

slayermin
07-24-2008, 08:13 PM
collective soul

Mr. Peabody
07-24-2008, 08:18 PM
A KTFM Summer Jam with some chick I used to date. It was nothing but a bunch of little thugs wearing their shorts down to their ankles with socks up to their knees.

I was in loafers and slacks and almost got stabbed.

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-24-2008, 08:53 PM

I know huh.
A little secret... Korn is my favorite band.

ShoogarBear
07-24-2008, 08:57 PM
Backstreet Boys

:lol Did you take you son to that?

ShoogarBear
07-24-2008, 08:59 PM

Finally. You did not fail. :lmao

ShoogarBear
07-24-2008, 09:01 PM
My shameful admission:

Kenny G

cornbread
07-24-2008, 11:01 PM
Vertical Horizons

duncan228
07-24-2008, 11:11 PM
:lol Did you take you son to that?

Yes. But I made up for it a couple of years later and took him to see Bruce Springsteen.

Cry Havoc
07-25-2008, 01:12 AM
Sixpence None the Richer. Buah hah hah.

danman
07-25-2008, 01:21 AM
I once attended a concert of Mark Madsen formerly of the Lakers where he did Karaoke and did his dance for three hours.

AlamoSpursFan
07-25-2008, 02:48 AM
a-Ha at The Majestic, 1986-ish.

Although that one paid of a little when Little ASF and her friend were dancing to Take On Me on Dance Dance Revolution and I told them I had seen them in concert. They were suitably impressed. :lol

Oh and I once saw Cheap Trick at La Semana Allegre because the chick I was trying (successfully) to violate that evening loved them. What a bunch of no-talent pussified hacks. That was embarrassing.

ATRAIN
07-25-2008, 07:32 AM
I guess they aren't that bad- I stopped listening to them in 2004 or somewhere around there

I liked their first, third, and fourth cd. After that the rest pretty much sucked ass.

ATRAIN
07-25-2008, 07:33 AM
Sixpence None the Richer. Buah hah hah.

Dude that song they had got me laid one time..........good times!!

JoeChalupa
07-25-2008, 08:12 AM
I went to see the Go-Go's. But the plus side was that there were so many hotties dressed in Go-G0 gear.