PDA

View Full Version : Dynamo Offers Delonte West $5 Millions Per Year Net

Kill_Bill_Pana
07-24-2008, 09:03 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AvMd1Gw4AeNubI1z84aO_Lc5nYcB?slug=aw-west072408&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

But remembers again US sports writer of article forget this is $5 million after taxes. Is same as $9 millions per year. This like $9 millions NBA gross contract. Stern must be regret piss off Europe owners now.

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-24-2008, 09:07 PM
He's gonna take that deal.

remingtonbo2001
07-24-2008, 09:08 PM
:lmao @ European clubs paying top dollar for 2nd rate talent.

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-24-2008, 09:08 PM
It's as if all European teams just held back and decided that this is the summer they take some of our free agents.

Europe: Hold (2006), hold... (2007), fire! (2008).

manufor3
07-24-2008, 09:09 PM
euro league is screwing us

Indazone
07-24-2008, 09:10 PM
Well 2010 is the year that there are a lot of free agents and I will also bet that that is also the year that a lot of the Euroleague Teams will make their biggest offers yet. That is when the Euroleague makes a ridiculous offer to Agent Zero, Lebron James, and a whole slew of others. Even T-Mac's contract is up and so is Yao's.

Stump
07-24-2008, 09:17 PM
Suddenly these teams that played 'wait and see' with their free agents look really stupid.

Gino2882
07-24-2008, 09:32 PM
Suddenly these teams that played 'wait and see' with their free agents look really stupid.

Not even so much the wait and see. What is hilarious to me is the teams that have restricted free agents. Teams get bullish and think they have leverage in contract talks. Look at Josh Childress, Atlanta screwed around and all the sudden Childress is playing 40 games in Greek for 10 milly a year.

Kriz-Maxima
07-24-2008, 09:34 PM
It's as if all European teams just held back and decided that this is the summer they take some of our free agents.

:lol

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-24-2008, 09:37 PM
What's next? Matt Bonner for 3 years, 30 million? :lol

ducks
07-24-2008, 09:40 PM
ferry just got fired

ducks
07-24-2008, 09:40 PM
james is going to be thrilled:lol:lol:lol:lol

tp2021
07-24-2008, 09:42 PM

I heard Animalcrakos is offering him $73 million.

Stump
07-24-2008, 09:48 PM
Not even so much the wait and see. What is hilarious to me is the teams that have restricted free agents. Teams get bullish and think they have leverage in contract talks. Look at Josh Childress, Atlanta screwed around and all the sudden Childress is playing 40 games in Greek for 10 milly a year.
Hey, in the past it worked, but the rules of the game have suddenly changed.

As disappointed as I am to see this happening, it makes me feel considerably better about the Splitter debacle.

Spur-Addict
07-24-2008, 10:13 PM

Lets hope.

Spurtacus
07-24-2008, 10:16 PM

That would be perfect.

One NBA player leaves means another gets a chance to play in the NBA.

robbie380
07-24-2008, 10:17 PM

more like this happened....euro v dollar

http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/4566/euroio1.th.jpg (http://img59.imageshack.us/my.php?image=euroio1.jpg)

Kill_Bill_Pana
07-24-2008, 10:19 PM

I not think even Russian owners is this dumb.

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-24-2008, 10:20 PM

:lmao :lmao
That's going in the sig.

Bartleby
07-24-2008, 10:25 PM
As disappointed as I am to see this happening, it makes me feel considerably better about the Splitter debacle.

Yeah, I know what you mean, but when Splitter first signed with Tau earlier this summer, I thought there was still a slim chance he might come to the NBA in 2010. Now it looks like there's no fucking way that's going to happen.

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-24-2008, 10:55 PM

:lmao Hilarous.

This post brought to you by:

http://images.musicclub.it/foto/iv/big/Ivan_Drago.tif.big.jpg

I will break you

Kobe24Forever
07-24-2008, 11:16 PM
what about your boy Spanoulis who bolted because he can't hang with the big boys? Don't tell me it's money issue as well.

E20
07-24-2008, 11:30 PM
It's................

"I must break you."

J.T.
07-24-2008, 11:41 PM
It's................

"I must break you."

Go figure E20 comes in here to defend the misquoting of a Stallone movie.

JamStone
07-24-2008, 11:47 PM
Well, he is in Cleveland. Europe is a huge step up.

IronMexican
07-24-2008, 11:55 PM
Well, he is in Cleveland. Europe is a huge step up.

:lol

TheMadHatter
07-25-2008, 12:04 AM
I just can't get over how much of a street bum Delonte looks and sounds like.

Ill Cosby
07-25-2008, 07:35 AM
:lmao @ European clubs paying top dollar for 2nd rate talent.

*ahem* 3rd rate

Kill_Bill_Pana
07-25-2008, 08:12 AM
what about your boy Spanoulis who bolted because he can't hang with the big boys? Don't tell me it's money issue as well.

Jeff Van Gundy have personal grudge with him. It is nothing to do "with hang with big boys". Yao and McGrady admit in interviews he was third best player on team in practice even as rookie.

And Spurs and Rockets was pay him 3 years $6 million US gross.

In Panathinaikos he make 3 years $18 million US gross.

So yes he get 3 times more in Greece than in NBA. He also is able opt out of contract for no cost after each season with Panathinaikos contract. NBA teams not allow such things they think players is like slaves.

VaSpursFan
07-25-2008, 08:15 AM
he's taking this deal...he's crazy if he doesn't.

remingtonbo2001
07-25-2008, 10:12 AM
It wont be long before that 1st rate talent starts to follow buddy.

:lmao Please.

Top athletes/players can't get the same type of endorsment $$$ that they recieve in the U.S.

Anti.Hero
07-25-2008, 10:24 AM
That globalization is a real bitch.

Kill_Bill_Pana
07-25-2008, 12:25 PM
:lmao Please.

Top athletes/players can't get the same type of endorsment $$$ that they recieve in the U.S.

You believe this? Many athletes in Europe have just as big endorsements as any NBA player. And also some basketball players have shoe contracts. Diamantidis have big shoe contract with Nike.

Obstructed_View
07-25-2008, 05:19 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AvMd1Gw4AeNubI1z84aO_Lc5nYcB?slug=aw-west072408&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

But remembers again US sports writer of article forget this is $5 million after taxes. Is same as $9 millions per year. This like $9 millions NBA gross contract. Stern must be regret piss off Europe owners now.

Yeah, the NBA is really going to mourn the loss of Delonte West. What? You mean West didn't just jump at an outrageous offer like that? :lmao :lmao

The Franchise
07-25-2008, 05:22 PM
You believe this? Many athletes in Europe have just as big endorsements as any NBA player. And also some basketball players have shoe contracts. Diamantidis have big shoe contract with Nike.

Is true!! NBA player player no get endorsement like have here.

Tully365
07-25-2008, 07:49 PM
more like this happened....euro v dollar

http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/4566/euroio1.th.jpg (http://img59.imageshack.us/my.php?image=euroio1.jpg)

That's it in a nutshell-- money. Same reason we couldn't get Maggette. That's why I think this is more than just a passing trend. If the U.S. is headed for a 1970s type of recession, this could get much worse. The floodgates will really open when the first all-star goes over there. Next year's draft is going to be crazy because euro-teams will probably start offering top college guys big money, realizing this is where they can seriously outbid the NBA.

DaDakota
07-25-2008, 08:33 PM

Actually it was about money, he signed for less to play in Houston, was screwed over by the coach and organization about playing time, then basically got out of his contract with the Spurs and signed a bigger one in Europe.

Pretty good move on his part financially if you ask me.

DD

PacerFan
07-25-2008, 10:22 PM
I can't believe the Delonte West's of the world are getting this type of money in Europe. It seems like a bad investment.

Obstructed_View
07-26-2008, 03:55 AM
That's it in a nutshell-- money. Same reason we couldn't get Maggette. That's why I think this is more than just a passing trend. If the U.S. is headed for a 1970s type of recession, this could get much worse. The floodgates will really open when the first all-star goes over there. Next year's draft is going to be crazy because euro-teams will probably start offering top college guys big money, realizing this is where they can seriously outbid the NBA.

Doubtful that the economy is going to turn that badly. Some folks have been talking down the economy for three years and doing as much as they can to sabotage the dollar over the last year, but that should end as soon as they get their candidate in the white house. Hopefully they'll right the ship before they start redistributing wealth. If they don't, we'll have a lot more to worry about than NBA players bolting for mob and oil money.

ArgSpursFan.
07-26-2008, 06:40 AM

Plizzeeeee,make it happen!!!!!NOWWW

ducks
07-26-2008, 10:12 AM
Report that West has big-money offer in Russia is false

For those scoffing at the notion of top NBA players defecting to Europe, wake up.
With the euro being so strong and the U.S. dollar sagging miserably, notable players such as Josh Childress and Bostjan Nachbar have already begun their sojourn overseas.
However, Cavaliers point guard Delonte West probably won't be joining them. An Internet report saying he received a lucrative offer from Dynamo Moscow in Russia is false.
Nachbar, who played in New Jersey last year, recently signed a three-year, $14.3 million deal with Dynamo. That pretty much ate up the rest of Dynamo's payroll.
Besides, they already have a pretty good point guard in former Oklahoma star Hollis Price.
When contacted on Friday, Cavs general manager Danny Ferry said as per team policy, he wouldn't comment on negotiations.
But what he could have said was the Internet report was bogus. How would he know? He was in Moscow on Friday and spoke to Dynamo coach David Blatt.
Agents bluff every day in this free-agent process. Perhaps West's agents have talked to teams overseas, but there are only a few teams in Europe that can make a splash like Olympiacos in Greece, who signed former Hawks forward Childress to a three-year, $20 million deal on Thursday.
The 6-foot-3, 180-pound West is a restricted free agent who has been locked in negotiations with the Cavs since July 1. The negotiations have not been going very smoothly.
A source said the Cavs' offer is far less than the mid-level exception of $5.6 million. Since there are only a couple teams with enough money to pay more than the mid-level, there is no market pressure on the Cavs to do so. However, he is their starting point guard.
The Cavs have probably told West's representatives to go out and find an offer sheet. Because he's restricted, though, other teams are reluctant to make a formal offer.
The threat of going to Europe, however, is becoming viable. The Cavs have the right to match any offer West receives from other NBA teams. If West would sign overseas, he would still be the Cavs' restricted free agent when he returned.
West, who turns 25 today, averaged 10.3 points, 4.5 assists and 3.7 rebounds in 26 regular-season games with the Cavs.
The Cavs signed guard Daniel "Boobie" Gibson to a five-year, $21 million deal last week.
Ferry said he holds West in high regard.
"During his free agency, we have consistently communicated that we believe Delonte is a good player," he said.
Looking for new home
Among the teams showing interest in former Cavs guard Devin Brown are Dallas, New Orleans, Denver and Atlanta. To a lesser extent, both Miami and Washington have made contact with Brown's representatives.
Brown played a team-high 78 games for the Cavs last year, which included 20 starts. He averaged 7.5 points.
http://www.news-herald.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=19872703&BRD=1698&PAG=461&dept_id=21848&rfi=6

ducks
07-26-2008, 11:23 PM
no comment from anyone about this

DaDakota
07-26-2008, 11:29 PM
Typical......most of those reports are full of crap, just taken from bogus internet message boards.....and then regurgitated as actual offers.

Sometimes the internet is crap other times gold.

Lazy reporting.....

DD