PDA

View Full Version : Lazy B*stards

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-24-2008, 10:40 PM
So... we got new management at my apt. complex here in Dallas.

They gave everyone a survey before July's rent was due asking for us to vote on our top 2 amenities to add here at the apt. complex.

Here was the list:

__ Sand volleyball court

__ New equipment in the fitness center

__ Expand the fitness center to put in a half court basketball court

__ One time pool party with free beer

__ "Valet" door front trash pickup nightly (for deposit into the various dumpsters around the complex)

__ Installation of a jogging trail around the complex (estimated distance: 1.1 mile loop)

Guess what won:

If you had one time pool party with beer and door front trash pickup, give yourself a pat on the back.

Coulda had a beach vball court, an overhauled gym, halfcourt bball, jogging trail, but we go with the lazy ass shit of doorfront trash pickup.

Lazy bastards. What a fucking joke. Yay, get door front trash pickup instead of walking all of 100 ft. to one of the various dumpsters around the complex.

Good thing 'leased BMW wash and wax' wasn't on the list.

Booharv
07-24-2008, 10:44 PM
I'd definitely go with door front trash pickup myself.

As a matter of fact, I'd vote for it both times just to be sure.

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-24-2008, 10:48 PM
I crashed with a buddy up here for two months while I was looking for a job after graduating. His complex had doorfront pickup as well, and the lasting impressions were roaches and ants making camp at the front door of every apartment at the complex.

Two months after he moved out, they discontinued it due to out of control bug populations.

In short, it's a fucking stupid idea, certainly not as good as having a beach vball court or improving our workout facilities.

Of course half the people at my complex are out of shape fat fucks, so I guess it shouldn't have surprised me.

tlongII
07-24-2008, 10:58 PM
Recount!

Brutalis
07-24-2008, 11:01 PM
You said pick two, did another one win also?

Dude you live in Dallas did you honestly expect anything less?

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-24-2008, 11:25 PM
You said pick two, did another one win also?

Dude you live in Dallas did you honestly expect anything less?

If you had (1) one time pool party with beer and (2) door front trash pickup, give yourself a pat on the back.

I didn't, it just pisses me off that I was right. Half of the people in my complex have to suck in their gut to make it through the front door.

Like I said, lazy bastards.

spurs_fan_in_exile
07-24-2008, 11:36 PM
They had front door pick up at our old apartment complex when I first moved in. You do it everyday and it's not much of a problem. However, when you decide to cut staff and other maintence corners by reducing the pickups to twice a week you end up with piles of trash that sit for 48 hours at a time and a fucking army of feral cats roaming the place.

It always baffled me why they had it in the first place as the one thing this complex had plenty of was dumpsters spaced throughout the complex. (Of course, the way our neighbors dumpster dove they probably could have just painted the word "Swap Meet" on the side of the damn things.) With the exception of occasional rain days, there was nothing that grueling about the 100 yards walk to find one.

It's nice to know Houston doesn't have the market completely cornered on lazy, useless tennants. Thanks AHF.

Brutalis
07-24-2008, 11:37 PM
Ah I read it wrong.

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-24-2008, 11:44 PM
It's nice to know Houston doesn't have the market completely cornered on lazy, useless tennants. Thanks AHF.

I do what I can. :depressed

The sad thing is when I read the options over, I knew what would win. I hate this town. Full lazy fuckers.

I voted for a beach vball court and a halfcourt bball court as I already have a gym membership, but I knew the gay ass trash pickup would be one of the two picked.

Wasn't sure on the second, but somehow in the back of my mind could see people voting for a one time pool party. BTW, they already had the pool party.

Keystone Light and Natty Light for the free beer :vomit:

T Park
07-25-2008, 12:27 AM
damn, indoor half court basketball.

Nice, could've waited out the regulars and had it all to yourself and gotten the jumper well framed.

Freaking Dallas :lol

midgetonadonkey
07-25-2008, 12:38 AM
From reading the thread title, I thought the tread was going to be about black people.

mrsmaalox
07-25-2008, 12:44 AM
That's really terrible. Why would anyone want to have a party with other tenants? They really got off cheap.