PDA

View Full Version : So what happens to Biedrins?

MoSpur
07-25-2008, 08:25 AM
The Warriors restricted free agent doesn't seem like he's coming back because of the Warriors signing Ellis to that huge contract.

Are there any chances the Spurs can make a trade for him or offer him anything? I doubt they could offer him a contract w/out a trade.

His agent is saying he has offers from a European team to play for about $10 million a year.

A source close to the Warriors’ fifth-year center said European teams are hot and heavy after Biedrins. The Latvia native is drawing strong interest in a couple Russian clubs, according to the source, who added that teams are willing to sign him for three to five years for what amounts to more than $10 million a year.

http://www.ibabuzz.com/warriors/2008/07/24/andris-to-europe/

urunobili
07-25-2008, 08:43 AM
we have nothing outside our big 4 to offer them....

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-25-2008, 09:27 AM
It was never an either/or thing as far as him or Ellis went, GS has always planned to sign both to deals in the neighborhood of 10 mil a year.

His agent is just doing his job and leveraging European offers against GS to get his client more money from the Warriors. Smart move.

But a non-starter as far as a conversation involving him and the Spurs go.

Buddy Holly
07-25-2008, 09:59 AM
Bonner, Oberto, Finley, Udoka, Splitter, draft picks, money for Jax and Biedrins.

http://arcade.svatopluk.com/pipe_dream/pipe_dream_2.png

MoSpur
07-25-2008, 11:10 AM
Man Jax and Biedrins to the Spurs would be awesome. I wouldn't mind letting Oberto and Bonner go for Biedrins, but don't think salaries would work and doubt the Warriors would go for it.

bigdog
07-25-2008, 11:17 AM
I'd love it, but there's no way we can do it.

He's supposedly getting some nice offers in Europe and if not then the Warriors definitely want to keep him.

DROB4EVER
07-25-2008, 04:27 PM
GS will offer him about 45-50 mil over 6 yrs. Unless he gets that over seas he will be with warriors. I can see a slight chance that someone offers him a 2yr 20mil offer overseas and he takes that and comes back to get a contract from an NBA team, but I think he is toped out as a Basket ball player. He is a garbage guy with few skills.

I think he is only a good fit for running teams or as a 7th man energy guy. Not worth 50 to most teams

JamStone
07-25-2008, 04:35 PM
I don't get any infatuation with Biedrins. I don't think he's that good. He's a Ben Wallace equivalent at the free throw line. He has near zero offensive skill. He's light in the ass and gets pushed around by any legitimate sized big man. He's all arms and legs and still doesn't block shots at a high rate for his size or position. And, while his rebounding is very good, he plays in a style of play that makes him look like a better rebounder than he actually is. I don't think he's worth anywhere close to $10 million a year. To me, by NBA standards, he's worth just above the MLE.

DROB4EVER
07-25-2008, 04:43 PM
I don't get any infatuation with Biedrins. I don't think he's that good. He's a Ben Wallace equivalent at the free throw line. He has near zero offensive skill. He's light in the ass and gets pushed around by any legitimate sized big man. He's all arms and legs and still doesn't block shots at a high rate for his size or position. And, while his rebounding is very good, he plays in a style of play that makes him look like a better rebounder than he actually is. I don't think he's worth anywhere close to $10 million a year. To me, by NBA standards, he's worth just above the MLE.

You said it! But his asking price according to his agent is 55mil, the same deal Chris Kaman got. Who in my belief is the second best C in the Leauge.

mrspurs
07-25-2008, 05:26 PM
yeah...biedrins reminds me of fab alot...not sure who i personally would pick up if i had to choose....

alamo50
07-25-2008, 06:45 PM
yeah...biedrins reminds me of fab alot.......

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

:rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

Manu-of-steel
07-25-2008, 07:31 PM
no way we can get him. let's sign gist. he'll be a monster of a player,imo, if given time to develop.

MarHill
07-25-2008, 07:43 PM
yeah...biedrins reminds me of fab alot...not sure who i personally would pick up if i had to choose....

No Biedrins doesn't!! He's okay, but people are overhyping him.

Plus Fab plays very well with Tim and Manu!!!!

Leave my man Oberto alone!!:lol