PDA

View Full Version : NFL: Boldin tells agent to stop negotiating with Cardinals

ATRAIN
07-25-2008, 09:11 AM
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/fb/texansfront/5906559.html

Arizona Cardinals

Star WR Anquan Boldin says the Cardinals lied to him about a new contract and that he has no desire to re-sign with the organization.

Boldin, a two-time Pro Bowl player and a team captain last season, said he was promised a new contract before this season and has directed his agent to stop negotiations with the team.

Dallas Cowboys

Only veteran receiver Terry Glenn and the Cowboys’ two first-round draft choices remain unsigned after three more of their draft picks signed contracts Thursday, the day the team reported to Oxnard, Calif. for training camp.

Glenn has refused to sign an injury waiver that would reduce his salary from $1.74 million to $500,000 if he hurt his right knee again and were unable to play.

The Cowboys also haven’t come to terms with RB Felix Jones from Arkansas or CB Mike Jenkins from South Florida.

Signing were TE Martellus Bennett, a second-round pick from Texas A&M; RB Tashard Choice, a fourth-round pick from Georgia Tech; and LB Erik Walden, a sixth-round pick from Middle Tennessee State.

Denver Broncos

Longtime receiver Rod Smith is retiring.

Smith, 38, is the franchise’s career leader in every major receiving category. He holds franchise records for career receptions (849), receiving yards (11,389), touchdown catches (68), touchdowns (71) and 100-yard games (31).

Green Bay Packers

There were plenty of No. 4 jerseys in the stands and a smattering of jeers for general manager Ted Thompson at Thursday morning’s annual meeting of Packers shareholders at Lambeau Field.

But given the chance to air their grievances directly to the team’s leadership, shareholders didn’t turn the meeting into one big bring-back-Brett Favre rally.

Instead, most of the 9,375 people who attended the meeting pleasantly applauded Thompson and team president and CEO Mark Murphy, then gave a sustained standing ovation to head coach Mike McCarthy.

The Packers had scheduled a ceremony to retire Favre’s jersey in conjunction with the Sept. 8 season opener against Minnesota at Lambeau Field.

But with Favre now considering playing again in 2008 and locked in a standoff with Packers management about his future in football, Murphy acknowledged the ceremony might have to be postponed.

New England Patriots

The Patriots signed their first-round draft pick, LB Jerod Mayo, bringing their last unsigned selection into the fold as the defending AFC champions opened training camp and began their quest to put last season behind them.

New York Giants

Super Bowl hero David Tyree was placed on the physically unable to perform list by the Giants because of lingering problems during his recovery from surgery on his right knee.

Oakland Raiders

Star cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha officially signed his $9.765 million franchise player tender offer and joined the team in time for its first training camp practice.

San Francisco 49ers

The 49ers have signed DL Kentwan Balmer, getting their first-round draft pick into training camp a few hours before the team’s first meeting.

ATRAIN
07-25-2008, 09:12 AM
Boldin has 3 years left on his contract, I wonder if they will try and trade him off.

Evan
07-25-2008, 09:54 AM
Cowboys will get their picks signed within the next week and I hope they do whatever it is they can to get Boldin.

Evan
07-25-2008, 10:02 AM
Boldin has 3 years left on his contract, I wonder if they will try and trade him off.

Look who his agent is.

And for some reason WR's in the NFL are insane.

ATRAIN
07-25-2008, 10:08 AM
Cowboys will get their picks signed within the next week and I hope they do whatever it is they can to get Boldin.

Well im sure if they do decide to trade him he would cost a pretty penny and yeah your right recievers are crazy, BUT they do usually get what they want and a lot of teams over-pay for them. I think the cards can get some good things for him and they already have Fitz locked down so I wouldnt be worried if I were them.

Spuradicator
07-25-2008, 10:08 AM
Cowboys wont make a move for him this year. Not enough cap left for them.

Boldin will play this year for the Cardinals.

After this year I think he is on a different team however. Man, I'd love to see him in a Titans jersey. Love the way that guy plays.

ATRAIN
07-25-2008, 10:13 AM

Boldin will play this year for the Cardinals.

After this year I think he is on a different team however. Man, I'd love to see him in a Titans jersey. Love the way that guy plays.

I was thinking thats the team that needs a WR most, could they make a play for him this year? Would they considering that they didnt draft any of the top WR's?

Spuradicator
07-25-2008, 10:19 AM
I was thinking thats the team that needs a WR most, could they make a play for him this year? Would they considering that they didnt draft any of the top WR's?

Titans have the cap, but there are no rumblings from them or any other team at the moment. I would think Boldin would want to go to Miami however to be closer to home.

I just don't think the Cards will trade him period this year. Its not like Boldin is sitting out and being a distraction. He's got 3 years left on his deal. He's not going anywhere. Maybe after the season and before the draft he might be moved.

Evan
07-25-2008, 10:34 AM

Cowboys are in win now mode without very much backloaded cap money from restructering contracts so they have more than enough room to do whatever they want. Their cap is just fine since they have done a good job drafting and are re-signing their own players for the most part and not overpaying on the FA market.

Spuradicator
07-25-2008, 10:46 AM
Cowboys are in win now mode without very much backloaded cap money from restructering contracts so they have more than enough room to do whatever they want. Their cap is just fine since they have done a good job drafting and are re-signing their own players for the most part and not overpaying on the FA market.

I didn't say they are in a bad cap situation. I know they have alot of their money tied into the un-capped year of 2010, which is smart. But I read they had just enough cap THIS year to sign all their draft picks. Plus Boldin wants a new deal that pays him top dollar, and as you said, the Cowboys have done a good job at not overpaying free agents or someone who would join the team in a trade. Plus DWare is next in line to get a well deserved payday.

Im sure if Jerry wanted Boldin, he could get him, but he has said he is more than satisfied with the Cowboys WR situation.

I think next year the Cowboys should go for a FA WR such as Roy Williams or Boldin. Its not happening this year though.

Evan
07-25-2008, 11:04 AM
I didn't say they are in a bad cap situation. I know they have alot of their money tied into the un-capped year of 2010, which is smart. But I read they had just enough cap THIS year to sign all their draft picks. Plus Boldin wants a new deal that pays him top dollar, and as you said, the Cowboys have done a good job at not overpaying free agents or someone who would join the team in a trade. Plus DWare is next in line to get a well deserved payday.

Im sure if Jerry wanted Boldin, he could get him, but he has said he is more than satisfied with the Cowboys WR situation.

I think next year the Cowboys should go for a FA WR such as Roy Williams or Boldin. Its not happening this year though.

Ok fair enough.

My main point is if they need to Jerry won't hesitate to restructure someone to get him if the oportunity arises.

Especially since I expect Glenn to be released before the weekend is over. If that happens and we don't get 'someone else' I pray Patrick continues his steady improvement. TO still has a lot left but I fully expect him to miss about 3 games due to something.

If you put aside his last game and mouth the kid is good and getting better.

bigdog
07-25-2008, 11:29 AM
I believe there has to be some kind of option after this year for Boldin, because on ESPN they reported he would play out this year in the contract, then leave to another team. So that must mean he will be a free agent.

If that's true, Jerry Jones just creamed his pants and Boldin could very well be on his way to Dallas after this season. :toast

bigdog
07-25-2008, 11:31 AM
Ok fair enough.

My main point is if they need to Jerry won't hesitate to restructure someone to get him if the oportunity arises.

Especially since I expect Glenn to be released before the weekend is over. If that happens and we don't get 'someone else' I pray Patrick continues his steady improvement. TO still has a lot left but I fully expect him to miss about 3 games due to something.

If you put aside his last game and mouth the kid is good and getting better.

I like Crayton, but I don't think he's good enough to be a #2 receiver, at least not consistently. He can't consistently back up the words that come out of his big mouth, and that hurt him last year, even though it was a solid year for him.

For some reason I feel like Miles Austin will step up this year and do some good things for Dallas. Hurd is good, but I think Austin will be better. I'm not as high on Stanback as everyone else is.

Evan
07-25-2008, 11:35 AM
I like Crayton, but I don't think he's good enough to be a #2 receiver, at least not consistently. He can't consistently back up the words that come out of his big mouth, and that hurt him last year, even though it was a solid year for him.

For some reason I feel like Miles Austin will step up this year and do some good things for Dallas. Hurd is good, but I think Austin will be better. I'm not as high on Stanback as everyone else is.

Honestly I am not sure he is a true #2 either of course but he's better than nothing and I think he could be a number #2 by the time the year is up.

Thankfully we have Witten and I would take him over a typical number 2 WR anyday.

Evan
07-25-2008, 11:36 AM
I believe there has to be some kind of option after this year for Boldin, because on ESPN they reported he would play out this year in the contract, then leave to another team. So that must mean he will be a free agent.

If that's true, Jerry Jones just creamed his pants and Boldin could very well be on his way to Dallas after this season. :toast

How much you want to bet Jerry had a long talk with his agent about it during the TO negotiations.... :downspin:

Evan
07-25-2008, 02:31 PM
Terry Glenn signed the contract.

So there's that

GaryJohnston
07-26-2008, 09:55 AM
I would be pleasently suprised if we reel Boldin in.

O-Factor
07-26-2008, 11:43 AM
Honestly I am not sure he is a true #2 either of course but he's better than nothing and I think he could be a number #2 by the time the year is up.

Thankfully we have Witten and I would take him over a typical number 2 WR anyday.

Really Crayton is our #3 after Owens AND Witten.

But Im excited about the young guys Hurd, Austin, Stanback, and possibly Jefferson and Amendola

O-Factor
07-26-2008, 11:44 AM
I like Boldin, but I like the WR Roy Williams more.

Spurtacus
07-26-2008, 03:35 PM
Can the Cowboys afford to extend Ware AND trade for either Boldin or Roy Williams?

Fillmoe
07-26-2008, 04:50 PM
send him to SF

Biggems
07-26-2008, 09:56 PM
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/fb/texansfront/5906559.html

Arizona Cardinals

Star WR Anquan Boldin says the Cardinals lied to him about a new contract and that he has no desire to re-sign with the organization.

Boldin, a two-time Pro Bowl player and a team captain last season, said he was promised a new contract before this season and has directed his agent to stop negotiations with the team.

Dallas Cowboys

Only veteran receiver Terry Glenn and the Cowboys’ two first-round draft choices remain unsigned after three more of their draft picks signed contracts Thursday, the day the team reported to Oxnard, Calif. for training camp.

Glenn has refused to sign an injury waiver that would reduce his salary from $1.74 million to $500,000 if he hurt his right knee again and were unable to play.

The Cowboys also haven’t come to terms with RB Felix Jones from Arkansas or CB Mike Jenkins from South Florida.

Signing were TE Martellus Bennett, a second-round pick from Texas A&M; RB Tashard Choice, a fourth-round pick from Georgia Tech; and LB Erik Walden, a sixth-round pick from Middle Tennessee State.

Denver Broncos

Longtime receiver Rod Smith is retiring.

Smith, 38, is the franchise’s career leader in every major receiving category. He holds franchise records for career receptions (849), receiving yards (11,389), touchdown catches (68), touchdowns (71) and 100-yard games (31).

Green Bay Packers

There were plenty of No. 4 jerseys in the stands and a smattering of jeers for general manager Ted Thompson at Thursday morning’s annual meeting of Packers shareholders at Lambeau Field.

But given the chance to air their grievances directly to the team’s leadership, shareholders didn’t turn the meeting into one big bring-back-Brett Favre rally.

Instead, most of the 9,375 people who attended the meeting pleasantly applauded Thompson and team president and CEO Mark Murphy, then gave a sustained standing ovation to head coach Mike McCarthy.

The Packers had scheduled a ceremony to retire Favre’s jersey in conjunction with the Sept. 8 season opener against Minnesota at Lambeau Field.

But with Favre now considering playing again in 2008 and locked in a standoff with Packers management about his future in football, Murphy acknowledged the ceremony might have to be postponed.

New England Patriots

The Patriots signed their first-round draft pick, LB Jerod Mayo, bringing their last unsigned selection into the fold as the defending AFC champions opened training camp and began their quest to put last season behind them.

New York Giants

Super Bowl hero David Tyree was placed on the physically unable to perform list by the Giants because of lingering problems during his recovery from surgery on his right knee.

Oakland Raiders

Star cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha officially signed his $9.765 million franchise player tender offer and joined the team in time for its first training camp practice.

San Francisco 49ers

The 49ers have signed DL Kentwan Balmer, getting their first-round draft pick into training camp a few hours before the team’s first meeting.

who is the hottie from Cal?

peewee's lovechild
07-28-2008, 08:28 AM
Trade Roy Williams for Boldin right now.

Dirk Nowitzki
07-28-2008, 02:51 PM
Ummm Boldin would be nice if we dont have to give up much, but that wont happen. All in all, we already have a #2 wr yet people keep fucking forgetting about him. His name is Jason Witten. Cowboys dont need a WR. They are fine at that position.

Also DEFENSE wins championships. If the Cowboys want to take that next step up, it will be up to the D to make that happen. They are loaded with depth so we will see how that plays out. Boldin,Chad Johnson,Roy Williams arent needs for the Cowboys. Like I said Owens and Witten are the top 2 receivers on this team followed by everyone else.

Dennis Green
07-29-2008, 11:36 AM
Anquan is who we THOUGHT HE WAS! AND WE LET HIM OFF THE HOOK!

radicaldreamer
07-30-2008, 05:41 PM
Anquan is who we THOUGHT HE WAS! AND WE LET HIM OFF THE HOOK!

As much as I hate that douche Rosenhaus I really hope Arizona ponies up to keep him. He is definitely worth that cash. It looks like the Cardinals season is off to a great start. :rolleyes