PDA

View Full Version : Fedor vs Anderson Silva

lebomb
07-25-2008, 11:48 AM
I know Fedor is skilled, but do you think he can take out Silva.......an awesome striker with a decent ground game?

Evan
07-25-2008, 12:00 PM
*sniff's the bait
*scurry's away

LEONARD
07-25-2008, 01:07 PM
http://eatourbrains.com/EoB/wp-content/uploads/2007/05/troll.jpg

lebomb
07-25-2008, 01:12 PM
http://eatourbrains.com/EoB/wp-content/uploads/2007/05/troll.jpg

:rolleyes .......I asked a serious question.

Me personally I think Silva....even though he looks and is think, is strong in a deceiving way. He has an awesome strike game, with enough ground game to give Fedor trouble. I would say Silva by TKO in the second round.

Evan
07-25-2008, 01:20 PM
I'll play along for a second....

Weight classes

ATRAIN
07-25-2008, 01:21 PM
I can vouch for Lebomb, he doesnt troll and know he was serious. If they were in the same weight class I say Silva as well. His ground game is just insane.

Evan
07-25-2008, 01:23 PM
oh sorry then.

The fight would never happen. They fight with a 35lb-ish weight difference.

lebomb
07-25-2008, 01:40 PM
oh sorry then.

The fight would never happen. They fight with a 35lb-ish weight difference.

Ok hypothetically.........say Fedor ate lots of tortillas and gained 10-15lbs and Silva dropped 10-15lbs eating weight watchers :rolleyes

.......who do you think has the skills to beat the other??? I say Silva.

lebomb
07-25-2008, 01:41 PM
I can vouch for Lebomb, he doesnt troll and know he was serious. If they were in the same weight class I say Silva as well. His ground game is just insane.

Thanks for having my back.............. :toast

I think Silva is a monster...........a thin spidery monster, but a monster non the less.

ATRAIN
07-25-2008, 01:43 PM
Ok hypothetically.........say Fedor ate lots of tortillas and gained 10-15lbs and Silva dropped 10-15lbs eating weight watchers :rolleyes

You have them backwards man, Silva would have to gain and Fedor would have to lose.

lebomb
07-25-2008, 01:53 PM
You have them backwards man, Silva would have to gain and Fedor would have to lose.

Ok wait....what? Is Fedor a heavyweight?? Well, Silva was fighting light heavy this past weekend. I can see him gaining about 15-20lbs and fighting Fedor.

Evan
07-25-2008, 01:57 PM

Fedor needs to lose and Silva needs to gaine weight.

Heavyweights compared to LHW and MW is such a different planet.

LEONARD
07-25-2008, 05:03 PM
Ok ok...

They could fight at 215 lbs I suppose...that's what Silva was when he stepped in the ring against Irvin. Fedor is between 224 and 230 (was 224 when he fought Coleman in Vegas). He could take a dump and make 215...he could make 205 if he really cared to cut weight...he's only 5'11"...

Silva is strong for his size/frame, but Fedor is just different...he'd maul him once he got ahold of him...

I think it would be a decent fight and very entertaining, but I give Silva about a 10% chance to win...

If Silva's ground game is insane what is Fedor's?? :wow

Evan
07-25-2008, 05:18 PM
Fedor would never drop one pound. You have to meet his terms

....which is fine mind you, just saying.

cornbread
07-25-2008, 08:52 PM
Silva would not be able to sub Fedor. If it hit the ground he would be exposed Fedor's anti-jiujitsu super-gnp. Silva's best chance is on the feet.

LEONARD
07-26-2008, 09:08 AM
Fedor would never drop one pound. You have to meet his terms

....which is fine mind you, just saying.

Oh I know...it's just not in his nature. I'm sure he doesn't give 2 shits what the scale says...

Anderson could fight him at HW...215 lbs his natural weight against Fedor's natural weight...

djohn14
07-26-2008, 12:56 PM
You cant teach size and even if Anderson gains weight he loses his speed. Everything works in Fedors favor. You cant compare the two. Of course I would watch it, and Id root for Anderson, but its unfair to compare them.

dallaskd
07-26-2008, 01:30 PM
Id rather see GSP-Silva or Silva-Penn in a middleweight bout. Theres not much for Fedor but i think Wandy would give him a good run.

Evan
07-26-2008, 03:09 PM
Id rather see GSP-Silva or Silva-Penn in a middleweight bout. Theres not much for Fedor but i think Wandy would give him a good run.

Spider

djohn14
07-26-2008, 03:22 PM
Spider

I think he's saying he'd rather see Wandy-Fedor than Anderson-Fedor.

Evan
07-26-2008, 03:25 PM

hmmm...I think you're right.

djohn14
07-26-2008, 03:34 PM
I dont know though, I have a tendency to get things wrong.

Evan
07-26-2008, 04:15 PM
I dont know though, I have a tendency to get things wrong.

:toast

oligarchy
07-26-2008, 05:24 PM
Sherk vs HMC! Do it.

angelbelow
07-27-2008, 04:43 PM
fedor.

dallaskd
07-28-2008, 07:25 PM

:tu

dallaskd
07-28-2008, 07:28 PM
Wanderlei-Fedor would be a hell of a war and not a stretch b/c Wandy has fought at HW before.

HighLowLobForBig-50
02-09-2011, 02:30 AM
:stirpot:

Stringer_Bell
02-09-2011, 02:59 AM
I was just thinking about this today too!

Fedor would GnP the smile off Silva's face. That's the truth, Fedor is still #1 until he loses again or retires.

polandprzem
02-09-2011, 03:54 AM
The style of Fedor would be too much for Silva.

Silva is a set up fighter and Fedor would not let him do that. Sonnen did the same - he engaged quickly.

Fedor comes in and catches you throws you down and g&p.

Really a motivated Fedor would have more chances then you expect.
But Silva do not like an idea of going up the division

tlongII
02-09-2011, 01:34 PM
Fedor would kick Silva's ass, but there's a few HW's in UFC that would crush Fedor now.

dallaskd
02-09-2011, 01:57 PM
Fedor wins

Rip-Hamilton32
02-09-2011, 02:12 PM
i never believed the Fedor hype, he never fought any of the top UFC guys and fought tons of guys out of his weight class and all those freak fights

dbreiden83080
02-09-2011, 04:14 PM
i never believed the Fedor hype, he never fought any of the top UFC guys and fought tons of guys out of his weight class and all those freak fights

He's IMO immensely over-rated from the Pride days.. His biggest wins were against Nog and Cro-Cop. Neither of them did much of anything in the UFC.. I think Cain would run right over Fedor..

The TroutBum
02-09-2011, 04:45 PM
You guys are fucking nuts. Fedor would destroy any of the HW's in the UFC right now. He will win this absurd SF bullshit, and then we'll discuss this again.

HighLowLobForBig-50
02-09-2011, 04:50 PM
imo fedor is done, and is nothing more than window dressing for this strikeforce grand pre. i got antonio silva over fedor. and i also have spider silva completely walking all over fedor in an imaginary fight.

dbreiden83080
02-09-2011, 11:51 PM
You guys are fucking nuts. Fedor would destroy any of the HW's in the UFC right now. He will win this absurd SF bullshit, and then we'll discuss this again.

He is never gonna fight in the UFC so there is not really much to discuss win or lose at SF..

dallaskd
02-10-2011, 06:32 PM
I seriously question if any of you followed MMA during the PRIDE days. The UFC had NO top 5, maybe top 10 HW fighters. Sylvia and Andrei were it. straight scrubs were getting title shots. It was a huge deal when freakin Heath Herring came to the UFC. The UFC was widely seen as the inferior organization until about late 2006/early 2007 when PRIDE was dying.

dallaskd
02-10-2011, 06:37 PM
He's IMO immensely over-rated from the Pride days.. His biggest wins were against Nog and Cro-Cop. Neither of them did much of anything in the UFC.. I think Cain would run right over Fedor..

Cro Cop and Nog came to the UFC at the back end of two careers straight from hell. Cro cop had been pounded in the head for 10-15 years through k-1 and mma. Nog had been a human punching bag for about the same time. They were both done before they came to the UFC tbh.. Dana just used them as hype because the UFC HW was SOOOOO bad at the time it was a joke. Fedor was a legitimate p4p best in the world for about 7 years. Inactivity and m1-global has destroyed him, but you cannot forget how dominate he was. He was the most feared man in MMA for the entire decade. Not to mention an extremely small HW..

dbreiden83080
02-10-2011, 08:45 PM
Cro Cop and Nog came to the UFC at the back end of two careers straight from hell. Cro cop had been pounded in the head for 10-15 years through k-1 and mma. Nog had been a human punching bag for about the same time. They were both done before they came to the UFC tbh.. Dana just used them as hype because the UFC HW was SOOOOO bad at the time it was a joke. Fedor was a legitimate p4p best in the world for about 7 years. Inactivity and m1-global has destroyed him, but you cannot forget how dominate he was. He was the most feared man in MMA for the entire decade. Not to mention an extremely small HW..

This is the problem i have with the Fedor argument. Everyone just makes excuses for his lack of competition or guys that were once great fighters in Pride and then came to the UFC and fell short. Nobody said CC is done and a punching bag when he came to the UFC. They were all talking UFC title for him right away. All the Pride fans scrambled to rewrite that history once CC failed in the UFC. Suddenly he was old and washed up. Fedor was at his best when the UFC HW division was weak for sure but he never came over and showed his stuff when the division got really good. Now people question how great he really was and that is 100% fair to me. The man's resume outside of Nog and CC is filled with guys like Coleman, Lindland and Hong-Man Choi. You can talk about Fedor being small for a HW but he fought tons of guys that were his size and the bigger guys he fought were mostly big stiffs with limited skills..

cornbread
02-10-2011, 08:54 PM
Sylvia and Andrei were it. straight scrubs were getting title shots. It was a huge deal when freakin Heath Herring came to the UFC. The UFC was widely seen as the inferior organization until about late 2006/early 2007 when PRIDE was dying.

LOL, don't forget about the great Jeff Monson.

I think the only thing the UFC had on Pride at the time was the 170 lbers. Pride had HW, LHW (or MW as they called it) an LW locked up.