PDA

View Full Version : Will the REAL Democratic Party Please Stand Up?

herzlman
07-25-2008, 01:03 PM
Obama recently joined a rapidly growing legion of Democratic politicians who have consistently failed to uphold true liberal ideals.

Why is SO hard for the Democratic Party to stop cringing when Republicans call them liberal? Why can't one politician (just one!), just stand up and say:

I am a proud liberal and I will NOT change my position on election reform or health care or handguns or tax policy because I am NOT afraid of the lobbyists or the giant interest groups, and I will carry my ideals to the finish line, because if I can't win with what I believe in then I don't want to win at all.

God, what a breath of fresh air that would be, especially after the stink of the last three timid, backtracking Dems who could have been president: Gore, Kerry, and now Obama.

Extra Stout
07-25-2008, 01:08 PM
because if I can't win with what I believe in then I don't want to win at all.
This happens as if on cue when it appears the Democrats might actually win an election. The leftmost part of the party immediately wants to go on a purge of all those who are not "true believers" in order to attain the true essence of being "liberal."

Gino
07-25-2008, 01:21 PM
Obama recently joined a rapidly growing legion of Democratic politicians who have consistently failed to uphold true liberal ideals.

Why is SO hard for the Democratic Party to stop cringing when Republicans call them liberal? Why can't one politician (just one!), just stand up and say:

I am a proud liberal and I will NOT change my position on election reform or health care or handguns or tax policy because I am NOT afraid of the lobbyists or the giant interest groups, and I will carry my ideals to the finish line, because if I can't win with what I believe in then I don't want to win at all.

God, what a breath of fresh air that would be, especially after the stink of the last three timid, backtracking Dems who could have been president: Gore, Kerry, and now Obama.

Because Liberals are for radical change and most Americans don't want radical change.

Anti.Hero
07-25-2008, 01:48 PM
Probably because there are still enough people who vote that make decisions based on reasoning and not just emotions. People who understand, using common applicable sense, liberal policies will not really help them at all or even worse hurt them. People who enjoy keeping money they EARN. People who are not scared by gorebage guilt trips. People who work hard, enjoy life, and realize life is great in this country. It's not so much they agree with what has gone on for the past 8 years, it's what they fear will happen should liberals change the face of America.

Politicians may be corrupt, narcissist, power-hungry people...but they are not so stupid as to not acknowledge the above.

No worries though! This move to the right is all an act to get more votes. Typical political protocol. Just like public financing. Any man running for PRESIDENT does not leave $200 mil + on the table when that job up for grabs. Obamassiah will probably win this year. I assure you Pelsoi and Obama will bring the change you so much desire :)

Marcus Bryant
07-25-2008, 01:59 PM
True believers always have a hard time accepting compromise. Hence the morons who freaked out when Obama started to tack towards the middle after the primaries.

Anyways, you guys are useful idiots.

George Gervin's Afro
07-25-2008, 05:11 PM
Why people don't probably proclaim they are liberal? Because the word liberal has been defined by the likes of hush and yawn whannity. Their definition paints the word in the most negative light possible. Of course no one wants to stand up and proclaim they are what the right wing kool aid servers claim they are. If Michael Moore or the Daily Kos crowd were allowed to define what a conservative is, how many conservatives will stand up and and embrace their definition? None..

The party activists are left wing liberals however people like myself are middle of the road liberals.. And no I am not what hush says or Wild Cobra or 2centsworth, or Yoni, or xt=ray say I am.

case in point anti.hero

People who understand, using common applicable sense, liberal policies will not really help them at all or even worse hurt them. People who enjoy keeping money they EARN. People who are not scared by gorebage guilt trips. People who work hard, enjoy life, and realize life is great in this country. It's not so much they agree with what has gone on for the past 8 years, it's what they fear will happen should liberals change the face of America.

This is exactly what I am referring to. So I guess this loser wants people to believe that Libs don't enjoy keeping their money etc.. Or that somehow Liberals don't see America as being a great country..etc.

clambake
07-25-2008, 07:00 PM
it's still too fresh..........the idea of having a president with real foreign policy influence outweighs any schoolyard "liberal" taunt.

Mr. Peabody
07-25-2008, 11:04 PM
I'm sure there are candidates that have these stances, but they don't make it to the national stage. Maybe such stances are outside of the mainstream and hence, don't lend themselves to national elections.

I will NOT change my position on election reform or health care or handguns or tax policy because I am NOT afraid of the lobbyists or the giant interest groups, and I will carry my ideals to the finish line, because if I can't win with what I believe in then I don't want to win at all.

Mr. Peabody
07-25-2008, 11:09 PM
This happens as if on cue when it appears the Democrats might actually win an election. The leftmost part of the party immediately wants to go on a purge of all those who are not "true believers" in order to attain the true essence of being "liberal."

Democrats have perfected the art of pulling defeat from the jaws of victory. It's happening again this year. We had a primary that got out of control and now, we have Clinton loyalists who are planning on voting for McCain.

Trainwreck2100
07-26-2008, 03:13 AM
Democrats have perfected the art of pulling defeat from the jaws of victory. It's happening again this year. We had a primary that got out of control and now, we have Clinton loyalists who are planning on voting for McCain.

04 was really bad, i still dont know how the Dems could screw up that election.

Mr. Peabody
07-26-2008, 10:28 AM
04 was really bad, i still dont know how the Dems could screw up that election.

http://www.amerika.nl/elections/images/abc/Kerry%20windsurfing.jpg

http://clapso.files.wordpress.com/2008/06/john_kerry.jpg