PDA

View Full Version : Elson Not Likely to Return to Nuggets

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-25-2008, 03:18 PM
Cisco not likely to join Birdman
By Aaron J. Lopez

With Chris Andersen back in a Nuggets uniform, don't expect to see center Francisco Elson return to Denver as well. I talked to Elson's agent Calvin Andrews on Thursday and Elson does not appear to fit in the Nuggets current budget.

"We talked (to the Nuggets), but I don't know if that's going to be the right direction or not (for Elson)," Andrews said. ``The chances (of signing with Denver) have gone down, definitely."

After dumping center Marcus Camby and his $10 million salary cap figure on July 15, the Nuggets clearly are looking to fill their roster with minimum salary guys. Andersen took a one-year minimum deal, as did swingman Dahntay Jones, who agreed to a contract on Thursday. The only exception figures to be restricted free agent J.R. Smith, who ultimately might decide to accept Denver's $3.04 million qualifying offer.

Jones is the 2008 version of Von Wafer, a guy who looked great during the summer league but never saw the light of day at the end of the Nuggets bench. Jones, like Wafer, is a nice practice player who carries little risk.

As for Andersen, it will be interesting to see how he looks after more than two years out of the NBA. While talking to him at the Forza Fitness Center on Thursday, he seemed genuine about changing his life after being banned from the NBA for drug abuse. He said he has been working out 6 to 8 hours a day at the gym and running the stairs at Red Rocks on weekends. He's basically like an Olympic athlete training at high altitude in hopes of having a competitive advantage once the games begin.

Despite Andersen's checkered past, I expect Nuggets fans to welcome Birdman back with open arms. He's a likable guy who's easy to root for, and if he can give the Nuggets 15 to 20 minutes a night, his deal will look like a bargain. If he flops again, the Nuggets will have more public relations issues to deal with while trying to survive the difficult Western Conference.

http://blogs.rockymountainnews.com/nuggets/archives/2008/07/cisco_not_likel.html

alamo50
07-27-2008, 06:04 AM
Elson would be a perfect fith with D'Antonio in New York.

T Park
07-27-2008, 04:07 PM
Elson will go to Europe.

No one with a brain in the NBA wants him.

Although the Kings gave Beno freakin Udrih the MLE.

alamo50
07-27-2008, 04:13 PM
No one with a brain in the NBA wants him.

Yep, nobody with a brain in the NBA would want an athletic, big man who can run up and down the court................

:rollin :rollin :rollin

Obstructed_View
07-27-2008, 04:44 PM
Elson's not a minimum salary guy?

jack sommerset
07-27-2008, 05:23 PM
Wizards should try to get him

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-27-2008, 05:44 PM
Elson would be a perfect fith with D'Antonio in New York.

alamo hit it on the head. He seems like the perfect for D'Antoni ball. Get up and down the court in transition, defense being priority 99...

T Park
07-27-2008, 06:43 PM
Yep, nobody with a brain in the NBA would want an athletic, big man who can run up and down the court................

If you want someone that can run and be a body sure.

If you want a basketball player, then, uh, no.

timvp
07-27-2008, 06:44 PM
I thought T Park was Elson's #1 fan?

T Park
07-27-2008, 06:45 PM
alamo hit it on the head. He seems like the perfect for D'Antoni ball. Get up and down the court in transition, defense being priority 99...

being as dumb as a rock, and not a basketball player? check again

T Park
07-27-2008, 06:46 PM
I thought T Park was Elson's #1 fan?

only in dynasty fantasy football

Im sorry I admitted to being wrong about someone.

Thats against the rules here.

xtremesteven33
07-27-2008, 07:08 PM
i8EcvsbI2Nc

alamo50
07-28-2008, 03:11 AM
being as dumb as a rock, and not a basketball player? check again

So when one certain basketball player turns out not able to adapt to the extreme high defensive standards a Spurs championship squad requires, you label him as being "dumb as a rock" and not a basketball player?

You do realise the Spurs actualy saw him play in Denver a few times and got exactly what they wanted, right? He just didnīt live up to the hopes of mastering the defensive master plans the Spurs are league wide known for.

I do seem to recall he was on a championship team starting games somewhere in his career......

mrspurs
07-28-2008, 07:40 AM

+1

mrspurs
07-28-2008, 07:42 AM
So when one certain basketball player turns out not able to adapt to the extreme high defensive standards a Spurs championship squad requires, you label him as being "dumb as a rock" and not a basketball player?

You do realise the Spurs actualy saw him play in Denver a few times and got exactly what they wanted, right? He just didnīt live up to the hopes of mastering the defensive master plans the Spurs are league wide known for.

I do seem to recall he was on a championship team starting games somewhere in his career......

+2

mrspurs
07-28-2008, 07:47 AM
i believe it was in the paint that we just got killed in this past PO's, you can thank kurt and his 6'9 slow moving legs for that. the FO has to know something we dont, cos if they think for one second, that we have a real chance at getting back into the finals with tim,fab and kurt, (it doesnt take a fool to see how badly they played thru out the this past PO's)