PDA

View Full Version : Stealing Obama's Prayer

Extra Stout
07-26-2008, 12:32 PM
When Barack Obama was at the Western Wall in Jerusalem, he stuck a prayer note in between stones, as many pilgrims do. However, somebody else came along and stole his prayer before it could be gathered and burned on the Mount of Olives at the end of the day, as is the tradition. It was published in a Jerusalem newspaper. I am not going to link to any displays of it. If your curiosity is insatiable, knock yourself out.

I am not going to vote for Barack Obama for a variety of reasons. I do not support him. But stealing a man's prayer and then showing it to the world is wrong. I don't care who it is. Then picking apart his private prayer to criticize him is despicable.

Personal prayer is between a man and God and is nobody else's business.

Mr. Peabody
07-26-2008, 01:34 PM
When Barack Obama was at the Western Wall in Jerusalem, he stuck a prayer note in between stones, as many pilgrims do. However, somebody else came along and stole his prayer before it could be gathered and burned on the Mount of Olives at the end of the day, as is the tradition. It was published in a Jerusalem newspaper. I am not going to link to any displays of it. If your curiosity is insatiable, knock yourself out.

I am not going to vote for Barack Obama for a variety of reasons. I do not support him. But stealing a man's prayer and then showing it to the world is wrong. I don't care who it is. Then picking apart his private prayer to criticize him is despicable.

Personal prayer is between a man and God and is nobody else's business.

Did the prayer say "Please God forgive me for being a secret Muslim and hating America."?

E20
07-26-2008, 02:18 PM
I read that prayer (it was on teh frontpage of Yahoo). I don't how anybody could criticize him for that particular prayer, he didn't say anything bad.

boutons_
07-26-2008, 02:30 PM
Usual Suspects would include an extreme right-wing war-mongering Israeli hawk in cahoots with same ilk in US.

angel_luv
07-26-2008, 02:41 PM
I am sorry his prayer was stolen.

But it does seem that it would have been wiser practice for Senator Obama to leave his prayer right before the whole of them were collected, to ensure it was not taken by a prankster.

That or the Senator could have written it and had an aid deliver the prayer, as the aid would blend in as a regular tourist.

xrayzebra
07-26-2008, 02:51 PM
Stolen, huh? And published, huh? And was a nice prayer, huh? How nice, now everyone knows what a caring, wonderful Christian he is. Huh? Carry on, nothing to see here.

Mr. Peabody
07-26-2008, 02:51 PM
Usual Suspects would include an extreme right-wing war-mongering Israeli hawk in cahoots with same ilk in US.

Ummm, it was a seminary student.

After Sen. Barack Obama, D-Illinois, left a written prayer in the cracks of the Western Wall in Jerusalem, a Jewish seminary student dug it out and the newspaper Ma'ariv published it (assuming of course that the note is the correct one).

boutons_
07-26-2008, 02:56 PM
"seminary student"

does not exclude him from being an extreme right-wing hawk wanting to discredit the Muslim terrorist HUSSEIN, and make a few shekels doing it (selling to the press).

Mr. Peabody
07-26-2008, 03:01 PM
Stolen, huh? And published, huh? And was a nice prayer, huh? How nice, now everyone knows what a caring, wonderful Christian he is. Huh? Carry on, nothing to see here.

Soooo, it's a surprise that it was a nice prayer. WTF did you expect him to say in a prayer?

Also, I didn't think things like prayers or condolences were private anymore, at least that's what the McCain campaign would have you believe when they attacked the message Obama left in the Yad Vashem (Holocaust museum) guest book.

McCain Camp Attacks Obama's Holocaust Museum Statement

The McCain campaign implied on Wednesday that Barack Obama's commitment to preventing a future genocide was not sincere, attacking the Democratic candidate during his appearance at the Israeli Holocaust Memorial Yad Vashem. In an early morning press release, entitled Obama on Genocide, McCain aide Tucker Bounds emailed reporters a quote from Obama's appearance in which the Illinois Democrat reiterated the cry "never again." He followed that quote with one taken a year ago from an interview that the Senator gave with the Associated Press in which he said that genocide or humanitarian crises were not a prerequisite for keeping U.S.

Mr. Peabody
07-26-2008, 03:04 PM
"seminary student"

does not exclude him from being an extreme right-wing hawk wanting to discredit the Muslim terrorist HUSSEIN, and make a few shekels doing it (selling to the press).

Yeah, maybe. I could see people taking just because he's such a prominent figure right now, without any nefarious motives.

Anti.Hero
07-26-2008, 04:28 PM
I'm shocked!

The dude is a living messiah celebrity world rockstar running for Grand Leader of the strongest Nation in known humanity.

Who would have thought him sticking in his note while being recorded by the world media would have lead to someone jacking it???

He knew full well it would be publicized or at the very least taken. This is common sense people.

GuerillaBlack
07-26-2008, 05:29 PM
Israeli paper publishes Obama's wall note

http://images.politico.com/global/obamawallnote.jpg

http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/0708/Obamas_note.html?showall

The Israeli paper Maariv obtains the note Obama left at the Western Wall in Jerusalem, and puts a photograph of it on its front page.

The handwriting, beneath the letterhead of the King David Hotel, does appear to be Obama's. Visitors traditional stick notes of prayer into the wall.

The note says:

Lord,

Protect my family and me. Forgive me my sins and help me guard against pride and despair.

Give me the wisdom to do what is right and just.

And make me an instrument of your will.

The paper reports that the note was taken by a yeshiva student who was at the wall at the time -- a mark of how virtually nothing remains private.

The rabbi of the Western Wall, also known as the Wailing Wall, condemned its publication.

How sad. Nothing is private these days.

TIME: http://www.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599,1826734,00.html

The newspaper's decision to publish Obama's private words was "an outrage", said Rabbbi Shmuel Rabinowitz, supervisor of the Western Wall. "It damages the personal, deep part of every one of us that we keep to ourselves," the rabbi told Army Radio. "The note placed between the stones of the Western Wall are between a person and his maker. It is forbidden to read them or make use of them."

Obama didn't pray for an election victory, a lottery win to help pay for his campaign, or for his Republican rival Senator John McCain to be felled by lightning or a pecadillo. On the contrary; his prayer hints at the struggle within, how Obama is seeking divine guidance to surmount the obstacles that lie ahead of him in his lonely, awesome challenge to become the next president of the United States. On hotel stationary, he penned the following prayer, according to Maariv, which ran a photo of the note: "Lord, protect my family and me," Obama wrote. "Forgive me my sins and help me guard against pride and despair. Give me the wisdom to do what is right and just. And make me an instrument of your will."

Viva Las Espuelas
07-27-2008, 06:09 PM
yet another sign of poor judgement by your Messiah. YES YOU