PDA

View Full Version : Any D League stars worthy enough to be Spurs? Randy Livingston?

wisnub
07-26-2008, 07:31 PM
Did any of u guys got info about D league stars or strong candidate for Spurs? I mean GS take Azubuike right from there.....I see Randy's number is good,but maybe other team already pick him..so any possibilities? Reason is i dont think we got enough money to get anybody good from remaining FA this season

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-26-2008, 07:33 PM
Livingston wouldn't fill a need.

ChumpDumper
07-26-2008, 07:36 PM
Livingston just retired as well.

Seeing as the Spurs may have as many as five players on the squad with little or no NBA experience, it would be tough to justify adding any more.

wisnub
07-26-2008, 07:43 PM
Damn...why retired. Signing him with cheap price wouldnt be a bad idea...maybe he retired because nobody pick him and he feels he's old enough...at least he will be more useful than Bonner....

ChumpDumper
07-26-2008, 07:44 PM
They don't play the same position, and even then Bonner is probably quicker than Livingston now.

timvp
07-26-2008, 07:48 PM
Did any of u guys got info about D league stars or strong candidate for Spurs? Anthony Tolliver.

JamStone
07-26-2008, 10:13 PM
LMAO I played pick up basketball with Randy Livingston... in 1999.

He was struggling to get back in the NBA back then.

pad300
07-26-2008, 10:24 PM
Well, look at our current roster - guaranteed contracts are locked in
Bigs -TD, Bonner, Oberto, Ian, Thomas (5 of 6 spots locked)
Wings - Manu, Bowen, Udoka, Mason (4 of 6 spots locked)
PG's - Tony, Vaughn, Hill (3 of 3 Spots)

We have 3 other players on the hook, none of whom are guaranteed -
Tolliver (Big), GIST (Big/Wing), and Hairston (Wing). I think Gist has locked up a spot, but file it as a wing, because it leaves FO more room to hunt talent vs. being locked into 1 position...I think we will bring in an experienced wing (Finley or someone else), rather than a take 2 rookies at the wing positions. That leaves big men to compete with Tolliver. I'd suggest Elton Brown

http://www.ridiculousupside.com/2008/7/20/574442/breaking-the-ceiling-summe
http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Elton-Brown-5040/
http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=9585

He's been a D-league allstar 2 years in a row. He's a banger, which I really don't think we have enough of on our roster - Neither Oberto nor TD really enjoy giving and taking a few bows, Ian's really too skinny for it, Bonner's on the perimeter, and Thomas can do it defensively, but on the offense wants to be 15 feet out. It'd be a coaching staff decision, but currently I'd prefer Elton to Tolliver (Unless we can move Bonner, then we could take both, but we'd only have 3 (Duncan, Thomas, Oberto) of 6 bigs with reliable experience...)

Certainly I'd ask Elton into camp if I had the opportunity.

DANILO DRASKOVIC
07-27-2008, 07:18 AM
Damn...why retired. Signing him with cheap price wouldnt be a bad idea...maybe he retired because nobody pick him and he feels he's old enough...at least he will be more useful than Bonner....

Randy has had injury problems for years
I believe he is trying to get into coaching too

exstatic
07-27-2008, 08:23 AM
:lmao Randy Livingston is as old as Vaughn and hasn't been in the Association since 01-02. He's played 17 whole NBA games.

You people crack me up.

DANILO DRASKOVIC
07-27-2008, 09:01 AM
:lmao Randy Livingston is as old as Vaughn and hasn't been in the Association since 01-02. He's played 17 whole NBA games.

You people crack me up.

2684 minutes

exstatic
07-27-2008, 09:14 AM
2684 minutes

My bad. Looking at his post season stats.

203 games, minutes as per above post. He's still as old as dirt.

Biggems
07-27-2008, 09:45 AM

Tolliver (Big), GIST (Big/Wing), and Hairston (Wing). I think Gist has locked up a spot, but file it as a wing, because it leaves FO more room to hunt talent vs. being locked into 1 position...I think we will bring in an experienced wing (Finley or someone else), rather than a take 2 rookies at the wing positions. That leaves big men to compete with Tolliver. I'd suggest Elton Brown

He's been a D-league allstar 2 years in a row. He's a banger, which I really don't think we have enough of on our roster - Neither Oberto nor TD really enjoy giving and taking a few bows, Ian's really too skinny for it, Bonner's on the perimeter, and Thomas can do it defensively, but on the offense wants to be 15 feet out. It'd be a coaching staff decision, but currently I'd prefer Elton to Tolliver (Unless we can move Bonner, then we could take both, but we'd only have 3 (Duncan, Thomas, Oberto) of 6 bigs with reliable experience...)

I agree, I think we should try and bring Elton "Good Eats" Brown into training camp. I also want to move Bonner in the worst way. He has spoken out about wanting to go back to Toronto. I am not sure Toronto wants him back. But if they do, maybe we can trade him for a 2nd round draft pick like Denver did with Camby.

I know our roster would then have some inexperience, but if you look at our core, the ones that would get the bulk of the playing time, they are very experienced. I would be very satisfied with the following roster (minus the fact that we lost out on Barry)

PG - Parker, Hill, Vaughn (3-3)
SG - Manu, Mason, (2-3)
SF - Bowen, Udoka, Gist (3-3)
PF - Duncan, Ian, Tolliver (3-3)
C - Thomas, Oberto, Brown (3-3)

This gives us 14 of 15 possible roster spots. I am not sure who would fill the final wing spot. We could go with Finley, Hairston, Devin Green, Powell, Ricky Davis, etc. I have no clue. If we do bring Finley back, I hope it is a one year deal for the vet minimum. Also let him know that he will have to fight for minutes.

wisnub
07-27-2008, 07:03 PM

After I review the sources, I think Elton Brown is a good idea. I still have a little bit faith with Bonner, but if we can move him..than we can keep Elton instead since Tolliver will take 3 points job. I vote yes for Elton, beside I think he will come cheap too...we gotta be prepared for hostile season in West and with recent development any additional players who can contribute is good sign

The Truth #6
07-27-2008, 07:18 PM
I've never even heard of Randy Livingston. He sounds like someone from the Hawks from the 'Nique era, though I think I'm amalgamating the names of two different Hawk players.

If we can't get any semi-proven role player from FA, I'd be curious to see if Hairston can improve, and if not, then we see who gets cut from other training camps when that time rolls around.

Brutalis
07-27-2008, 07:24 PM
Not now.

exstatic
07-27-2008, 08:03 PM
I've never even heard of Randy Livingston. He sounds like someone from the Hawks from the 'Nique era, though I think I'm amalgamating the names of two different Hawk players.

If we can't get any semi-proven role player from FA, I'd be curious to see if Hairston can improve, and if not, then we see who gets cut from other training camps when that time rolls around.

He played for the Hawks in 97-98. I think 'Nique was gone already gone, but it was close.

Biggems
07-27-2008, 08:32 PM
He played for the Hawks in 97-98. I think 'Nique was gone already gone, but it was close.

i thought livingston played for the Bulls in their first 3peat

angelbelow
07-28-2008, 05:45 PM
i thought livingston played for the Bulls in their first 3peat

you might be thinkning about randy brown who was apart of the 2nd 3 peat.

Biggems
07-28-2008, 08:58 PM
No Im talking about the 1st 3peat......I could have sworn there was a Livingston on the Bulls......I will look it up.

Biggems
07-28-2008, 09:02 PM
no i was thinking of Cliff Levingston who played for them in the early 90s

underdawg
07-28-2008, 10:49 PM
Luke Jackson - a defensive liability, but can you have too many perimeter shooters? I don't know his current situation, so forgive my ignorance.

Biggems
07-28-2008, 11:30 PM
Luke Jackson - a defensive liability, but can you have too many perimeter shooters? I don't know his current situation, so forgive my ignorance.

Well the way I see it, If Glenn Robinson and Michael Finley can play decent defense, so can Tolliver and Jackson. Besides, if we are able to trade Bonner and sign Elton.....we would have plenty of new defense with Hill, Gist, Mason, and Elton.

I would be very pleased to start the season with this roster (well since we can't have Barry back in place of Vaughn, anyway)

PG - Parker, Hill, Vaughn
SG - Manu, Mason, Jackson
SF - Bowen, Udoka, Gist
PF - Duncan, Ian, Tolliver
C - Thomas, Oberto, Brown

Plus with this lineup we go from being members of the cast for Cocoon 3.....to being a team with a relatively youthful and athletic lineup, while at the same time, keeping the main core of our championship teams.

underdawg
07-28-2008, 11:45 PM
Well the way I see it, If Glenn Robinson and Michael Finley can play decent defense, so can Tolliver and Jackson. Besides, if we are able to trade Bonner and sign Elton.....we would have plenty of new defense with Hill, Gist, Mason, and Elton.

I would be very pleased to start the season with this roster (well since we can't have Barry back in place of Vaughn, anyway)

PG - Parker, Hill, Vaughn
SG - Manu, Mason, Jackson
SF - Bowen, Udoka, Gist
PF - Duncan, Ian, Tolliver
C - Thomas, Oberto, Brown

Plus with this lineup we go from being members of the cast for Cocoon 3.....to being a team with a relatively youthful and athletic lineup, while at the same time, keeping the main core of our championship teams.

Brown? Kwame's gone, but another big would be good (injury backup.)

DROB4EVER
07-28-2008, 11:59 PM
Brown has a rep a lazy, out of shape ,foul prone. This goes back to his days at Va. If he gets a big pay day he will be the next Jerome James.

Biggems
07-29-2008, 12:18 AM
Brown? Kwame's gone, but another big would be good (injury backup.)

apparently u havent been following this thread have you? Elton Brown, not Kwame Brown.

I wouldnt want Kwame anywhere near a Spurs uniform.....he signed with Detwaw anyway.

Brox6
07-29-2008, 12:28 AM
Randy Livingston? Awe..PASS..I always remember this guy injured his own teammate Tom Gog...

ChumpDumper
07-29-2008, 03:07 AM
We need an ellipses forum.

duncan228
07-29-2008, 10:54 AM
We need an ellipses forum.

yes...we do...it would be...so...cool...