PDA

View Full Version : Will there be a terrorist attack at the Beijing Olympics?

Cant_Be_Faded
07-26-2008, 08:02 PM
I'm interested to see video of the city when the games start. I bet the Chinese wil have soldiers fanned throughout the entire city en masse.

Group threatens Olympics attack, claims bombed buses

http://www.reuters.com/article/worldNews/idUSN2529568020080726

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A group calling itself the Turkistan Islamic Party released a video threatening the Beijing Olympic Games and claiming responsibility for recent deadly explosions on two Chinese buses, a terrorism monitoring firm said on Friday.

IntelCenter, a U.S.-based terrorism monitoring firm, said the group had released a video entitled "Our Blessed Jihad in Yunnan," featuring a statement by the group's leader, Commander Seyfullah, threatening next month's Olympics.

"Despite the Turkistan Islamic Party's repeated warnings to China and international community about stopping the 29th Olympics in Beijing, the Chinese have haughtily ignored our warnings," IntelCenter quoted Seyfullah as saying.

"The Turkistan Islamic Party volunteers who had gone through special preparations have started urgent actions."

Seyfullah said the group bombed two public buses in Shanghai on May 5 and "took action against police" in Wenzhou on July 17 with a tractor loaded with explosives.

The group also bombed a plastic factory in Guangzhou on July 17 and bombed three public buses in Yunnan on July 21, according to IntelCenter.

The bus explosions killed at least two people and injured 14 in the southwestern city of Kunming on Monday amid a security clampdown ahead of the Olympics.

The official Xinhua news agency had blamed the blasts on "sabotage" and was seeking to find out who was responsible.

"The Turkistan Islamic Party warns China one more time," Seyfullah said, according to the IntelCenter transcript.

"Our aim is to target the most critical points related to the Olympics. We will try to attack Chinese central cities severely using the tactics that have never been employed."

He urged spectators and athletes "particularly the Muslims" planning to attend the Olympics to change their mind.

"Please do not stand together with the faithless people," he said. "The Turkistan Islamic Party volunteers will conduct violent military actions against individuals, departments, venues and activities that are related to the Olympics in China."

The warning comes two weeks before the start of the Beijing Games on August 8.

smeagol
07-26-2008, 08:13 PM
Terrorists . . . such nice folks.

PixelPusher
07-26-2008, 08:59 PM
have you seen that Segway Security Force they have?

bobbybob0
07-26-2008, 09:34 PM
have you seen that Segway Security Force they have?

Pew pew?

http://www.geekologie.com/2008/07/03/segway-military.jpg

Cant_Be_Faded
07-26-2008, 10:04 PM
I'm starting to see police officers here in Dallas use those. They can move deceptively fast.

midgetonadonkey
07-26-2008, 11:24 PM
It's not on US soil. Who gives a shit? Let them bomb the fuck out of it.

Trainwreck2100
07-26-2008, 11:33 PM

Add the fact that China will look like shit after such an event.

Hopefully they stay away from Argentina's barracks cause there is a spur going.

spursfor5
07-26-2008, 11:55 PM
China won't let it happen mainly because they need the PR. They have to look good at these Olympics.

Marcus Bryant
07-27-2008, 12:18 AM
I'm interested to see video of the city when the games start. I bet the Chinese wil have soldiers fanned throughout the entire city en masse.

Do you really think the Chinese would have a problem cutting the nuts out of someone?

Cant_Be_Faded
07-27-2008, 01:30 AM
Do you really think the Chinese would have a problem cutting the nuts out of someone?

You lost me.

As for who gives a fuck, I didn't post this because I was worried, in fact, I also wouldn't care much if the media exploited some other country getting nailed by Islamic terrorists.

Spurtacus
07-27-2008, 01:56 AM

Nice to know you value human life so much. So you won't give a shit if someone bombs U.S. Olympians?

Manu'sMagicalLeftHand
07-27-2008, 05:10 AM
You know the Chinese take things seriously and are aiming to break all the records in these next Olympics.

Including those scored in Munich '72.

v2freak
07-27-2008, 06:22 AM
Are you suggesting the Chinese suffer from an superiority complex? If so, I would agree to an extent. I read this article where they have the mentality "I can't stand to not be #1 in..."

DarkReign
07-28-2008, 12:22 PM
Nice to know you value human life so much. So you won't give a shit if someone bombs U.S. Olympians?

I agree with your sentiment, but lets not pretend the Chinese value thier own populations' lives either.