View Full Version : Who will win the super bowl

TILDEN
07-26-2008, 11:37 PM
not the cowboys they will

Obstructed_View
07-27-2008, 07:10 AM
What a well-crafted and carefully thought-out take. Bravo!

greenroom
07-27-2008, 07:58 AM
The question about the Cowboys is can they win a playoff game?

As far as the OP question. As much as I hate to say but I think San Diego will pull out the SuperBowl victory.

They have a ton of talent and IF they do not get it this year I think that window will close.

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-27-2008, 08:58 AM
Cowboys

J.T.
07-27-2008, 09:47 AM
It's going to be the Cardinals and Raiders in the Super Bowl, but both teams are so loaded with amazing talent that I just can't make a definitive pick right now.

Mr Dio
07-27-2008, 01:25 PM
IMO it will be SB meeting with a team from pro football's toughest division (DALLAS) and a team from football's weakest (SAN DIEGO).

Boys win it all.

djohn14
07-27-2008, 01:31 PM
The RAMS!!

Spurtacus
07-27-2008, 01:36 PM
The Cowboys fan in my refuses to say anything positive about my team.

So, Super Bowl prediction right now is the New England Patriots vs New Orleans Saints

Spuradicator
07-27-2008, 03:57 PM
not the cowboys they will

it will the win Titans

emo serb
07-27-2008, 07:10 PM
lions, jon kitna will throw 57 tds this year, and win the superbowl over the pats 37 - 10. bank it.

J.T.
07-27-2008, 08:32 PM
The Cowboys homers on this board are one-upping themselves from last season after they owned the SB Champion Colts in preseason and started buying tickets to Glendale after that 6-0 start. At least I have the smarts about me to know that my Colts are going to get blown out by the Raiders in the AFC Championship.

jack sommerset
07-27-2008, 08:51 PM
The Cowboys homers on this board are one-upping themselves from last season after they owned the SB Champion Colts in preseason and started buying tickets to Glendale after that 6-0 start. At least I have the smarts about me to know that my Colts are going to get blown out by the Raiders in the AFC Championship.

You high again?

J.T.'s Friend
07-27-2008, 09:26 PM
You high again?

If he is, he better fucking share!

jay014
07-27-2008, 09:34 PM
http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i165/LinBanditC78/trophies.jpg

J.T.
07-27-2008, 10:14 PM
You high again?

No, I'm not, but anyone picking Dallas to appear in the Super Bowl this season, let alone win it, is probably high. If the 2007 Giants can win a Super Bowl, the 2008 Raiders can at least make it there.

midgetonadonkey
07-27-2008, 11:31 PM
The Cowboys are the very good on paper. But they will choke again. My serious prediction is the Vikings vs the Chargers in the Super Bowl with the Chargers taking it all.

O-Factor
07-28-2008, 01:25 AM
http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i165/LinBanditC78/trophies.jpg

samikeyp
07-28-2008, 05:09 AM
No, I'm not, but anyone picking Dallas to appear in the Super Bowl this season, let alone win it, is probably high. If the 2007 Giants can win a Super Bowl, the 2008 Raiders can at least make it there.

I would disagree. With a pretty weak and even NFC, Dallas has as good of a shot of getting there as anyone else in the conference. Winning it is a different story. Its not out of the realm of possibility but IMO its not as good of a chance as them just getting there.

redraiderinfiji
07-28-2008, 07:20 AM
Patriots......they are still loaded

Maybe the chargers!

not the damn cowboys......dallas is just a bunch of thugs for hire!

peewee's lovechild
07-28-2008, 08:32 AM
The Cowboys are the very good on paper. But they will choke again. My serious prediction is the Vikings vs the Chargers in the Super Bowl with the Chargers taking it all.

The Vikes won't make it with Jackson still at QB.

That may change if Favre is the QB.
But, then again, he's been exceptional in the playoffs the past few years.

I believe the Cowboys will represent the NFC.

I think the Colts will make the trip to the SB as well.

Cowboys will win it all, though.

O-Factor
07-28-2008, 09:56 AM
I believe Dallas will take the NFC. No GreenBay to worry about now with Arron Rogers at the helm, and the Vikings look great but have shit at QB. N.O. looks like they are poised to bounce back a bit with a revamped D, but they still have Reggie Bush who has done nothing in this league.

As far as the AFC goes, Im not buying into the Chargers and Jacksonville. The representative will again be either the Patriots or Colts.

midgetonadonkey
07-28-2008, 10:06 AM
The Vikes won't make it with Jackson still at QB.

That may change if Favre is the QB.
But, then again, he's been exceptional in the playoffs the past few years.

I believe the Cowboys will represent the NFC.

I think the Colts will make the trip to the SB as well.

Cowboys will win it all, though.

The Ravens won it with Trent Dilfer at QB. The Bucs won it with Brad Johnson (you should remember that being how you were a Bucs fan during that period).

A great QB isn't necessary. A servicable one that doesn't make mistakes is all that's needed and that's what they have.

Whisky Dog
07-28-2008, 10:19 AM
The Giants have gotten worse losing Strahan, Shockey, and others off of last year's team.

GB with Aaron Rodgers won't get to a SB.

The Eagles or Saints are probably the biggest threats to the Cowboys, but all three have flaws. The Eagles always have injury issues, the Saints are coming off of a mediocre year with the same personnel + Shockey, and the Cowboys can't seem to get out of their own way and seal the deal against less talented competition.

I'd still take the Cowboys out of the three as it looks right now, and I think the biggest reason is Campo is back coaching the secondary. Campo is one of the best in the business at taking a secondary and shaping it up, especially one with this much talent.

xtremesteven33
07-28-2008, 10:20 AM
Cowboys vs Colts

one more for Peyton....

BigZak
07-28-2008, 10:40 AM
if favre goes to tampa, they'll be tough!

but pats picked up lamont jordan...and i think they'll cruise to another lombardi this year and make up for last season's choke job...

GaryJohnston
07-28-2008, 10:44 AM
Cowboys.

If Favre goes to the Vikings, then I'll give the edge to them.

Thunder Dan
07-28-2008, 10:46 AM
if Brady Quinn ends up as starter the Browns will win the Super Bowl by 21 points, if Derek Anderson remains the starter the Browns will win by 10 points.

http://infopesha.org/pesha/bookit.gif

midgetonadonkey
07-28-2008, 11:00 AM
Only an 11 point difference? I would think Quinn would be good for at least 5 TDs all by himself.

J.T.
07-28-2008, 11:09 AM
The only Super Bowl I wouldn't want to see this year is Pats vs Cowboys, because that's two teams I hate that don't need to be adding to their trophy cases. Colts would dominate just about any team in the NFC in the Super Bowl, I would want them to play the Giants just to inject some hate into the Manning family and end all these Peyton-Eli marketing schemes (Double Stuff Racing League? WTF?)

The Raiders are going to shock people this year. Don't say I didn't warn you. My NFL picks are usually pretty solid.

monosylab1k
07-28-2008, 11:28 AM
Patriots vs. Cowboys. Patriots win.

and that's how 37-1* will happen.

MavDynasty
07-28-2008, 11:29 AM
Patriots vs. Cowboys. Patriots win.

and that's how 37-1* will happen.

Hey Brady,how does my ass taste?

Love,romo

monosylab1k
07-28-2008, 11:31 AM

Love,romo

Not sure Romo can say that since Brady kicked the Cowboys ass all over the field last time they played. And the time before that too.

Fix it to Love, Eli and you're onto something.

Vinnie_Johnson
07-28-2008, 11:36 AM

Vikings :lmao

monosylab1k
07-28-2008, 11:39 AM
How exactly are the Chargers contenders? Unless Darren Sproles steps up huge the next time LT fakes a knee injury to avoid playoff humiliation, they're one and done.

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-28-2008, 11:43 AM
Cowboys

Thunder Dan
07-28-2008, 11:47 AM
Only an 11 point difference? I would think Quinn would be good for at least 5 TDs all by himself.

I just think it will be 11 because Brady would only play for two quarters tops- it would be 31-3 Browns at half then Dorsey will stink it up in the second half while Brady is on his way to Disney world

dirk4mvp
07-28-2008, 11:49 AM
I just think it will be 11 because Brady would only play for two quarters tops- it would be 31-3 Browns at half then Dorsey will stink it up in the second half while Brady is on his way to Disney world

He can't leave until the game is over. He has to have sex with at least 6 supermodels first.

monosylab1k
07-28-2008, 11:50 AM
He can't leave until the game is over. He has to have sex with at least 6 supermodels first.

Brady Quinn can please 11 women at a time in under 2 minutes.

dirk4mvp
07-28-2008, 11:54 AM

This means he gets a woman for every td he throws in the superbowl. All while donating 80% of his salary to charity.

Thunder Dan
07-28-2008, 12:07 PM
now we finally have some stimulating football conversation going here

here is the discussion here in Cleveland--which one of Brady's ladies is hotter

http://www.waitingfornextyear.com/?p=1877#more-1877

FromWayDowntown
07-28-2008, 12:08 PM
Patriots, playing with 9 on offense and 10 on defense beat a team made up of the combined rosters of the Chargers and the Colts in the Super Bowl.

monosylab1k
07-28-2008, 12:29 PM
God help us all if Brady Quinn ever produces a man-seed.

Brady Quinn's firstborn will battle with John Edward Thomas Moynahan for control of the universe.

J.T.
07-28-2008, 12:38 PM

Brady Quinn's firstborn will battle with John Edward Thomas Moynahan for control of the universe.

Brady's son is going to wind up trapped in the friend zone his whole life growing up with a single mom. Inevitably he will wind up being Cal Naughton, Jr. to Son of Brady Quinn's Ricky Bobby.

monosylab1k
07-28-2008, 12:39 PM
Brady's son is going to wind up trapped in the friend zone his whole life growing up with a single mom. Inevitably he will wind up being Cal Naughton, Jr. to Son of Brady Quinn's Ricky Bobby.

True, I forgot that JET Moynahan will have to deal with his money-grubbing whore of a mother. We may have to wait for Tom Brady to impregnate Gisele with his super-sperm. Then we'll have a true Master Of The Universe.

The only way JET can assume his role as Firstborn Of The Chosen One is if he disowns his dirty bitch mom and takes his rightful last name of Brady.

Thunder Dan
07-28-2008, 12:52 PM

and by 'battle' you mean Brady Quinn's son would kick the shit out of Tom Brady's kid

peewee's lovechild
07-28-2008, 01:00 PM
The Ravens won it with Trent Dilfer at QB. The Bucs won it with Brad Johnson (you should remember that being how you were a Bucs fan during that period).

A great QB isn't necessary. A servicable one that doesn't make mistakes is all that's needed and that's what they have.

Dilfer and Johnson were both better QBs than Jackson will ever be.

Have you seen that guy's mechanics??

You need at least a decent QB that can run the offense effectivley. Jackson is incapable of doing that.

peewee's lovechild
07-28-2008, 01:03 PM

One for each finger and one for his pecker.

He's the man.

peewee's lovechild
07-28-2008, 01:08 PM
and by 'battle' you mean Brady Quinn's son would kick the shit out of Tom Brady's kid

He'd kick the shit out of him so bad, it will hurt his mother's cunt.

Spuradicator
07-28-2008, 07:26 PM
"Texans are winning it all".............is what I would say if I was fucked up on heroin, crack, LSD, anti-freeze, and cough medicine.

dallaskd
07-28-2008, 08:18 PM
'boys

J.T.
07-28-2008, 09:38 PM
"Texans are winning it all".............is what I would say if I was fucked up on heroin, crack, LSD, anti-freeze, and cough medicine.

I am not sure any of those drugs would warp your brain into thinking the Texans are SB material.

J.T.
07-28-2008, 09:39 PM

Love,romo

You realize this is like saying "Federer, tell me how my ass taste? Love Roddick"

NBA Junkie
07-28-2008, 10:27 PM

Jackson makes plenty of mistakes and will continue to make them while the opposition stacks 8 guys in the box to stuff AP. A ploy which worked to perfection over the final four weeks of last season.

Merrill Hoge
07-29-2008, 11:35 AM
Clearly the Steelers are poised to do what the Cheatriots couldn't - go 19-0.

Whisky Dog
07-29-2008, 11:59 AM
Vince Young!!

Whisky Dog
07-29-2008, 11:59 AM
Isn't there supposed to be a "d" in there somewhere?

Fillmoe
07-29-2008, 12:33 PM
niners

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-29-2008, 05:05 PM
Cowboys

bostonguy
07-29-2008, 08:50 PM
If the Patriots secondary can hold strong with that piece of aging shit called Rodney Harrison in it, I like their chances. The D-Line is pretty fucking good. I would like to see Moss nut up more and catch passes in the middle of the field. One flaw of his that I cant stand is how he wont take a chance to catch a ball if defenders are waiting around to knock him out. The O will do it's thing regardless. Pats D brought 3 superbowls here and it will be on the them again to make superbowl #4 happen.

sa_butta
07-29-2008, 11:21 PM
Popular pick: Patriots vs. Cowboys - Patriots win
Unpopular pick: Chargers vs. Saints - Saints win

bresilhac
07-30-2008, 08:42 PM
As long as Tom Brady and the defense do their respective parts then you have to favor the New England Patriots. The defense looks to be dominant again and Brady is still the greatest play maker of the last five years. Manning brothers notwithstanding.