PDA

View Full Version : The Wackness

Sense
07-27-2008, 04:28 AM
I know this movie just came out, but thanks to torrents I managed to watch this a couple of days ago...

I have to say this movie was something... and it was fun seeing Josh Peck grow out of that whole Nickelodeon thing... lol I don't even know if they'll take him back after this movie..

and the music on this movie is awesome... 90's rap, can't get better than that...

I recommend it.

mrsmaalox
07-27-2008, 12:44 PM
Well it won't open here for a few days yet, but I'm looking forward to it. Not TDK creme in my pants, start 10 threads about it, looking forward to it; just regular looking forward to it :)
I have 3 kids so I've had my share of exposure to Nickelodean and "Drake and Josh" has always been my favorite series on it, because of Josh Peck. I always knew he'd be one to watch for in the future. And here he is now in a Sundance Film Festival award winner with Sir Ben Kingsley! Not too shabby :smokin

tYe04K667Dg

Trainwreck2100
07-27-2008, 12:55 PM
lol I don't even know if they'll take him back after this movie..

If disney took back the whore from HSM i don't see why Nick wouldn't take back this guy, it's not like he can get pregnant or anything

dickface
07-27-2008, 01:52 PM
Josh Peck will always be The Wayne to me.

Fillmoe
07-27-2008, 05:20 PM
http://www.sendspace.com/file/ssn81o

dont say i never gave yall nothing

E20
07-27-2008, 05:23 PM
If Tupac isn't in this movie then it sucks.

What was that movie withTupac and Marlon Waynes in it? I forgot, but ever since that scene where Tupac disses Marlon Waynes character pretty badly I was like FUCK YOU TUPAC YOU SORRY SACK OF SHIT.

Fillmoe
07-27-2008, 05:52 PM
above the rim

SCdac
07-27-2008, 06:11 PM
I got a chance to watch this film about 4-5 weeks ago, at the theater I work at here in town. They had it for a "press screening", after that it was sent to another theater...

Outside of The Dark Knight, it's the best movie I've seen this year (followed by In Bruges and Forgetting Sarah Marshal). A solid coming-of-age story, very well written and directed. I do my fair share of smoking, grew up in 90's (etc), so I could definitely relate. Josh Peck's acting was good (I wasn't familiar with him before), as was Ben Kingsley's (who never seems to disappoint, could be argued that he carried the movie at times). The music was nostalgic for sure, though I wouldn't go as far to say it's the only selling point, it's a quality film in its own right. Method Man and one of the Olsens have interesting roles too. All in all, it certainly hit the spot. If it was released later in the year, I could see it getting a bit more attention.

Sense
07-28-2008, 07:16 AM
yeah obviously theres so much more than what I explained... but you gotta see it to understand

mrsmaalox
07-28-2008, 10:03 AM
Josh Peck will always be The Wayne to me.

Snow Day?

midgetonadonkey
08-02-2008, 04:04 PM
Excellent fucking movie.