PDA

View Full Version : Warriors have signed Biedrins

picnroll
07-27-2008, 06:06 PM
http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/53765/20080727/sources_warriors_biedrins_agree_to_6_year_deal/

The Warriors have moved quickly to prevent Andris Biedrins from considering interest from deep-pocketed teams in Europe by reaching terms on a new deal with the restricted free agent.

League front-office sources told ESPN.com that Biedrins was en route to Oakland on Sunday night, after agreeing to a new six-year deal with the Warriors worth nearly $63M. The contract will likely be signed Monday and include a player option for Biedrins to return to the free-agent market in the summer of 2013 after completing five seasons.

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-27-2008, 06:13 PM
6yr/$63M? Shiiit.

jack sommerset
07-27-2008, 06:16 PM
After losing Davis, not signing Brand GS should just save there money this year

PacerFan
07-27-2008, 06:44 PM
Considering what Okafor is asking for and what Bogut got I believe this is a steal.

TheMadHatter
07-27-2008, 06:48 PM
This is why Andrew Bynum will get max money.

JamStone
07-27-2008, 06:51 PM
If it was over 12 years, he'd be worth it.

Biggems
07-27-2008, 07:12 PM
it amazes me how average or below average players end up making superstar money.....

benefactor
07-27-2008, 07:21 PM
The Warriors are blowing money like crazy on nothing. Seems like they are even more desperate than the Wizards to stay mediocre.

Brutalis
07-27-2008, 07:28 PM
Hey the Warriors just signed Biedrins if you guys didn't know. :)

sribb43
07-27-2008, 07:32 PM
Biedrens contract = LaFrentz contract

Biggems
07-27-2008, 07:51 PM
WARRIORS come out and paaaaaaaaay!!!

baseline bum
07-27-2008, 07:58 PM
Birdriens signed the Dampier contract
Bogut already had the LaFrentz deal locked down

MarHill
07-27-2008, 08:32 PM
If it was over 12 years, he'd be worth it.

It looks like he got a "Jon Koncak" type of contract from the mid 80's Atlanta Hawks!!

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

benefactor
07-27-2008, 08:40 PM
So thats over 20 mil a season on Maggette and Biedrins alone...
:rollin:lmao:rollin:lmao

Shank
07-27-2008, 08:43 PM
Warriors have been taking salary tips from Al Davis and the Raiders.

benefactor
07-27-2008, 09:01 PM
Warriors have been taking salary tips from Al Davis and the Raiders.
Just wait until Mullin trades away a couple of first round picks for Ron Artest and Ben Wallace...then the Isaiah transformation will be complete. MWAHAHAHA!!!

ThunderStix®
07-27-2008, 09:22 PM
I wouldn't have given him anymore than a fifty Million dollar contract.

The Warriors overpaid him.

nickdakoolkat
07-27-2008, 10:03 PM
of all the contracts, this would be the only one I dont like very much....10 mil/yr for maggette isnt bad, 66 mil for 6 yrs for monta i liked, and turiaf for 17 mil/4 yrs wasnt terrible....but this much for beans is definitely a bit pricey for somebody who will never be a legitimate offensive force (besides offensive reb, and pick n roll dunks)...these fucking euro teams are driving up the prices on mediocre players!!!!!!!!!!

DDS4
07-27-2008, 11:24 PM
of all the contracts, this would be the only one I dont like very much....10 mil/yr for maggette isnt bad, 66 mil for 6 yrs for monta i liked, and turiaf for 17 mil/4 yrs wasnt terrible....but this much for beans is definitely a bit pricey for somebody who will never be a legitimate offensive force (besides offensive reb, and pick n roll dunks)...these fucking euro teams are driving up the prices on mediocre players!!!!!!!!!!

Chris Mullin/ownership have never shown any shyness to spending money. Not a bad trait but most of the time they've overspent.

Ask Fisher, Dunleavy, and Troy Murphy.

The $ spent on Ellis, Andres, and Maggette is damn near close to Tim, Manu, and Tony.

mystargtr34
07-28-2008, 12:20 AM
Thats like $1 mil for each point per game.

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-28-2008, 12:33 AM
6yr/$63M? Shiiit.

Before the summer started it was widely reported that Ellis and Biedrins would each get deals averaging about 10 million per year over the length of the contract.

This shouldn't have been surprising.

mavfan1000
07-28-2008, 01:31 AM
Before the summer started it was widely reported that Ellis and Biedrins would each get deals averaging about 10 million per year over the length of the contract.

This shouldn't have been surprising.

The point is he's still way overpaid, douche

nil.ball
07-28-2008, 03:21 AM
i guess california's standard of living is higher than average...

timvp
07-28-2008, 05:07 AM
I think that's a fair contract. Biedrins averaged a double-double at the age of 22 playing less than 28 minutes per game. That's great production for both someone that young and someone who played such few minutes.

On top of that he plays for Nellie -- the hardest coach in the league for a bigman to play for ... especially when the bigman in question doesn't have a jumper. If Biedrins played for a traditional coach, his numbers would be even better. $10M/year to lock up one of the better young bigs is a pretty damn good deal in today's market.

KidCongo
07-28-2008, 06:03 AM
I think that's a fair contract. Biedrins averaged a double-double at the age of 22 playing less than 28 minutes per game. That's great production for both someone that young and someone who played such few minutes.

On top of that he plays for Nellie -- the hardest coach in the league for a bigman to play for ... especially when the bigman in question doesn't have a jumper. If Biedrins played for a traditional coach, his numbers would be even better. $10M/year to lock up one of the better young bigs is a pretty damn good deal in today's market.

Yes people underrate Biedrins.

manufor3
07-28-2008, 07:31 AM

Thank you, Biedrins rocks

mrspurs
07-28-2008, 07:39 AM
golden state, what can ya say? gotta feel sorry for those fans who hold season tickets.....one of these days the nba is gonna wake up, (like the spurs did with horry) and retire coach nellie and his buddy george karl, shut the teams down,(cos of the player transition period back into the nba), and split up the players amongest the rest of the league. that would be the only fair thing todo for the warrior fans, for their faithful service...

ChumpDumper
07-28-2008, 12:35 PM
So can we still get him?

benefactor
07-28-2008, 01:15 PM

I don't know man. I guess I can understand why they had to do it as far as keeping the international teams from scooping him up...but its still way too much for a guy like him. He is a good role player that's good around the rim, hustles and fits into their offense but thats not 10+mil a year work. His game is just too limited IMO. I would price him at a little over the MLE, maybe 6.5ish mil a year.

The other thing is that its six years. A lot can happen in that time. Are they gonna be playing Nellie ball for 6 years? What if a new coach comes in 3 years from now and inserts a more conventional system that Biedrins doesn't fit in to? If you are going to pay a role player like this over 10mil a year then shoot for 3 or 4 years. Then there is less risk of having a immovable contract sitting at the end of your bench 2 or 3 years from now. Locking up six years for a player in the double digit millions is for your pieces that your team is built on...not your role players.

Doug Collins
07-28-2008, 03:20 PM
So can we still get him?

I think a package of Finley, Bonner, and a 2nd round pick will get the job done. I think the salaries match...might even have to throw in a 1st rounder if GS plays hardball.

mavfan1000
07-28-2008, 03:37 PM
/knowitall

Biedrins sucks, dude

nickdakoolkat
07-28-2008, 06:24 PM
Chris Mullin/ownership have never shown any shyness to spending money. Not a bad trait but most of the time they've overspent.

Ask Fisher, Dunleavy, and Troy Murphy.

The $ spent on Ellis, Andres, and Maggette is damn near close to Tim, Manu, and Tony.

yah but the difference is dunleavy is a bitch (although he played well in Indie last year), and murphy is a girl...the fisher mistake was rectified quickly as well...And we cant forget giving Foyle a 5 yr 50 mil contract either....I dunno, I hope Mullin doesn't end up making the same mistake twice with this young group, hopefully this time around the players end up performing better than the last time...

nickdakoolkat
07-28-2008, 11:04 PM
after further details of the signing it sounds a little better...it is for 54 mil with incentives that could reach up to 63 mil in total...so only if he produces will he get the full 63 mil....still a lot a money though

E20
07-28-2008, 11:05 PM
they've matched azubuike as well Where the hell are the warriors getting all this money from got damn. Didn't know Baron Davis's contract would free up so much room.