PDA

View Full Version : NBC Olympic Basketball Channel

spurschick
07-27-2008, 07:15 PM
I've seen it listed on the official Olympics site and on nbcolympics.com, but I haven't been able to get a response from Time Warner if they are carrying this channel. When I called, the guy I talked to didn't even know what I was talking about. I know there is one for soccer as well. Anybody heard or read anything about Time Warner adding this to the lineup and what channel number it is?

spurschick
07-29-2008, 10:06 AM
So I finally got an answer from Time Warner:

Thank you for using E-Response. We will be carrying those channels in the HD Broadcast for no additional charge if you have and HD converter. We will also have USA HD and CNBC HD for Olympic coverage. You would get those HD channels at no additional charge if you currently have Digital service with an HD box and the Standard Service included (channels 23-78). Keep in mind these channels will go away once the Olympics are over. Please contact us again with any further issues or inquiries. We can also be reached at 210.244.0500. Have a great day!

Thank you,
Crespin
Special Projects Team

I don't have an HD TV, so this totally blows. I could switch to U-Verse, who is carrying the channels as part of their regular service. Time Warner sucks.

Medvedenko
07-29-2008, 02:42 PM
That dude's name is "Crespin"......

angel_luv
07-29-2008, 02:45 PM
. I could switch to U-Verse, who is carrying the channels as part of their regular service. Time Warner sucks.

I agree.

Time Warner is the one thing Manu was wrong about.

Before I moved, I had U-Verse and loved it.

xtremesteven33
07-29-2008, 03:02 PM
Manu secretly has Uverse

angel_luv
07-29-2008, 03:04 PM
Manu secretly has Uverse

So that's why he no longer does the TW commercials. :lol

Pistons < Spurs
07-29-2008, 03:30 PM
All Olympic Games Aired Live: NBA has announced all of the men's and women's Olympic basketball games will be aired live from Beijing. That includes NBC, NBC HD, USA, USA HD, MSNBC, CNBC and Telemundo, while additional basketball coverage can be found on the NBC Olympic Basketball Channel.

"USA Basketball is thrilled that our fans in the United States will be able to follow all the action as both of our teams strive for Olympic gold," said USA Basketball President Val Ackerman. "NBC's airing of not only all of USA Basketball's games, but each and every Olympic basketball game, is a testament to how global the game has become and to the tremendous following our sport commands among viewers everywhere."

The NBC Olympic Basketball Channel will be available on most major cable, satellite and telephone companies and distributors. The channel will feature complete tip-off to final buzzer coverage of all 76 games (38 men's games,

38 women's games) in the Olympic basketball tournament in spectacular high definition. Additionally, NBC will feature live streaming broadcast coverage of men's and women's basketball games.

Each of the USA's contests will air live, with rebroadcasts featured on at least the NBC Olympic Basketball Channel. NBC is also planning on airing each of the USA's medal round games live and both the men's and women's gold medal contests will air on NBC and NBC HD.

According to NBC, the schedule is subject to change. For the latest Olympic TV schedule information, fans should go to NBCOlympics.com for the most updated television listings.

Oh, and remember - live from Beijing means nine hours later than the US west coast, but a day later. So, if the game is 7 p.m. local time on the 10th, it will tip off at 10 a.m. in Los Angeles and 1 p.m. in New York City, but on the 9th. Might be easier just to check your local listings.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=9625

nil.ball
07-29-2008, 03:42 PM
That dude's name is "Crespin"......

How do you know it's a dude?

spurschick
07-29-2008, 05:13 PM
The NBC Olympic Basketball Channel will be available on most major cable, satellite and telephone companies and distributors. The channel will feature complete tip-off to final buzzer coverage of all 76 games (38 men's games, 38 women's games) in the Olympic basketball tournament in spectacular high definition. Additionally, NBC will feature live streaming broadcast coverage of men's and women's basketball games.

Yeah, IF you AT&T U-Verse and Windows Vista. Time Warner is only offering the basketball channel to HD subscribers and the live streaming will only work on Windows Vista.

IronMexican
07-29-2008, 06:52 PM
since it's on NBC, they better play this

http://youtube.com/watch?v=fErMdMN-rGg

romad_20
07-29-2008, 08:02 PM
I never have a problem with Time Warner and have the HD package, so I can't complain.

sribb43
08-04-2008, 03:57 PM
Yes...All games will be broadcast live in HD on Directv's NBC Olympic Basketball channel:downspin:

SAtown
08-04-2008, 06:57 PM
I've seen it listed on the official Olympics site and on nbcolympics.com, but I haven't been able to get a response from Time Warner if they are carrying this channel. When I called, the guy I talked to didn't even know what I was talking about. I know there is one for soccer as well. Anybody heard or read anything about Time Warner adding this to the lineup and what channel number it is?

Time Warner San Antonio has it listed as HD channel 102, and soccer 103