PDA

View Full Version : He's no Bush

Nbadan
07-28-2008, 03:28 PM
If your gonna attack your opponent for not visiting troops you probably should'nt use a stock video of your opponent visiting troops....

We all know the McCain campaign is becoming increasingly desperate with their scurrilous and baseless attacks on Senator Obama. When you think about it, there really is no other option for them since they’re on the wrong side of literally every single issue. But if you’re going to smear your opponent, you should probably aim to help your cause rather than hurt it. McCain latest ad, called “Troops,” attacks Obama as some kind of troop-hater because he didn’t bother to visit with wounded soldiers during his trip overseas. The only problem? The ad contains footage of Obama meeting with the troops during his overseas visit. You can’t make this stuff up.

ABC Blog:

Sen. Barack Obama’s landing at Chicago’s Midway airport this evening was greeted with the news that rival Sen. John McCain launched a new TV ad attacking Obama for that canceled visit to see wounded troops in Germany.

McCain’s ad asserts that Obama “made time to go to the gym, but cancelled a visit with wounded troops. Seems the Pentagon wouldn’t allow him to bring cameras.”

The McCain campaign provides no evidence for the assertion that being told he couldn’t bring media had anything to do with the trip’s cancellation.

Oddly, when discussing Obama’s trip to the gym, the ad uses footage of Obama playing basketball with US troops in Kuwait over the weekend.

I thought those Bush/Cheney guys McCain hired — remember, the same ones who viciously smeared him during the 2000 campaign — were supposed to be good at this stuff?

Here’s the ad. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49hC9TpP_rY) Check out the video clip in the upper right-hand corner between :13 and :21. You’ll clearly see footage of Obama in Kuwait bouncing a baskteball with hundreds of soldiers cheering him on. Did I mention he drained that three-pointer, too?

Keep ‘em coming, Team McCain.

UPDATE: Jake Tapper adds this little nugget to his post. In case there was any doubt left that Senator Obama wanted to “use the troops as a photo-op,” this should put that to rest:

Obama campaign spokeswoman Linda Douglass says, “We told military officials explicitly that Senator Obama had absolutely no intention of bringing any members of the media or photographers in with him to visit the wounded warriors. In all of our communications with the military, we stressed that this was to be a private visit by Senator Obama.”

Cry Havoc
07-28-2008, 03:31 PM
This kind of desperation is usually reserved for telemarketers.

Really, if you're a McCain backer, how can you possibly defend this?

Nbadan
07-28-2008, 03:38 PM
Que the Red State update boys...

0cY-2ejfx-U

boutons_
07-28-2008, 03:45 PM
desperate now?

wait til after Labor Day when the desperation and sliming will be 10x worse.

Gino
07-28-2008, 03:48 PM
Wait a second...so Obama blows off greeting troops in the hospital so he can go to a pricey gym and youre upset the McCain points it out?

ChumpDumper
07-28-2008, 03:51 PM
Military hospitals don't allow campaign visits.

[/thread]

clambake
07-28-2008, 03:52 PM
Wait a second...so Obama blows off greeting troops in the hospital so he can go to a pricey gym and youre upset the McCain points it out?

how would he know? mccain was on the dairy isle discovering the price of food.

Cry Havoc
07-28-2008, 03:53 PM

:lmao

Yeah. Right.

Gino
07-28-2008, 03:54 PM
Military hospitals don't allow campaign visits.

[/thread]

Ignorance forum.

ChumpDumper
07-28-2008, 03:55 PM
Ignorance forum.Yep, you are ignorant.

You really prefer wounded troops' being used as props for campaigns?

I think that makes you a douche, but to each his own.

Nbadan
So............is McCain saying that Bin Laden is dead and he soon will be too?

As developments on the ground in Iraq and Afghanistan continue to undermine his campaign, Republican John McCain tried to play the Bin Laden card on Friday. Repeating his claim “I know how to win wars,” McCain told CNN’s Wolf Blitzer that “I know how” to capture Osama Bin Laden. Apparently, the McCain strategy, as he never tires of telling voters, is to follow Bin Laden to “the gates of hell.”

Linky (http://www.crooksandliars.com/)

Gino
Military says it set rules for Obama hospital visit
The Pentagon told the Democrat that no media or campaign aides could come along, its spokesman says. Obama canceled plans to see wounded troops in Germany.
By Peter Spiegel and Michael Finnegan, Times Staff Writers
July 26, 2008
U.S. military authorities told advisors to Barack Obama this week that he could not bring press or campaign staff on a visit to wounded troops from Iraq and Afghanistan at a hospital in Germany, a Pentagon spokesman said Friday.

After advisors learned of the restriction, the presumptive Democratic presidential nominee canceled his scheduled visit Friday to the military's Landstuhl Regional Medical Center in southern Germany.

What? No Media?!!!!!

Lets head to the Gym then!

Gino
07-28-2008, 03:57 PM
As someone who served in the military, this story really pisses me off.

Obama can go fuck himself. He's not worthy of visiting those soldiers.

ChumpDumper
07-28-2008, 03:57 PM
What? No Media?!!!!!

Lets head to the Gym then!Thanks for posting that military hospitals don't allow campaign visits.

:clap

clambake
07-28-2008, 03:58 PM

Obama can go fuck himself. He's not worthy of visiting those soldiers.

so, you're glad he didn't. now whats the argument?

ChumpDumper
07-28-2008, 03:58 PM

Obama can go fuck himself. He's not worthy of visiting those soldiers.Then what is your problem? He didn't visit those you think he doesn't deserve to visit.

Gino
07-28-2008, 03:59 PM
Thanks for posting that military hospitals don't allow campaign visits.

:clap

You were implying that Obama couldn't visit those soldiers. That is, that he couldn't see them because he was on the campaign trail.

That wasn't true. In fact, it was pretty disingenuous on your part. Obama didn't want to go if he couldn't bring the cameras, which is pretty disgusting.

ChumpDumper
07-28-2008, 04:00 PM
You were implying that Obama couldn't visit those soldiers. That is, that he couldn't see them because he was on the campaign trail.

That wasn't true. In fact, it was pretty disingenuous on your part. Obama didn't want to go if he couldn't bring the cameras, which is pretty disgusting.Nah, what I said was pretty clear.

You're being disingenuous in your inference.

You disgust me.

Gino
07-28-2008, 04:04 PM
Some people will defend ANYTHING!

This is the lowest, most shame-less act Ive seen from either political party in years. Im glad McCain's pointing it out.

Do we really want a commander in chief who only gives a shit about visiting wounded soldiers if there are cameras around?

You guys are P-A-T-H-E-T-I-C.

clambake
07-28-2008, 04:04 PM
i think it's repulsive how the pentagon forbids cameras and media to videotape our wounded.

why do they keep hiding our injured kids?

ChumpDumper
07-28-2008, 04:06 PM
Not much to defend or offend here.

It was a slightly stupid thing for his handlers to do, but it's not going to change anyone's mind about Obama. You and McCain's campaign are P-A-T-H-E-T-I-C for hoping it will.

Gino
07-28-2008, 04:09 PM
Not much to defend or offend here.

It was a slightly stupid thing for his handlers to do, but it's not going to change anyone's mind about Obama. You and McCain's campaign are P-A-T-H-E-T-I-C for hoping it will.

Ah...the proverbial "it was his advisers (or handlers) decision ". You have proof of this, I assume?

btw - As I already stated, as a former military member I am deeply offended by this. If you don't see why it would offend a lot of people, then youre a piece of shit too.

End of discussion.

Oh, Gee!!
07-28-2008, 04:10 PM
End thread here cuz Gino said so

ChumpDumper
07-28-2008, 04:12 PM
Ah...the proverbial "it was his advisers (or handlers) decision but won't have an effect".It was and it won't.

btw - As I already stated, as a former military member I am deeply offended by this. If you don't see why it would offend a lot of people, then youre a piece of shit too.

End of discussion.You mad?

Let me guess, you were a rabid Obama supporter before this happened, right?

clambake
07-28-2008, 04:13 PM
if i were obama, i'd let mccain schedule all my travel needs.

JoeChalupa
07-28-2008, 04:13 PM
This patriotism thing is getting old......as McCain.

ChumpDumper
07-28-2008, 04:14 PM
if i were obama, i'd let mccain schedule all my travel needs.He can deliver milk to the White House.

JoeChalupa
07-28-2008, 04:14 PM
if i were obama, i'd let mccain schedule all my travel needs.

To get the seniors discount?

ChumpDumper
07-28-2008, 04:16 PM
Obama is pretty much a lock to go back to this place as part of some senate trip, so it will be even less of an issue soon enough.

clambake
07-28-2008, 04:16 PM
He can deliver milk to the White House.

no thanks. old farts never check the expiration date.