PDA

View Full Version : Pistons sign the No.1 pick of 2001!!!

turiaf for president
07-28-2008, 05:48 PM
kwame freakin brown. gluck detroit, hes your problem now. prepare to be frustrated by blown layups and passes going out of bounds off his head.

IronMexican
07-28-2008, 05:54 PM
He is a very solid back up.

i would take him on LA

Pistons < Spurs
07-28-2008, 05:56 PM
I'm very happy w/ this signing. He gives us some size that we need. He'll be a nice 25 minute player for us.

Kriz-Maxima
07-28-2008, 06:00 PM
I approve.

TheMadHatter
07-28-2008, 06:02 PM
As long as you don't depend on Kwame to do anything on the offensive end you probably won't be disappointed. When HEALTHY, he is a solid backup defensive big. The problem is he almost never stays healthy for an entire season and if you need him to do anything on offense your fucked.

Not sure about this signing, $8 million is a good chunk of cash. Kwame for the LLE or vet minimum would be ideal, but in the over-inflated Big market I guess that's pipe.

xtremesteven33
07-28-2008, 06:05 PM
HAHA...i dont know what to think.

jack sommerset
07-28-2008, 06:23 PM
He just might be the missing piece to get them another ring.:lol

emo serb
07-28-2008, 06:32 PM
eastern conference is fucked with kwame on the loose.

Showtime24 LAKERS
07-28-2008, 06:33 PM
Damn it, i wanted him for our back up C!!!

SenorSpur
07-28-2008, 06:52 PM
Detroit must be desparate.

Hell, they'd been better off keeping Nazr.

Vinnie_Johnson
07-28-2008, 07:26 PM
Detroit must be desparate.

Hell, they'd been better off keeping Nazr.

They both Suck ass.

hater
07-28-2008, 08:10 PM
Oberto >> Kwame. and oberto barely qualifies as not a complete scrub

funny thing, if Spurs had got Kwame some fans around here would actually expect something from him :lol

manufor3
07-28-2008, 08:11 PM
good signing

JamStone
07-28-2008, 08:45 PM
Not sure about this signing, $8 million is a good chunk of cash. Kwame for the LLE or vet minimum would be ideal, but in the over-inflated Big market I guess that's pipe.

I think it's $8 million over two years, so it's $4 million a year. I believe Lakers paid him $9 million a year the past three seasons. $4 million is a bit much but in today's NBA, manageable midsize contracts with short years are actually an asset because they could also help make a deal happen by helping salaries match.

I think it's a good low risk move. Won't expect much, but I like his size against guys like Dwight Howard, Kendrick Perkins, Zydrunas Ilgauskas, Jermaine O'Neal, and Brendan Haywood. He won't outplay those guys, but he's got size and strength to match up a little better than what the Pistons had last year.

TheMadHatter
07-28-2008, 09:00 PM
I think it's $8 million over two years, so it's $4 million a year. I believe Lakers paid him $9 million a year the past three seasons. $4 million is a bit much but in today's NBA, manageable midsize contracts with short years are actually an asset because they could also help make a deal happen by helping salaries match.

I think it's a good low risk move. Won't expect much, but I like his size against guys like Dwight Howard, Kendrick Perkins, Zydrunas Ilgauskas, Jermaine O'Neal, and Brendan Haywood. He won't outplay those guys, but he's got size and strength to match up a little better than what the Pistons had last year.

The more I think about it the more I agree with you. DET is one of the few teams that will sacrifice offense for better defense and come out better for it, which makes Kwame's terrible offensive skills less of an issue for DET. The real issue IMHO is how healthy he can be for the entire season. When he has his health he is definitely one of the best post defenders in this league, strong as an ox and can move like a guard.

angelbelow
07-28-2008, 10:03 PM
kwame is the ideal 10th man. so imo he got overpaid.

Biggems
07-28-2008, 10:11 PM
one thing that kwame taught me..........shit can be piled 7 ft high

JamStone
07-28-2008, 10:18 PM
kwame is the ideal 10th man. so imo he got overpaid.

The Blazers' 10th man makes $12.7 million this upcoming season.

ducks
07-28-2008, 10:22 PM
4 million is not that bad
brown is not that bad
not worth number pick but if he was not the number one pick people would not think he is a big underachiever

TheMadHatter
07-28-2008, 10:35 PM
In the triangle offense, which is perhaps the most complicated offenses of all to learn, Kwame was absolutely useless. The triangle in LAL required a big that could catch the ball and facilitate out of the post, two things in which Kwame was absolutely useless in. His defensive strengths were nullified because he couldn't catch the simplest of entry passes.

DET doesn't have the same offensive needs. Kwame would be coming in purely for his defense, which he excels at when healthy. It's a gamble considering his health issues, but if it pays off the Pistons will be better for it.

turiaf for president
07-28-2008, 11:37 PM
he plays very good position Defense. down side is he cant block, doesnt box out on rebounds and has hands the size of peas. if your looking for strictly D i think you will be happy with kwame but i can see piston fans getting frustrated after he misses a couple layups by not dunking when he is 3 feet from the basket and not catching the ball when it hits him in the hands.

i will say this tho, this is a low risk move by the pistons. 4 mil per year isnt bad for a big body who can D up on howard, brand, kg etc.

mavs>spurs2
07-29-2008, 12:16 AM
I disagree with some of you, I think Kwame is a great signing if he's only relied on to go out and play good D for 10-15 minutes a night. He's kind of similar to what Diop was for Dallas.

mrspurs
07-29-2008, 07:18 AM
kwame freakin brown. gluck detroit, hes your problem now. prepare to be frustrated by blown layups and passes going out of bounds off his head.

almost sounds like your talking about fab.......nah im sure of it, noone misses easy layups more then fab

hater
07-29-2008, 08:39 AM
He's kind of similar to what Diop was for Dallas.

Diop is a defensive stud next to kwame. i don't see the similarity

turiaf for president
07-30-2008, 12:29 AM
almost sounds like your talking about fab.......nah im sure of it, noone misses easy layups more then fab

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5-A8Ao47nU&feature=related

Fernando TD21
07-31-2008, 01:09 AM
RF4xOJTCxDo
:lmao