PDA

View Full Version : Kelsey Grammer Rushed to the Hospital

tp2021
07-28-2008, 09:05 PM
Kelsey Grammer Rushed to the Hospital
http://news.aol.com/entertainment/television/article/kelsey-grammer-rushed-to-the-hospital/103907?icid=100214839x1206419701x1200325186

NEW YORK (July 28) - Television star Kelsey Grammer is back in hospital with an irregular heartbeat, two months after suffering a heart attack the actor has said nearly killed him, a celebrity news program reported on Monday.
The 53-year-old actor, best known from "Cheers" and his sitcom "Frasier," has checked into a hospital in New York after feeling faint, "Entertainment Tonight" said.

"(Grammer) is being treated for an irregular heartbeat, which we've learned could be a result of medication he was taking for his recent heart attack," the program said in a statement.
Grammer's spokesman Stan Rosenfield was not immediately available for comment.
Grammer felt chest pains while paddle-boarding with his wife in Hawaii last month where they have a second home and was taken to hospital where he was found to have suffered a heart attack.
"They had to blast me twice and get me started all over again," Grammar told "Entertainment Tonight" in an interview last week. "I did think: 'Oh gosh, I have got to hang on. I've got too much junk I've got to take care of. I've got to take care of the family."'
The program said Grammer had canceled several television appearances on Monday to promote the political comedy "Swing Vote" that opens August 1. He will remain in hospital for observation for another day.
Grammer gained fame portraying the snooty but lovable psychiatrist Dr. Frasier Crane for 20 years, first as a supporting player on the NBC comedy hit "Cheers" and then as the star of his own Emmy-winning spinoff series, "Frasier."
Grammer's heart attack came three weeks after he learned the Fox network was canceling his new show, "Back to You," in which he played a pompous, womanizing TV news anchor. The series only made it for one season.
Grammer also supplies the voice of the recurring character Sideshow Bob on the cartoon series "The Simpsons."

E20
07-28-2008, 10:47 PM
oh no

mrsmaalox
07-29-2008, 01:20 AM
I hope he does okay; I can't say I'm a big fan or anything, but a few years ago I read his autobiography and he really impressed me. Of course I was hospitalized on strict bedrest for 2 months and was reading anything that was tossed my way, but his book was interesting. Talk about a tough life, he's been through so much and I think his success is very well-deserved.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kelsey_Grammer

Viva Las Espuelas
07-29-2008, 01:49 AM
i remember drooling over his wife when she was a dancer on that mtv dance show. i couldn't believe when he bagged her.

Shaolin-Style
07-29-2008, 03:53 AM
Man, the simpsons would never be the same. Of coures I doubt it is the same as it once was but still.

Brutalis
07-29-2008, 05:14 AM
Man, the simpsons would never be the same. Of coures I doubt it is the same as it once was but still.

It's been canceled for about a year now. They just show reruns on it's time slot now I believe.

robino2001
07-29-2008, 08:21 AM
It's been canceled for about a year now. They just show reruns on it's time slot now I believe.

They had a full season this past year and everyone signed for another season starting in the fall.

***Edit - typo

angel_luv
07-29-2008, 10:10 AM
Get well soon, Frasier.

johnsmith
07-29-2008, 10:12 AM

WTF? Don't spout off about something I hold dear like the Simpsons before researching it.

You know they don't show new episodes every week of the year don't you.

I'm sorry to snap at you..........but I love me some Simpsons.

remingtonbo2001
07-29-2008, 10:18 AM
Get well soon, Frasier.

+1

It's never to late to begin a breast oogling regimen. :)

spurs_fan_in_exile
07-29-2008, 10:48 AM
+1

It's never to late to begin a breast oogling regimen. :)

Have you seen his wife?
http://l.yimg.com/img.tv.yahoo.com/tv/us/img/site/02/89/0000010289_20060921013953.jpg
If he's having heart problems there's no hope for any of us.

florige
07-29-2008, 03:38 PM

Since when??? That would be breaking news if that were to ever really happen.....

1Parker1
07-29-2008, 08:59 PM
His daughter looks exactly like him...
http://i.realone.com/assets/rn/img/1/8/3/3/15743381-15743385-large.jpg
Get well soon.