PDA

View Full Version : Free Agent-Dikembe Mutombo

Duncan2177
07-28-2008, 11:13 PM
I wouldnt mind him playing on the spurs, Any thoughts?

wildbill2u
07-28-2008, 11:14 PM
:nope

Trainwreck2100
07-28-2008, 11:21 PM
I wag my finger at your suggestion

Duncan2177
07-28-2008, 11:25 PM
Why? We can have Thomas backup Duncan and have Oberto backup Mutombo, I would rather have Thomas or Oberto backup Duncan instead of Bonner.

DROB4EVER
07-28-2008, 11:42 PM
He would be a good backup for games we really need shotblocking. He could run with the second unit for 8mpg and help teach Ian the art of the blocked shot.

He will resign with Hous

SPURSGOAT
07-29-2008, 12:25 AM
Umm we are trying to get younger.. thanks!

rj215
07-29-2008, 12:28 AM
Mutombo is probably older than Kurt and Oberto combined and he's useless on offense...we played alot of 4 on 5 last year with Fin-Dog throwin up bricks...we can't afford to do that this year....

duncan228
07-29-2008, 12:33 AM
The slow motion is great. :)

nYlm0LrIG60

AlamoSpursFan
07-29-2008, 12:41 AM
"WHO WANT TO SEX MUTOMBO?"

:lol

Indazone
07-29-2008, 12:43 AM
Don't be so sure that Deke signs with Houston. He was already pissed off last year at his tiny salary. This year, the Rockets are holding off again to see if they can sign him again with a miniscule salary. Right now their MLE and whatever small amount the Rockets have left is going to be split between Greene, Dorsey, Landry, Mutumbo. One or perhaps two of those guys is going to be out.

rayray2k8
07-29-2008, 01:03 AM
Must be something in the air or water, with all the suggestions we're getting from spurs fans now a days...
:rolleyes

nil.ball
07-29-2008, 01:16 AM
Yeah I think signing of the Mutombo will single handedly obliterate your summer goal of getting younger. :lol

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
07-29-2008, 01:23 AM
at 55 years old he still protects the rim better than Thomas, Oberto, and Bonner combined

nil.ball
07-29-2008, 02:25 AM
at 55 years old he still protects the rim better than Thomas, Oberto, and Bonner combined

So can I quote you to prove that we should get better rather than simply get younger?

venitian navigator
07-29-2008, 04:21 AM
In the games i've seen him play last season he played well...still a wonderful shot blocker and above average rebounder.
He's always been in very good shape, despite his "millenarium"age (he runs a lot)
I'd love this signing...'cause it's ideal for "special team's" situations.
I have great expectations on Mahinmi, but the truth is that, as for now, we don't have a real shot blocker beside Duncan...and also Tim doesn't really jump too much anymore....
We have just the right amount of money to exceed the Houston's offer (the trade exception or the rest of the MLE) and could be for just one year...
Deke won't ask for "big minutes" and still hasn't won a championship...so we could be reallty enticing for him (also 'cause he don't have to move too much from where he's now).

I see that for both a pretty good and win win situation...

Brutalis
07-29-2008, 04:57 AM
The slow motion is great. :)

nYlm0LrIG60

That never gets old. TD wasn't even trying to fake him out like that, and obviously was a little surprised it worked like that.

Brutalis
07-29-2008, 04:58 AM
No way to Deke. But damn he was one beast on the defensive end in his prime.

DANILO DRASKOVIC
07-29-2008, 05:12 AM
http://www.totalindependenceplus.com/walkers/images/SteadyMate-Walker-info_gif_old.jpg

Tigole Bitties
07-29-2008, 05:15 AM
heh... "COOOOOOOOKIES!!!"

mrspurs
07-29-2008, 06:44 AM
there is fine line between getting younger, and getting lottery picks, and we are dancing on that line. mutombo is old but would be something the spurs havnt had since duncan blew his legs and ankles..........a shot blocker, but with that said, mutombo isnt that guy no matter his age

Sissiborgo
07-29-2008, 07:39 AM
Hell no.... we will be a cemeteary if we would sign him!...

Biggems
07-29-2008, 08:00 AM
there is fine line between getting younger, and getting lottery picks, and we are dancing on that line. mutombo is old but would be something the spurs havnt had since duncan blew his legs and ankles..........a shot blocker, but with that said, mutombo isnt that guy no matter his age

your analysis is flawed......we are a playoff team as long as we have Duncan, Manu, Bowen, and Parker.

Mutombo would not be a bad signing at all. I would prefer someone younger, but he is a great defender. He is also a great person off the court. His philanthropy work fits right in with the Spurs. His charm and big heart would work well here in SA. Plus, I am sure he wouldn't mind throwing a few finger wags back in the Rockets faces.

Let's put it like this.....Mutombo or Bonner? I take Mutombo any day of the week, cause of his defense.

mrspurs
07-29-2008, 08:11 AM
your analysis is flawed......we are a playoff team as long as we have Duncan, Manu, Bowen, and Parker.

Mutombo would not be a bad signing at all. I would prefer someone younger, but he is a great defender. He is also a great person off the court. His philanthropy work fits right in with the Spurs. His charm and big heart would work well here in SA. Plus, I am sure he wouldn't mind throwing a few finger wags back in the Rockets faces.

Let's put it like this.....Mutombo or Bonner? I take Mutombo any day of the week, cause of his defense.

well if you put it that way...mutombo or bonner? then i assume you know me, of course, not bonner...but since you dont know me, you should assume, by me thinking of mutombo in his early days, his price would be to high for the spurs to pay anyways....points well taken

Ocotillo
07-29-2008, 08:13 AM
http://i.livescience.com/images/ig59_Masiakasaurus_09.jpg

hater
07-29-2008, 08:37 AM
old as dirt