PDA

View Full Version : UFOs, Edgar Mitchell and the Intelligence Community

Nbadan
07-28-2008, 11:45 PM
Que the X-files theme...

6M6vP8-SbU0

CIA X-files Support Astronaut Edgar Mitchell UFO Tale
Gary S. Bekkum

Gary S. Bekkum is an independent 'occasional' rogue journalist & web author, and researcher of material that blurs the distinction between fiction and reality.

In 2004 Bekkum initiated Starstream Research, as an informal survey of exotic physics and consciousness concepts related to the survival or otherwise of the human race. Building from an international network of contacts in science and the defense industry, some of the Starstream Research material is available to the public at STARpod.org.

As a result of his efforts, Bekkum has reported numerous contacts with past and present intelligence officials interested in the application of exotic phenomena, ranging from antigravity to mind-to-mind communication.

Gary S. Bekkum
July 28, 2008

The past few days have seen a viral explosion of stories about statements made by Apollo astronaut Dr. Edgar Mitchell, who walked on the moon in 1971.

The entire affair, which began with an interview at Kerrang! Radio,appears to be building a small mountain of momentum, with headlines like:

"Ex-Astronaut: Aliens Are Real and NASA Knows It"

"Aliens are out there, says former NASA astronaut"

"Astronaut reveals that aliens have better technology than humans"

"Ex-NASA astronaut 'sure' aliens exist"

Even Reuters has posted a video news report on-line.

A quick search of Google News pulled up more than 300 articles.

Curiously, the most important aspect of Dr. Mitchell's testimony to the "Spies, Lies, and Polygraph Tape" UFO affair has received little attention from most of the media outlets.

During the Kerrang! interview, Mitchell stated:

"But I've also been in military circles, and intelligence circles, that know that beneath the surface of what has been public knowledge, that yes, we have been visited."

"I believe there´s a ´core story´," Jim explained, "but I don´t know what it is. I have been told by people more senior than me that there is some truth to it, but they told me time and time again to stop pursuing it with CIA people and other intel types. Two very senior officials told me they saw briefing books, the only ones who would be cleared to know the story are the most senior Pentagon career officers." Jim refuses to divulge his sources, but when pressed, he reiterates what they told him: look to the Pentagon and the private sector´s aerospace and weapons labs, etc. US ntelligence "doesn´t have labs capable of dealing with something this profound." He also notes that over the years he has received thousands of UFO-related government documents in unmarked envelopes. Although some are obvious fakes, others, according to Jim, contain information that correlates with known, but still classified, scientific studies. In an intriguing footnote, Jim adds, "I have spoken to three former Presidents and the subject always comes up, not as a briefing, but they also want to know the truth. But apparently they aren´t cleared for it."

UFOs and the Intelligence Community

The central mystery of Spies, Lies and Polygraph Tape remains: why would senior persons involved in official U.S. government intelligence activities get involved with Internet forums and personalities interested in an esoteric subject like UFOs?

This leads to the topic of flies and flypaper.

The Intelligence Community isn't only interested in persons interacting over the Internet via various forums, web sites and email distribution groups.

They are also interested in who is watching the activities, and why.

The Intelligence Community monitors open-source material, ranging from mainstream media outlets to items of interest in blogs and other sources on line.

Where alternative science is concerned, the Internet acts as a sticky-web of flypaper for an entire international community of interested persons, including scientists in various nations, with different degrees of national loyalty.

UFOs Over London: The MoD Disclosure

Recently the UK Ministry of Defence (MoD) created a page dedicated to their studies of Unusual Aerial Phenomenon (UAP), littered with tantalizing clues to the backdrop behind the Spies, Lies, and Polygraph Tape fiasco:

"During a policy review in 1996 into the handling of Unidentified Aerial Phenomena sighting reports received by the Ministry of Defence, a study was undertaken to determine the potential value, if any, of such reports to Defence Intelligence. Consistent with Ministry of Defence policy, the available data was studied principally to ascertain whether there is any evidence of a threat to the UK, and secondly, should the opportunity arise, to identify any potential military technologies of interest."

Much of the MoD material discusses unexplained plasma physics and their interaction with radar systems and visual observers.

"The phenomena occur on a daily, world-wide basis ... that UAP exist is indisputable."

One of the more interesting items in the summary notes that "Attempts by other nations to intercept the unexplained objects, which can clearly change position faster than an aircraft, have reportedly caused fatalities."

In addition to suggesting an exotic and poorly understood natural phenomena to explain the anomalous sightings and radar events, the report examines more exotic possibilities. One section examines exotic theoretical possibilities, including evidence of MoD interest in Russian and American researchers investigating hypothetical torsion spin fields. Torsion fields are mentioned as one possible anomalous mental signal transmission mechanism in the CIA STAR GATE psychic-spy files.

As for the spies, and the cover-up of years of covert examination of a phenomena typically laughed off by the mainstream media?

"The aim of this investigation has been to determine the potential value, if any, of UAP sighting reports to Defence Intelligence. Consistent with MoD policy, the available data has therefore been studied principally to ascertain whether there is any evidence of a threat to the UK, and secondly, should the opportunity arise, to identify any potential military technologies of interest."

It is the present opinion of this author that the UK interest in the UAP phenomena, with the close connection to radar and other forms of MASINT detection, was behind a rumored warning that a UK-based STARstream Research contributing writer might have been an agent of the British Secret Intelligence Service, aka MI6.

Linky (http://www.americanchronicle.com/articles/69785)

BradLohaus
07-29-2008, 12:35 AM
This guy may really believe what he's saying, but the alien stuff is just a cover for the secret weapons programs.

Personal story: I was drinking with some friends at Fitzwilly's in College Station 3 summers ago. The conversation turns to Iraq and and technology. One guy says that his best friend in high school's dad was a retired engineer who worked at Area 51. The dad told them that the government loves the alien stories. He also says he told them that nobody knows everything about the underground facilities except for the highest of the higher ups because it's all so compartmentalized (or exactly how big it is, but that it's "bigger than you could imagine"), and they like to stay decades ahead of whatever is on the ground today in these wars that aren't existential battles.

FWIW, but the friend isn't the kind to make stuff up. Even while drinking.

Nbadan
07-29-2008, 12:39 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if some of these sighting were secret weapon program related...you ever hear about a secret Nazi camp that was developing anti-gravity technology that was supposedly attacked by the Russians in the antarctic?

Nbadan
07-29-2008, 01:02 AM
Nazi flying disK?

mWjTO7Yk4Tc

Nbadan
07-29-2008, 01:34 AM
Buzz Aldrin Recounts Apollo 11 UFO Encounter

XlkV1ybBnHI