PDA

View Full Version : Free Agent = Theo Ratliff

ceperez
07-29-2008, 05:43 AM
With Detroit signing Kwame Brown, there's a big likelihood that we'll be able to sign Theo Ratliff.

Here's his stats:

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/theo_ratliff/

He's 6'10", 35 years old and averaged 0.9 blocks, 2.3 rebounds per game in the playoffs with Detroit

I would sign him for whatever money we've got left.

Mal
07-29-2008, 05:51 AM
No, Ian must play. Theo could steal his time

exstatic
07-29-2008, 06:28 AM
No

exstatic
More

exstatic
Old

exstatic
Guys

mrspurs
07-29-2008, 06:57 AM
there is a fine line between getting older and getting lottery picks...with our current roster, i expect lottery picks as soon as maybe next or within the next 2 seasons.....for whatever reason the spurs just dont have that lick for getting lucky......then again ian might just be able to play basketball.....hope im wrong but this whole ian project is gonna be a waste of time. by the time ian is ready to play in the nba, duncan will have retired. and there is noway anyone, anywhere is gonna tell me, ian is the spurs future big man....ian=wasted project..........the spurs shoulda been looking elsewhere, pops so called crush on international players as well as veterans will come to end soon...then we go back to the 80's.....heck wouldnt be surprised to see the spurs get run out town by someother city......think about out it, if a city like seattle(who has nfl,mlb,nhl) cant keep a nba team, how on earth are we doing it? times have changed ladys and gentlemen and so has the spurs lucky streak........if they plan to make a run with this current roster, the spurs will be making fools out of their fans...seems they already are the biggest question of them all is..........do the spurs players etc. care what their fans here in san antonio really think...........imo not one bit, these guys could play anywhere and win and im sure they have said thank you to more then one place in their lives.....just dont play your fans for suckers(aka warriors,denver,clippers) and ill stay faithful, i was faithful during the 70s,80s,90s our team is starting to look like the 70s team(bunch of talented players in a system built around playing fans for fools) then they got rid of bob bass and everything changed......life is good

Sissiborgo
07-29-2008, 07:37 AM
Pfff.......

hater
07-29-2008, 08:31 AM
cool guy but Horry > Theo. and we got rid of Horry

remingtonbo2001
07-29-2008, 09:59 AM
No

More

Old

Guys

:lol

DROB4EVER
07-29-2008, 02:34 PM
Horry is not better than Ratliff by a long shot. For one thing Theo can still move very well while Rob needs a wheel chair to check in.

Horry is not a shot blocker Ratliff is on of the best pr min shot blockers over the last 10yrs.

Horry is soft post wise, theo is a tuff guy.

If we have a chance to get him I say do it. We need guys who can give us mins because all our bigs cannot go the whole season playing 30plus mins. Ratliff could play one game while we rest thomas the next game thomas plays and Ratliff gets the DNPCD.

If you cant get a few young lets, get a bunch of old ones.

brettn
07-29-2008, 03:05 PM
there is a fine line between getting older and getting lottery picks...with our current roster, i expect lottery picks as soon as maybe next or within the next 2 seasons.....for whatever reason the spurs just dont have that lick for getting lucky......then again ian might just be able to play basketball.....hope im wrong but this whole ian project is gonna be a waste of time. by the time ian is ready to play in the nba, duncan will have retired. and there is noway anyone, anywhere is gonna tell me, ian is the spurs future big man....ian=wasted project..........the spurs shoulda been looking elsewhere, pops so called crush on international players as well as veterans will come to end soon...then we go back to the 80's.....heck wouldnt be surprised to see the spurs get run out town by someother city......think about out it, if a city like seattle(who has nfl,mlb,nhl) cant keep a nba team, how on earth are we doing it? times have changed ladys and gentlemen and so has the spurs lucky streak........if they plan to make a run with this current roster, the spurs will be making fools out of their fans...seems they already are the biggest question of them all is..........do the spurs players etc. care what their fans here in san antonio really think...........imo not one bit, these guys could play anywhere and win and im sure they have said thank you to more then one place in their lives.....just dont play your fans for suckers(aka warriors,denver,clippers) and ill stay faithful, i was faithful during the 70s,80s,90s our team is starting to look like the 70s team(bunch of talented players in a system built around playing fans for fools) then they got rid of bob bass and everything changed......life is good

Really? Lottery picks within 2 years? ...Really?

Run out of town?

They're playing us for suckers?

Jesus christ, what a stupid fucking post.

Texas_Ranger
07-29-2008, 03:36 PM
We will not get any more players... And that SUCKS! :madrun

dyk538
07-29-2008, 05:12 PM
not going to happen, we have ian, thomas, tolliver, gist, bonner, oberto and horry

o and a guy by the name of tim duncan

rj215
07-29-2008, 05:13 PM
I've seen posts asking if we should try to get Theo, Dikembe, Antonio Daniels etc. Ummmmm, no thanks. Horry, Barry, Stoudamire and maybe Fin-Dog are gone for a reason...they're older than dirt. The Spurs are trying to get younger and build talent (Hill, Gist, Tolliver, Mason) that'll help them for years to come.

exstatic
07-29-2008, 06:43 PM
Really? Lottery picks within 2 years? ...Really?

Run out of town?

They're playing us for suckers?

Jesus christ, what a stupid fucking post.

You don't have him on ignore yet? Shame on you.

anakha
07-29-2008, 08:34 PM
bitch, bitch, bitch

:rolleyes

ceperez
07-23-2009, 07:45 PM
Ha! I told you so! It's just too bad he's a year older and a year slower!

jaffies
07-23-2009, 07:47 PM
Old

4RINGS
07-23-2009, 07:52 PM
Ha! I told you so! It's just too bad he's a year older and a year slower!

Good call... no one seemed to want Theo last year, now that we have signed him, it appears people are good with him.:flag:

longlivefinley4
07-23-2009, 07:53 PM
THEO!!!

solid acquisition:toast

timtonymanu
07-23-2009, 07:53 PM
it's funny when people ask if a certain player is right for the team, people respond with negative comments. but when we actually get the player, people say good things.

EricB
07-23-2009, 08:22 PM
Sorry exstatic.