PDA

View Full Version : AI to the Rockets??

GuerillaBlack
07-29-2008, 03:24 PM
AI for Battier, Alston, and expiring contracts is the rumor making its round for the last few days in Houston and Denver. Supposedly, it was going to happen over the weekend, but got held up. I'm kind of excited by this. I just found out this morning. I don't know whether to pee myself or frown. But it's looking like more then just a rumor. Everyone wanted a #3 scoring option, well, here he is. It is a definite upgrade that the PG position. I would do it now.

I have heard this rumor from two different people and I think there is some smoke to this fire. A guy called in to Charlie Palillo's show on 790 last Friday and said that his friend works in the Rockets ticket office and was told to not go anywhere over the weekend because a big trade is supposed to go down and they needed everyone to man the phones. Additionally, I have heard elsewhere that this trade supposedly was supposed to go down over the weekend but has been held up unexpectedly. Anyone else hear anything.

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=151823

http://www.shaggybevo.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=13486

dimsah
07-29-2008, 03:28 PM
Yeah, like Iverson's gonna be cool as the #3 scoring option.

GuerillaBlack
07-29-2008, 03:28 PM
He's already the #2 in Denver. He'll switch off with Yao as the #2 throughout the season. You know damn well TMac and Yao can't stay healthy an entire season, either.

greensborohill
07-29-2008, 03:37 PM
Must suck for Yao being the unquestioned best player on that team and yet he never gets any touches. . . but T-Back gets all the shots he wants and only shoots 41%.

nil.ball
07-29-2008, 03:41 PM
Nigga Poolease!

xtremesteven33
07-29-2008, 03:58 PM
PG-Iverson
SG-Head
SF-McGrady
PF-Scola
C-Yao

haha...i wanna see this fall apart if it were to happen

SenorSpur
07-29-2008, 03:59 PM
AI for Battier, Alston, and expiring contracts is the rumor making its round for the last few days in Houston and Denver. Supposedly, it was going to happen over the weekend, but got held up. I'm kind of excited by this. I just found out this morning. I don't know whether to pee myself or frown. But it's looking like more then just a rumor. Everyone wanted a #3 scoring option, well, here he is. It is a definite upgrade that the PG position. I would do it now.

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=151823

http://www.shaggybevo.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=13486

Make no mistake about it. Iverson will become the Rockets #1 scoring option because he'll have the ball in his hands most of the time. Thereby taking shots away from Yao and McGrady, who should remain your #1 & #2 scoring options.

This has disaster written all over it and I hope the Rockets make that trade.

xtremesteven33
07-29-2008, 04:04 PM
Denver needs a new coach.
Rockets need to stay healthy.

problem solved

nil.ball
07-29-2008, 04:07 PM

problem solved

:toast

spurs_fan_in_exile
07-29-2008, 04:13 PM
Well they'd upgrade from a knife wielding chucker PG to a gun wielding chucker PG. I think they'd end up missing Battier more than most will realize, but after a series of first round exits they need to make some moves and this would certainly qualify.

BacktoBasics
07-29-2008, 04:15 PM
No way TMac and AI find a way to work together. Just not possible.

GuerillaBlack
07-29-2008, 04:21 PM

Yes it is. T-Mac is more of a facilitator now. They can work together.

xtremesteven33
07-29-2008, 04:27 PM
no way this works out.

but for our sakes lets hope this gets done

nil.ball
07-29-2008, 04:34 PM
Ibtl

07-29-2008, 04:38 PM
trading away the two best defenders on the team isn't exactly the way to win a championship. works out for the nuggets though. if the rockets do this, then it's one less contender the spurs will have to worry about.

ChumpDumper
07-29-2008, 04:39 PM
A team in financial difficulty trades away its biggest drawing player who also happens to represent the largest expiring contract in the NBA?

For scrubs?

With longer contracts?

I'll believe it when I see it.

Indazone
07-29-2008, 04:41 PM
Can't believe I'm saying this but Chumpdumper is usually right. This is one completely clusterF***D trade. It will never happen and Rockets management cannot be that stupid. Or can they?

ChumpDumper
07-29-2008, 04:45 PM
Depends.

Has Jerry West worked for either team?

Indazone
07-29-2008, 04:50 PM
Oh hey,

I know, how the management is thinking. We can just let Landry go cause he's too expensive and has a bad knee. He goes to Europe. We can shift T-Mac to the 3 and just play Scola big minutes at the 4. Yao can play a lot of minutes at center until he gets injured again and then we can play that rookie Dorsey. The backcourt will be Francis and Iverson. We win the Championship! Whoo Hooo!

Hmm cept I seem to remember another experiment. I think it was Marbury and Francis running the guard positions. Who here doesn't think that Iverson Francis would be even a bigger clusterf**k.

Oh wait, we can play Brooks he's the answer to everything and if he isn't we can start Bobby Jackson.

Gimme a Break :rolleyes

GuerillaBlack
07-29-2008, 05:14 PM
Ibtl

Maybe. The guy who reported this at ClutchFans is starting to look like BS. We'll see (been a long summer).

SynicFan
07-29-2008, 05:58 PM

problem solved

:lmao
HILARIOUS!

Findog
07-29-2008, 05:58 PM
The Rockets have a nice team on paper if they could ever keep McGrady and Ming healthy. I like the role players/supporting cast around them. If I were a team like Houston that has realistic title hopes if healthy, I wouldn't trade Iverson for Battier straight up. All Iverson does is add more scoring and give up almost as much on the other end. Battier is better at what he does than Bowen at this point.

SynicFan
07-29-2008, 06:00 PM

NO WAY the New England Patriots go undefeated and lose in the Super Bowl.
They wont lose...not to the Giants! right?!.....right!????

SynicFan
07-29-2008, 06:02 PM
no way this works out.

but for our sakes lets hope this gets done

I vote for the trade.
anything that gets Wafer out of Houston!

Indazone
07-29-2008, 06:45 PM
If you want to run and gun or play iso basketball where someone has to breakdown the defense off the dribble get Iverson. Otherwise if you play a motion read and react offense or for that matter any structured offense..forget AI. He would suck. Francis has had the most trouble figuring out Adleman's offense and is the same type of player. Nice to have on your bench for energy and maybe filling out at the 2 guard but probably not running the offense. We already have T-Mac at the 2 and no way Iverson is better than T-Mac. Francis would be good to see at the 2 guard for a few sets but that's about it. Alston is the PG.

outmap
07-29-2008, 08:16 PM
Wow!

PG - AI
SG - T-mac
SF - RonRon
PF - Scola
C - Yao

That's scary!

confined
07-29-2008, 08:26 PM
Wow!

PG - AI
SG - T-mac
SF - RonRon
PF - Scola
C - Yao

That's scary!

yeah that is one badass line-up, problem is that its got 2 selfish nutjobs and 2 injury prone under-achievers in it

bostonguy
07-29-2008, 08:27 PM
How will the Rockets financially be able to make this trade work. Battier/Alston is like over 10 million. They still need 11 more. Where would that come from?

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-29-2008, 08:31 PM
How will the Rockets financially be able to make this trade work. Battier/Alston is like over 10 million. They still need 11 more. Where would that come from?

Don't let facts get in the way of the rookie knuckleheads with no knowledge of the collective bargaining agreement or salary cap.

GuerillaBlack
07-29-2008, 09:02 PM

Won't work now since we have Artest.

Ill Cosby
07-31-2008, 11:49 AM
If true, than the Rockets may get out of the first round and that's only may, better chance than last year...but this could just be another failed AI experiment