View Full Version : T.O. versus Terrell Owens

GaryJohnston
07-29-2008, 05:41 PM
A good write up on Owens...

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=granderson/080724&sportCat=nfl
T.O. versus Terrell Owens
By LZ Granderson
Page 2

When I lived in Atlanta six years ago, I frequented two gyms to play hoops: Run N Shoot, a 24-hour joint that featured some of the best players in the area, and Crunch Fitness in Buckhead, Ga., which featured some of the best talkers.

At Crunch, there were guys who would start yapping in the parking lot on their way in and wouldn't stop until they got back in their cars hours later. A dude could trip, kick the ball in the air and bank in a half-court shot and you'd think he meant to do that by the way he'd start talking junk afterward.

It was the kind of gym that'd be perfect for a selfish egotistical maniac to let his voice be heard. So imagine my surprise when I was in the gym for about an hour one day before someone told me Terrell Owens had been on the opposite court the entire time.

Quietly playing.

Quietly winning.

An outstanding basketball player, Owens was easily one of the best guys playing that day. And yet, in a facility where smack talk is more important than actual skill, Owens was as quiet as a Ralph Nader for President rally.

Before that day I thought I had a pretty good understanding of who T.O. was.

But that afternoon I met Terrell Owens.

Fast-forward to 2008. I see that the gap between Owens' public persona and his private one is widening. It's evident by his lack of a shoe contract. Evident by a recent poll of NFL GMs that listed him as the last player they'd want on their team, even though he was in the top five in receiving yards and receiving touchdowns last season, and even though he has lost a fumble once -- just once -- in the past seven seasons. And evident by many of the responses I've read in cyberspace the past few days regarding his helping a friend of mine, Sam Alipour, after he was hit by a car following an ESPYS party.

"Sam getting hit by a car and T.O. helping him out, all i got to say is ANYTHING IS POSSIBLEEEEEEEEEEEEE !!! lol," posted one person.

"It's pretty fascinating to hear a story that actually paints T.O. in a positive light," wrote another.

It's all a bit irritating to me. Because for all the press this guy has received during the past four years or so, the words "arrested," "domestic violence," "rape," "assault," "DUI," "steroids" or "phone calls to the Minnesota Vikings using a Green Bay Packers telephone" have never been attached to him.

One thing you might not know about Terrell Owens? He's an excellent basketball player.
What I do know is that Owens has been an advocate in the fight against Alzheimer's disease, volunteered in New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina without any Manning-like fanfare, donated a game check to the Sri Lanka tsunami relief fund, signed a waiver saying that the Philadelphia Eagles would not be financially responsible if he got hurt playing in the Super Bowl against doctor's orders, and opened his offseason home in suburban Atlanta on Saturday mornings to the guys at Crunch who could play with their mouths shut.

This is the real Terrell Owens -- kind, giving, warm, funny. Of course he helped Alipour after witnessing him in a car accident. In fact, when I ran into Owens that night, it was he who told me what happened and walked me over to the scene of the accident. This isn't anything out of the ordinary for any decent human being to do -- especially someone as genuinely nice as Owens.

"I didn't know who that was that got hit by a car until afterwards," Owens said. "I was just concerned for another human being. But for a lot of people it's a shock that I would care like that, and that's disappointing. Even a couple of articles I've read had all of this sarcasm to it, like they were making fun of me. I try not to let it bother me, but I am human."

The problem is that T.O. fella.

That dude tends to rub people the wrong way -- doing shirtless crunches in his driveway, throwing Donovan McNabb under the proverbial bus, signing a football during the game.

T.O. -- the guy in front of the camera -- occasionally can be a pain in the you-know-what.

Terrell Owens? He's a really good dude.

I just wish he'd get out of his own way and show you.

But apparently something happens when the lights come on that neither I nor he can fully explain. I've asked him about it. He's not sure why T.O. and Terrell Owens are worlds apart in people's eyes. He blames it all on the media. And yeah, we're responsible for a lot of his image trouble.

But not all of it.

When most people think of T.O., they think about things like the Sharpie incident.
He's still the guy dogging Jeff Garcia and doing the crunches. I believe that because football is such a macho sport, any sign of weakness could be used against him. And because greeting the world with a hug and a smile isn't readily associated with masculinity and strength in this country, he occasionally has to act out to protect himself. Owens doesn't fully agree with that, but that's my theory, and I'm sticking to it.

"Everybody makes mistakes," he said. "I have made mistakes, but who hasn't done things wrong? The only thing is, I'm in the limelight.

"I've read what people had to say about me when the story about Sam came out and how people are so surprised. I can't say it doesn't bother me, but I have to remember who I am and what's in my heart. I know my grandmother and mother raised me to be a good man, and I try every day to honor them. T.O. is a name that was given to me by John Madden. A lot of people hear it and think of this arrogant, cocky kind of person. But those who know Terrell know I'm relaxed and laid-back. That's the difference. I'm Terrell all of the time, but the media only shows this T.O. image."

The cynics who are reading this think I'm either a jock-sniffing columnist or just plain naive. I can tell you I'm neither. I'm just a guy who has gotten to know someone and has grown a little tired of the rampant misrepresentation of that person. Again, he's responsible for a lot of the criticism that's directed his way, but there are cats with DUIs and steroid suspensions who receive much more love. Is it really all about his constantly putting his foot in his mouth, or are some of us just shooting at an easy target? And, in either case, when do we cut the guy some slack?

"I do a lot of stuff like signing the football because it's fun," he says. "I'm not trying to disrespect the game. I love this game and God's blessed me to be able to play it. I just want to lighten things up."

Maybe some of us should follow suit.

stretch
07-30-2008, 08:17 AM
great article. im sick of the unfair BS Owens hate.

ATRAIN
07-30-2008, 08:34 AM
That's my quarterback!!!

http://www.atlnightspots.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/519.jpg

peewee's lovechild
07-30-2008, 08:43 AM
Interesting article.

The problem is that he does indeed bring it on himself. But, I think if he can show more of his "Terrell" side, more people will open up to him. Until then, he's going to be T.O.

ATRAIN
07-30-2008, 08:57 AM
Interesting article.

The problem is that he does indeed bring it on himself. But, I think if he can show more of his "Terrell" side, more people will open up to him. Until then, he's going to be T.O.

Ive always liked his T.O. side. He is great at marketing himself and if that means controversy then so be it. Since he was a 49er I have always thought TO was very talented and smart. He will remain quiet for now, but the TO side will never die (or until maybe he wins a sb).

Whisky Dog
07-30-2008, 08:59 AM
I'm sure he's a pretty good dude as evident by his lack of a record (which seems to be the standard judgement in professional sports these days), but when you run your mouth and pull some of the stunts on camera that he has the last few years you have to expect it. When you start doing those things you basically say, "I don't give a damn what anyone thinks, I do what I want". That's cool, but then don't act hurt when people think you're an asshole.

This article makes it sound like TO is a two face - a good guy acting like an asshole for the cameras. You can only have a persona if you aren't genuine or secure enough to just be yourself.

stretch
07-30-2008, 09:02 AM
Interesting article.

Its true he brings some criticism upon himself, but at the same time, some (really MOST) people take it wayyyyyyyyy too far, and a lot of it, is because of the media. Fact is, there is FAR worse shit going on in the world, hell in the United States, and people are more interested on bashing on T.O. for being a jerk from time to time at his JOB, while there is all kinds of other bullshit going on like robberies, killings, and other crap that people dont even give two shits about. No, they think that what T.O. does at his fuckin job is more devastating to society.

Fuck people.

stretch
07-30-2008, 09:04 AM
That's cool, but then don't act hurt when people think you're an asshole.

I don't think thats what bothers him. Its that there are far worse things that other people do, that these critics dont care about, yet the second he does anything that is the SLIGHTEST bit controversial (such as jokingly wearing a lance armstrong suit to practice) then suddenly he is bashed on for being the worst human being alive. Its bullshit.

And fact is, people bash on him for being such a terrible teammate, calling him overrated, whatever... why is it that every where he goes, the QB that is throwing to him always has incredibly impressive seasons and the offense improves exponentially? Obviously he is bringing more to the table that people realize, and no one will really understand until he actually is present.

peewee's lovechild
07-30-2008, 09:33 AM
Its true he brings some criticism upon himself, but at the same time, some (really MOST) people take it wayyyyyyyyy too far, and a lot of it, is because of the media. Fact is, there is FAR worse shit going on in the world, hell in the United States, and people are more interested on bashing on T.O. for being a jerk from time to time at his JOB, while there is all kinds of other bullshit going on like robberies, killings, and other crap that people dont even give two shits about. No, they think that what T.O. does at his fuckin job is more devastating to society.

Fuck people.

The thin is, he lets it go that far.

He continues to do his T.O. shenanigans.

So, he's at fault for all the negative coverage that's directed to him. Does the media go to far at times? Sure. But, that's the game. That's what the media does. Everyone knows that and so does T.O.

You have the option of keeping your mouth shut and playing the game. That's a lesson that Adam Jones is learning right now.

stretch
07-30-2008, 09:37 AM
He continues to do his T.O. shenanigans.

What shenanigans? The last thing he did was the whole Philly issue. Since hes been in Dallas, he has been fantastic. Every "issue" that came up was completely overblown, and if it was any other player, they wouldn't have been issues at all.

peewee's lovechild
07-30-2008, 09:57 AM
He's been fantastic throughout his Cowboy tenure???

Did you forget about his accidental overdose?

His battle of the balls vs. Parcells??

You don't know what the hell you're talking about.

Vinnie_Johnson
07-30-2008, 09:58 AM
I find it funny how people hate TO but love Chad Johnson.

Vinnie_Johnson
07-30-2008, 09:59 AM

Dude that was Parcels being an A-Hole The Player shit.

peewee's lovechild
07-30-2008, 10:03 AM
Dude that was Parcels being an A-Hole The Player shit.

The Coach runs the team, not any one player.

peewee's lovechild
07-30-2008, 10:03 AM
I find it funny how people hate TO but love Chad Johnson.

I can't stand Chad Johnson.

And, he's come across as a total asshole with his offseason bullshit.

Vinnie_Johnson
07-30-2008, 10:12 AM
The Coach runs the team, not any one player.

Parcels never wanted him there and went out of his way to let him know that. That's all I am saying Parcels was no saint in the whole thing both played a part.

stretch
07-30-2008, 10:24 AM

Yup.

Did you forget you are a fucking retard? Do you just completely disregard the word "accidental"? It was a completely overblown incident that if it had happened to any other player, it would have pretty much been a non-issue. No press confereces. Nothing. Maybe a simple segment in ESPN saying "this player had to go to the ER due to complications with medication, but is doing fine and will return to the practice field within the next day or so" and move on.

What battle? You mean Parcells being a dickhead for no reason? Notice also, that when TO came, the Cowboys were back in the playoffs, and when Parcells left, the team went 13-3 and are widely considered title contenders, where-as no one ever though such a thing about them during his entire tenure. TO never really said much during his time here. It was obvious he got tired of Parcells acting like an asshole, but never really said much. Again, it was an overblown situation of a coach and player that didnt really gel, which there are multiple cases of those on pretty much every team on sports. But since its TO, its publicized.

okay :rolleyes

O-Factor
07-30-2008, 10:27 AM

You cannot compare his tenure in S.F. and Philly to his tenure in Dallas. His teammates in Dallas love the guy. He has a great relationship with the Garrett and Phillips. He spends alot of time mentoring the young WRs and CBs and has a great relationship with his QB and doesn't think he's gay. He also has a good relationship Witten, Barber and O-Line.

The accidental overdose? How is that being an asshole or bad teammate. Did he offend anyone or look selfish. That is ESPN overcoverage indicating he attempted suicide before they had any facts.

And Parcells irked on Owens from the get go by refering to him as "the player". Never ever as Terrell. Remember Parcells has quite the ego himself. What do you think T.O. in SF or Philly would of done? He would of acted quite differently. But since he has been in Dallas he has been great and has brought on NOTHING negative to himself comprable to his stays in SF and Philly.

monosylab1k
07-30-2008, 10:29 AM

That whole OD incident would have been a complete non-story if it wasn't for that one crazy bitch who called the ambulance, talked to the police, and made it a story. And then she made everything all better with a "TO has 30 million reasons to live" or whatever. And it's not like he got drunk and cried about wanting to kill himself on SpursTalk.

Also not once did TO every say anything about Parcells while they worked together. Parcells was the one who wouldn't talk to him, tried to minimize TO's impact on the field, and refused to call him by name during their entire time together.

stretch
07-30-2008, 10:29 AM
I think we forget that this is peewee that we are arguing with. Doesnt know what the hell he is talking about as usual... :rolleyes

peewee's lovechild
07-30-2008, 10:31 AM
You cannot compare his tenure in S.F. and Philly to his tenure in Dallas. His teammates in Dallas love the guy. He has a great relationship with the Garrett and Phillips. He spends alot of time mentoring the young WRs and CBs and has a great relationship with his QB, Witten, and O-Line.

The accidental overdose? How is that being an asshole or bad teammate. Did he offend anyone or look selfish. That is ESPN overcoverage indicating he attempted suicide before they had any facts.

And Parcells irked on Owens from the get go by refering to him as "the player". Never ever as Terrell. Remember Parcells has quite the ego himself. What do you think T.O. in SF or Philly would of done? He would of acted quite differently. But since he has been in Dallas he has been great.

Are you two retarded, or just don't have any reading comprehension?

I never said that he was an asshole about that.

I just said he brings attention to himself.

I defy you to say that he wasn't bringing attention to himself about any of those things. Go ahead. Say it. Defend him.

The truth is looking at you in the face. I have no doubt that he is a good person. But, he also has a side of him that loves to be in the spotlight for some reason or another.

AND, HE BRINGS IT ALL ON HIMSELF!!!!

peewee's lovechild
07-30-2008, 10:32 AM
I think we forget that this is peewee that we are arguing with. Doesnt know what the hell he is talking about as usual... :rolleyes

Read.

Read, pendedjo.

Learn to fucking read.

stretch
07-30-2008, 10:32 AM

I defy you to say that he wasn't bringing attention to himself about any of those things. Go ahead. Say it. Defend him.

The truth is looking at you in the face. I have no doubt that he is a good person. But, he also has a side of him that loves to be in the spotlight for some reason or another.

lol exploited

stretch
07-30-2008, 10:33 AM
Read.

Read, pendedjo.

Learn to fucking read.

lol exploited further

peewee's lovechild
07-30-2008, 10:34 AM
All right.

You win.

T.O. is a model football player.

He's picked on by the media.

It's all the media's fault.

He's an excellent role model.

GMs everywhere want their players to be just like him.

monosylab1k
Read.

Read, pendedjo.

Learn to fucking read.

you said "he continues his TO antics" but cite things that happened 2 years ago as evidence.

learn to fucking write.

monosylab1k

I'm sure GM's would love every player on their team to be the second best in the NFL at their position.

stretch
All right.

You win.

T.O. is a model football player.

He's picked on by the media.

It's all the media's fault.

He's an excellent role model.

thanks for the blow job bitch

J.T.
07-30-2008, 10:37 AM
And it's not like he got drunk and cried about wanting to kill himself on SpursTalk.

When did TSA do that?

monosylab1k
07-30-2008, 10:38 AM

IThe truth is looking at you in the face. I have no doubt that he is a good person. But, he also has a side of him that loves to be in the spotlight for some reason or another.

Peyton Manning is guilty of those things as well. He's the biggest attention whore in the NFL AND he's thrown teammates under the bus multiple times.

But nobody thinks of Peyton Manning as a big team cancer like they do with TO.

monosylab1k
07-30-2008, 10:40 AM
When did TSA do that?

:lol dunno but peewee's drunken suicide rant was some funny shit. one of the only times I've ever enjoyed reading The Quattro.

O-Factor
07-30-2008, 10:50 AM

If he would of continued "T.O. shenanigans", as you say he has been, the I would of been one of the first Cowboy fans wanting him to get the fuck out!

So he loves the spotlight, big fucking deal. How does loving the spotlight warrant bringing unfair criticism to him during his Dallas tenure as some media types continue to do. That's why this article was a great read, because it recognized that.

The media has quite a hard on for T.O. because of his past. He was a bad teammate back then. So you are always going to see him on SportsCenter. That doesn't mean he's necessarily pulling any bullshit antics. I hate the way ESPN will cut to a commercial break and say something along the lines of "...and when we come back. T.O. unhappy in Dallas? Story next". Then it turns out to be nothing of the sort, just a way to get people to stay watching during commercials in hopes of seeing another "T.O. diatribe".

And I will defy you claim that he wanted to just bringing attention upon himself during his accidental overdose. Come on.

J.T.
07-30-2008, 10:51 AM
Peyton Manning is guilty of those things as well. He's the biggest attention whore in the NFL AND he's thrown teammates under the bus multiple times.

Peyton Manning attention whores by making commercials for Sprint, MasterCard, DirecTV, Sony, DELL, Abercrombie, Burger King, Wal Mart, The Martha Stewart Collection: Available Exclusively at Target, Huggies, Marlboro Reds, Yankee Candles, Playboy, and Hungry Man TV Dinners (Available in Your Grocer's Frozen Food Section!), not by getting in front of the camera so people see his face. People see his face 9001 times during any NFL game, doesn't even have to be the Colts playing.

ATRAIN
07-30-2008, 10:54 AM
:lol dunno but peewee's drunken suicide rant was some funny shit. one of the only times I've ever enjoyed reading The Quattro.

Was that the same night he threatened to kill Filmoe?

stretch
07-30-2008, 10:55 AM
Was that the same night he threatened to kill Filmoe?

LOL i am missing out on quite a bit, eh? suicide rants? threats?

wow peewee is even more of a tool than i first thought...

ATRAIN
07-30-2008, 10:56 AM
If he would of continued "T.O. shenanigans", as you say he has been, the I would of been one of the first Cowboy fans wanting him to get the fuck out!

BULLSHIT you ride the jock of every cowboy as long as they are a cowboy no matter what they do.

ATRAIN
07-30-2008, 10:57 AM
Peyton Manning attention whores by making commercials for Sprint, MasterCard, DirecTV, Sony, DELL, Abercrombie, Burger King, Wal Mart, The Martha Stewart Collection: Available Exclusively at Target, Huggies, Marlboro Reds, Yankee Candles, Playboy, and Hungry Man TV Dinners (Available in Your Grocer's Frozen Food Section!), not by getting in front of the camera so people see his face. People see his face 9001 times during any NFL game, doesn't even have to be the Colts playing.

Fucking attention whore Manning!!

J.T.
07-30-2008, 10:58 AM
I am watching an illegally downloaded copy of The Love Guru, and out of nowhere this advertisement pops up in my media player with Peyton Manning and T.O., playing a very bad version of the good cop, bad cop routine, telling me that basically me downloading this one movie illegally is the sole cause of all the shit going on in Darfur right now.

J.T.
07-30-2008, 11:02 AM
I think I left out Gatorade in my list of Manning endorsements. Any others I forgot?

ATRAIN
07-30-2008, 11:07 AM
I think I left out Gatorade in my list of Manning endorsements. Any others I forgot?

ESPN, didnt him and Eli do one together?

Evan
07-30-2008, 11:17 AM
Another reason why their America's team...

haters are as obsessed with the Cowboys as much as fans.

Whisky Dog
07-30-2008, 11:20 AM
I don't think thats what bothers him. Its that there are far worse things that other people do, that these critics dont care about, yet the second he does anything that is the SLIGHTEST bit controversial (such as jokingly wearing a lance armstrong suit to practice) then suddenly he is bashed on for being the worst human being alive. Its bullshit.

And fact is, people bash on him for being such a terrible teammate, calling him overrated, whatever... why is it that every where he goes, the QB that is throwing to him always has incredibly impressive seasons and the offense improves exponentially? Obviously he is bringing more to the table that people realize, and no one will really understand until he actually is present.

That's the point. If he truly was "TO", the guy who is going to play his ass off but lives on the edge, does edgy stuff, and doesn't give a shit what anyone thinks of him - then it wouldn't matter what anyone says. Critics, media, whoever. The only thing that would matter is his teammates, coaches, family, and friends. If he was really "TO" then none of that criticism would bother him at all.

It appears as though this isn't the case, and according to the article he is living a two faced life where he is this sensitive guy who puts on a giant "TO" mask and gets his feelings hurt with what the media portrays. People get into trouble when they don't be themselves and instead hide behind a social mask or persona. If he was truly "TO" he wouldn't care what anyone thought and would be happy, and if he would just go with the real Terrell Owens he wouldn't have been drawing so much attention to himself with goofy antics. He'd be much more reserved and cautious socially.

ATRAIN
07-30-2008, 11:27 AM
Another reason why their America's team...

haters are as obsessed with the Cowboys as much as fans.

Well I think the TO haters have been around since his 49er days, but you might be right. It might be worse now that he is a cowboy.

One of my favorite TO moments

http://thumbnail.search.aolcdn.com/vsthumb6/tn/A0/53/A0537B4252076F01318833.jpg

O-Factor
07-30-2008, 11:33 AM
BULLSHIT you ride the jock of every cowboy as long as they are a cowboy no matter what they do.

You are seriously misinformed. Im consider myself a huge fan, but a huge critic as well.

stretch
07-30-2008, 11:35 AM
He'd be much more reserved and cautious socially.

and he has been for a couple years now. so i dont see what more people could ask of him.

ATRAIN
07-30-2008, 11:35 AM
You are seriously misinformed. Im consider myself a huge fan, but a huge critic as well.

Don't try and save face, I know how you are. Your not fooling me.

O-Factor
07-30-2008, 11:39 AM
Don't try and save face, I know how you are. Your not fooling me.

I would be a huge critic of T.O. if he pulled some shit. And have countless times criticized the boys, especially after losses. But go ahead and try to lie about me. At least I don't lie to myself and say the texans will go 11-5, make playoffs and maybel Jacksonville will beat them once.

ATRAIN
07-30-2008, 11:44 AM
I would be a huge critic of T.O. if he pulled some shit. And have countless times criticized the boys, especially after losses. But go ahead and try to lie about me. At least I don't lie to myself and say the texans will go 11-5, make playoffs and maybel Jacksonville will beat them once.

I dont need to lie about you. Its all the truth. Ha just like you to bring up the Texans when this is a TO discussion thread. Nice try but..FAIL!!

Evan
07-30-2008, 11:45 AM
Well I think the TO haters have been around since his 49er days, but you might be right. It might be worse now that he is a cowboy.

One of my favorite TO moments

http://thumbnail.search.aolcdn.com/vsthumb6/tn/A0/53/A0537B4252076F01318833.jpg

ther's always a reason to talk about them :music

That moment was a great moment in Cowboy history...it adds to their wild story.

I love the Cowboy hate...makes it fun to be a fan of them. At least people are talking about them. It would suck to be a Bills fan.

O-Factor
07-30-2008, 11:48 AM
I dont need to lie about you. Its all the truth. Ha just like you to bring up the Texans when this is a TO discussion thread. Nice try but..FAIL!!

Fail? Is that all you have to say. Just like you to poke your nose in all topics Cowboys, talk weak shit, then say "why do you have to bring the texans in it , wah, wah, wah.

You sure do love the Cowboy cock don't you?

Whisky Dog
07-30-2008, 11:48 AM
and he has been for a couple years now. so i dont see what more people could ask of him.

But he wasn't before the last year or two.

If this is a situation where he underwent a personality change over the last couple of years, then he still needs to understand that his past decisions are still going to be a factor in how people perceive him.

The best thing to do is realize that he cannot control how other people perceive him and just focus on being who he wants to be. Let people say what they want and put no stock in it.

ATRAIN
07-30-2008, 11:51 AM
Fail? Is that all you have to say. Just like you to poke your nose in all topics Cowboys, talk weak shit, then say "why do you have to bring the texans in it , wah, wah, wah.

You sure do love the Cowboy cock don't you?

Yeah im saying that your escape at trying to save face at the truth im exposing about you by trying to drag the Texans into a TO topic. Poke my nose in all topics Cowboys? If he had played his whole career in Dallas then maybe your comment would hold water, but we are discussing his career. Keep trying to keep up, its making me smile.

Evan
07-30-2008, 11:52 AM
If this is a situation where he underwent a personality change over the last couple of years, then he still needs to understand that his past decisions are still going to be a factor in how people perceive him.

The best thing to do is realize that he cannot control how other people perceive him and just focus on being who he wants to be. Let people say what they want and put no stock in it.

He has addressed this and agrees with everything you said. He said the only way he can change minds is do what he's doing right now and maybe one day he will be in the cowboys ring of honor.

O-Factor
07-30-2008, 11:59 AM
Yeah im saying that your escape at trying to save face at the truth im exposing about you by trying to drag the Texans into a TO topic. Poke my nose in all topics Cowboys? If he had played his whole career in Dallas then maybe your comment would hold water, but we are discussing his career. Keep trying to keep up, its making me smile.

Ahh yeah, play with the balls now.

O-Factor
07-30-2008, 12:02 PM

HA,
You are one of the biggest, most pathetic Cowboys bashers on this board. Im not just talking about this thread. Hell, even in the Club, you talk shit about the Cowboys, its all you think about, its all you love. Its all the jealousy built up. Its comical. Come on, man up and admit it.

ATRAIN
07-30-2008, 12:03 PM
Ahh yeah, play with the balls now.

Ha yeah just as I thought.

ATRAIN
07-30-2008, 12:08 PM
HA,
You are one of the biggest, most pathetic Cowboys bashers on this board. Im not just talking about this thread. Hell, even in the Club, you talk shit about the Cowboys, its all you think about, its all you love. Its all the jealousy built up. Its comical. Come on, man up and admit it.

I do it because its funny to see you and some of other cowboys fans on this board who think its funny to go in and bash the other teams. I really don't care about or really hate the cowboys although listening to you talk about the cowboys is enough for anyone to hate them. Even in the club? I only know of 1 time and again it was to either get under your skin or pee wee's. Im glad you 2 are cowboy fans and not fans of a team that I like or else I might have to stop watching the NFL all together. If you notice I havent even been in your little cowboys off season thread, check for yourself.

ATRAIN
07-30-2008, 12:13 PM
ther's always a reason to talk about them :music

That moment was a great moment in Cowboy history...it adds to their wild story.

I love the Cowboy hate...makes it fun to be a fan of them. At least people are talking about them. It would suck to be a Bills fan.

That was a great moment in football history. I remember watching that game and when he did that I was thinking holy shit wtf. The funny part is when he tried it a second time and I forget who it was (Roy Williams) ran after him and pushed him out.

Evan
07-30-2008, 12:15 PM
That was a great moment in football history. I remember watching that game and when he did that I was thinking holy shit wtf. The funny part is when he tried it a second time and I forget who it was (Roy Williams) ran after him and pushed him out.

George Teague!

ATRAIN
07-30-2008, 12:22 PM
I do miss the TO celebrations though, his were always entertaining. Other than the popcorn he has toned it down, I wonder if he just ran out of ideas?

Evan
07-30-2008, 12:25 PM
I do miss the TO celebrations though, his were always entertaining. Other than the popcorn he has toned it down, I wonder if he just ran out of ideas?

Perhaps he grew up a bit…who knows what happens tomorrow though.

stretch
07-30-2008, 12:35 PM
But he wasn't before the last year or two.

People were always saying "TO needs to shut up"

Okay, so now he has shut up. However they are doing whatever they can to pull something out of their ass to bash on him for. What is he supposed to do now? He simply cant win with these irrational morons.

He obviously knows he cant control what other people think. All he was doing is stating that he isn't what some people think he is, just because of a a few mistakes he made in the past (some of which were also completely overblown by the media), and hopes that people actually give him a chance. What's so wrong with that?

Spuradicator
07-30-2008, 12:48 PM
I use to hate T.O., but he has turned over a new leaf. Hell of a player.

Whisky Dog
07-30-2008, 12:49 PM
He simply cant win with these irrational morons.

He obviously knows he cant control what other people think.

Exactly.

I wasn't saying that TO did anything wrong or that he should do this or that.

All I'm saying is that the article made it sound like TO has had a big, outrageous social persona that hides his real self, and that is what can lead to problems. If he's being himself now and this is who he is then it doesn't matter what any "irrational morons" have to say. He doesn't have to "win" with them.

ATRAIN
07-30-2008, 12:59 PM
I use to hate T.O., but he has turned over a new leaf. Hell of a player.

I always liked him but gained a lot of respect for him during his SB with the Eagles. He was the only one playing hard and I wanted him to win(of course it helped they were playing the pats hahahah)

Spuradicator
07-30-2008, 01:21 PM
I always liked him but gained a lot of respect for him during his SB with the Eagles. He was the only one playing hard and I wanted him to win(of course it helped they were playing the pats hahahah)

he broke his foot 6 weeks earliar and was the only one who was playing like he gave a fuck.

ATRAIN
07-30-2008, 01:22 PM
he broke his foot 6 weeks earliar and was the only one who was playing like he gave a fuck.

and showed the world how much of a bitch Mcnabb is in the process.

O-Factor
07-30-2008, 01:48 PM
and showed the world how much of a bitch Mcnabb is in the process.

stretch
07-30-2008, 02:40 PM
i think its funny how peewee suddenly disappeared from this thread. i wonder why

J.T.
07-30-2008, 03:01 PM
i think its funny how peewee suddenly disappeared from this thread. i wonder why

Probably watching The Dark Knight for the 10th time.

Dirk Nowitzki
07-30-2008, 07:54 PM
I love Owens. Say what you want about the guys attitude and being a media whore, the son of a bitch goes all out on the field. He came back from a broken leg in which doctors didnt support yet played great. He will bring it in big games and he isnt afraid to catch a pass in the middle of the field with defenders around. He is a tough son of a bitch with heart. Owens has really grown on me especially after he stood up for Romo in last years loss to the Giants.