PDA

View Full Version : Magglio signs with Detroit?!?!

jalbre6
02-05-2005, 09:08 PM
WTF? I thought it was a done deal that he was going to the North Side. Big money...5 years, 75 million, team option for 7 years, 115 million.

2pac
02-05-2005, 10:46 PM
He clearly signed there, because winning is his first priority.

atlfan25
02-05-2005, 11:11 PM
Tigers won't be that bad of a team, last year they won 72 games. With Magglio they have a shot at the playoffs this year in that weak central division. Although i think they will probably finish second behind minnesota, you never know. Their young pitchers Maroth and Bonderman could make some serious noise especially with pudge guiding them again.

All they need is a couple more pitchers and they could not only make the playoffs, but even win a series or two. If management doesn't go cheap on them, and cares about winning, they will be quite good in a year or two.

FromWayDowntown
02-08-2005, 11:49 AM
If Magglio is healthy, the Tigers become a pretty solid club, particularly in the AL Central. They added a top-notch closer in Percival and now have Urbina to set him up, to be there just in case, or to dangle as trade bait.

Their everyday lineup has several all-star caliber players and some nice role players, too. I'd guess that it will look something like this:

1. Alex Sanchez CF
2. Fernando Vina 2B
3. Pudge Rodriguez C
4. Magglio Ordonez RF
5. Rondell White LF
6. Dimitri Young DH
7. Carlos Guillen SS
8. Carlos Pena 1B
9. Brandon Inge 3B

Solid, but not great starting pitching, a pretty nice bench with guys like Bob Higginson, Omar Infante, and Craig Monroe hanging around. It looks to me like the Tigers are okay. If they get any kind of middle relief, they'll have a good shot to see October.

T Park
02-10-2005, 05:52 PM
2. Fernando Vina 2B

whoever his backup is Id put there first ahead of him.

Fernando cant stay healthy to save his life.

Good leadoff hitter, horrible luck and health.