PDA

View Full Version : Paul Pierce:"I don't think Kobe is the best player. I'm the best player."

mistwiya
07-30-2008, 12:50 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/Paul-Pierce-says-he-s-the-best-player-in-the-wor?urn=nba,96670

TheNextGen
07-30-2008, 12:52 AM
he's a dumbass

mavs>spurs2
07-30-2008, 12:56 AM
theres already like 10 pages about this in the Spurs forum

duncan228
07-30-2008, 01:08 AM
theres already like 10 pages about this in the Spurs forum

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101869

angelbelow
07-30-2008, 01:14 AM
pierce has always been known to make cocky comments, it just never mattered before because they always lost.

dallaskd
07-30-2008, 02:32 AM
LOL. yahoo linked spursreport.

baseline bum
07-30-2008, 02:48 AM
LMAO... give LeBron KG or Ray Allen,... hell, even Rondo and see who wins that game 7.

jason1301
07-30-2008, 03:29 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/Paul-Pierce-says-he-s-the-best-player-in-the-wor?urn=nba,96670

I always liked that guy :)

He speaks half the truth; TD is the best player :toast

jacobdrj
07-30-2008, 07:03 AM
I agree with Paul Pierce. I have said he was the best for a few years now.
That team couldn't win a single game without him last year, in something like 12 tries. That is not the only reason I think this, but it typified what I had been saying before that.
He can create his own shot. He doesn't crumble in the clutch. He plays good defense 48 minutes (which is about 40 more than Kobe puts in a game, as he can never seem to keep it up for more than a minute at a time, once or twice a quarter).
I am happy for him finally getting a chance to win a title.
Only other guys in the running are Chris Paul, Kobe, and Duncan,

lefty
07-30-2008, 08:28 AM
Maybe Paul Pierce is kidding

SynicFan
07-30-2008, 08:46 AM
Kobe is the best player in the league.

Leetonidas
07-30-2008, 09:47 AM
Paul Pierce is a great player, but I don't think I've seen any "Pierce > Jordan??" topics.

jacobdrj
07-30-2008, 09:54 AM
Because he isn't.

The only reason Kobe is, well, that has to do with him playing on some great teams... with Shaq...

Kobe isn't there yet either, but he has won enough titles, and scores enough points, and had success early enough in his career, where people will go there. Personally, I think it is unfair to Kobe, and I don't like Kobe...

T-Mac gets put in that situation, barring injury, you probably get the same thing, or better.

There have been Wade/Jordan comparisons, albiet unfair and nonsensical due to the fact that they play different positions. But they were there. Guess what! He played with Shaq too! D-Wade is my 2nd favorite player in the NBA right now, but he is not the next Jordan, he is the first Wade. We should appreciate what he brings to the game (relentless attack of the rim, regardless of relitively small stature, and a knack for the clutch).

LosSpurs
07-30-2008, 12:04 PM
Let me make this very clear to all you suckas out there. Kobe is not the best player in the league. He is the best guard again the best guard. That fool was not the MVP last season. The real MVP was that faggot Gasol who came in and immediately brought offense & defense otherwise I honestly believe with Bynum hurt they could have barely made the playoffs if Gasol was not traded.

IronMexican
07-30-2008, 12:08 PM
Shout out to the site I post in :]

RsxPiimp
07-30-2008, 12:17 PM
Let me make this very clear to all you suckas out there. Kobe is not the best player in the league. He is the best guard again the best guard. That fool was not the MVP last season. The real MVP was that faggot Gasol who came in and immediately brought offense & defense otherwise I honestly believe with Bynum hurt they could have barely made the playoffs if Gasol was not traded.

ur an idiot
:bking

IronMexican
07-30-2008, 12:18 PM

:lmao Jeez, most Spur fans on this board are knowing, but You will get the occasional dumbass.

Spuradicator
07-30-2008, 12:38 PM
Well, he did out play Kobe, and beat Kobe IN THE FINALS....so I'll give him an okay for making that statement

JamStone
07-30-2008, 12:53 PM
Paul Pierce outplaying Kobe in the Finals does carry a little merit for his argument.

I think he's wrong. I still think Kobe is better than him, considering many of Kobe's teammates crapped their pants in the finals. But regardless, Pierce still outplayed Kobe.

SenorSpur
07-30-2008, 02:30 PM
While Pierce clearly outplayed Kobe in the Finals, I think somebody is still dipping into the championship champagne!

jack sommerset
07-30-2008, 02:37 PM
Pierce is not the best player on the Celtics. When Walker played for the Celtics, Walker was better. I'm just throwing a number out there.50 players in the league are better than Pierce,probably more. I think everyone now knows Pierce is a idiot.

ThunderStix®
07-30-2008, 02:42 PM
LMAO... give LeBron KG or Ray Allen,... hell, even Rondo and see who wins that game 7.

Give LeBron half the supporting cast that Boston has, and the Celtics are likely done in five, maybe six games. :lol

JamStone
07-30-2008, 02:44 PM
Pierce is not the best player on the Celtics. When Walker played for the Celtics, Walker was better. I'm just throwing a number out there.50 players in the league are better than Pierce,probably more. I think everyone now knows Pierce is a idiot.

It's opinion either way, but I disagree with both the claims in your comment. When Pierce joined the Celtics, Walker was the established star, but it didn't take too long for it to be made clear that Pierce was the #1 guy on that team. I think at some point before Walker was traded away the first time, even Walker acknowledged that the team was Paul Pierce's.

And, while Pierce is an arrogant and pompous dipshit who has gotten even more so after winning the title and Finals MVP, there's no way I would agree that there are 50 players in the league that are better than him. I've long considered him a top 20-25 player in the league. And, these past playoffs have vaulted him up higher than that, borderline a top 10 player in the league but probably closer to around top 15. Saying there are 50 players in the league better than him is being pretty extreme.

I. Hustle
07-30-2008, 02:45 PM
King James is better than both of them

King JAMES GIST that is.

TheNextGen
07-30-2008, 03:28 PM
psssh...if Kobe had Radmanovich or Walton gurading him, he'd go for 80 points a game.

ThunderStix®
07-30-2008, 03:43 PM
psssh...if Kobe had Radmanovich or Walton gurading him, he'd go for 80 points a game.

Exactly. Paul Pierce outplayed Kobe in the Finals because he had KG and Allen who were just as much of an offensive threat as he was.

Odom and Gasol couldn't handle the pressure and were nonexistent, leaving Kobe to try and do it all by himself with the whole Celtics team gaurding him. :lol

TheNextGen
07-30-2008, 03:47 PM
Exactly. Paul Pierce outplayed Kobe in the Finals because he had KG and Allen who were just as much of an offensive threat as he was.

Odom and Gasol couldn't handle the pressure and were nonexistent, leaving Kobe to try and do it all by himself with the whole Celtics team gaurding him. :lol

hell yah...kobe gets trippled teamed..passes it to Gasol to go 1v1 with garnett, and gasol does a fade away hook shot from the ft line :p:

baseline bum
07-30-2008, 03:49 PM

Not Pierce's fault that Kobe can't guard him.

baseline bum
07-30-2008, 03:50 PM

Yeah, KG was such a dominant force in that series. :lol

ThunderStix®
07-30-2008, 03:50 PM
hell yah...kobe gets trippled teamed..passes it to Gasol to go 1v1 with garnett, and gasol does a fade away hook shot from the ft line :p:

Well, when Gasol and Garnett go at it, it might as well be like this:

http://images.zwani.com/graphics/funny_pictures/images/88funny-pictures320.jpg ;) :lol

ThunderStix®
07-30-2008, 03:51 PM
Yeah, KG was such a dominant force in that series. :lol

Well, he still outplayed Gasol greatly - which isn't saying much. :lol

ThunderStix®
07-30-2008, 03:52 PM
Not Pierce's fault that Kobe can't guard him.

Kobe was gaurding Allen too.

Killakobe81
07-30-2008, 05:20 PM
This is stupid Pierce had 3 great playoff games he struggled most of ATL series and part of Cleveland series ...So is Billups and Parker better than CP3 or Dwill since they won FINALS MVP? are they even the best player on their teams?! KG may not have dominated ..but for Spur or Pistons fans to dinminish what having a dominant inside defensive presence on defense means to a series means you dont understand your own teams ...with Duncan doing what KG did this year spurs got their 4th title parker got the award ...Billups hit big shots but it was Pierce an Wallace shutting down the Lakers

ThunderStix®
07-30-2008, 05:24 PM
This is stupid Pierce had 3 great playoff games he struggled most of ATL series and part of Cleveland series ...So is Billups and Parker better than CP3 or Dwill since they won FINALS MVP? are they even the best player on their teams?! KG may not have dominated ..but for Spur or Pistons fans to dinminish what having a dominant inside defensive presence on defense means to a series means you dont understand your own teams ...with Duncan doing what KG did this year spurs got their 4th title parker got the award ...Billups hit big shots but it was Pierce an Wallace shutting down the Lakers

The Pistons had Paul Pierce in 03-04? No wonder Detroit beat the Lakers in five games. :wow

Just kidding, I know you meant Prince. :lol

And I get what you're saying.

IronMexican
07-30-2008, 05:24 PM
All my points in the other thread on this

You know LeBron did nothing in that series till like the last 2 games?

LeBron might finally become the greatest player in the league this year though.

but LeBron did not do it by himself, he was shooting in the teens at one point that series.

One would actually make that case, that is Lebron played mediocore, the Cavs would have won.

Sometimes You don't have a team to make better.

Suddenly Kobe is a team player, now that he has the team to be that.

It's all about the people around you.

icem
07-30-2008, 05:25 PM
Kobe was gaurding Allen too.

and allen had his best series of the playoffs.....

TheNextGen
07-30-2008, 05:28 PM

wonder how much points he scored over Kobe vs Sasha

Red Hawk #21
07-30-2008, 05:31 PM
And Paul Pierce calls himself "the truth" lol

icem
07-30-2008, 05:34 PM
wonder how much points he scored over Kobe vs Sasha

ray was wetting kobe's head with 3s the whole series...

but basically, whoever kobe was guarding was going off on him.

pierce can say whatever he wants IMO. i mean, what evidence is there that kobe is a better all around player than pierce ? sure hes a great scorer, but what about the rest of his game ? kobe may be better but its a slim margin. hell, kobe still hasn't done anything without shaq.

pierce won a title with a "soft" big man like KG.

TheNextGen
07-30-2008, 05:50 PM
ray was wetting kobe's head with 3s the whole series...

but basically, whoever kobe was guarding was going off on him.

pierce can say whatever he wants IMO. i mean, what evidence is there that kobe is a better all around player than pierce ? sure hes a great scorer, but what about the rest of his game ? kobe may be better but its a slim margin. hell, kobe still hasn't done anything without shaq.

pierce won a title with a "soft" big man like KG.

WOW! you actually believe Paul Pierce.

:lol:rollin:rollin:lol

ThunderStix®
07-30-2008, 05:59 PM

My point was that Kobe was having to switch players because Radmanovic couldn't guard Pierce to save his life.

Basically, he was guarding two players the entire series. And then on the other end, he was being doubled up because Gasol and Odom were non factors while Pierce could do whatever he wanted because the Lakers had to tend to KG and Allen also.

Kobe was asked to be the Lakers offense as well as their defense, and that's not easy to do no matter who you are.

BLACKMAMBA24
07-30-2008, 06:11 PM
One and Done

icem
07-30-2008, 06:28 PM
My point was that Kobe was having to switch players because Radmanovic couldn't guard Pierce to save his life.

Basically, he was guarding two players the entire series. And then on the other end, he was being doubled up because Gasol and Odom were non factors while Pierce could do whatever he wanted because the Lakers had to tend to KG and Allen also.

Kobe was asked to be the Lakers offense as well as their defense, and that's not easy to do no matter who you are.

apparently, kobe couldn't guard to save his life either.... lol @ guarding two players. he only guarded one at a time, just like everyone else.

gasol and odom weren't factors ??? kobe was the one with low FG %.

gasol was shooting 53% from the field.... maybe they should have gave him the ball more ?

odom was 51% from the field.....

kobe....... 40%....hmmmmm

maybe he should have stopped jacking up shots and let others go to work.

kobe is a great scorer, the best in the world, but all around i think there are others who i would rather have.

ThunderStix®
07-30-2008, 06:53 PM
apparently, kobe couldn't guard to save his life either.... lol @ guarding two players. he only guarded one at a time, just like everyone else.

gasol and odom weren't factors ??? kobe was the one with low FG %.

gasol was shooting 53% from the field.... maybe they should have gave him the ball more ?

odom was 51% from the field.....

kobe....... 40%....hmmmmm

maybe he should have stopped jacking up shots and let others go to work.

kobe is a great scorer, the best in the world, but all around i think there are others who i would rather have.

Well, at the end of the day, Kobe Bryant is a better player than Paul Pierce and I'd rather have him on my team.

You're probably saying all of these negetive things about Kobe because he's on the Lakers and you're tired of hearing about how great he is after the Lakers beat the Spurs. And there is nothing wrong with that, people tend to say crazy things like Kobe > MJ and it gets annoying after a while. I'm not trying to insult you BTW.

LeBron James is the best player in the league in my opinion.

renba22
07-30-2008, 07:21 PM
thi is just trash...now that he got garnett and allen and won a championship he thinks he is GOD!!!...Kobe went to the playoffs two times with players like turiaf, walton, Brown....What the hell did he do with west and wally??....plain and simple...they were just bad!

icem
07-31-2008, 05:13 AM
thi is just trash...now that he got garnett and allen and won a championship he thinks he is GOD!!!...Kobe went to the playoffs two times with players like turiaf, walton, Brown....What the hell did he do with west and wally??....plain and simple...they were just bad!

he went to the ECF with antoine walker.....

KidCongo
07-31-2008, 06:56 AM

Yes Lakers defense sucked.

pauls931
07-31-2008, 10:15 AM

I completely disagree, the best thing that happened to the Celtics was trading away ball hogging employee #8.

Ill Cosby
08-01-2008, 08:06 AM

Pierce is a lil gassed after the 'chip, but....

http://hypebeast.com/image/2008/06/bodega-no-means-no-t-shirt.jpg