PDA

View Full Version : spurs shoulda traded manu

mrspurs
07-30-2008, 07:04 AM
while he was worth something.....now we are stuck in this soup we made, and other then tp and td, there is noone on our squad that has value.....to late to trade manu now, his value has gone way down in just 2 seasons....this current roster isnt getting better with the youth we have added now or in a season or two......its gonna suck when the attendence goes down and the spurs become just another golden state, and or clipperville.(we dont run n gun so watching us get whipped and only score 70 points will send most fans running).......ive lived thru these days before, and these days are nearer then most think, or have the balls to say....it aint easy getting old, watching the kids get bigger and smarter, and the scary part is most of these new kids have no respect for anything much less their elders........as the economy goes down the spurs will follow....while teams like LA and boston just do as they please....

Guajalote
07-30-2008, 07:24 AM
while he was worth something.....now we are stuck in this soup we made, and other then tp and td, there is noone on our squad that has value.....to late to trade manu now, his value has gone way down in just 2 seasons....this current roster isnt getting better with the youth we have added now or in a season or two......its gonna suck when the attendence goes down and the spurs become just another golden state, and or clipperville.(we dont run n gun so watching us get whipped and only score 70 points will send most fans running).......ive lived thru these days before, and these days are nearer then most think, or have the balls to say....it aint easy getting old, watching the kids get bigger and smarter, and the scary part is most of these new kids have no respect for anything much less their elders........as the economy goes down the spurs will follow....while teams like LA and boston just do as they please....

I'd argue the opposite. He did just win the 6th man award this past year, and other than getting a bum ankle at the worst possible time, he was a huge part of our team's success. Basically, how Manu went, the Spurs went.

I also am going to reserve judgement on the youth infusion until I see how they perform during the preseason and into the regular season.

I don't share your opinion about the Spurs and the economy. First, there haven't been any first tier players who have signed in Europe, and the jury is still out on whether Childress is second or third tier. Second, as long as the big three are in place, the Spurs just need to continue adding young role players with the lowering value of the dollar, rather than having to add a major piece. That, it turns out, comes in 2010, which the Spurs are in great position for with careful work being done handing out contracts.

Keep your chins up Spurs fans, and watch the ball this year. :lobt2:

mrspurs
07-30-2008, 08:06 AM
well said...my whole point is manu is still good enough to trade for his value...look around the league its gonna alot better, since the last allstar break. if we want to compete and grab trophys while timmy is around, we best get better real soon, cos timmys days are numbered....the FO has to know the lakers beat us without bynum, if its luck your putting your money on then its to much of a gamble for me...i want to see our spurs continue to win with or without a trophy, ive seen the summer league games and what few the rocky revue had...them boys we just picked up aint ready, some of them never will be..thanks for your solid reply and not just a dump remark

SynicFan
07-30-2008, 08:16 AM
The Spurs have had a great run...
no one can dispute that.
from Robinson to Duncan...its been consistent winning...
I give them props for being so good for so long...
and THEY'RE STILL REAL GOOD NOW....
but the ship is showing some cracks.
will they need another major injury,
like the one that landed them Duncan, to stay on top????

Guajalote
07-30-2008, 09:02 AM
The Spurs have had a great run...
no one can dispute that.
from Robinson to Duncan...its been consistent winning...
I give them props for being so good for so long...
and THEY'RE STILL REAL GOOD NOW....
but the ship is showing some cracks.
will they need another major injury,
like the one that landed them Duncan, to stay on top????

Allow me to paraphrase your former coach... Never underestimate the heart of a champion.

The Spurs have too many pieces for one major injury to get them into the lottery. If any one of the big three were to go down, the team would still be good enough to either squeak into the playoffs or come close.

Even the Rockets were competitive after Yao went down.

I'd say that the jury is still out on the youth infusion, but I for one am pretty excited to see how they play and grow with the big three. You have to admit, they make pretty good mentors.

Guajalote
07-30-2008, 09:07 AM
well said...my whole point is manu is still good enough to trade for his value...look around the league its gonna alot better, since the last allstar break. if we want to compete and grab trophys while timmy is around, we best get better real soon, cos timmys days are numbered....the FO has to know the lakers beat us without bynum, if its luck your putting your money on then its to much of a gamble for me...i want to see our spurs continue to win with or without a trophy, ive seen the summer league games and what few the rocky revue had...them boys we just picked up aint ready, some of them never will be..thanks for your solid reply and not just a dump remark

Always glad to debate. :downspin:

I think that last year we were only Manu's bum ankle away (and an extra day or two between games) from making the Finals. I think that by throwing these guys in with the big three, they can get baptized by fire and get the help and experience they need to help our team's legs and endurance. I think it's reasonable to expect at least comparable production from them (Gist and Mason especially) that we had from Finley, Barry, and Horry last year.

I'm not suggesting that we're going to stand pat, but I think that just by adding young legs to the mix, we're putting ourselves in contention to win over the next two years until 2010 when we get tons of cap space to go after a big prize. I think that our arguement will be: Would you like to come play next to Manu, Tim, and Tony? :toast

SynicFan
07-30-2008, 09:21 AM
I'd say that the jury is still out on the youth infusion, but I for one am pretty excited to see how they play and grow with the big three. You have to admit, they make pretty good mentors.

I've already said my good thing about the spurs for the day... :p:

GO ROCKETS! :spin

Guajalote
07-30-2008, 12:56 PM
I've already said my good thing about the spurs for the day... :p:

GO ROCKETS! :spin

You could have waited about 13-14 more hours to reply to my post, then you would have officially been able to say another good thing about the Spurs. :lol

oligarchy
07-30-2008, 01:09 PM
http://www.v8guy.com/humor/English_Motherfvcker_Do_You_Speak_It.jpg

I. Hustle
07-30-2008, 01:35 PM
I say trade Manu mid-season to Detroit for ‘Sheed then get him back the following season. Don’t tell me it’s not possible. I seem to remember one beloved Spur being traded for a Detroit bad boy only to be brought back the following season. Then we had the best of both worlds.

That was a joke by the way.

mrspurs
07-30-2008, 04:45 PM
http://www.v8guy.com/humor/English_Motherfvcker_Do_You_Speak_It.jpg

here is that dummy with his dumb remark....you come out sooner or later, just remember when your drowning and need a floating device and im holding it.........im gonna say, nah your to dumb, say something smart and maybe you live

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-30-2008, 04:53 PM
And you didn't think that any other team knew that it was very possible that Manu's stock can drop like it did? There wasn't any known interest in trading for Manu in a long time anyways.

pauls931
07-31-2008, 10:16 AM
We'll give you barbosa for him.

Tully365
07-31-2008, 12:22 PM
Manu had his best season last year. He finished in the top 10 for MVP. Do you seriously think about giving your kids up for adoption if they bring home a bad report card or have a poor day (with an injured ankle) at Little League? Why trade a career-long winner?

I. Hustle
07-31-2008, 12:33 PM
Manu had his best season last year. He finished in the top 10 for MVP. Do you seriously think about giving your kids up for adoption if they bring home a bad report card or have a poor day (with an injured ankle) at Little League? Why trade a career-long winner?

I would definately put em up for adoption. They better never lose!

mrspurs
07-31-2008, 12:49 PM

you must be missing some brains........what does a kids report card have todo with making the spurs contenders now and the future......your dumb

mrspurs
07-31-2008, 12:50 PM
I would definately put em up for adoption. They better never lose!

your another dummy

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-31-2008, 12:53 PM
Coming from the guy who doesn't know the proper use of periods. :lol

samikeyp
07-31-2008, 01:16 PM
your another dummy

pauls931
07-31-2008, 01:20 PM
Coming from the guy who doesn't know the proper use of periods. :lol

Real men don't have nor use periods

weebo
07-31-2008, 01:20 PM

Does every post/thread you make have to be negative?:rolleyes

Seriously, all your post depress the hell outta me.:(

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-31-2008, 01:23 PM
Real men don't have nor use periods

:lol

DANILO DRASKOVIC
07-31-2008, 04:25 PM
yes
Trade him to the hornets for Rasual Butler

Tully365
07-31-2008, 04:42 PM
you must be missing some brains........what does a kids report card have todo with making the spurs contenders now and the future......your dumb

First of all, it's "you're dumb."

"Your dumb" would imply you owned or were associated with something named dumb. For example, if your girlfriend's nickname was "dumb," I could write, "Hey, I just saw your Dumb walking down the street. She was with another guy and they were all over one another."

Also, "todo" is not a word. Why don't you learnhow to writeyour native language before insulting other people, 'cause otherwise you look pretty stupid.

I. Hustle
07-31-2008, 04:50 PM
:lol I lost my dumb can I have your dumb?