PDA

View Full Version : Glenn to sign with Dolphins...

yavozerb
07-30-2008, 07:10 AM
FORT WORTH, TEXAS (TICKER) —Terry Glenn apparently won’t be out of a job for long.

Glenn is expected to sign with the Miami Dolphins in the next few days, according to a report in Tuesday’s Star-Telegram.

Citing two sources, the newspaper said Glenn will be reunited with Dolphins vice president for football operations Bill Parcells, for whom he played in Dallas and New England.

Glenn was waived by the Cowboys on Friday amid reports that he had agreed to a split contract in which he would not receive his base salary of $1.7 million if he re-injured his twice-surgically repaired right knee.

The Cowboys and Glenn had been haggling for months over a $500,000 injury waiver - one owner and general manager Jerry Jones deemed necessary after the 34-year-old receiver missed all but one game last season while rehabbing the knee. .

Jones did not rule out a return for Glenn in Dallas, but that appears increasingly unlikely.

Two surgeries on his right knee sidelined Glenn until the regular-season finale last season. He caught a pair of passes in the Cowboys’ divisional playoff loss to the New York Giants.

Glenn, who was acquired from Green Bay in 2003 for a sixth-round pick, posted consecutive 1,000-yard seasons with Dallas before the injury. The seventh overall pick of the New England Patriots in 1996, Glenn has accumulated 593 catches for 8,823 yards and 44 touchdowns in 137 games with the Patriots, Packers and Cowboys.

Yahoo sports.

dougp
07-30-2008, 08:05 AM
Great, they should have fuckin signed his ass and then dropped him in a trade. Wonder what we'll do to recover.

Whisky Dog
07-30-2008, 08:13 AM
Recover from what? Glenn has a bum knee and was reportedly not even in shape to report to camp anyway.

Everyone thinks receiver will be a big problem for the Cowboys, but I don't see it. TO's the #1, Whitten is basically the #2 receiver (even as a TE), Crayton #3, and Hurd/Miles/Stanback/Jefferson should be enough to fill out the last couple of spots.

The problem for the Cowboys will be keeping their heads, not choking, and Garrett growing up as an OC and learning to make adjustments when defenses adjust to you. The offense scored 32 ppg for the 1st 4 games last year but only 12 ppg over the last 3. Some of that was the injury to TO and basically giving away the last game as a meaningless game, but a lot of it was Garrett not adjusting to the defenses... especially in the playoff loss.

As for Glenn and the Dolphins - did anyone not see this coming?

peewee's lovechild
07-30-2008, 08:33 AM
Great, they should have fuckin signed his ass and then dropped him in a trade. Wonder what we'll do to recover.

What are you so worried about?

Did you even pay attention to last season at all??

We had a great season without him last year and we will have an even better one this year.

Patrick Crayton is a good #2 option. Miles Austin and Sam Hurd will step it up this year. And, Stanback might surprise everyone this year as well.

We don't need Terry Glenn's wasted knees around here.

LocosPorJuana
07-30-2008, 10:12 AM
lol, I think enigma was just being funny with the how do we recover comment. I hate it when new personel comes in and they bring way too many of their guys. But wow, the tuna and glenn have come a long way from the "she" days. Tuna is like the first sergeant in the film, the thin red line....." I might be your best friend, and you don't even know it."

O-Factor
07-30-2008, 10:55 AM
Screw Glenn, he had an opportunity to stay with Dallas had he signed the waiver way back when. He was just more interested in money, like the 5 million he got paid last year for 4 plays.

He's probably done anyway.

jack sommerset
07-30-2008, 12:01 PM
Screw Glenn, he had an opportunity to stay with Dallas had he signed the waiver way back when. He was just more interested in money, like the 5 million he got paid last year for 4 plays.

He's probably done anyway.

Like it is his fault he got injuried last year. 5 million last year compared to 1.7 million his CONTRACT said he would get this year was a pay cut! But as we know contracts mean shit in the NFL, Jones wanted him to sign a waiver stating if he gets injuried again he only gets $500,000. Thats fair. NOT! Good for Glenn sticking to his guns.

Taco
07-30-2008, 12:44 PM
Good For Him / "she"

I Hope He Does Well

dallaskd
07-30-2008, 12:47 PM
Crayton and Hurd can get it done. We always have Witten too. All this means is more fantasy points for T.O. Fuck Glenn he had his chance here. We don't need him.

jack sommerset
07-30-2008, 05:20 PM
Crayton and Hurd can get it done. We always have Witten too. All this means is more fantasy points for T.O. Fuck Glenn he had his chance here. We don't need him.

When T.O and Glenn played together before the injury Glenn arguably did better. And why all the fuck Glenn.. Fuck Jones for fucking over Glenn. He had a contract and Cowboys need WR's. Duh. Glenn is a legit 2nd Wide out and 1.7 is nothing!

peewee's lovechild
07-30-2008, 05:37 PM
When T.O and Glenn played together before the injury Glenn arguably did better. And why all the fuck Glenn.. Fuck Jones for fucking over Glenn. He had a contract and Cowboys need WR's. Duh. Glenn is a legit 2nd Wide out and 1.7 is nothing!

I don't want my team paying millions of dollars for someone to play only one game a season.

We wasted money on him last year.
I don't want to repeat that.

Fuck Glenn.

Dirk Nowitzki
07-30-2008, 07:22 PM
I am indifferent towards cutting ties with Glenn. We already have a #1 in Owens ,#2 in Witten, and #3 wr in Crayton. The offense is fine but it wont be what will take this team to the next level. It is the D that will be the result on how the Cowboys do this season. They have the talent and depth to be a top notch D. Forcing a ton of 3 and outs,turnovers,points off turnovers, constant pressure, etc etc.

MajorMike
07-30-2008, 07:32 PM
Seriously... can you cowgirl fans honestly say you give a rats patootie about Glenn?

Oh and if you think Crayton is a true #3 on any other NFL team (ok playoff team, I'm sure he could be a #3 in Oakland or Miami) you are smokin' crack.

Dirk Nowitzki
07-30-2008, 07:48 PM
Seriously... can you cowgirl fans honestly say you give a rats patootie about Glenn?

Yes we can. Glenn is old,injury prone, and not good enough to be a huge contributor like he used to be. They had a great season without him. A healthy Glenn wasnt going to stop the Giants front 7. Cowboys will be fine without him.

Oh and if you think Crayton is a true #3 on any other NFL team (ok playoff team, I'm sure he could be a #3 in Oakland or Miami) you are smokin' crack.

Crayton showed flashes but it's not just him. I just threw his name out there. It's Crayton/Hurt/Austin/Steinbeck altering as the 3 and 4 guys which is good enough for this offense. I dont care if Crayton is a true #3 on another team. I only care if he is good enough to play that role at times with the Cowboys.

jack sommerset
07-30-2008, 08:40 PM
I don't want my team paying millions of dollars for someone to play only one game a season.

We wasted money on him last year.
I don't want to repeat that.

Fuck Glenn.

Millions yes. 5 to be exact last year, even though it was not his fault he was hurt. This year would only 1.7 mil. Jones can afford that. They need a proven 2nd. T.O has been known lately for injuries to.If he goes down,,,,,yikes!

I'm not being a dick pee wee, its not ur money. Contracts mean shit, they are paying Glenn far less then last year. If he does not perform this year bench him and go with what you think you have in Crayton and Hurd. Its worth the risk.And God Forbid the NFL actually honors a contract.

Sense
07-30-2008, 11:56 PM
I loved watching Glenn play, he was one of my favorite players...

oh well...

Spurtacus
07-31-2008, 12:50 AM
Wasn't hard to see this coming. Parcells really likes her.

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-31-2008, 10:53 PM

Yeah, how are the Cowboys ever going to make up for the fact they just lost a gimpy WR that played in ONE game last year? :rolleyes

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-31-2008, 10:54 PM
Like it is his fault he got injuried last year. 5 million last year compared to 1.7 million his CONTRACT said he would get this year was a pay cut! But as we know contracts mean shit in the NFL, Jones wanted him to sign a waiver stating if he gets injuried again he only gets $500,000. Thats fair. NOT! Good for Glenn sticking to his guns.

That's not fair? Fuck, he got 5 million last year for one game, and his doctor says he needs microfracture surgery. And it would have been fair to the Cowboys to pay him $2 million without a buyout to come back?

You're an idiot.

Vinnie_Johnson
07-31-2008, 11:07 PM
She went back home to her daddy how cute.:married:

Vinnie_Johnson
07-31-2008, 11:13 PM

You really have no clue as to what your talking about. When Glen and TO played the QB was sub Zero Bledsoe who was locked in on Glen 99% of the time forcing the ball to him only to get picked. Also other teams would roll coverages at TO leaving Glen one on one. Glen was good three years ago he is now old and at the end of his life as an NFL player. Jones did what any smart Business man would have done.

jack sommerset
08-01-2008, 11:15 AM
You really have no clue as to what your talking about. When Glen and TO played the QB was sub Zero Bledsoe who was locked in on Glen 99% of the time forcing the ball to him only to get picked. Also other teams would roll coverages at TO leaving Glen one on one. Glen was good three years ago he is now old and at the end of his life as an NFL player. Jones did what any smart Business man would have done.

Romo played over half that year. T.O led the league in drops (18-20) plus he had 85 catches. Glenn that year (2 years ago!) had 70 catches. Ur 99 % theroy is what is clueless and extremly exagerated. Owens was new that year and Bledsoe and Glenn played together so its pretty obvious why they connected for 7 lousy games a little better for those few games. Glenn was not good last year because he did not play.

If you base Jones screwing people over as good business thats ur deal. Personally I believe if you have a contract a man should honor it plus I think Glenn had something else in the tank and not one other WR on that roster is proven. You are talking about a little over a Million dollars to keep Glenn. Fuck Jones

Don't be a dick.

Vinnie_Johnson
08-01-2008, 12:21 PM
Romo played over half that year. T.O led the league in drops (18-20) plus he had 85 catches. Glenn that year (2 years ago!) had 70 catches. Ur 99 % theroy is what is clueless and extremly exagerated. Owens was new that year and Bledsoe and Glenn played together so its pretty obvious why they connected for 7 lousy games a little better for those few games. Glenn was not good last year because he did not play.

If you base Jones screwing people over as good business thats ur deal. Personally I believe if you have a contract a man should honor it plus I think Glenn had something else in the tank and not one other WR on that roster is proven. You are talking about a little over a Million dollars to keep Glenn. Fuck Jones

Don't be a dick.

Didn't mean to be a dick but I don't agree with Jones owes Terry anything.

Taco
08-04-2008, 02:48 PM
When is he suppose to sign?

Is there a problem?

Evan
08-04-2008, 03:22 PM
When is he suppose to sign?

Is there a problem?

I'm sure he had to take a physical and it probably came back with loads of bad news.

monosylab1k
08-04-2008, 06:23 PM
This should force the Cowboys to play Sam Hurd more.....who IMO is the 2nd best receiver on the team. I've always been a big Sam Hurd fan, and never understood why they played Crayton more. Hurd always seems to make big catches when he plays.