PDA

View Full Version : IMHO......Spurs stayed same......rest of West got better.

lebomb
07-30-2008, 07:58 AM
Im just saying.

I do not think the Spurs have done nearly enough this off season. :depressed

Whisky Dog
07-30-2008, 08:03 AM
Probably right, but it all depends on the health of the big players and the production of Mason. If Mason blows up and the big guns are healthy and productive then the team can beat anyone in the playoffs.

Secondary will be Ian's production and if a rook or two can contribute anything of worth.

Also, not having Joey C swallow his whistle on obvious fouls in game deciding situations in the playoffs would help as well.

K-State Spur
07-30-2008, 09:05 AM
Im just saying.

I hope you weren't one of the people bitching that this team needed to get younger 3 months ago.

They basically do what the majority of the board has been asking them to, and people are still pissed off - maybe even more than they were.

Buddy Holly
07-30-2008, 09:09 AM
Isn't this the same shit said last season? Everyone else got better. Yet the Spurs ended up in the WCF with an old ass team. Funny huh?

What's even more funny is how people neglect the fact that the Spurs have TIM DUNCAN, TONY PARKER and MANU GINOBILI on the team. :nope

Ocotillo
07-30-2008, 09:14 AM
If this is a prediction thread, eh?!?! Maybe, it's too early to tell.

Let's look at some of the West.

The Lakers don't really have to do anything because Bynum should be back. Notice I said should. He was suppose to come back during the regular season before the playoffs but you have to wonder will he be the same? Props to the Lakers if they were just being cautious and protecting an asset. It looked like they were ok with out him and other than melting in the Finals, they did just fine. A healthy Bynum improves them.

Houston getting Artest could be huge. That would give them a big three. People who knock the Spurs for not signing a "big name" should consider this. Our big three is established, experienced and has shown the ability to produce in the playoffs. That is why none of our big three should be traded as in "if it ain't broke, don't fix it". Houston on the other hand have two amazingly talented players in TMac and Yao. If the Artest thing does not work out and they exit in the first round again, they have to trade one of their major pieces as it would be clear that they were not getting to the next level with those guys.

Phoenix will be getting used to Terry Porter. It will be interesting to see how Nash responds. He is another year older and was highly effective in D'Antoni's system. Do you really expect them to be better? I don't.

New Orleans brought in James Posey. Solid move if you ask me. They still have to re-sign Pargo or else come up with a back up point to Chris Paul. That is easier said then done as we Spur's fans know all to well. Other then a one year stint with Speedy Claxton, the Spurs have been trying since Tony Parker arrived to find a solid back up for him despite that guy only needing to play 10 or 15 minutes a night. I think New Orleans is tougher this coming season because their core has another year of experience together and went through a tough playoff series with the Spurs and Byron Scott is a good coach.

Utah will be there and be tough. They have a big two in Williams and Boozer. If Kirelenko or Okur can evolve to be the on the same level, they will get to the next level. If they don't, they will be tougher only due to experience of being together over time and Sloan is a good coach as well.

Denver made some moves they had to but probably will fall out of the playoffs due the loss of Camby and Najera. They got some nice young guns in return but they took a step back to be better further down the road.

Golden State is a wild card. I think they will miss B. Davis more than people realize but Nelson with his gimmicks and crazy schemes seems to keep his team right on the bubble of making the playoffs so who knows? Look for some interesting games with the Clippers particularly if those two are competing for the final playoff spot.

Portland has the type of team most fans want. Young guys they obtained through the draft and trades that are talented, now lets let them gel and mature into an unstoppable force. Problem is, when you put all your eggs is one basket (youth) if they turn out good, they all want to be paid and you stand a good chance of losing some of the pieces when their contracts come up and that is just about the time they are ready to move to the next level. MacMillian will get this team into the playoffs barring a major injury but they will be out in the first round.

Dallas may be in for a long season. Diop is back but Kidd is another year older. If they don't figure it out this season somehow, it is time to bust up the team and start over.

San Antonio has some question marks going into the season. With the big three we have, it is a matter of finding the right role players to surround them with and the jury is out and will be until next spring. The front office recognized the need to get younger and that should result in a lower overall standing while the new guys get used to the system and their teammates. It really is how well Mason and the rooks integrate into the system. If it takes too long, we could even struggle to make the playoffs but I don't see a team with a healthy Tim Duncan not making the playoffs.

VaSpursFan
07-30-2008, 09:16 AM
is the sky falling again?

Fabbs
07-30-2008, 09:29 AM
Are the PollyAnnas singing again?

T Park
07-30-2008, 09:48 AM
How do you stay the same when you add a young big a young point and a young swingman. How is that possible?

Buddy Holly
07-30-2008, 09:50 AM
How do you stay the same when you add a young big a young point and a young swingman. How is that possible?

It isn't. But being fucking stupid is a constant.

Fabbs
07-30-2008, 09:55 AM
Impact players.
Maybe Hill will play some at point.
Maybe Manhimi will impact at F.
Maybe the Wiz guy will help add a Championship.
All maybes.

Artest will impact big time. And for the "sky is falling Artest will destroy the Rockets" chanters, get real. He already played excellently for Adleman in the one and only playoffs he coached him. It's a contract year, RonRon is looking for megabucks. Great signing by Houston. No maybes.

lebomb
Im just saying.
I do not think the Spurs have done nearly enough this off season.

I. Hustle
07-30-2008, 10:14 AM
I can't wait until the season starts to end all the speculation. The off season isn't even over yet and we are a lottery team already? F that! Moves are still being made everywhere. For all we know T-Mac goes to Detroit and everything gets busted up (just an example I don't really think that will happen) The bandwagoners are already admitting defeat before the season has begun. We aren't even close to PRE-season yet

FromWayDowntown
07-30-2008, 10:27 AM
I'm just wondering if we're due for one of these threads every week until the season starts or if those who hold this perception could be bothered to find last week's thread and add their thoughts to that. [/rant]

|AiE|illuzioN
07-30-2008, 10:29 AM
as long as the spurs have a well rested tim, tony, and manu

the spurs are unstopable! pop will let hill, mason, giest, ian do there thing dont worry about that, the spurs scouts have been doing an awsome job stealing hill

DPG21920
07-30-2008, 10:29 AM
I do not think the Spurs have not done enough, but some teams are just doing a lot. The Spurs have no control over what other teams do. They just try and build the best team they can within their business model.

WildcardManu
07-30-2008, 10:35 AM
I hope you weren't one of the people bitching that this team needed to get younger 3 months ago.

They basically do what the majority of the board has been asking them to, and people are still pissed off - maybe even more than they were.

Yeah, can't keep idiots happy.

|AiE|illuzioN
07-30-2008, 10:40 AM
pop is very happy with the way IAN is progressing, I expect IAN to have 20-25 min a game this coming season, IAN will create matchup problems, just like posey does.

Lackluster
07-30-2008, 10:47 AM
it's fun to get caught up in the big signings like artest when your team is not a contender and you have money to throw around. it's exciting! houston has a whole new look to their roster... (not sure if they're automatically contenders)

but when you're already at the top, the off-seasons aren't as thrilling. LA didn't make any big moves. Boston didn't either. Neither did the hornets or the jazz... subtle changes here and there, but still...

let the philly's, clips, and rockets make their moves now. the spurs will let things play out, and make their patented key move before the trade deadline in the spring.

imo

VaSpursFan
07-30-2008, 10:47 AM

:lmao:lmao:lmao

why do certain fans lose the ability to logically think in the offseason? we haven't done enough. we should trade for <insert player name here>. we should bring over <insert draftee name here>. how many moves have other contenders made? so far all the movement have been amongst teams trying to get to the Spurs level.

the Spurs have until this thing called the trading deadline to make changes if the current roster isn't up to par. none of the current players have gone through training camp or preseason yet and fans want us to make panic trades because other teams are making moves. it's mind boggling. we can't control it, so why not sit back and enjoy the ride instead of armchair gm'ing.

Whisky Dog
07-30-2008, 10:51 AM
I'm just wondering if we're due for one of these threads every week until the season starts or if those who hold this perception could be bothered to find last week's thread and add their thoughts to that. [/rant]

Does it really make a difference? Is it really that big of an inconvinience to see a new thread title on this forum? Perspective.

Tully365
07-30-2008, 10:51 AM
Impact players.
Maybe Hill will play some at point.
Maybe Manhimi will impact at F.
Maybe the Wiz guy will help add a Championship.
All maybes.

Artest will impact big time. And for the "sky is falling Artest will destroy the Rockets" chanters, get real. He already played excellently for Adleman in the one and only playoffs he coached him. It's a contract year, RonRon is looking for megabucks. Great signing by Houston. No maybes.

lebomb

Maybe Artest will go a whole season without blowing up and ruining his team, like he did with a championship-caliber Indiana Pacers. Maybe giving more minutes to the volatile Artest and fewer to the ultimate glue guy Battier will actually hurt the team.

Maybe Andrew Bynum, who at a very young age has already had 3 knee surgeries, with stay healthy for an extended period.

Maybe Boston's Big 3, who are older than San Antonio's Big 3, will all stay healthy.

Maybe we should give the Front Office of the most successful team in the NBA for the past decade the benefit of the doubt. If only two of the new five (Mason, Mahinmi, Hill, Gist, and Tolliver) play well, the Spurs could be much better than they were last year. If Finley re-signs, he will probably go from starter last year to 3rd string this year. It's very likely that Thomas, Mahinmi, Tolliver, and Gist combined will put up better numbers than Horry and Elson, which will mean the Spurs start this season off in a better position than last year.

wijayas
07-30-2008, 10:57 AM
Also, not having Joey C swallow his whistle on obvious fouls in game deciding situations in the playoffs would help as well.

Oh man. Joey, Joey, Joey. Please be so kind to refuse officiating the Spurs game in the future. You are not wanted.

xtremesteven33
07-30-2008, 11:04 AM
this Spurs system rarely fails people.

Defense First
Offense second.

defense brings us to the finals. our offense was never our main strong point. im not worried just yet.

Fabbs
07-30-2008, 11:11 AM
this Spurs system rarely fails people.

Defense First
Offense second.

defense brings us to the finals. our offense was never our main strong point. im not worried just yet.
1-4 vs Phil Jackson = mostly fails including last years pivitol game 1 choker of 89-85.
89 pts allowed was not a defensive meltdown. Altho taking Bowen off of Kome was a defensive meltdown failure move.

xtremesteven33
07-30-2008, 11:16 AM
1-4 vs Phil Jackson = mostly fails including last years pivitol game 1 choker of 89-85.
89 pts allowed was not a defensive meltdown. Altho taking Bowen off of Kome was a defensive meltdown failure move.

3 titles in the past 6 years looks like a great gameplan.

dont buy into the Jackson>Popovich hype.

id take Pop over Phil anyday. i still think the Spurs played very well with an injured Manu against the Lakers.

TJastal
07-30-2008, 11:32 AM
pop is very happy with the way IAN is progressing, I expect IAN to have 20-25 min a game this coming season, IAN will create matchup problems, just like posey does.

:lol

I'm all for trying to stay upbeat about the season, but this statement just made me laugh out loud

MoSpur
07-30-2008, 11:41 AM
Staying the same is not a bad thing. They made it to the Western Conference Finals with two of the big three healthy. That's not bad IMO. They got rid of Robert Horry, Barry, and maybe Finley (I hope) and got younger for the most part. It just depends on the role players and the health of the big three. Nothings really changed and that's okay IMO.

xtremesteven33
07-30-2008, 11:47 AM
Staying the same is not a bad thing. They made it to the Western Conference Finals with two of the big three healthy. That's not bad IMO. They got rid of Robert Horry, Barry, and maybe Finley (I hope) and got younger for the most part. It just depends on the role players and the health of the big three. Nothings really changed and that's okay IMO.

ur right.

as long as the BIG 3 are healthy. we will be at the Finals.

Fabbs
07-30-2008, 12:08 PM
3 titles in the past 6 years looks like a great gameplan.
try 9 in 11 if you want to cherry pick years.

dont buy into the Jackson>Popovich hype.
id take Pop over Phil anyday.
Nor will i buy into the Lord Pop hype.
And you'll be taking a 1-4 buttrubbing. Enjoy.

i still think the Spurs played very well with an injured Manu against the Lakers.
I still think it was obvious to those with a minute amount of basketball intelligence that Manu was at 70% and was screwing up royally. Time for a winning coach to make an ad-just-ment. 3 syllable word. Time for a losing coach to stubbornly stick with *the plan*. Guess who got stuck?

So all this "if the Big 3 stay healthy" is about as durrr urrr as "if we put the ball in the basket more times then the opponent, we shall win". Opps, better change that to Popball, "if we stop them defensively from putting the ball in we shall win."

I'll gladly eat crow if Lord Poppycock coatails his way to a title in 2009.

ceperez
07-30-2008, 12:09 PM
Maybe Artest will go a whole season without blowing up and ruining his team, like he did with a championship-caliber Indiana Pacers. Maybe giving more minutes to the volatile Artest and fewer to the ultimate glue guy Battier will actually hurt the team.

Maybe Andrew Bynum, who at a very young age has already had 3 knee surgeries, with stay healthy for an extended period.

Maybe Boston's Big 3, who are older than San Antonio's Big 3, will all stay healthy.

Maybe we should give the Front Office of the most successful team in the NBA for the past decade the benefit of the doubt. If only two of the new five (Mason, Mahinmi, Hill, Gist, and Tolliver) play well, the Spurs could be much better than they were last year. If Finley re-signs, he will probably go from starter last year to 3rd string this year. It's very likely that Thomas, Mahinmi, Tolliver, and Gist combined will put up better numbers than Horry and Elson, which will mean the Spurs start this season off in a better position than last year.

The new guys without a doubt will play better defense. They're more athletic and have freakishly long wingspans.

If any of them can create their own shot, then we'll be hard to contain on offense!

Spooky
07-30-2008, 03:26 PM
It's an odd year. :lobt2: I'm feelin good about our team this year. Sign Hill and Gist for sure and Finley or someone else.:sombrero:

lebomb
07-30-2008, 03:43 PM
It's an odd year. :lobt2: I'm feelin good about our team this year. Sign Hill and Gist for sure and Finley or someone else.:sombrero:

CNNSI feels it will be the Lakers and Celtics in the finals again. :depressed

Obstructed_View
07-30-2008, 04:01 PM
Im just saying.

When people with such a complete deficiency of basketball knowledge pronounce the Spurs dead, it's time to rejoice.

I'm just saying.

Ocotillo
07-30-2008, 04:45 PM
CNNSI feels it will be the Lakers and Celtics in the finals again. :depressed

Yeah, some guy name Chris Mannix (sp?) was on Rome today and basically believes the West is NO, LAL, HOU and then SA rounding out the top four in the west this season.

OK, that's someone's opinion. I would figure this team will struggle the first half of the season (if you call winning more than you lose struggling) as the new guys get acclimated to their teammates.

Recall SPAM. That is what is important. Flying under the radar is cool with me.

TheNextGen
07-30-2008, 04:57 PM
we shoulda got artest...crazy defensive team!

Killakobe81
07-30-2008, 05:08 PM
i/m a Lakers fan i would consider taking Pop over Phil much rather have a defensive focus than an offensive one ...as far as Bowen goes his days of limiting kobe are over he is still a top 5 defender but that series shows when kobe is on Bowen has no shot ...maybe Gist can be groomed for that role?

DPG21920
07-30-2008, 05:12 PM
i/m a Lakers fan i would consider taking Pop over Phil much rather have a defensive focus than an offensive one ...as far as Bowen goes his days of limiting kobe are over he is still a top 5 defender but that series shows when kobe is on Bowen has no shot ...maybe Gist can be groomed for that role?

No one is going to stop Kobe unless the entire team collapses on him. I would just put my best defenders on someone else and let Kobe shoot. What?? Its not like he is going to score 80+ points on you...

Sissiborgo
07-30-2008, 05:13 PM
No we were not the only team that were the same that shows us that we are a good team!...

rj215
07-30-2008, 05:58 PM
The West was great last year when the only real move the Spurs made was Udoka. We had injuries and inconsistant play from trusted vets (Horry, Fin-Dog and Bowen) and STILL made it to the WCF. Let's not panic in July 08especially since our best is saved for May and June 09.

Fabbs
07-30-2008, 06:18 PM
i/m a Lakers fan i would consider taking Pop over Phil much rather have a defensive focus than an offensive one ...
:lmao Mouse is that you?

jay014
07-30-2008, 07:02 PM

They could've done more than the 3 draft picks, Mason, Tolliver to get younger. The moves that they made so far suck. I know there's still alot of time before the season starts, hopefully R.C. gets his finger out of his ass and makes a move. I wouldn't mind parting with anybody outside the big three and if the Spurs were to trade one of the three, later Manu.

John_C
07-30-2008, 09:53 PM
Didn't Spurs stay the same since drafting Manu and Tony? Weren't through all those years we stayed as a contender.

So I guess what you mean is we'll the same. Still a contender, and still able to win it all!

Man of Steel
07-30-2008, 10:04 PM
You might be right.

But honestly--its just as plausible that you're wrong.

SA needed a tweak here and there--not a major over-haul.

If Mason produces--our big three stay healthy and at least one of the new players comes through, we can go far in the playoffs if not win another title.

SequSpur
07-30-2008, 11:07 PM
The Spurs didn't do shit to get more wins. They will still win 56-58 games, be the 4th or 5th seed and get fucking wacked in the second round.

New Orleans, Los Angeles, Boston, Detroit, Houston and Portland will own their asses this year...

It's going to be different folks...

The rest of the NBA is shit.

iggypop123
07-31-2008, 01:31 AM
its all about health. whatever team of the elite is the healthiest will be favored to come out of west. spurs and lakers made it to west finals despite injurues although manu was on the floor and bynum was out sitting at home.

wisnub
07-31-2008, 03:17 AM
Im just saying.

I hate to admit it..and I want to argue and said we done good job this off season. But I cannot lie. We definitely not heading to the championship direction. As much as Im thrilled to get Mason and ok with Hill....everything else is the same (we lost Bonnes). Departure of Horry and signing Thomas was predicted. Looking at what Rockets did, even Clippers got stronger....I got nothing to say. It seems this odd year thing myth is not going to be repeated. I hope Im wrong, but Spurs FO is fucking sucks right now!! Owner might like it getting money from luxury fuckin thing,but fans will get worried in the playoffs..

wisnub
07-31-2008, 03:25 AM
You might be right.

But honestly--its just as plausible that you're wrong.

SA needed a tweak here and there--not a major over-haul.

If Mason produces--our big three stay healthy and at least one of the new players comes through, we can go far in the playoffs if not win another title.

Spurs didnt need overhaul, I agree..but they missed every single good free agents available. They didnt add an impact player, they just add nice prospect who might turn into mediocre player ( I hope Im worng). I like Mason,but i thought we could get better considering Spurs is a legitimate contender. I was wrong..I dont know if FO didnt pitch it serious enough, no money (hell,Rockets is over budget and somehow they can trade Artst), or no star want to play in SA. I think it is combination of all. FO done terrible job this season, there were good players in free agents...and we almost lost all of em (except mason)

wisnub
07-31-2008, 03:34 AM
By the way,we should stop discussing about Spurs getting good players because we always going to miss every single of them anyway. I dont know if jinx exist or FO just always want to swim against stream. Even Artest,the guy that Spurs want to trade before is gone. I didnt blame CM coz dude wants money. Azubuike? FO didnt give a shit about him. In JR case I understand that Nuggets will definitely match him. But Draft? we were sucks. We missed Chalmers,CDR...if Hill doesnt perform than FO is fucking stupid!! But we'll see waht happen,who knows Hill is a late bloomer. The only thing Im excited is at last I will see Mahinmi in action with more minutes.

your_pimp
07-31-2008, 05:03 AM
LOL

You poor bastards are in denial.

anakha
07-31-2008, 05:12 AM
LOL

You poor bastards are in denial.

So, when are you going to debut your Rocket troll username, Louis?

ambchang
07-31-2008, 08:33 AM
Doc Rivers > Phil Jackson

Fabbs
07-31-2008, 09:06 AM
in 2008 Finals he was.
Doc had a better team, but still Phil was downright Poppedlike at times. :toast

Russ
07-31-2008, 10:04 AM
The Spurs' best moves are under the radar. They are best viewed in retrospect.

This could be one of those off-seasons. :toast

21_Blessings
07-31-2008, 10:09 AM
Isn't this the same shit said last season? Everyone else got better. Yet the Spurs ended up in the WCF with an old ass team. Funny huh?

And they were curbstomped in 5 games by a team that was missing their starting center and 2nd best perimeter defender. The Spurs did nothing to improve and got older. Things are looking up in SA.

ambchang
07-31-2008, 12:07 PM
When Rivers beats Jackson, the makeup of the team matters, but when Jackson beats Popovich, it doesn't.

Fabbs
07-31-2008, 12:18 PM
I twist things around like a dumbass, and the pic of my avatar is me

ambchang
07-31-2008, 02:56 PM
People are dumbasses for making me look like a fool. I don't care that I explicitedly said that Jackson > Pop because of 1-3 with no mention of team makeup, but team makeup DOES matter when I am talking about Rivers vs. Jackson.

Also, I enjoy telling the world that I am having trouble arguing with a person I believe to be a gorilla.

Fabbs
08-03-2008, 09:04 AM
Jackson > Pop because of 1-3, i also smell and add like a gorilla.
2001...Conference Final...Lakers.....4-0
2002...Second round ......Lakers.....4-1
2003...Second round .......Spurs ....4-2
2004...Second round.......Lakers.....4-2
2008...Conference Final....Lakers ...4-1

SpursDynasty
08-03-2008, 09:37 AM
I don't know why everyone is so worried about the Spurs.

We lost to our easiest competition in the playoffs last year. We were just emotionally and physically drained from the Phoenix and New Orleans' series.

Funny how we go from making the WCF's to being 8th place in everyone's minds.

SpursDynasty
08-03-2008, 09:38 AM
And they were curbstomped in 5 games by a team that was missing their starting center and 2nd best perimeter defender. The Spurs did nothing to improve and got older. Things are looking up in SA.

Actually we let go of Barry and Horry isn't coming back. So much for "getting older".

mrspurs
08-03-2008, 10:00 AM

yeah like the FO comes here and does what most of yall want....wake up, its true the spurs as of yet have only gotten worse while the west has by far become better...now ill put another crybaby on ignore guess who that is

mrspurs
08-03-2008, 10:03 AM

What's even more funny is how people neglect the fact that the Spurs have TIM DUNCAN, TONY PARKER and MANU GINOBILI on the team. :nope

your another one with no clue......the only player that still can play like he did yesterday is tony...timmy and manu ankles are not gonna get better, timmy cant even shoot the ball like he used to, cos he always doubled, and signing kurt thomas will only make us worse

mrspurs
08-03-2008, 10:06 AM

its people like you that make the world a dummer place to live

mrspurs
08-03-2008, 10:08 AM

you and vaspurs must be related....they say ignorance comes from family, yet another dumb ignore

mrspurs
08-03-2008, 10:10 AM
I can't wait until the season starts to end all the speculation. The off season isn't even over yet and we are a lottery team already? F that! Moves are still being made everywhere. For all we know T-Mac goes to Detroit and everything gets busted up (just an example I don't really think that will happen) The bandwagoners are already admitting defeat before the season has begun. We aren't even close to PRE-season yet

who said anything about lottery........are you sure you can read?

manufor3
08-03-2008, 10:12 AM

no trade for gasol=first round exit.

mrspurs
08-03-2008, 10:13 AM
Yeah, can't keep idiots happy.

sounds like your an idiot who can spell idiot.......which makes you quailified as an idiot with nothing else to say

anakha
08-03-2008, 10:14 AM
your another one with no clue......the only player that still can play like he did yesterday is tony...timmy and manu ankles are not gonna get better, timmy cant even shoot the ball like he used to, cos he always doubled, and signing kurt thomas will only make us worse

Chicken Little strikes again.

mrspurs
08-03-2008, 10:15 AM

maybe you should wake up and stop living in the past

mrspurs
08-03-2008, 10:17 AM
Does it really make a difference? Is it really that big of an inconvinience to see a new thread title on this forum? Perspective.

agreed....some of the people in here remind me of running a daycare center

Mr.Bottomtooth
08-03-2008, 10:17 AM
Damn, mrspurs is retarded.

anakha
08-03-2008, 10:18 AM
maybe you should wake up and stop living in the past

Maybe you should give up and stop spamming the board.

We know you don't like the Spurs chances already. No need to keep repeating yourself ad nauseam.

anakha
08-03-2008, 10:19 AM
agreed....some of the people in here remind me of running a daycare center

Nannies are needed for crybabies like you.

mrspurs
08-03-2008, 10:19 AM
:lol

I'm all for trying to stay upbeat about the season, but this statement just made me laugh out loud

agreed, ive been watching ian since the spurs made him their personal project....ian still sucks

mrspurs
08-03-2008, 10:22 AM
ur right.

as long as the BIG 3 are healthy. we will be at the Finals.

and when you wake up and we lose again.....then i bet you blame it on a ref, or use manus ankle as an excuse....your dead wrong, manu isnt as good as he used tobe, neither is timmy

VaSpursFan
08-03-2008, 10:47 AM

:lmao:lmao:lmao +1

BlackBellamy
08-03-2008, 11:49 AM
Whoa! What the hell do want? We got younger like every person (including front office) said we needed to do. So long as maybe two of our prospects don't come out bust I say we've done a fine job. Roger Mason is coming off a career best scoring year, Tolliver and Gist look solid, Mahinmi is looking like he might be ready and with how under the radar the spurs draft I'd say they may know something about Hill that we don't. We kept all our winners, now just one or two of these newbies has to flex and we're finals bound. We still have the best and most battle tested big 3 in the league, let's not sneeze on that.

Tully365
08-03-2008, 12:19 PM

+1.

Damn, mrs purs is retarded.

lefty
08-03-2008, 12:29 PM

You know the Lakers are not returning to the Finals anytime soon, unless the refs help them again, or Stern closes his eyes on another colusion trade.

cash459
08-03-2008, 12:59 PM

what does that say about the lakers that got utterly anihilated (sp?) by the Celtics. And then COMPLETELY BLOWN OUT in the last game, while setting a record for worst loss??:sleep

Amuseddaysleeper
08-03-2008, 01:30 PM
what does that say about the lakers that got utterly anihilated (sp?) by the Celtics. And then COMPLETELY BLOWN OUT in the last game, while setting a record for worst loss??:sleep

It says that they were missing their starting center and 2nd best perimeter defender.

I agree with the title of this thread, hopefully the Spurs will prove me wrong like they did in 2007.

I think the defense will come back to them, as allowing teams to shoot 44% against them (notably against the Lakers) isn't ever going to get the job done.

However, it's their lack of offense that is going to be frightening.

mrspurs
08-03-2008, 05:59 PM
Nannies are needed for crybabies like you.

sounds like you need attention........the power rangers suck

mrspurs
08-03-2008, 06:03 PM
Whoa! What the hell do want? We got younger like every person (including front office) said we needed to do. So long as maybe two of our prospects don't come out bust I say we've done a fine job. Roger Mason is coming off a career best scoring year, Tolliver and Gist look solid, Mahinmi is looking like he might be ready and with how under the radar the spurs draft I'd say they may know something about Hill that we don't. We kept all our winners, now just one or two of these newbies has to flex and we're finals bound. We still have the best and most battle tested big 3 in the league, let's not sneeze on that.

well said, unlike most of morons in here who have nothing but ignorant things to say..........i agree with you

anakha
08-03-2008, 08:54 PM
sounds like you need attention........the power rangers suck

Considering all you do is make Chicken Little posts and call anybody disagreeing with you idiots... :lmao