PDA

View Full Version : Spurstalk yahoo league?

J.T.
07-30-2008, 11:05 AM
Anyone want to do a SpursTalk free fantasy football league this season? Can't play in my usual $250 league cuz I'm broke but still want to play some kind of FF this season. If you want to play, PM me your email addresses and after I get like 10-14 people I'll make the league and send out the invites.

ATRAIN
07-30-2008, 11:07 AM
Anyone want to do a SpursTalk free fantasy football league this season? Can't play in my usual $250 league cuz I'm broke but still want to play some kind of FF this season. If you want to play, PM me your email addresses and after I get like 10-14 people I'll make the league and send out the invites.

Bragging rights league? Only if its a live draft.

J.T.
07-30-2008, 11:22 AM
Yeah, it will be a live draft. Probably will have it the Sunday before the season starts that way no one will get fucked by a star player getting hurt in preseason games or training camp.

ATRAIN
07-30-2008, 11:29 AM
Yeah, it will be a live draft. Probably will have it the Sunday before the season starts that way no one will get fucked by a star player getting hurt in preseason games or training camp.

If I get the 1st pick, im going to get Peyton just so when I play you it will be Peyton beating you.

monosylab1k
07-30-2008, 11:34 AM
If I get the 1st pick, im going to get Peyton just so when I play you it will be Peyton beating you.

lol if I get first pick I'm going to take Peyton and then leave him on the bench all year just to piss off JT.

ATRAIN
07-30-2008, 11:38 AM
lol if I get first pick I'm going to take Peyton and then leave him on the bench all year just to piss off JT.

LMAO

Wait is Mono going to join?? FUCKING sweet, I can't wait to own in Fantasy Football. Ill draft Moss and then trade him to JT so he can put him on the bench.

J.T.
07-30-2008, 11:52 AM
If I get the first pick I'm not going to use it on Manning. But I always end up getting like 2nd to last pick in any fantasy league in any sport...it's a curse.

Don't think you realize how dumb that is since Manning has been the starting QB for like 50-60% of teams that won their league in the past few years. A better thing to do would be draft him and then reject my trade of Romo, Moss and Adrian Peterson for him.

ATRAIN
07-30-2008, 11:58 AM
If I get the first pick I'm not going to use it on Manning. But I always end up getting like 2nd to last pick in any fantasy league in any sport...it's a curse.

Don't think you realize how dumb that is since Manning has been the starting QB for like 50-60% of teams that won their league in the past few years. A better thing to do would be draft him and then reject my trade of Romo, Moss and Adrian Peterson for him.

I traded Romo and Colston for Manning and Westbrook last season and won the title. Romo was awesome the first half of the season but 2 years in a row he dropped off the 2nd half of the season fantasy wise, so if I draft him, im going to get a backup for the 2nd half.

J.T.
07-30-2008, 12:09 PM
I traded Romo and Colston for Manning and Westbrook last season and won the title. Romo was awesome the first half of the season but 2 years in a row he dropped off the 2nd half of the season fantasy wise, so if I draft him, im going to get a backup for the 2nd half.

I traded Portis and Lee Evans for Manning last season, while also drafting Adrian Peterson and Randy Moss...and I got Portis back in like week 10...and won my league title pretty easily. If Marvin Harrison hadn't gotten hurt I would have gone undefeated imo.

ATRAIN
07-30-2008, 12:14 PM
I traded Portis and Lee Evans for Manning last season, while also drafting Adrian Peterson and Randy Moss...and I got Portis back in like week 10...and won my league title pretty easily. If Marvin Harrison hadn't gotten hurt I would have gone undefeated imo.

Speaking of Marvin, is his little ghetto session going to affect him this season?

J.T.
07-30-2008, 12:21 PM
Speaking of Marvin, is his little ghetto session going to affect him this season?

Doubt it...haven't heard anything about it since that first week it happened and he's been practicing full speed with first teamers since camp started so looks like his knee is fine. Unless he gets charged with something he won't be suspended or fined or anything by the NFL.

ATRAIN
07-30-2008, 12:24 PM
Doubt it...haven't heard anything about it since that first week it happened and he's been practicing full speed with first teamers since camp started so looks like his knee is fine. Unless he gets charged with something he won't be suspended or fined or anything by the NFL.

What about Manning, will he be healthy by lets say October 5th hahaha, I can only hope not :).

Spuradicator
07-30-2008, 12:46 PM

Im in, I'll send you a PM

ATRAIN
07-30-2008, 12:48 PM
Its my lucky day, 2 of my ST enemies are going to be in. Can't wait to whip all of your asses!! The live draft will be interesting none the less.

Spuradicator
07-30-2008, 12:50 PM
Its my lucky day, 2 of my ST enemies are going to be in. Can't wait to whip all of your asses!! The live draft will be interesting none the less.

Do you mean me? Im your "enemy"

:lmao

ATRAIN
07-30-2008, 12:58 PM

You and Mono are my virtual enemies. Dont get all excited there is a long list.

peewee's lovechild
07-30-2008, 01:00 PM
I'm in.

ATRAIN
07-30-2008, 01:01 PM
I'm in.

Wow its a pretty diverse league so far. Colts, Texans, Cowboys, Titans, and bandwagon fan. We need Thunder Dan in here so he can draft Quinn in the first round.

Spuradicator
07-30-2008, 01:13 PM
You and Mono are my virtual enemies. Dont get all excited there is a long list.

Why? because we have a difference of opinion?

Your're a sensative guy Atrain, huh?

midgetonadonkey
07-30-2008, 01:13 PM
I'm in.

monosylab1k
07-30-2008, 01:14 PM

when he says "enemy" ATRAIN really means people who own his ass non-stop on SpursTalk.

ATRAIN
07-30-2008, 01:15 PM
Why? because we have a difference of opinion?

Your're a sensative guy Atrain, huh?

LOL oh so now its a difference of opinion?? Thats not how you made it seem. Yes Im a sensitive little guy and my internet feelings were hurt hahaha. Just dont be mad when the Texans whoop on your tits and when I whoop on you in FF!!

ATRAIN
07-30-2008, 01:15 PM
when he says "enemy" ATRAIN really means people who own his ass non-stop on SpursTalk.

LOL oh please Mono!! Your only smack talk is WE WON THE SILVER BOOT!!

Spuradicator
07-30-2008, 01:19 PM

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, that. Thanks for clarifying Mono.

ATRAIN
07-30-2008, 01:21 PM
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, that. Thanks for clarifying Mono.

You both fucking wish and ill make you both my fantasy football bitches!!

GaryJohnston
07-30-2008, 01:25 PM
I would like to join.

Sunday before the season is perfect for a draft. Avoid the injuries.

ATRAIN
07-30-2008, 01:30 PM
I would like to join.

Sunday before the season is perfect for a draft. Avoid the injuries.

Yeah its a good time but also when a lot of leagues draft.

GaryJohnston
07-30-2008, 01:31 PM
What service will we be using?

monosylab1k
07-30-2008, 01:32 PM
LOL oh please Mono!! Your only smack talk is WE WON THE SILVER BOOT!!

And speaking of that, WHERE IS THAT SILVER BOOT NOW? OH YEAH, ARLINGTON BITCH!

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/c/c1/Silver_Boot.JPG/400px-Silver_Boot.JPG

HELL YEAH!

Hey ATRAIN tell me how my ass taste!

ATRAIN
07-30-2008, 01:34 PM
And speaking of that, WHERE IS THAT SILVER BOOT NOW? OH YEAH, ARLINGTON BITCH!

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/c/c1/Silver_Boot.JPG/400px-Silver_Boot.JPG

HELL YEAH!

Hey ATRAIN tell me how my ass taste!

LOL ok Shaq.

DUDE there was no winner, we tied. The tie breaker is a joke. The trophy is a joke. There is no interstate rivalry just like the cowboys and texans.

Condemned 2 HelLA
07-30-2008, 01:45 PM
So what are the particulars here?
You going to have a draft where it's only QB, RB, WR, TE, K, defense and reserves, or being more elaborate than that?

O-Factor
07-30-2008, 01:45 PM
This league promises to be alot of fun!

:makemyday

ATRAIN
07-30-2008, 01:49 PM
This league promises to be alot of fun!

:makemyday

If Ofactor is in Im guaranteed 2 wins when I play him. I have owned him in fantasy football over and over.

O-Factor
07-30-2008, 01:51 PM
If Ofactor is in Im guaranteed 2 wins when I play him. I have owned him in fantasy football over and over.

:lol no you haven't

Hell, I engineered the trade to end all trades to win you a championship

J.T.
07-30-2008, 01:55 PM
So what are the particulars here?
You going to have a draft where it's only QB, RB, WR, TE, K, defense and reserves, or being more elaborate than that?

Yeah that's pretty much what we're doing... QB, 3 WR, 2 RB, TE, K, DEF and 6 reserves. Typical yahoo FF setup.

Sent PMs to mono and midget with league info since I dont have their emails, anyone else that PMed me should have got the email with the league info.

ATRAIN
07-30-2008, 01:57 PM
:lol no you haven't

Hell, I engineered the trade to end all trades to win you a championship

Hey it was a even trade, it also gave you championship hopes in the other league. Man ive been owning you in fantasy football as long as I can remember, maybe except that one year you won.

peewee's lovechild
07-30-2008, 01:57 PM
Yeah that's pretty much what we're doing... QB, 3 WR, 2 RB, TE, K, DEF and 6 reserves. Typical yahoo FF setup.

Sent PMs to mono and midget with league info since I dont have their emails, anyone else that PMed me should have got the email with the league info.

I'll let The Midge know.

I already confirmed my team.

I think you're the only other guy there.

peewee's lovechild
07-30-2008, 01:58 PM
Hey it was a even trade, it also gave you championship hopes in the other league. Man ive been owning you in fantasy football as long as I can remember, maybe except that one year you won.

Get ready to get your ass creamed.

I'd bet you, but we all know how bets with you turn out.

ATRAIN
07-30-2008, 01:59 PM
I'll let The Midge know.

I already confirmed my team.

I think you're the only other guy there.

I can't access that at work because of the word Fantasy but ill sign up in a hour when I get home.

J.T.
07-30-2008, 02:00 PM
Yeah I'm the other team on there...was going to name it Patrick Bateman's Support Group but yahoo restricts team names to 20 characters. :pctoss

ATRAIN
07-30-2008, 02:01 PM
Get ready to get your ass creamed.

I'd bet you, but we all know how bets with you turn out.

hahaha oh please you dont even stand a chance against my fantasy football skills!! LOL come on pee wee double or nothing hahahahah.

monosylab1k
07-30-2008, 02:23 PM
I'm in.

So which one of you motherfuckers is coming in 2nd place?

J.T.
07-30-2008, 02:25 PM
I wonder which one of those team names could be mono's....anyway I think I got my American Psycho themed team name within Yahoo's bullshit 20char limit.

Oh yeah our draft is going to be Sunday 8/31 at 2:30PM central. If that time is a problem for anyone we can change it to something that everyone can agree on. Figured that would be late enough for the church crowd or anyone nursing a Saturday night hangover.

ATRAIN
07-30-2008, 02:29 PM
I'm in.

So which one of you motherfuckers is coming in 2nd place?

I can tell you Pee wee is coming in last. He is going to draft all Notre Dame Alumni.

J.T.
07-30-2008, 02:30 PM
I can tell you Pee wee is coming in last. He is going to draft all Notre Dame Alumni.

I can see you making a ridiculous trade to midge after he drafts Matt Schaub with the #1 overall.

ATRAIN
07-30-2008, 02:33 PM
I can see you making a ridiculous trade to midge after he drafts Matt Schaub with the #1 overall.

Fuck that im drafting Sage R. in the first round. Can I draft Mario Williams as my QB. Mother Fucker can do it all!!

peewee's lovechild
07-30-2008, 03:47 PM
Can I draft Brady Quinn for all the positions?

That fucker is going to give me some mad crazy fantasy points!!!

J.T.
07-30-2008, 10:03 PM
All right, we've got 8 teams that have already signed up and I think two people that said they were in who haven't signed up yet, so that puts us at 10. Do yous guys want to cap the league at 12 or 14 teams? I've played in leagues that go that deep and that's a decent amount of teams to spread the talent around and level the playing field for everyone. So we've got room for a few more people that might want to play.

Kori Ellis
07-30-2008, 10:10 PM
Just FYI, I'll be posting the info about the SpursTalk money leagues tomorrow or the next day.

They range from $25 to $250 buy-ins.

J.T.
07-30-2008, 10:38 PM
Just FYI, I'll be posting the info about the SpursTalk money leagues tomorrow or the next day.

They range from $25 to $250 buy-ins.

Yeah...I knew you guys ran some money leagues, but I'm broke and still wanted to play some FF. Didn't want to infringe on the in house leagues. Just wanted to run a bragging rights league for those of guys strapped for cash :downspin:

Kori Ellis
07-30-2008, 10:39 PM
Yeah...I knew you guys ran some money leagues, but I'm broke and still wanted to play some FF. Didn't want to infringe on the in house leagues. Just wanted to run a bragging rights league for those of guys strapped for cash :downspin:

Yeah we usually run two free leagues too. But I'm glad you did it, so I didn't have to. Thanks! :)

O-Factor
07-31-2008, 12:57 AM
All right, we've got 8 teams that have already signed up and I think two people that said they were in who haven't signed up yet, so that puts us at 10. Do yous guys want to cap the league at 12 or 14 teams? I've played in leagues that go that deep and that's a decent amount of teams to spread the talent around and level the playing field for everyone. So we've got room for a few more people that might want to play.

Personally I like 10 or 12 teams. 14 team leagues get really watered down Thats just my opinion.

peewee's lovechild
07-31-2008, 08:06 AM
Personally I like 10 or 12 teams. 14 team leagues get really watered down Thats just my opinion.

I agree.

ATRAIN
07-31-2008, 08:25 AM
I agree.

Yeah I agree with this just based on the free agency pool not being depleted.

peewee's lovechild
07-31-2008, 09:12 AM
ATRAIN has the worst team name.

ATRAIN
07-31-2008, 09:33 AM
ATRAIN has the worst team name.

Its only temporary until the season starts.

J.T.
07-31-2008, 01:22 PM
OK we've got 4 people who i've sent the info to who haven't signed up yet, that puts us at 12 so we'll go ahead and cap it there. If others want to start another league, I'll set one up and then transfer commissioner powers to someone else and delete my team from that league.

Spuradicator
07-31-2008, 05:41 PM
^12 teams is perfect.

J.T.'s Friend
08-01-2008, 08:50 PM
Dude, fuck fantasy football.

Lets go get high.

J.T.
08-01-2008, 11:30 PM
Dude, fuck fantasy football.

Lets go get high.

I'm down to get high man...as long as you're not there!

And fantasy football kicks ass, you're a pussy. Go do some coke and hit some more women.

midgetonadonkey
08-01-2008, 11:47 PM

I leave all the homerism at the door when it comes to fantasy football. I will come in 4th place at the highest. Fuck all you other bastards.

ShoogarBear
08-02-2008, 08:23 AM
Can anybody join this league, or is it just for biyatches only?

J.T.
08-02-2008, 02:13 PM
Can anybody join this league, or is it just for biyatches only?

Anyone can join...there's still two open spots before we're at maximum capacity. Want in?

ShoogarBear
08-02-2008, 11:47 PM
Seriously, I'd like to, but I'm gonna be uber-busy this fall and won't be able to devote proper time to it.

LakerHater
08-03-2008, 09:56 PM
I'd like to get in!!

J.T.
08-31-2008, 03:39 PM
lol ATRAIN didn't draft a defense or a kicker and I got both Mannings.

monosylab1k
08-31-2008, 05:55 PM
FUCK I forgot the draft was today.

ATRAIN
09-01-2008, 12:44 AM
lol ATRAIN didn't draft a defense or a kicker and I got both Mannings.

LOL fuck it!!