PDA

View Full Version : LMAO sons ... Paul Pierce says hes the best player IN THE WORLD

BRHornet45
07-30-2008, 12:01 PM
lol I like him sons

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/Paul-Pierce-says-he-s-the-best-player-in-the-wor?urn=nba,96670

Finals MVP Paul Pierce, who recently spent three days at a ball camp in Madrid, is making, ahem, news about what he said to a Spanish reporter. The money translation, via RedsArmy: "Q: Is Kobe really the best player in the world? Pierce: I don't think Kobe is the best player. I'm the best player. There's a line that separates having confidence and being conceited. I don't cross that line but I have a lot of confidence in myself." Surprisingly, Spurs fans seem more upset by this than actual Lakers fans. (Update: OK, Lakers Nation is pretty upset, too.)

duncan228
07-30-2008, 12:02 PM
http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101869

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102212

BRHornet45
07-30-2008, 12:05 PM
http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101869

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102212

foolish me son. forgive my stupidity.

IronMexican
07-30-2008, 12:06 PM
They have a shout out to the Lakers site I post in:hat

IronMexican
07-30-2008, 12:44 PM
:[ it crashed our site.

Thousands of people clicking at once.:lol

MannyIsGod
07-30-2008, 01:08 PM
Son, wtf is going through Pierces head?

4everSpurFan
07-30-2008, 01:25 PM
Well he is a good player but best player probably not!!! Kb24 is the best player in todays game..PERIOD!

I hate the lakers but respect kb24 and his cockiness.. I would be the same way if I dominated the league like he does.

nkdlunch
07-30-2008, 01:28 PM
Lebron is clearly the best IMO. If Lebron had the supporting cast(not to mention the coach) that Kobe has? OMG forget about it.

1. Lebron
2. Kobe

IF Pierce is next, he is far behind those 2 so yeah, he is delusional.

ducks
07-30-2008, 01:50 PM
Lebron is clearly the best IMO. If Lebron had the supporting cast(not to mention the coach) that Kobe has? OMG forget about it.

1. Lebron
2. Kobe

:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lmao:lmao:rollin

lefty
07-30-2008, 02:01 PM

1. Lebron
2. Kobe

I agree

Texas_Ranger
07-30-2008, 02:09 PM
Pierce is not in top 10.

lefty
07-30-2008, 02:11 PM
Kobe: more talented than Pierce.

Pierce: more heart than Kobe has ever had

ducks
07-30-2008, 02:20 PM
Kobe: more talented than Pierce.

Pierce: more heart than Kobe has ever had

what did pierce every do with kg and allen?

what did kobe do by himself in the stack west
oh yeah make the playoffs and make noise

Brutalis
07-30-2008, 02:29 PM
A day late, a buck short

ThunderStix®
07-30-2008, 02:38 PM

1. Lebron
2. Kobe

I agree.

I feel that if Lebron ever had a supporting cast like Bryant or Pierce or Duncan, the Cavs would be unstoppable for years. Sort of like Jordan's Bulls.

I don't feel that he's as good as Michael Jordan, but the potential is there.

ducks
07-30-2008, 02:44 PM
I agree.

I feel that if Lebron ever had a supporting cast like Bryant or Pierce or Duncan, the Cavs would be unstoppable for years. Sort of like Jordan's Bulls.

I don't feel that he's as good as Michael Jordan, but the potential is there.

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

washingtonwizard
07-30-2008, 02:45 PM
Pierce is way off. like in another planet on this one.

Lebron is the best player alive.

Kobe might be alittle better in being clutch, better shooter and maybe a little better defender.
But then Lebron is way, way better in every other aspect of the game.

Let's not forget Lebron has accomplished decently with the Cavs, playing alongside Boobie Gibson, Eric Snow, Devin Brown, Ben Wallace and Delonte West :lol and the rest of the scrubs

and Cleveland coach is one of the worst playoff coaches in the league.

ducks
07-30-2008, 02:46 PM

Kobe might be alittle better in being clutch, better shooter and maybe a little better defender.
But then Lebron is way, way better in every other aspect of the game.

Let's not forget Lebron has accomplished decently with the Cavs, playing alongside Boobie Gibson, Eric Snow, Devin Brown, Ben Wallace and Delonte West :lol and the rest of the scrubs

yeah but lets not forget what the great cavs team faced before getting to the finals
NO ONE

ThunderStix®
07-30-2008, 02:51 PM
:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

I don't even like LeBron James, in fact, I hate him. But you're just being a hater.

Kobe has never carried a team thru the playoffs the way LeBron has. He needed Gasol to get the Finals this year.

I still think Kobe is a great player though. He's just second to LeBron.

That's my opinion.

washingtonwizard
07-30-2008, 02:54 PM
yeah but lets not forget what the great cavs team faced before getting to the finals
NO ONE

1. Wizards
2. Nets
3. Pistons

oh, BTW Damon Jones was a role player in that team... Damon fuckin Jones :lmao

Kobe would have had a seizure and died in front of LA media if they had him playing with that cast

ThunderStix®
07-30-2008, 02:56 PM
NO ONE

Detroit. And even if you don't consider them a real threat, so what? the Cavs came closer to beating the Celtics this year than the Lakers or the Pistons.

It took a miracle game from Paul Pierce for Boston to escape Cleveland in that game seven. LBJ nearly took down Celtics himself.

ducks
07-30-2008, 02:57 PM
So what? the Cavs came closer to beating the Celtics this yeat than the Lakers or the Pistons.

It took a miracle game from Paul Pierce for Boston to escape Cleveland in that game seven. LBJ nearly took down Celtics himself.

:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

washingtonwizard
07-30-2008, 02:57 PM
So what? the Cavs came closer to beating the Celtics this year than the Lakers or the Pistons.

he had 45 points to Pierce's 41

oh and I too hate, hate LBJ. but gotta be realistic

ThunderStix®
07-30-2008, 02:58 PM
he had 45 points to Pierce's 41

I know that. That is why I said LeBron nearly took down Boston himself

xtremesteven33
07-30-2008, 03:01 PM
1. Lebron
2. Kobe
3. Duncan (people underestimate the greatness/intelligence of this man)
4. C Paul

ThunderStix®
07-30-2008, 03:03 PM
1. Lebron
2. Kobe
3. Duncan (people underestimate the greatness/intelligence of this man)
4. C Paul

:tu I think that is a pretty accurate list.

TheNextGen
07-30-2008, 03:18 PM

Kobe might be alittle better in being clutch, better shooter and maybe a little better defender.But then Lebron is way, way better in every other aspect of the game.

LOL at the bold part...so what does that leave Lebron better at? Passing?

xtremesteven33
07-30-2008, 03:23 PM

better...

-team player
-team leader
-passer
-driver/slasher
-body size/build

and younger....which is the scary part

1Parker1
07-30-2008, 03:24 PM
Paul Pierce isn't even a better player than CP3. :lol

Lebron is without a doubt the best player in the league today.

ThunderStix®
07-30-2008, 03:27 PM
better...

-team player
-team leader
-passer
-driver/slasher
-body size/build

:depressed :lol

washingtonwizard
07-30-2008, 03:29 PM

- Faster
- Stronger
- Better BBall IQ(already :wow)
- passer
- rebounder
- leader (like xremes said)
- teammate
- ballhandling
- dunking

TheNextGen
07-30-2008, 03:31 PM
better...

-team player
-team leader
-passer
-driver/slasher
-body size/build

Omg..driver / slasher! watch out now! Yah those attributes are scary. :lmao

TheNextGen
07-30-2008, 03:32 PM
- Faster
- Stronger
- Better BBall IQ(already :wow)
- passer
- rebounder
- leader (like xremes said)
- teammate
- ballhandling
- dunking

BETTER BALL HANDLING? BETTER POST PLAYER? LOL..are you guys dilusional.

washingtonwizard
07-30-2008, 03:35 PM
BETTER BALL HANDLING? BETTER POST PLAYER? LOL..are you guys dilusional.

so in your mind bball skill is comprised of only: shooting, defense and clutchness :lol

sounds to me, too much NBA Live

well then, picture this, let's say you are playing Kobe in NBA Live and you put in a cheat code to make Kobe much faster, much stronger and much bigger( = Lebron James). Improvement much? :lol

TheNextGen
07-30-2008, 03:43 PM
so in your mind bball skill is comprised of only: shooting, defense and clutchness :lol

sounds to me, too much NBA Live

well then, picture this, let's say you are playing Kobe in NBA Live and you put in a cheat code to make Kobe much faster, much stronger and much bigger( = Lebron James). Improvement much? :lol

Shooting, Defense, Passing and clutchness is the MAIN ATTRIBUTES. If you want to add Slashing (lol) then fine....while we're at it,

lets add
-who ties thier shoe the best
-who can talk smack better
-who can twirl the ball longer on thier finger

Give me a break..

#1 Kobe is a better ball handler
#2 Kobe is better on the post. Lebron dont even wanna back his player up.

Ill give you passing...heck ill give you team leadership (even if Kobe got MVP this yr and like lebron, took thier team to the finals and had #1 standings in the competitive west), but dont give us bullcrap that Lebron is better in handling and posting up. Only think Lebron can do is dunk.

nkdlunch
07-30-2008, 03:51 PM
Only think Lebron can do is dunk.

:lmao

you forget the most important attribute when it comes to best player:
Lebron has the basketball IQ to run a team. Lebron has ability to make his teammates better. Kobe cannot do that, never will. Because of this, Lebron is closer to Jordan level than Kobe IMO

TheNextGen
07-30-2008, 03:58 PM
:lmao

you forget the most important attribute when it comes to best player:
Lebron has the basketball IQ to run a team. Lebron has ability to make his teammates better. Kobe cannot do that, never will. Because of this, Lebron is closer to Jordan level than Kobe IMO

Interesting...

-#1 in the competetive West.
-2008 MVP.
-Made it to the Finals (like Lebron)

now for Jordan Level..Jordan can shoot. Jordan can Post. Jordan can play Defense. Things Lebron cant do.

:hat

TheMadHatter
07-30-2008, 04:00 PM
So getting the League MVP and taking your team to the Finals and the #1 spot in the WC despite having multiple injuries to key players all season long DIDN'T require ANY LEADERSHIP? 8 players on the Lakers shot a career high in FG% last year, if that's not making your fucking teammates better I don't know what is.

Lebron is better than Kobe at bull-dozing his way to the basket. That's it. Kobe has the edge in terms of shooting, ball-handling, posting up, clutchness, and just overall basketball IQ. This can very well change as Lebron gets older, time will tell.

nkdlunch
07-30-2008, 04:00 PM
Interesting...

-#1 in the competetive West.
-2008 MVP.
-Made it to the Finals (like Lebron)

now for Jordan Level..Jordan can shoot. Jordan can Post. Jordan can play Defense. Riiiiight.

:hat

So getting the League MVP and taking your team to the Finals and the #1 spot in the WC despite having multiple injuries to key players all season long DIDN'T require ANY LEADERSHIP? 8 players on the Lakers shot a career high in FG% last year, if that's not making your fucking teammates better I don't know what is.

Lebron is better than Kobe at bull-dozing his way to the basket. That's it. Kobe has the edge in terms of shooting, ball-handling, posting up, clutchness, and just overall basketball IQ. This can very well change as Lebron gets older, time will tell.

Kobe has Pau Gasol, Lamar Odom, Derek Fisher, Radmanovic and many other damn good players. Lakers team is loaded like no other. Look at Cavs team. :rolleyes

Lebron's cavs took Celtics to 7 games. How many did Kobe's Lakers?

WildcardManu
07-30-2008, 04:03 PM
Pierce just put a big bullseye on his ass for next season.

TheNextGen
07-30-2008, 04:04 PM
Kobe has Pau Gasol, Lamar Odom, Derek Fisher, Radmanovic and many other damn good players. Lakers team is loaded like no other. Look at Cavs team. :rolleyes

nkdlunch lost all credibility as soon as he named Radmanovic. Lets add Sasha and Coby Karl to the list while we're at it.

ThunderStix®
07-30-2008, 04:05 PM

Spot on. Except for the Radmanovic part. :lol

nkdlunch
07-30-2008, 04:06 PM
Poster lost all credibility as soon as he named Radmanovic. Lets ad Sasha and Coby Karl while we're at it.

Vujacic would get a LOT of minutes in the Spurs. So would Farmar, Radmanovic and most of lakers bench.

TheNextGen
07-30-2008, 04:08 PM
Vujacic would get a LOT of minutes in the Spurs. So would Farmar, Radmanovic and most of lakers bench.

and this explains why the spurs needs to do some off season moves.

hater
07-30-2008, 04:09 PM
yeah, Lakers are so loaded. It makes me sick to my stomach!! :pctoss

not to mention Bynum is coming back. Noone can deny Kobe gets a LOT of help. Much more help than Jordan or Lebron ever did.

TheNextGen
07-30-2008, 04:11 PM
yeah, Lakers are so loaded. It makes me sick to my stomach!! :pctoss

not to mention Bynum is coming back. Noone can deny Kobe gets a LOT of help. Much more help than Jordan or Lebron ever did.

LOL...the Lakers got Gasol last year. Pretty much the same cast and crew that we spurs fans we're laughing at the year before...all of a sudden they are loaded now. :rollin

bus driver
07-30-2008, 04:15 PM
lol
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/Paul-Pierce-says-he-s-the-best-player-in-the-wor?urn=nba,96670
Surprisingly, Spurs fans seem more upset by this than actual Lakers fans. (Update: OK, Lakers Nation is pretty upset, too.)

did i miss something? why as a spurs fan am i upset about what a celtic says about a laker? how does this affect spurs fans???

xtremesteven33
07-30-2008, 04:16 PM
IQ-kobe
ballhandling-kobe
postup-kobe
drivein/slash-lebron
leadership-lebron
team player-lebron
passing-lebron
shooting-kobe
decision making-toss up, slight edge to lebron (unselfish enough to make the extra pass)
defense-Kobe, although Lebron has done VERY well against kobe one on one before.

KB24 MVP
07-30-2008, 04:22 PM
Pierce just put a big bullseye on his ass for next season.

Totally agree with you i would like 2 see his ass gettin owned by Kobe when they meet this upcominng season not 2 mention the other westpowerhouses.
Just because hes the finals MVP hes the best he needed 2 all stars 2 do all that and struggled along the way

TheNextGen
07-30-2008, 04:23 PM
IQ-kobe
ballhandling-kobe
postup-kobe
drivein/slash-lebron
leadership-lebron
team player-lebron
passing-lebron
shooting-kobe
decision making-toss up, slight edge to lebron (unselfish enough to make the extra pass)
defense-Kobe, although Lebron has done VERY well against kobe one on one before.

This looks more reasonable. :toast

Galileo
07-30-2008, 04:27 PM
This is a joke for a Spurs Board! Tim Duncan is the best player in the league. He's coming off 10 straight 13 rebound games, a triple double, and the best season EVER for the Spurs in an even-numbered year. And he opened the playoffs with one of thee greatest playoff performances of all times, 40 points, 16-24 from floor, 15 boards, 5 assists, 3 blocks, and the greatest THREE in history!

The next best player is Lebron, then the rest.

IronMexican
07-30-2008, 04:27 PM
Detroit. And even if you don't consider them a real threat, so what? the Cavs came closer to beating the Celtics this year than the Lakers or the Pistons.

You know LeBron did nothing in that series till like the last 2 games?

LeBron might finally become the greatest player in the league this year though.

but LeBron did not do it by himself, he was shooting in the teens at one point that series.

TheNextGen
07-30-2008, 04:29 PM

but LeBron did not do it by himself, he was shooting in the teens at one point that series.

wow..i totally forgot about that.

IronMexican
07-30-2008, 04:35 PM
One would actually make that case, that is Lebron played mediocore, the Cavs would have won.

wisnub
07-30-2008, 04:46 PM
This is why I dont like Paul Pierce....Pierce like to talk trash and shit just like most (not all) Eastern players do. If you take a close look than u will notice it.He just got his one ring and already act like he own the world. I didnt remember when Spurs got rings they said they're the best,they always praise the opponent and said it was a difficult one. In general, trash talk is not that popular in the West. If you examine western players,its rare to find such statements and almost certain the one who said it is the one without championship belt. I see Lebron is much mature and better player compare to Pierce. I got hard time finding statement where he trashtalk somebody and he did it with such young age. Although Im Spurs fan,but I think Lebron or Kobe is the best player in the world (I want to say DUncan is the best though)

Tully365
07-30-2008, 04:51 PM
Pierce must be the greatest-- just look at all those 30+ win seasons he led the Celtics to before getting KG and Allen.

xtremesteven33
07-30-2008, 04:54 PM
talkin trash is fun. you all mean to tell me you never talk trash when you are playin ball?

he knows Kobe/Lebron is the best but he likes to talk a little trash and theres nothing wrong with that. before it was "you havent won anything so you dont have a right"

now what??

ThunderStix®
07-30-2008, 04:54 PM

I know about his troubles thru the first five games, but the reason the Cavs won games three and four was because the Celtics still had to respect LeBron's driving ability which lead to opportunities for his teammates.

LeBron still makes his teammates better than Kobe does in my opinion. And I believe the Cavs would have beaten the Celtics in six had LBJ shot better early on.

The Cavs should have won game one.

Still, no disrespect to Kobe. He's an amazing player that me and most fans would love to have on their team. :toast

TheNextGen
07-30-2008, 04:56 PM
I know about his troubles thru the first five games, but the reason the Cavs won games three and four was because the Celtics still had to respect LeBron's driving ability which lead to opportunities for his teammates.

LeBron still makes his teammates better than Kobe does in my opinion. And I believe the Cavs would have beaten the Celtics in six had LBJ shot better early on.

The Cavs should have won game one.

Still, no disrespect to Kobe. He's an amazing player that me and most fans would love to have on their team. :toast

Making teammates better is so overrated. :p:
Lebron maybe better at it, but Kobe is making his teammates better aswell...atleast last year he was.

IronMexican
07-30-2008, 05:18 PM
Sometimes You don't have a team to make better.

Suddenly Kobe is a team player, now that he has the team to be that.

It's all about the people around you.

Killakobe81
07-30-2008, 05:23 PM
Celtics are NOT classy like the Spurs ...TD has more class in his left nut than Pierce has in his whole body ...but he won so he can talk for now ...

rj215
07-30-2008, 05:53 PM
Celtics are NOT classy like the Spurs ...TD has more class in his left nut than Pierce has in his whole body ...but he won so he can talk for now ...

+1

Best players right now IMHO:

1. Kobe -- most complete game
2. Lebron -- most talent?
3. Timmy -- best leader and defensive presence in the post
4. CP3 -- best point guard
5. Dwight Howard -- best rebounder + loads of upside

DynastyBuilder
07-30-2008, 05:59 PM
sons, has this son Pierce become one of the biggest douche bags in the league or what.

bostonguy
07-30-2008, 07:39 PM
While Pierce is just running his mouth, the guy is a legit superstar. He isnt on the level of guys like Lebron or Duncan but the guy is a superstar. You cant shut him down. He is too good and too strong. He gets to the ft line at will and his D is pretty fucking solid. The guy was underrated for a large portion of his career due to having shit around him. He was the bright spot for all the shitty years Boston had. He showed just how good he really is when he has help.

ThunderStix®
07-30-2008, 07:42 PM
While Pierce is just running his mouth, the guy is a legit superstar. He isnt on the level of guys like Lebron or Duncan but the guy is a superstar. You cant shut him down. He is too good and too strong. He gets to the ft line at will and his D is pretty fucking solid. The guy was underrated for a large portion of his career due to having shit around him. He was the bright spot for all the shitty years Boston had. He showed just how good he really is when he has help.

:tu Fair enough.

barbacoataco
07-30-2008, 07:49 PM
I watched the Finals (which was pretty lame) and I can see where Pierce gets off talking trash. He did outplay kobe on both sides of the court. Lakers fans will say that Kobe was double and triple teamed, but even when Pierce defended him one on one he simply outplayed him. Of course maybe it was a fluke, but Pierce has been in the league for awhile. Does this make Pierce the greatest player in the world? Right now he's on the top of the hill until someone knocks him off.

jag
07-30-2008, 07:51 PM
Kobe is the most talented player in the world. Lebron doesn't even have a consistent 15 footer...at one point in the postseason the guy shot 2-30.

DynastyBuilder
07-30-2008, 09:06 PM
Pierce is great but IMO he isn't even the greatest player on his own team.

Tully365
07-31-2008, 12:40 AM
Celtics are NOT classy like the Spurs ...TD has more class in his left nut than Pierce has in his whole body ...

Classy way to put it. Is his right nut the rebellious one that breaks the rules and acts unclassy?

Spurtacus
07-31-2008, 12:44 AM
Pierce must like his nickname. But he's full of shit.

mystargtr34
07-31-2008, 09:24 AM
What poeple seem to forget is that an equally large factor to LeBrons offensive impact in the Cavs success is their team defense. If you look at the numbers, given all of LeBrons offensive 'greatness' they are still an average offensive team.

Its there defense that sets them apart from most other teams, so lets not go over board here in crowning LeBron the greatest human being to ever take a shit because the cavs went to finals, the D was just as big a factor.

Why not make the case, if Kobe's supporting cast played the type of defense that the Cavs did, imagine what Kobe could do.

Not takin sides, just sayin.