PDA

View Full Version : Team US Scouting Report of Spanoulis/Greece

Kill_Bill_Pana
07-30-2008, 01:09 PM
Remember Spanoulis is offer contract at qualify tournament in Athens by Spurs and he is not make decision until after Olympia. This can help explain that I have say only true things and that Spurs needs such great player if can get him. If they is not smart enough give him promises he needs they are stupid and PAO we will keep him and he will become greatest Europe has had.

You can see from what Team US scout leader say he understand full well ability of this player and what NBA fans says especially the Rockets ones is all lies. We will see if Spurs is willing make promises to Billy he need to come.

http://sports.e-go.gr/article.asp?catid=8245&subid=2&tag=6371&pubid=1226646

Here is FIBA translation for non Greek speakers (they have better English than me)

During the Olympic qualifying tournament in Athens Tony Ronzoni was there to evaluate or spy the Greek team, sent officially by USA Basketball. He gave a short interview to some media and here are some interesting points:

"This Greek team is better than 2006 but this time we are working to be well prepared. The Greek players are playing such a long time together that they have developed an incredible chemistry with each other. That is the job of an excellent coach. There are about 10 equal players within the team and each and every one of them can take the lead at any moment during the game. I was very impressed with the plain mentality that all players as a priority try to pass the ball to secure an easy hit. This is great. Our team has to work on that, most of our players are thinking in NBA terms and they try to finish themselves.

Our players of course are very athletic and very good on one to one but sometimes this style of offense can be premature. I believe we should follow carefully the style of the Greek team as I believe it has become a basketball school with it's own style with every new generation of player getting better. In defense the Greek team has this unique ability to apply an extreme full pressing in all areas with devastating effect to the opponents. They do that superbly without any sign of stress or fear. I believe that Greece will use this defense against Spain or Argentina.

In offense the best of Greece is the perimeter. Spanoulis has improved a lot during the last two years he is two years older and two years better. He can play in any team in the NBA any time he wants to. I do not understand why he refused a contract from San Antonio Spurs last year. He seems not to be afraid of anyone. Diamantidis as well belongs to the NBA. Papaloukas however is the leader of the team whilst Zisis is an extremely mature player. The only disadvantage of the Greek team is that there are not many substitutes for the position 4. Fotsis has passed his game to another level but still this position has not many other options like the rest. All the players they seem to be in incredible form but I want to speak about young Vasilopoulos who is becoming an awesome player.

He has been offer contract by Spurs at games in Athens as is report earlier. He is not to make decision until after Olympia. Spurs fans keeps this in mind and remember what Team US scout director say about level of this player. Everything I say of him is true and if some European fans here say different they is nothing but haters or do not know game at all. Of course all players in this elite level of Spanoulis has these haters.

Mister Sinister
07-30-2008, 01:10 PM
In a related story, my lunch for the day was a *tasty* burger.

coopdogg3
07-30-2008, 01:14 PM
I had a refreshing beverage.

ChumpDumper
07-30-2008, 01:18 PM
I don't believe anyone who doesn't know what country he is in.

monkeypunk
07-30-2008, 02:57 PM
Come on over, VSpan! You'll get all the PT you can handle (as long as you play D...) and imagine how that ring (those rings :)... )is going to look next to all of your other accomplishments!

Just get over here already!

sandman
07-30-2008, 03:12 PM
Remember kids: Read all Kill Bill posts with a Borat accent for better comprehension. Trust me, it will make more sense...

Obstructed_View
07-30-2008, 03:54 PM
And it's so rare that someone says something nice about Vagisilis, it deserves to be crossposted. Good think KPB can cut and paste with one hand...

WildcardManu
07-30-2008, 04:06 PM
So, technically the Spurs gave away Scola for free? The article says Span can sign with any team he wants in the NBA meaning the Spurs don't have his rights. Is this true?

DaDakota
07-30-2008, 04:08 PM
Uh - huh......where are you exactly Kill Bill?

DD

Kill_Bill_Pana
07-30-2008, 04:27 PM
So, technically the Spurs gave away Scola for free? The article says Span can sign with any team he wants in the NBA meaning the Spurs don't have his rights. Is this true?

They have verbal agreement. He must inform Spurs of any offer and if he is want take it then they would have chance also get him and he would go with Spurs then.

Reason Spurs offer him contract is because Wizards offer him contract and agreement is Spanoulis must give Spurs chance first to get him. Wizards offer MLE but they change it to $3 millions only because Arenas cost more than they except when they first contact Spanoulis.

Spanoulis agent inform Spurs of this and they want him instead so they make offer. It seem though Spurs offer is much less than Wizards offer because they already use MLE on player Mason.

Again for Spanoulis take such huge pay cut from Greece he must have promises from Spurs.

Tully365
07-30-2008, 04:47 PM
I also had a yummy burger and a tasty beverage. It was so good that I probably might've eaten too fast and now there is just the slightest hint of indigestion poised to make an appearance. But just a hint. I like swimming. I think it would be fun to have a pet llama.

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-30-2008, 04:50 PM
Have any of you guys tried the Steakhouse at BK? I recommend it. :tu

DPG21920
07-30-2008, 04:54 PM

You must want to die young!

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-30-2008, 04:57 PM
You must want to die young!

Oh, it's worth it.

JamStone
He might even be as good as Sarunas Jasikevicius

DPG21920
shittttttttttttt

ThunderStix®
07-30-2008, 04:59 PM
Remember kids: Read all Kill Bill posts with a Borat accent for better comprehension. Trust me, it will make more sense...

Please, make this Greek troll go away. :)

ThunderStix®
07-30-2008, 05:01 PM

I love the Loaded Steakhouse Burger from BK. One of the best burgers I've ever had. Very filling too.

ThunderStix®
07-30-2008, 05:02 PM
Oh, it's worth it.

Definitely. :lol

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-30-2008, 05:03 PM
:tu

DPG21920
07-30-2008, 05:03 PM
To be honest, if there is any truth to this I would not mind. The Spurs need to re-up their defense and add some more scoring. If we essentially trade Vaughn (moved to IR)/Finley/Stoudamire for Mason/Hill/Spanoulis that vastly improves our defense and at worst gives us the same shooting abilities with more ball handling. Not to bad.

Ocotillo
07-30-2008, 05:05 PM
I want V-Span!

DPG21920
07-30-2008, 05:07 PM
You guys are crazy for eating that!

http://dietfacts.com/html/nutrition-facts/burger-king-steakhouse-b52744.htm

ThunderStix®
07-30-2008, 05:19 PM
You guys are crazy for eating that!

http://dietfacts.com/html/nutrition-facts/burger-king-steakhouse-b52744.htm

Oh well, I don't like the World anyways. :lol

DPG21920
07-30-2008, 05:20 PM
Oh well, I don't like the World anyways. :lol

Ha...I love this world.

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-30-2008, 05:20 PM
The loaded one comes with steak sauce and bacon? The regular only comes with barbecue sauce.

Looks like I'm gonna have to cough up another dollar.

DPG21920
07-30-2008, 05:23 PM
Having one every once and a while is ok, but I can not imagine eating one on a regular basis. But when I do decide to eat a fast food burger, BK is the best. Besides Whataburger.

DPG21920
07-30-2008, 05:24 PM
Bottom, what do you think about what I said about adding Span? You agree or disagree?

ThunderStix®
07-30-2008, 05:27 PM
Bottom, what do you think about what I said about adding Span? You agree or disagree?

I am never going to give a serious reply to anything Kill Bill Idiot ever posts again thank you. ;)

He might as well be a troll in my opinion.

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-30-2008, 05:32 PM

I would agree, but then we would have an unusually small backcourt.

Parker 6-2 / Hill 6-2 / Vaughn 6-1
Mason 6-5 / Manu 6-6 / Spanoulis 6-3

If we had made the move before we signed Roger, it would've made some sense. But now, there would be too much of a height disadvantage.

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-30-2008, 05:34 PM
Having one every once and a while is ok, but I can not imagine eating one on a regular basis. But when I do decide to eat a fast food burger, BK is the best. Besides Whataburger.

Those are my two favorite places too. :tu

Kill_Bill_Pana
07-30-2008, 05:36 PM
He might even be as good as Sarunas Jasikevicius

:lol

Spanoulis is better see for yourself the true thing. These is better in offense stats and of course defense is not even close. Saras is very bad defense even in Greek league he is consider one of worst defenders in league. Spanoulis is consider second best defender in league after Diamantidis and Diamantidis is rank as one of best defenders in world in perimeter same as Prince, Battier, Bowen.

http://www.paobc.gr/scorers.php?category_id=132

1. Vassilis Spanoulis 436

2. Sarunas Jasikevicius 389

assists

http://www.paobc.gr/asists.php?category_id=135

1. Vassilis Spanoulis 161

2. Dimitris Diamantidis 131

3. Sarunas Jasikevicius 118

scorers

http://www.paobc.gr/points.php?category_id=138

1. Vassilis Spanoulis 123

2. Dimitris Diamantidis 86

3. Mike Batiste 58

4. Sarunas Jasikevicius 51

As can see Spanoulis is king of Panathinaikos. And before you say these other players are bad you need consider some thing of how good Spanoulis is.

Jasikevicius is very overrate player for sure in Europe I know this but he is still NBA capable player (by this I mean could be in NBA roster). He have games of 28 points against USA and 27 points against USA and also 25 points against USA and 22 points against USA. Yes is true thing Europe fans is always really overrate him but still player who can do this is at least able make NBA roster and stay there if he want for less money.

As can see Spanoulis better than him in PAO.

Diamantidis - as can see Spanoulis is better than him in PAO and this should speak on own terms. 6-5 point guard with the 7-0 wingspan and 40 inch vertical and 4 straight time Euroleague defender of year.

IqhWhvovB80

Batiste - also can see Spanoulis better than him in PAO. This is very good level player also. 6-8 power forward with the 7-2 wingspan and 40 inch vertical. he play very well against Spurs and Rockets last year in pre season you can look at box scores if not believe me. Also can see for self what type of player this is.

IBMtsGotIp8

You are just basketball fan that know nothing about game unless is NBA. You believe all retard things like NBA is everything of basketball world. But you is so very wrong. Spanoulis is franchise player in team with these kind of players he is so much better than most American ballers in NBA are.

Kill_Bill_Pana
07-30-2008, 05:38 PM
I would agree, but then we would have an unusually small backcourt.

Parker 6-2 / Hill 6-2 / Vaughn 6-1
Mason 6-5 / Manu 6-6 / Spanoulis 6-3

If we had made the move before we signed Roger, it would've made some sense. But now, there would be too much of a height disadvantage.

Spanoulis is 6-4 with shoes though.

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-30-2008, 05:40 PM
Spanoulis is 6-4 with shoes though.

Either way, still a height disadvantage.

If we sign another swingman, he should be at least 6-6.

DPG21920
07-30-2008, 05:42 PM
I can not see Span playing too much at the 2 spot. He will primarily be Tony's back up at the pg position.

DPG21920
07-30-2008, 05:42 PM
More like:

Parker/Span/Hill

Ginobili/Mason/Udoka

DPG21920
07-30-2008, 05:43 PM
That looks good to me, because Udoka can also be added into the 3 spot on the depth chart.

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-30-2008, 05:45 PM
That may work, but I'm still skeptical about the backcourt only having one player that's at least 6-6.

DPG21920
07-30-2008, 05:48 PM
There are not that many teams with massive back courts. Detroit, Utah...

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-30-2008, 05:50 PM
True dat.

But if Spanoulis came up to the Spurs and asked them for the LLE or rest of the MLE, I would probably say yes. They would have to adjust a lot in the matchups but there aren't many swings out there. So yes, I'd sign Spanoulis.

DPG21920
07-30-2008, 05:55 PM
We don't have his bird rights, so I think that is all he would be able to get. If he is willing to come over for that and is motivated, that could work out nicely for our back court.

All this hinges on if this has any truth to it though. The fact that they have an "agreement" says to me that it is probably b.s.

Joe Schmoogins
07-30-2008, 08:11 PM

In N Out is most definitely the best. If you are ever in cali you have to try it.

ata
07-30-2008, 09:07 PM
@KBP: So posting this in Basketball forum is not enough. You have to spam here also

mavs>spurs2
07-30-2008, 09:24 PM
watching these shitty euro videos is like watching basketball in slow motion

Biggems
07-30-2008, 09:28 PM

you either discover a star or you dont, you arrogant punk!!!:lmao

xcomp
07-30-2008, 09:34 PM
:lol

Spanoulis is better see for yourself the true thing. These is better in offense stats and of course defense is not even close. Saras is very bad defense even in Greek league he is consider one of worst defenders in league. Spanoulis is consider second best defender in league after Diamantidis and Diamantidis is rank as one of best defenders in world in perimeter same as Prince, Battier, Bowen.

You are just basketball fan that know nothing about game unless is NBA. You believe all retard things like NBA is everything of basketball world. But you is so very wrong. Spanoulis is franchise player in team with these kind of players he is so much better than most American ballers in NBA are.

The proof is in the hot dog! (http://www.sportsradio610.com/episode_download.php?contentType=36&contentId=250443)

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-30-2008, 09:35 PM
you either discover a star or you dont, you arrogant punk!!!:lmao

:lol That commercial is awesome.

Biggems
07-30-2008, 09:35 PM
More like:

Parker/Span/Hill

Ginobili/Mason/Udoka

what happens to Vaughn? do we cut him or trade him?

How about sign Span, Luke Jackson, Hill, and Gist. Trade Bonner for a 2nd and cash to either GS, Tor, or NY and sign Elton Brown (of course this one will be very difficult, as I really dont see anyone wanting Bonner, but we can hope).

Parker, Span, Hill
Manu, Mason, Jackson
Bowen, Udoka, Gist
Duncan, Oberto, Tolliver
Thomas, Ian, Brown

Then if we have to, we can send Hill, Gist, and Tolliver to Austin to get some consistent minutes while working in our system and bring them up later in the year.

DPG21920
07-30-2008, 11:39 PM
In my scenario Vaughn is on Injury Reserve (spots 13-15 on the roster).

DPG21920
07-30-2008, 11:40 PM
In N Out is most definitely the best. If you are ever in cali you have to try it.

I hear about that all the time. Everyone always talks about in N out burger.

duncan228
07-30-2008, 11:43 PM
I hear about that all the time. Everyone always talks about in N out burger.

There's a reason they do, In N Out burgers are great. And burgers are all they do, there's no chicken or fish or anything else. Just burgers, fries, and drinks.

DaDakota
07-31-2008, 12:27 AM
V-Span has to be tougher if he wants to play in the NBA.

Sure he was screwed over by JVG, but he ran and hid like a little baby....I am sure he is happy as a big fish in a little pond in Greece rather than playing as a backup in the NBA.

DD

jason1301
07-31-2008, 12:37 AM
V-Span has to pull the panties out of his vagina if he wants to play in the NBA.

Sure he was screwed over by JVG, but he ran and hid like a little girl....I am sure he is happy as a big fish in a little pond in Greece rather than playing as a backup in the NBA.

DD

Greeks don't like to leave Greece in the first place. Take it from a Greek in California.

He played in the NBA for one year and he felt its not worth all the sacrifices he was making. Greeks are very family oriented poeple, they like to stay at the place the grew up. As a foreigner in this Country I understand how he felt.

And let's be honest playing big minutes and being the leader in a big European team is not bad. Plus he gets paid more and has more fun in Athens on and off the court.

Joe Schmoogins
07-31-2008, 02:21 AM
There's a reason they do, In N Out burgers are great. And burgers are all they do, there's no chicken or fish or anything else. Just burgers, fries, and drinks.

they keep it simple and it's beautiful!