PDA

View Full Version : Part of Hornets schedule released...where is ours?!

Man of Steel
07-30-2008, 09:45 PM
I was surprised to see the following details on a Hornets website. My only question--have they released our partial schedule yet and if not--why release NO's schedule:

Hornets News
Written by John Marie
Wednesday, 30 July 2008 18:24
Notes on the Hornets' 2008-09 regular season schedule to be released next week:

Home Opener is November 1st against Cleveland.

Hornets open on road at Golden State and then at Phoenix.

Nov. 12th at home vs Lakers

Dec. 23rd at home vs Lakers

Feb. 11th at home vs Boston

Dec. 26th at home vs Houston

Regular season finale will be a Sunday afternoon game against Dallas.

duncan228
07-30-2008, 09:48 PM
spurschick posted this earlier, the schedule should be out in early August:

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102242

Matt Winick does a juggling act making out the schedule
By Mike Baldwin
Staff Writer

Matt Winick spends six months compiling the NBA schedule.

Winick juggles games around concerts, the NHL, a rodeo or a circus. This season, he must work around Oklahoma City hosting the Big 12 men's and women's basketball tournaments at the Ford Center in March. The Blazers and Yard Dawgz will factor into the process, too.

"We have 1,230 games,” said Winick, the NBA's vice president of operations who has drawn up NBA schedules for 24 years. "It's like a puzzle with 1,230 pieces. They all have to fit. It's extremely complicated. At times during the process it can be frustrating.”

Winick starts in February. Teams supply at least 50 to 60 available dates. Six months later, the final schedule is completed.

Because of the Sonics' uncertain home base, Winick worked with two different schedules the first five months, one for Seattle and one for Oklahoma City. The uncertainty ended July 2 when team chairman Clay Bennett announced the Sonics were relocating to Oklahoma City.

The NBA schedule traditionally is announced the first week of August. Winick said he's about "three or four days behind” his usual pace.

"Oklahoma City is part of it,” Winick said. "Some other arenas have been part of it. But there are a number of factors. Free agency is part of it, because it affects some television matchups we have to move around.”
The Sonics relocating to Oklahoma City, combined with Vancouver's move to Memphis five years ago, has given Winick less flexibility when East Coast teams are sent to the West Coast. But now there is more flexibility when teams head south.

In previous years, some teams would play the Mavericks, Rockets and Spurs in one road swing. Winick can now rotate in Oklahoma City, Memphis and New Orleans with the Texas trio.

"It's more of a challenge with the Pacific and Mountain time zones,” Winick said. "But it's opened up possibilities with six teams in that geographic region. We can even tie in a trip with Atlanta.

"Oklahoma City, in and of itself, has not been the cause for the delay. I think we'll get this done soon. But I've been through this enough sometimes you have a hard time scheduling those last two or three games. We're getting close.”

http://newsok.com/article/3275713

exstatic
07-30-2008, 10:49 PM
Stern working furiously to keep us OFF of TV. It's not an easy job.

ducks
07-30-2008, 10:54 PM
now houston will be on tv more then spurs

SequSpur
07-30-2008, 11:10 PM
now houston will be on tv more then spurs

you're dumb, do you know that?

DPG21920
07-30-2008, 11:23 PM
I guess that whole re-vamping the divisions is out the window? What division will OKC be in?

ducks
07-30-2008, 11:54 PM
you're dumb, do you know that?

watch
with ron now in houston
with ming there national coverage for china
I bet houston gets more national tv coverage then spurs

timvp
07-30-2008, 11:57 PM
The scheduling in the WCF gets a lot of pub but last year's March schedule might have been just as detrimental. By the end of the month, the record number of games had robbed Manu of basically all of his energy and that began the downward slope into his end of the season injury and the injury in the playoffs. That many games that late in the season was just ridiculous.

ducks
07-31-2008, 12:10 AM
stern had to stay awake 3 days for that schedule

your_pimp
07-31-2008, 05:08 AM
Don't expect too much exposure bitches...

You are boring as hell!!!

your_pimp
07-31-2008, 05:09 AM
The scheduling in the WCF gets a lot of pub but last year's March schedule might have been just as detrimental. By the end of the month, the record number of games had robbed Manu of basically all of his energy and that began the downward slope into his end of the season injury and the injury in the playoffs. That many games that late in the season was just ridiculous.
:sleep:sleep :cry