PDA

View Full Version : Manu Ginobili scored 15 points ,which included two explosive dunks

ducks
07-31-2008, 12:00 AM
Manu Ginobili scored 15 points ,which included two explosive dunks, to help lead Argentina over Iran 81-71 on Tuesday

By Fiba.com

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

NANJING (Olympics) – Luis Scola scored 23 points and Carlos Delfino 18 to power Argentina past Iran on Tuesday at the FIBA Diamond Ball for Men.

But the defending Olympic champions showed in their 81-71 win they still have plenty of cobwebs to get rid of before the start of the Beijing Games.

The South Americans also got 15 points – including four on a pair of explosive dunks – from Manu Ginobili.

“I’m happy that I was able to dunk a couple of times, the first time in a long while,” said Ginobili, who was a big doubt with an ankle injury earlier this summer after getting hurt in the NBA play-offs.

“I’m still lacking the rhythm of the team and I’ve still got a long way to go.”

Argentina coach Sergio Hernandez has been encouraged by the progress made by Ginobili this summer, but he has real concerns about the point guard spot.

Tau Ceramica star Pablo Prigioni led the team to a silver medal last summer at the FIBA Americas Championship with his backup Antonio Porta, but the latter missed most of the 2007-08 season with a knee injury and against Iran he went down in agony in the fourth quarter after turning his ankle.

Argentina’s team doctors called the injury a minor sprain.

Iran have found the going tough all summer but Rajko Toroman’s team have clearly improved and they battled from start to finish against Argentina.

They led for much of the first half before falling behind midway through the second quarter and went to the changing rooms behind 42-35.

Argentina went up by as many as 17 points but Iran refused to go away and managed to cut the deficit to 72-62 with five minutes remaining.

They would end up closing the gap to nine but got no closer.

The Iranians got 20 points from center Hamed Ehadadi and 18 from Samad Nikkhahbahrami.

Javad Davari scored 14 and came up with three steals for Iran but the Asian champions were undone by 24 turnovers compared to just 17 for Argentina.

For Argentina, Scola scored 13 of his 15 first-half points in the opening quarter.

Fabricio Oberto had eight points but fouled out in the third quarter while Andres Nocioni scored five and grabbed four rebounds.

Nocioni guarded Samad – the toughest defensive assignment on the night.

http://www.ticket760.com/cc-common/news/sections/sportsarticle.html?feed=162470&article=4027263

Sense
07-31-2008, 12:01 AM
they won by 10?

against probably the easiest team to beat?

ducks
07-31-2008, 12:02 AM
they suck this year

E20
07-31-2008, 12:02 AM
I dont' get it.

Spurtacus
07-31-2008, 12:46 AM
They only won by 10 points??? Was this 1 on 5 ball?

midgetonadonkey
07-31-2008, 12:49 AM
Manu is a selfish prick for risking further injury.

Trainwreck2100
07-31-2008, 12:51 AM
Iran would have won if they were able to use their camels

Spurtacus
07-31-2008, 12:54 AM

And Argentina would have lost if it wasn't for their big noses.

John_C
07-31-2008, 12:55 AM

Yeah, wanting to play for your country in spite of injury is kind of selfish. :bang

Trainwreck2100
07-31-2008, 12:56 AM
And Argentina would have lost if it wasn't for their big noses.

Well Iran would have won if half their fans weren't stuck at security checkpoints for the entire game

AnotherArgie
07-31-2008, 01:15 AM
Hamed Ehadadi is sick, I love him. He defends quite badly, but I guess that's because he plays in a crappy league, he should be able to defend better with more competition. The guy is 7'2, 23 years old, athletic, with smooth offensive movements and a nice mid-range.

The guy got 20 pts and 20 rebounds against Serbia yesterday (btw, Iran won that game).

Trainwreck2100
07-31-2008, 01:16 AM
The guy got 20 pts and 20 rebounds against Serbia yesterday (btw, Iran won that game).
were there camels??

midgetonadonkey
07-31-2008, 01:21 AM
Yeah, wanting to play for your country in spite of injury is kind of selfish. :bang

It is. How much is his "country" paying him as opposed to his job?

And didn't he buy a house here in SA? If so wouldn't that make his new home San Antonio? And if San Antonio is his new home, shouldn't he be loyal to his new city and not play at all for Argentina?

I'm sorry if I don't base pride on nationality. I know that concept may be stupid to most of you. I believe in don't bite the hand that feeds you.

When the Argentinian national team can give him a 40+ million dollar contract, then he can risk injury to play for them. But when they aren't he should sit his ass at home and rest his fucked up ankle.

midgetonadonkey
07-31-2008, 01:22 AM
It's that kind of foolish pride that makes me wish they trade him soon.

mavs>spurs2
07-31-2008, 01:33 AM
I honestly didn't know they really played basketball in Iran

E20
07-31-2008, 01:42 AM

Persians aren't known for herding camels, Arabs are.

Trainwreck2100
07-31-2008, 01:49 AM
Persians aren't known for herding camels, Arabs are.

There's a fucking desert so there's probably camels. Argentina no desert so no camels. Advantage Iran

E20
07-31-2008, 01:52 AM
There's a fucking desert so there's probably camels. Argentina no desert so no camels. Advantage Iran
Yeah your point? All I'm pointing out is you got the stereotype wrong. It's like calling a Brasilian a wetback or mexican.

Trainwreck2100
07-31-2008, 01:53 AM
For christ sakes the goddamn silk road ran through persia, do you think that the guys with their camels got off and said hey they don't herd camels in persia so lets get off and walk the rest of the way

E20
07-31-2008, 01:54 AM
For christ sakes the goddamn silk road ran through persia, do you think that the guys with their camels got off and said hey they don't hers camels in persia so lets get off and walk the rest of the way
That's true. I'm not saying there are no camels in Iran. All I'm saying is that Arabs are known to be camel jockeys. Can't you agree with that?

Trainwreck2100
07-31-2008, 01:56 AM
That's true. I'm not saying there are no camels in Iran. All I'm saying is that Arabs are known to be camel jockeys. Can't you agree with that?

I'm not saying they are all camel jockeys, i'm just saying that if they were allowed to use the camels that they probably own, they would have won.

AnotherArgie
07-31-2008, 01:57 AM

Google "patagonian desert".

E20
07-31-2008, 01:59 AM
I'm not saying they are all camel jockeys, i'm just saying that if they were allowed to use the camels that they probably own, they would have won.
Who would use Camels in a basketball game? Polo? maybe. Baloncesto? No.

Spurtacus
07-31-2008, 02:02 AM
This is comical.

Trainwreck2100
07-31-2008, 02:02 AM
Google "patagonian desert".

ain't that llama country?

Trainwreck2100
07-31-2008, 02:04 AM
Who would use Camels in a basketball game? Polo? maybe. Baloncesto? No.

But if you were to allow camels into a basketball game, who would have the advantage? Like if you were to replace "camels" with "hot chicks" and the advantage swings back to the Argies.

AnotherArgie
07-31-2008, 02:08 AM
ain't that llama country?

Exactly! :)

Unfortunately they're not that tall, so not useful for basketball games. LOL.

I was just pointing out that there's plenty of desert here.

Trainwreck2100
07-31-2008, 02:09 AM
Exactly! :)

Unfortunately they're not that tall, so not useful for basketball games. LOL.

I was just pointing out that there's plenty of desert here.

but no camels, see that's what I mean by advantage:Iran

JPB
07-31-2008, 02:58 AM

And didn't he buy a house here in SA? If so wouldn't that make his new home San Antonio? And if San Antonio is his new home, shouldn't he be loyal to his new city and not play at all for Argentina?

I'm sorry if I don't base pride on nationality. I know that concept may be stupid to most of you. I believe in don't bite the hand that feeds you.

When the Argentinian national team can give him a 40+ million dollar contract, then he can risk injury to play for them. But when they aren't he should sit his ass at home and rest his fucked up ankle.

What about team USA players ?

Sissiborgo
07-31-2008, 03:01 AM
they suck this year

Not really suck but they could be better!...

Cherry
07-31-2008, 07:10 AM
Iran is good and young. We're still finding our game.

bdictjames
07-31-2008, 07:55 AM

Money obviously is not everything.

ambchang
07-31-2008, 07:59 AM

It is a sad day that people could claim money as the motivating factor to everything, and actually feel justified.

kolko
07-31-2008, 08:10 AM
Argentina won 75-60 against Serbia today. Manu scored 18 points.

kuato
07-31-2008, 08:55 AM
There's a fucking desert so there's probably camels. Argentina no desert so no camels. Advantage Iran What a bunch of shit in just one sentence. Amazing! :lmao

Manufan909
07-31-2008, 09:39 AM
So how many more meaningless games are there?

kolko
07-31-2008, 09:45 AM
Tomorrow vs Australia.

urunobili
07-31-2008, 09:53 AM
any dunks on the game against Serbia?

Manufan909
07-31-2008, 09:56 AM
What time is it? I'm probably working, but I hopefully I can find a link tomo, and at least see a little.

Darthkiller
07-31-2008, 10:01 AM
wtf even summer league teams beat iran up by 20.

kolko
07-31-2008, 12:01 PM
any dunks on the game against Serbia?

No. He scored 3 three-pointers

Anti.Hero
07-31-2008, 12:07 PM
Hamed Ehadadi is sick, I love him. He defends quite badly, but I guess that's because he plays in a crappy league, he should be able to defend better with more competition. The guy is 7'2, 23 years old, athletic, with smooth offensive movements and a nice mid-range.

http://www.outsidecontext.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2007/03/windowslivewriter300-c3a7300-1343.jpg

hater
07-31-2008, 12:22 PM
Remember USA was supposed to beat Iran in soccer? LOL

Jlowd21
07-31-2008, 12:26 PM

Sounds like someone else is the selfish prick for thinking he knows whats right for another person to do.

Trainwreck2100
07-31-2008, 12:35 PM
What a bunch of shit in just one sentence. Amazing! :lmao

I reiterate Argies have llamas camels>llamas.

timaios
07-31-2008, 12:52 PM
It is a sad day that people could claim money as the motivating factor to everything, and actually feel justified.

:tu

dbreiden83080
07-31-2008, 01:07 PM

100% agree with all of this. Spurs pay him 10 mil a year so he can play all summer and come into camp, with a limp and maybe be hurt all year long. How will he feel in 10 years when ther Spurs maybe could have won another ring had he not been fucking around playing for Argentina?? These players making all this money being allowed to play in the Olympics is total bullshit. Just have the college players do it.

timaios
07-31-2008, 02:07 PM
100% agree with all of this. Spurs pay him 10 mil a year so he can play all summer and come into camp, with a limp and maybe be hurt all year long. How will he feel in 10 years when ther Spurs maybe could have won another ring had he not been fucking around playing for Argentina?? These players making all this money being allowed to play in the Olympics is total bullshit. Just have the college players do it.

So, your job and money is more important than your family and country ???
You are a nice person.

Bruno
07-31-2008, 02:12 PM
How well is Oberto playing this summer ?
He had quite good stats against Serbia, did he look good ?

ambchang
07-31-2008, 02:45 PM

People making more money run by a different set of rules. Capitalism at its best!

SAGambler
07-31-2008, 02:53 PM

Never heard of the Patagonian Desert? Located mostly in Argentina, partially in Chile.

dbreiden83080
07-31-2008, 03:14 PM
So, your job and money is more important than your family and country ???
You are a nice person.

Yes i am a nice person and i can disagree with Manu's decision, most fans seem to think he is making a mistake given how hurt he was to end the season.

When you choose to become a pro playing in the NBA making millions of dollars, there are responsibilities that come along with that. Just because Manu can make this choice without reprisal from the Spurs does not mean he should. I have said it before, that this is an easy decision for him because he has a guaranteed deal whether he is healthy or not. He can GO over to the Olympics, blow out a knee and still collect his ten million. If you are the Spurs Front Office, and he comes in to Camp really hurt or god forbid, unable to play at all, well your season just went down the fucking toilet. If he gets hurt, how many Spurs fans do you think will be saying, Manu made the right call by playing this summer?? Tim Duncan would not risk major injury, like this, he is too loyal to the Spurs for that. It's easy for Manu to do this when he is taking no risk whatsoever financially. It's a risk he should not be taking.

timaios
07-31-2008, 03:27 PM
Yes i am a nice person and i can disagree with Manu's decision, most fans seem to think he is making a mistake given how hurt he was to end the season.

When you choose to become a pro playing in the NBA making millions of dollars, there are responsibilities that come along with that. Just because Manu can make this choice without reprisal from the Spurs does not mean he should. I have said it before, that this is an easy decision for him because he has a guaranteed deal whether he is healthy or not. He can GO over to the Olympics, blow out a knee and still collect his ten million. If you are the Spurs Front Office, and he comes in to Camp really hurt or god forbid, unable to play at all, well your season just went down the fucking toilet. If he gets hurt, how many Spurs fans do you think will be saying, Manu made the right call by playing this summer?? Tim Duncan would not risk major injury, like this, he is too loyal to the Spurs for that. It's easy for Manu to do this when he is taking no risk whatsoever financially. It's a risk he should not be taking.

Playing for Argentina at the Olympics >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> playing for the Spurs.

I am french and i understand that.
Playing for the Spurs is a job.
Playing for your country is a dream.
If the Spurs or their fans are not happy with that then... too bad.

AnotherArgie
07-31-2008, 03:30 PM
How well is Oberto playing this summer ?
He had quite good stats against Serbia, did he look good ?

He is slowly taking off his "Spurs chip" and becoming more active in the offense, like he used to be in Europe. In defense he's doing pretty well, you can see how much he learned with the Spurs. Actually, right now it's the only big who can make a decent rotation. On the other hand, both Oberto and Scola are having problems with fouls (you know, "fiba sucks") :)

ambchang
07-31-2008, 03:32 PM

Twisting the facts. Duncan played in 2004, the team sucked, and he didn't play because he felt FIBA was a joke. Duncan DID risk injury in 2004, but nothing happened.

Also, FO signed Manu to a million dollar contract knowing that he would have a chance to play for Argentina. If the Spurs were so insistent on Manu not playing in the Olympics, put it in the contract.

phyzik
07-31-2008, 03:48 PM
ehh. Im on the fence about the whole "Manu playing this summer" thing... On one side I see the point that he should be resting instead of playing, signing an NBA contract comes with certain unspoken obligations.

On the other, Im not going to hate on the guy because he wants to play for his home country. I know I would quit my job in a heartbeat to join team USA if they had a beer drinking or video-game playing competition. :lol

timaios
07-31-2008, 04:26 PM
Twisting the facts. Duncan played in 2004, the team sucked, and he didn't play because he felt FIBA was a joke. Duncan DID risk injury in 2004, but nothing happened.

Also, FO signed Manu to a million dollar contract knowing that he would have a chance to play for Argentina. If the Spurs were so insistent on Manu not playing in the Olympics, put it in the contract.

I don't think it's possible to do that.

Bruno
07-31-2008, 04:27 PM
He is slowly taking off his "Spurs chip" and becoming more active in the offense, like he used to be in Europe. In defense he's doing pretty well, you can see how much he learned with the Spurs. Actually, right now it's the only big who can make a decent rotation. On the other hand, both Oberto and Scola are having problems with fouls (you know, "fiba sucks") :)

Thanks.

dbreiden83080
07-31-2008, 05:09 PM

Did Duncan end his season with a terrible ankle injury that caused him to play like a scrub in the playoffs?? Duncan was healthy enough to play in 2004, Manu was getting MRI's and injections in than ankle as little as what like a month ago?? Manu is so competitive he will risk his health but like i said it is an easy choice when you are getting paid either way

dbreiden83080
07-31-2008, 05:11 PM

I'm not sure you are allowed to put any such clause in. Doesn't the NBA tell teams not to discourage players from playing in the olympics??

dbreiden83080
07-31-2008, 05:13 PM
Playing for Argentina at the Olympics >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> playing for the Spurs.

Great then Manu can quit playing for the Spurs, hand them back their 10 mil and play for Argentina forever.

timaios
07-31-2008, 05:17 PM
Great then Manu can quit playing for the Spurs, hand them back their 10 mil and play for Argentina forever.

Why ? Because YOU decide ?

I want him to play at the olympics and i want him with the Spurs.
I decide ; not you.
You can pick another team if you wish.

dbreiden83080
07-31-2008, 05:19 PM
Why ? Because YOU decide ?

I want him to play at the olympics and i want him with the Spurs.
I decide ; not you.
You can pick another team if you wish.

No Manu decides, however what would his choice be if he had a contract with the Spurs that stipulated, "Get hurt playing for Argentina in the Summer and your deal is void"???

Think long and hard before you answer

timaios
07-31-2008, 05:29 PM
No Manu decides, however what would his choice be if he had a contract with the Spurs that stipulated, "Get hurt playing for Argentina in the Summer and your deal is void"???

Think long and hard before you answer

Argentina.

MB20
07-31-2008, 08:38 PM
Not everything is about money in this world...some people have a hard time understanding it.

glory >>>>>>>>>>>>>> money

raspsa
07-31-2008, 08:49 PM
I think the NBA realizes that playing for one' s country is a part of the business. Of course there is the risk of injury but that's offset by the greater benefit of growing basketball as a global commercial business and earning more $$$$ for everyone, the NBA included.

Of course some owners and fans are concerned that a player can be injured but in the overall scheme of things I think its an individual choice by the player concerned. The teams can protect themselves to a certain extent by taking out insurance to cover their financial exposure but that's only the money side of it.

Manu-of-steel
07-31-2008, 09:05 PM
If selfish means playing for your country in an olympic game after an injury, risking your health and nba money at the same time- then i wouldn't mind being called selfish too.

Manu-of-steel
07-31-2008, 09:28 PM

If Manu only plays for the money, the spurs may not be able to pay him if he asks for a bigger salary. Same with timmy and tony. That is their personality- money is not main motivation for playing. They are not selfish pricks like some persons think they are. This might be the exact reason why they are with the spurs. And these are also the reasons why i love the spurs. I salute Manu and other players who play not only for money, but for the love of the game and their country.

dbreiden83080
07-31-2008, 09:31 PM
Not everything is about money in this world...some people have a hard time understanding it.

glory >>>>>>>>>>>>>> money

Yeah that is real easy to say when you got 10 mil guaranteed coming to you nomatter what. If he was risking that payday by doing this, that would be a different story.

carina_gino20
07-31-2008, 10:30 PM
Manu is so competitive he will risk his health but like i said it is an easy choice when you are getting paid either way

You said it yourself. Manu is one hell of a competitor. He is also damn proud to represent his country. I don't think that's as easy a decision as you're making it to be.

Trainwreck2100
07-31-2008, 10:45 PM
Never heard of the Patagonian Desert? Located mostly in Argentina, partially in Chile.

For fux sake yes i have and there are llamas there llamas not camels for the third time

coopdogg3
07-31-2008, 10:51 PM
Aren't llamas and camels the same thing, I mean a desert is a desert - right?

<sarcasm alert>

Just a semi-cool story that has nothing to do with basketball.

http://www.livescience.com/environment/080731-cave-water.html

AnotherArgie
07-31-2008, 10:54 PM

Wow, that's semi-cool!

Trainwreck2100
07-31-2008, 11:11 PM
Aren't llamas and camels the same thing, I mean a desert is a desert - right?

<sarcasm alert>

That is more quarterly cool I wouldn't quite call it semi cool

E20
07-31-2008, 11:13 PM
Everyone remember the episode of Man vs Wild, where Bear was in the Sahara desert? He had to eat raw goat testicles, kill a camal, skin it, eat it's meat, then he had to dig out all it's guts and intestines and had to live inside it. Amazing. Bear FTW.

Scoreboard:
Man 1
Wild 0

Trainwreck2100
07-31-2008, 11:20 PM
Everyone remember the episode of Man vs Wild, where Bear was in the Sahara desert? He had to eat raw goat testicles, kill a camal, skin it, eat it's meat, then he had to dig out all it's guts and intestines and had to live inside it. Amazing. Bear FTW.

Scoreboard:
Man 1
Wild 0

didn't Star Wars did it first?

Also another reason the Argies would lose, try living in a llama and see what happens

lefty
07-31-2008, 11:27 PM
Yeah that is real easy to say when you got 10 mil guaranteed coming to you nomatter what. If he was risking that payday by doing this, that would be a different story.

How would you react if an American player turned down playing for his country in the Olympics?

Please stop with the stupid arguments

dbreiden83080
07-31-2008, 11:28 PM
You said it yourself. Manu is one hell of a competitor. He is also damn proud to represent his country. I don't think that's as easy a decision as you're making it to be.

I don't doubt Manu's competitive fire or love of country, i am just saying that the rules are set up, so in terms of the money it is not something he has to worry about. We can't say for sure what he would do if he knew he was risking his contract with the Spurs by playing this summer.

lefty
07-31-2008, 11:29 PM
I don't doubt Manu's competitive fire or love of country, i am just saying that the rules are set up, so in terms of the money it is not something he has to worry about. We can't say for sure what he would do if he knew he was risking his contract with the Spurs by playing this summer.

True, but it's the case with most NBA players involved in international competitions.

dbreiden83080
07-31-2008, 11:30 PM
How would you react if an American player turned down playing for his country in the Olympics?

Uh it is not stupid at all, the points i am making are quite valid and are shared by a large percentage of the fans. And i would not give a rats ass if an American player turned down playing in the Olympics, especially if he was hurt at the end of the season. Any other questions, Wise-Guy :rolleyes

underdawg
07-31-2008, 11:33 PM

Probably the same way we've reacted to Duncan not playing for the Olympics - not a big deal. I understand the need for Manu to play for Argentina as they try to defend their medal, but the reality is that no team will be even close to USA this year. After this year, it will go back to being a less important Olympic event as the competition level will be unfair again. Manu should focus on being a champion in the ultimate level of basketball - the NBA.

dbreiden83080
07-31-2008, 11:38 PM
Probably the same way we've reacted to Duncan not playing for the Olympics - not a big deal. I understand the need for Manu to play for Argentina as they try to defend their medal, but the reality is that no team will be even close to USA this year. After this year, it will go back to being a less important Olympic event as the competition level will be unfair again. Manu should focus on being a champion in the ultimate level of basketball - the NBA.

:toast

It is Manu's choice but how the hell is me arguing against his choice, Stupid???

He has a huge financial committment to the Spurs, does he not??

Trainwreck2100
07-31-2008, 11:41 PM
:toast

It is Manu's choice but how the hell is me arguing against his choice, Stupid???

He has a huge financial committment to the Spurs, does he not??

Not really, he gets paid regardless

dbreiden83080
07-31-2008, 11:44 PM

Yeah that is all part of my argument. This is an easy call for him to make when he gets paid, healthy or injured.

underdawg
07-31-2008, 11:46 PM

No, the commitment is that he signed a contract to play for the Spurs. They commited to Manu a set amount of money based on his ability to play basketball and if he endangers that ability (playing in the Olympics on a weak ankle, skydiving, running with the bulls, etc.) he is not living up to his commitment.

dbreiden83080
07-31-2008, 11:50 PM
No, the commitment is that he signed a contract to play for the Spurs. They commited to Manu a set amount of money based on his ability to play basketball and if he endangers that ability (playing on a weak ankle, skydiving, running with the bulls, etc.) he is not living up to his commitment.

There are insurance issues that kick in, if he gets hurt, so the Spurs are not on the hook for all his money, but the big issue here is obviously, his health and the Spurs needing him to compete. The West is still getting better and TD is not getting any younger. If Manu gets hurt badly enough that he is not able to give the Spurs what they need to compete well then what?? We just say "Oh well Manu was playing for his country, when he got hurt, no big deal that our season is lost", :rolleyes

Spurs fans will be furious at Manu

underdawg
08-01-2008, 12:02 AM
There are insurance issues that kick in, if he gets hurt, so the Spurs are not on the hook for all his money, but the big issue here is obviously, his health and the Spurs needing him to compete. The West is still getting better and TD is not getting any younger. If Manu gets hurt badly enough that he is not able to give the Spurs what they need to compete well then what?? We just say "Oh well Manu was playing for his country, when he got hurt, no big deal that our season is lost", :rolleyes

Spurs fans will be furious at Manu

the funny thing is that all of the Argentinian supporters would be better off if Manu didn't play in these Olympics. That way they could say that they didn't win the gold because Manu didn't play. It's going to be a bloodbath this year and I feel sorry for the countries that really think they have a chance. I can understand Manu's motive because he'll never give in to the thought of a defeat, but if you're a Manu fan I don't understand how you could advocate him risking his career for a quest that will end up in a silver or bronze.

chasky
08-01-2008, 12:03 AM
Manu will be playing in the 2010 Fiba World Championship and probably in 2012 in London, manu it's a terrific player but he go to play for his country in tha big events, if you don't like that trade him!

The videos:

Manu dunk vs Iran 1 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9G7KIHPwYA)

Manu dunk vs Iran 2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwOGt4HYpwo)

Bonus Track: Chapu dunk vs Serbia (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pdBhi_WhS0)

Enjoy, cherrs

Carlos

ducks
08-01-2008, 12:05 AM
I want all nba players out of the stupid games

the nba games are the most important games anyhow

ducks
08-01-2008, 12:05 AM
Manu will be playing in the 2010 Fiba World Championship and probably in 2012 in London, manu it's a terrific player but he go to play for his country in tha big events, if you don't like that trade him!

The videos:

Manu dunk vs Iran 1 (http://www.youtube.com/v/x9G7KIHPwYA)

Manu dunk vs Iran 2 (http://www.youtube.com/v/wwOGt4HYpwo)

Bonus Track: Chapu dunk vs Serbia (http://www.youtube.com/v/6pdBhi_WhS0)

Enjoy, cherrs

Carlos

manu in 2012 could not be that great
how will his body be in 2012

underdawg
08-01-2008, 12:13 AM

The videos:

Enjoy, cherrs

Carlos

That's good to know fortune teller Carlos. If you don't mind, could you please give me the winning lottery numbers for this Saturday's Texas Lottery? It's $25 million and I could really use the money.

chasky
08-01-2008, 12:22 AM
That's good to know fortune teller Carlos. If you don't mind, could you please give me the winning lottery numbers for this Saturday's Texas Lottery? It's $25 million and I could really use the money.

7 8 15 23 26 35 :downspin::p:

underdawg
08-01-2008, 12:24 AM
7 8 15 23 26 35 :downspin::p:

that better be right or I'm suing you for $25 million plus emotional damages:p:

Manufan909
08-01-2008, 12:25 AM

The videos:

Enjoy, cherrs

Carlos

That is how TP dunks in his dreams.

carina_gino20
08-01-2008, 12:27 AM

The videos:

Enjoy, cherrs

Carlos

Thanks for the vids.

I think this will be Manu's last appearance for the Olympics. He might try to push it in 2010 with the World Championships since that's the only major one missing from his resume. But I think even that'll be a stretch.

ducks
08-01-2008, 12:28 AM

tp dunks it with his wife that is where his dunking is at
he does not care if he dunks it on the court
he is not a show boat player

underdawg
08-01-2008, 12:29 AM

news report - TP is not a dunker and doesn't need to be. He scores in ways that Manu can't and vice versa.

DPG21920
08-01-2008, 12:35 AM
TP has got some hot dog in him and so does Manu. They never go overboard with it though. TP can not dunk any where close to how Manu can. Does not make him worse of a player, just a wayyyyyyyyyy worse dunker.

smeagol
08-01-2008, 12:59 AM
I want all nba players out of the stupid games

They are only stupid to the simpe-minded simpleton such as yourself

Manufan909
08-01-2008, 01:06 AM
news report - TP is not a dunker and doesn't need to be. He scores in ways that Manu can't and vice versa.

What, the tear drop? He only does that because he can't take it strong to the hoop and finish with authority. And sorry ducks, but he's just as bad a "showboater" as Manu, which isn't all that bad since it's entertaining as hell.

underdawg
08-01-2008, 01:16 AM
They are only stupid to the simpe-minded simpleton such as yourself

no, they're only important to countries trying to validate their basketball worth via the Olympics. That will be solved this year as the USA team again shows the rest of the world that 2004 was a fluke.

underdawg
08-01-2008, 01:18 AM
What, the tear drop? He only does that because he can't take it strong to the hoop and finish with authority. And sorry ducks, but he's just as bad a "showboater" as Manu, which isn't all that bad since it's entertaining as hell.

no jackass - he does that because that's part of his game. New flash again - Steve Nash (2 time MVP) doesn't dunk. It's possible to be a point guard in the NBA and not have to dunk. I'm not saying Tony could ever do the things Manu can, but at the same point Manu can't do a lot of things Tony can either.

Manudona
08-01-2008, 02:37 AM

Go fucking read a book, ignorant.

http://geology.com/records/largest-desert.shtml

MiamiHeat
08-01-2008, 03:00 AM

ah, what a breath of fresh air to read a post written by an intelligent human being

I have the same annoyance with this too. these people come to our country (USA) to use and bleed us . they dont give a crap about our country.

Manu Ginobili is here in the USA on a work visa. He has never applied for american citizenship and never will. He has dual citizenship in Argentina (birth) and Italy (his family history gave him rights to Italian citizenship). He would NEVER renounce them for an american citizenship, which the USA requires you to do if you want to become an american citizen.

he will play for argentina, and use our money and our league because they pay the most.

same goes for Yao Ming, who resides in the USA with a temporary visa. he has never applied for american citizenship and never will. he has publicly stated when his career is over, he will go back to China to live with his wife Ye Li.

these people don't give a shit about our country. not only do I wish they trade him off my teams, I wish they send their asses back to their countries and only allow american citizens to play in the USA. the world is using us and bleeding our country dry, then turning around and mocking us and criticizing us. the NBA is just another example of american companies that don't give a shit about the USA and only care about their profits. what happened to american patriotism?

manu goes and beats the USA in the olympics in 2004, yet then comes to USA to collect his nice fat millionaire paycheck while playing for an NBA team. he will play in the 2008 olympics even if he might risk further injury and ruin his ability to play for the NBA team that pays him. does he give a shit? nope. his argentine patriotism should be admired. we should have some american patriotism too. that way we can open our damn eyes and kick these people in the ass and straighten them out.

eh.

Trainwreck2100
08-01-2008, 03:03 AM

Read the fucking thread, nescient.

MaNuMaNiAc
08-01-2008, 03:09 AM

:lol relax a little. The man was making a joke, or is it you think he actually believed that Iran would have won had they had their camels with them...

MaNuMaNiAc
08-01-2008, 03:13 AM
ah, what a breath of fresh air to read a post written by an intelligent human being

I have the same annoyance with this too. these people come to our country (USA) to use and bleed us . they dont give a crap about our country.

Manu Ginobili is here in the USA on a work visa. He has never applied for american citizenship and never will. He has dual citizenship in Argentina (birth) and Italy (his family history gave him rights to Italian citizenship). He would NEVER renounce them for an american citizenship, which the USA requires you to do if you want to become an american citizen.

he will play for argentina, and use our money and our league because they pay the most.

same goes for Yao Ming, who resides in the USA with a temporary visa. he has never applied for american citizenship and never will. he has publicly stated when his career is over, he will go back to China to live with his wife Ye Li.

these people don't give a shit about our country. not only do I wish they trade him off my teams, I wish they send their asses back to their countries and only allow american citizens to play in the USA. the world is using us and bleeding our country dry, then turning around and mocking us and criticizing us. the NBA is just another example of american companies that don't give a shit about the USA and only care about their profits. what happened to american patriotism?

manu goes and beats the USA in the olympics in 2004, yet then comes to USA to collect his nice fat millionaire paycheck while playing for an NBA team. he will play in the 2008 olympics even if he might risk further injury and ruin his ability to play for the NBA team that pays him. does he give a shit? nope. his argentine patriotism should be admired. we should have some american patriotism too. that way we can open our damn eyes and kick these people in the ass and straighten them out.

eh.

oh give me a fucking break! all the man wants to do is play for his country, he isn't selling the US or the Spurs out, you overreacting dumbshits.

the amount of stupid in this thread is reaching biblical proportions...

:lmao

Whatever happened to capitalism you dumbfuck!? how about rewarding the better product? If foreigners are able to play in the NBA its because they can provide better quality of play than the American that would be taking their place otherwise.

See that? That's the basic principle of the so called "American dream", going over your fucking head... :rolleyes

MiamiHeat
08-01-2008, 03:16 AM
I don't expect a Manu Ginobili fan that lives in Argentina to care about this issue, so you don't surprise me.

Americans could find it interesting, however.

MaNuMaNiAc
08-01-2008, 03:21 AM
I don't expect a Manu Ginobili fan that lives in Argentina to care about this issue, so you don't surprise me.

mean time, ask yourself why it is that someone living in Argentina seems to grasp the concept of what America is, better than you... that's something a lot of people might find interesting as well.

atlfan25
08-01-2008, 03:45 AM
I thank the good Lord everyday because Manu decided to play in the Olympics. Manu has made the world a better place.

MaNuMaNiAc
08-01-2008, 03:51 AM
I thank the good Lord everyday because Manu decided to play in the Olympics. Manu has made the world a better place.

yeah, he isn't so much "playing" in the Olympics as he is "blessing" it with his presence :lol

AnotherArgie
08-01-2008, 04:11 AM
What's the big deal with him not becoming american citizen? Doesn't foreign workers pay more taxes over there? BTW, I didn't know you have to give up your citizenship in order to get the american one. So Duncan and Hakeem renounced to their citizenships in order to play with Team USA? I'm just confused. Do you make a difference between "citizenship" and "nationality"?

carina_gino20
08-01-2008, 04:44 AM
What's the big deal with him not becoming american citizen? Doesn't foreign workers pay more taxes over there? BTW, I didn't know you have to give up your citizenship in order to get the american one. So Duncan and Hakeem renounced to their citizenships in order to play with Team USA? I'm just confused. Do you make a difference between "citizenship" and "nationality"?

Duncan was born in the US Virgin Islands. He's American. :toast

atlfan25
08-01-2008, 05:36 AM
As I see it, the kind of people who let a man playing basketball in China upset them so much are probably the same people who would abuse their kids. But, since Manu decided to play they can put more of that aggression into the internet and we live in a better place. Amazing.

Manu has more of my respect for doing what is important to him and not letting the ever less mighty U.S. Dollar dictate what he really wants. It's a shame more people can't see that pride in a country can actually mean enough to a person to make them want to represent that country if they are able(not just under perfect conditions).

Ghazi
08-01-2008, 06:21 AM
Goooo Irannn Meshavad Va Metavaneem

dimsah
08-01-2008, 06:28 AM

Duncan is an American.

Hakeem was naturalized in 1993 which means he would have had to take an oath the renounce any previous allegiance. The "oath" is rarely enforced but it certainly does exist.

ambchang
08-01-2008, 09:00 AM
Did Duncan end his season with a terrible ankle injury that caused him to play like a scrub in the playoffs?? Duncan was healthy enough to play in 2004, Manu was getting MRI's and injections in than ankle as little as what like a month ago?? Manu is so competitive he will risk his health but like i said it is an easy choice when you are getting paid either way

Manu injured his ankle during the playoffs playing with the Spurs, so by your definition, it should be OK since it was the Spurs who paid him millions per year.

Manu playing right now is not risking injury any more than what Duncan did in 2004 since risks projects to the future, not events in the past.

Remember Duncan in 05? Ever thought that his string of ankle problems were related to him participating in the Olympics? So in retrospect, Duncan risked his health playing for the US in 04, and the Spurs DID suffer for it to some degree, despite winning the championship that year.

I'm not sure you are allowed to put any such clause in. Doesn't the NBA tell teams not to discourage players from playing in the olympics??

So at the NBA doesn't have a problem with it, but you do?

Athenea
08-01-2008, 10:42 AM

Xenophobes could find it interesting, however.

Trainwreck2100
08-01-2008, 12:12 PM

Duncan played in the qualifier for the US, before the VI had a team so according to IOC rules he couldn't play for the Vigin Islands when they had a team in 04